Date: May 27, 2021 08:41AM

Sparanza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Juice
>
> Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or
> just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2
> seasons trophy hunting?

haha wph still salty. what was the banter #loyalty or some rubbish like that haha. think you will find juicy played a few more winning seasons for the mighty bushboys collecting many trophies. if im not mistaken there were numerous wph lads that left that sinking ship long before juicy to bag trophies galore with the classy pen outfit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Round 7 results
Posted by: Juice's biggest fan ()
Date: May 27, 2021 09:16AM

Bushboys are bushboys forever!

Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 27, 2021 02:40PM

Sparanza Wrote:
> Juice
>
> Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or
> just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2
> seasons trophy hunting?

Whilst there’s probably only 2 or 3 I actually know that are still at WPH, actually I did Sparanza. Went and watched a WPH cup game at Christie pre season. Oddly enough though, they play when I referee so it’s a little difficult to watch them winking smiley

... they were successful 4 seasons weren’t they hey smiling smiley

Posted by: Ghfa journeyman ()
Date: May 28, 2021 06:28AM

kenthurst keith Wrote:
> throwback thursday reminisce the dominance
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Speaking of trophy hunters... where is nate gray?

The official ghfa slut, Normo to a premiership, Normo to
Relegation the following season then off to Kenthurst.

Posted by: Alan Swan ()
Date: May 28, 2021 09:15AM

As a former GHFA Premier League referee, you normally spend a couple of years working your way through the ranks to Reserve Grade and then into First Grade, your first couple of games in First Grade are getting used to the pace of he game.

In Premier League there is many times a disparity of skills and capabilities between First Grade and Reserve Grade and I said many times, refereeing Reserves was more agricultural/difficult than refereeing First Grade and actually tougher to maintain control of the match.

I know in my time refereeing with Tony Ho, Alan Anderson, Tom Forrest some teams hated seeing me turn up and the same for other referees, you could here the moans from the teams when we arrived at the park, but after many years the players got to know my likes and dislikes and many players and myself did not see eye to eye on the park about decisions, but back chat of an aggressive type was always dealt with swiftly and unceremoniously.

The only 2 players back in the day who could get away with courteous dissent was Batten and the Captain from Pennant Hills and maybe Mr French from EEW, these players could ask about a decision in such away you could not take offence, Batten would say, "What about that hand ball Swanee?" I would respond with what I saw and we moved on, he was not one for running at the referee with a contorted face screaming WTF was that ref !

After I got to know the players in First grade I was able to have a joke and discussion on the run and we all respected each other and the game flowed and if a new brash young player came up into First Grade and decided screaming at the referee was going to win points for his team, the Captain normally pulled the player aside and quietened him down and advised him what his future would be if he continued to carry on like that ?

Posted by: Wombattler ()
Date: May 28, 2021 02:25PM

Well said Swanee!

Posted by: okay ()
Date: May 28, 2021 04:48PM

Yep there are still ref's like you in the comp and are indeed respected.

But there's still a few who are down right knob-heads and go out of their way to personify one from the get go. The best ref's leave their ego's in the dressing room.

Posted by: Vintage ()
Date: May 28, 2021 05:50PM

Juice you played in that era? Is there much difference in the standard now to then

Posted by: The worst ()
Date: May 29, 2021 01:39PM

okay Wrote:
> Yep there are still ref's like you in the comp and
> are indeed respected.
>
> But there's still a few who are down right
> knob-heads and go out of their way to personify
> one from the get go. The best ref's leave their
> ego's in the dressing room.

Sounds a lot like Craig Black.

Swanee was one of the greats!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 17?