GHFA Premier League
Sponsors of the
Golden Boot &
Tipping Competition
Sponsors of the
Best Defence Award
Co-sponsor of the
Tipping Competition
Co-sponsor of the
Golden Boot
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Dragons Coach ()
Date: May 23, 2021 08:40PM

I thought the refs at Hayes were good. Young lad in ressies did a good job for the pets of the match I was able to see (first half and some of second half). In first grade, he did a good job in the first half. There was a penalty shout for Hills at 2 or 3 nil that could swung momentum and I’m not sure what the call was or wasn’t, but the Hills captain who got the shot off didn’t seem to complain or shout for it. There was one incident at 1-0 where I was taken out and complaining to myself about it, and the ref explained to me that it was an accident and the fella didn’t have eyes on me in the incident, etc. He saw that there may be a moment that I or another player could view it as a malicious challenge but jumped on it and diffused the situation with that chat (not that it would’ve escalated anyway).

Regarding referees personally I like to have a dialogue and banter with them and it is alway good when a referee can talk to players on the pitch. Tom (last season)and Grant (this season)do a Good job of that in my experience, juice as well (in preseason). But to your point Juice, 100% players need to identify and adjust to what the ref will accept and the. It becomes a skill managing how to skirt that line (if it can be at all).

Like all teams we’ve been on the end of good calls and calls that we’ve thought are bad but over the course of a season it evens out.

Looking forward to next week!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Tony Archer ()
Date: May 23, 2021 10:49PM

Give me the a job as a referee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Squadstrength ()
Date: May 23, 2021 11:15PM

Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the following season? Still a long way to go, any injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Check out ()
Date: May 24, 2021 06:11AM

Squadstrength Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the
> following season? Still a long way to go, any
> injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are
> too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win


All good points.
But have a quick squiz at the 21/1 ladder and the 18/1 ladder

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Pennant Hills FC guy ()
Date: May 24, 2021 08:26AM

PEN vs RSU

Ressies

2-5

Firsts

3-0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: History ()
Date: May 24, 2021 09:26AM

Squadstrength Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the
> following season? Still a long way to go, any
> injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are
> too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win


Few years ago when Rangers came up they were sitting in 1st halfway through the season. Fell away hard in the 2nd half due to lack of depth and finished 5th or 6th

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Saints player ()
Date: May 24, 2021 09:55AM

They have already had injuries and seem to be coping well.
They had 11 players missing against us last week

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Relegation battle ()
Date: May 24, 2021 01:27PM

Saints player Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have already had injuries and seem to be
> coping well.
> They had 11 players missing against us last week

Of course Dragons coped well with injuries against you guys, you’re coming last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: kenthurst keith ()
Date: May 24, 2021 04:01PM

your lucky the mighty kenthurst arent in this comp anymore wed be belting you uselss muppets

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Kenny ()
Date: May 24, 2021 04:14PM

You can’t even win your pleb hills district comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE HILl RAMS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 24, 2021 04:54PM

Kenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can’t even win your pleb hills district
> comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE HILl
> RAMS


Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA, but HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when it first started. The numerous games I’ve watched (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster, certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent quality from what I’ve seen.

Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with some Ken banter winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Weak ()
Date: May 24, 2021 05:17PM

The COC tells you everything you need to know about the hills comp. They get smashed every year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: laughable ()
Date: May 25, 2021 01:26AM

Juice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kenny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You can’t even win your pleb hills district
> > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE
> HILl
> > RAMS
>
>
> Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA, but
> HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when it
> first started. The numerous games I’ve watched
> (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster,
> certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent
> quality from what I’ve seen.
>
> Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with some
> Ken banter winking smiley


games can look fast and physical if both teams are as poor as each other

weak said it correctly, all you have to do is look at the CoC results and that tells you the standard of the comp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 25, 2021 08:12AM

laughable Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Juice Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kenny Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > You can’t even win your pleb hills district
> > > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE
> > HILl
> > > RAMS
> >
> >
> > Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA,
> but
> > HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when
> it
> > first started. The numerous games I’ve
> watched
> > (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster,
> > certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent
> > quality from what I’ve seen.
> >
> > Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with
> some
> > Ken banter winking smiley
>
>
> games can look fast and physical if both teams are
> as poor as each other
>
> weak said it correctly, all you have to do is look
> at the CoC results and that tells you the standard
> of the comp

A post season knockout competition with one team from each association is hardly a measure for the overall quality of any competition. Watch a couple of season games and then perhaps judge. It's a shame CoC didn't happen last year as I would've like to have seen Kolts perform, who were a very complete side and are again this season as well from what I've seen. To use your logic, Manly Association must thing NWSFA is a rubbish comp to win a CoC final in a canter.

Just to clarify, I said fast, physical and QUALITY... I've probably been around a little longer than you to have seen just a few more club football games including outside of NWSFA(GHFA). I'm not putting down the quality of NWSFA but as I alluded to in response to a perhaps an uninformed comment, HFI isn't the ordinary comp it once was when it first started.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: No name ()
Date: May 25, 2021 08:24AM

Juice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> laughable Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Juice Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Kenny Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > You can’t even win your pleb hills
> district
> > > > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE
> > > HILl
> > > > RAMS
> > >
> > >
> > > Not saying KEN would fair any better in
> NWSFA,
> > but
> > > HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was
> when
> > it
> > > first started. The numerous games I’ve
> > watched
> > > (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster,
> > > certainly a lot more physical and pretty
> decent
> > > quality from what I’ve seen.
> > >
> > > Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with
> > some
> > > Ken banter winking smiley
> >
> >
> > games can look fast and physical if both teams
> are
> > as poor as each other
> >
> > weak said it correctly, all you have to do is
> look
> > at the CoC results and that tells you the
> standard
> > of the comp
>
> A post season knockout competition with one team
> from each association is hardly a measure for the
> overall quality of any competition. Watch a couple
> of season games and then perhaps judge. It's a
> shame CoC didn't happen last year as I would've
> like to have seen Kolts perform, who were a very
> complete side and are again this season as well
> from what I've seen. To use your logic, Manly
> Association must thing NWSFA is a rubbish comp to
> win a CoC final in a canter.
>
> Just to clarify, I said fast, physical and
> QUALITY... I've probably been around a little
> longer than you to have seen just a few more club
> football games including outside of NWSFA(GHFA).
> I'm not putting down the quality of NWSFA but as I
> alluded to in response to a perhaps an uninformed
> comment, HFI isn't the ordinary comp it once was
> when it first started.


Its hard to compare comps.
Juice knows we played Castle Hill Utd in trials and they weren’t bad at all.
We had a few players missing in Firsts but they were a good unit and are currently “only” 4th/5th in Hills comp.
Their Ressies were really good.
Im guessing their strong teams would easily compete in our comp but perhaps the ones down the bottom would struggle against our bottom clubs

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: H ()
Date: May 25, 2021 09:27AM

Sorry, but as much as you would like to think there is quality in your competition the majority of sides in the competition wouldn't qualify for Prems in the Manly Association.
Completely different pace and quality throughout each team which is why they fair so well every year in COC.

Have a look at who has won COC over the last 10 Years as you will see the likes of Pittwater and Brookvale very prominent.

This year CC Strikers are on top in both Grades and shows that it's just not one team that dominates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 25, 2021 10:02AM

H Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but as much as you would like to think
> there is quality in your competition the majority
> of sides in the competition wouldn't qualify for
> Prems in the Manly Association.
> Completely different pace and quality throughout
> each team which is why they fair so well every
> year in COC.
>
> Have a look at who has won COC over the last 10
> Years as you will see the likes of Pittwater and
> Brookvale very prominent.
>
> This year CC Strikers are on top in both Grades
> and shows that it's just not one team that
> dominates.

H, I don't think anyone made a comparison with Manly Association. The association is and always will be strong. So many former Manly FC and other NPL players live on the 'insular peninsula' to spread across the association's PL sides its no wonder the comp is as strong as it is. Pittwater and Brookie were always sides filled with players that played at the higher levels and with vast experience. It's a very tough comp to win I'd imagine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Money Bags ()
Date: May 25, 2021 10:21AM

Plenty of clubs with deep pockets over the beaches way as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Dragons ()
Date: May 25, 2021 12:08PM

Doesn't matter how deep their pockets are. The mighty Dragons will continue to dominate this competition then turn their sights onto the rest of the State come CoC and show everyone we're up there with the best!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Not a dragon ()
Date: May 25, 2021 12:22PM

Dragons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesn't matter how deep their pockets are. The
> mighty Dragons will continue to dominate this
> competition then turn their sights onto the rest
> of the State come CoC and show everyone we're up
> there with the best!


Shut up ya flop

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: 18 ()
Date: May 25, 2021 04:52PM

Penno to give the Dragons their first loss
You heard it here first

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: May 26, 2021 10:51AM

I have to agree with the Dragons Coach, Refs were pretty good @ Hayes on the weekend. I thought the Dragons were are well drilled unit and it's great to have such quality in the PL rather than being stuck in the SL(as i know its hard to get promoted!).

You gentlemen has set the benchmark, now it's up to the rest of us to catch you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: MoneyBags ()
Date: May 26, 2021 05:08PM

Pretty hard to compare Manly vs GHFA vs Hills

Manly pay players.

I'm not aware of anyone apart from North Epping last year who pay players.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: botp ()
Date: May 26, 2021 05:20PM

It's not just Manly and hills.

The eastern suburbs comp is extremely competitive and a much higher level than here. Even the northern suburbs comp with the likes of Willoughby, lane cove west and west pymble would decimate 90% of the teams in this comp.

This association is mid strength at best. Even the likes of WPH (not this seasons team obviously) would struggle against most of the top 4 sides in those comps

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Association ()
Date: May 26, 2021 05:36PM

Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and beat them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an all round comp those associations are very strong. Even Kenthurst back in their day would struggle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: kenthurst keith ()
Date: May 26, 2021 05:58PM

Association Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and beat
> them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an
> all round comp those associations are very strong.
> Even Kenthurst back in their day would struggle.

we never struggled. we were the most dominant force in the ghfa at the time. if we came back to your new comp wed be top of the league.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Compare the pair ()
Date: May 26, 2021 07:55PM

kenthurst keith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Association Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and
> beat
> > them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an
> > all round comp those associations are very
> strong.
> > Even Kenthurst back in their day would
> struggle.
>
> we never struggled. we were the most dominant
> force in the ghfa at the time. if we came back to
> your new comp wed be top of the league.


Juice would they have? And what about the current Kenthurst?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 26, 2021 10:27PM

Ken back in the day, struggle in those comps? Not the squad the year Ken lost the CoC final to Dunbar Rovers. That squad was legit next level and would definitely compete in any of those associations, indeed a few seasons back then. The thing people forget about Ken from that era was it’s culture. If ever there was an example of a ‘winning’ culture, Ken exemplified it. Even when not playing well, it was strong. Not sure so much about the current Ken squad, I don’t have anything to do with it apart from catching the odd game if their schedule doesn’t compete with refereeing. It’s a different squad now, different dynamic. Many have moved on now as happens - it was an ‘older’ squad as it was back then - but the core of that old squad had been together for years and the bond was clearly evident. It was a strange mix of camaraderie and super, super high expectations without taking themselves too serious at the same time.
Anyway, Ken is no longer NWSFA, so not relevant. Back to seeing if MAC can extended their undefeated season thus far on the weekend smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Sparanza ()
Date: May 27, 2021 06:59AM

Juice

Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2 seasons trophy hunting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: kenthurst keith ()
Date: May 27, 2021 08:21AM

long live the bush boys

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3


Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 10?