Tipping Competition
Co-sponsor of the
Golden Boot
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Results Round 4
Posted by: Unavailability ()
Date: May 03, 2021 05:28PM

WPH have had 3 key players out all year. That’s on top of losing their right back to a broken leg at the end of last year and our first grade keeper retires.

For any side, losing 5 key players from last year is a big loss. Add lack of fitness for other first team players who were injured ore-season and some poor form from others and nobody is invincible.

Confidence is key and isn’t helped by poor decisions but we’ve had our luck in the last two years

We need to work through the current sticky patch, no excuses

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Yes sir ()
Date: May 03, 2021 06:16PM

Yep. I guarantee you every other squad is going through similar things. Sorry your guys are hurt but it happens everywhere

Posted by: No excuses ()
Date: May 03, 2021 07:14PM

Agree, hence why I said no excuses. We are good enough. We beat St Andrews and are the only team Mac have dropped points too I think. But we’ve struggled to get a consistent and fit side on the pitch all year and at times it has showed.

Zero excuses against Normo. They were far better than us on the day although the score was a bit harsh.

Hawks was a different story. The ref and senior assistant were a disgrace. At one point the Hawks players We’re actually arguing with the ref that a decision should have gone our way (full credit to them) and he ignores them! He also gave a goal for a blatant handball in the build up, and then the Senior Lino told my son he had seen a handball that should have been a penalty (right at the end, probably wouldn’t have altered the result) but wasn’t giving it because he was only flagging for throw ins!

You literally couldn’t make it up! To balance this out, he should have sent off one of our players for DOGSO but didn’t because they weren’t sure which player it was - Jesus Christ there was only 1 defender and 1 striker within 20 yards oF the ball...!!!

Quite simply the most pathetic display of officiating from the two senior men you could ever hope to see. Meanwhile the young lad was excellent and made some really good right calls both ways.

Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 03, 2021 08:52PM

No excuses, curious was the DOGSO appeal in or out of the pen box?

As for the AR’s response if indeed is what transpired, whilst perhaps unnecessary and disappointing that it was communicated to your son in the first place, each centre ref has pregame instructions for the ARs. These are completely up to the centre and how they wish to have the game officiated. Among many things, this may include how ARs process and signal offsides, what aspect of throw ins to address, infringements around their area and indeed what and how things are officiated in the box. So the AR may well have simply being follow instructions. You don’t know.

You did say WPH had an off day the previous week v NOR. It happens and whilst I won’t comment on any official, we have off days too, I know I have.

Posted by: DOGSO ()
Date: May 03, 2021 09:30PM

Just outside the box, hence we knew it was a red. Inside the box would have been a penalty and yellow - well aware of the rules.

The Lino actually said they had decided at HT to only do throw ins. Like I say, you can’t make it up!

I know you well enough Juice and having played the game at a decent level for many years you understand the game and are prepared to admit that as a ref you make mistakes. Two things that are clearly missing from the majority sadly.

Bad ref performances are ok - the players make more mistakes in any game you’ll ever see - the arrogance and total refusal to acknowledge their errors or inability to manage a game is not.

And before you ask, I can’t consider refereeing because of my back ????

Posted by: Juice ()
Date: May 03, 2021 10:01PM

DOGSO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just outside the box, hence we knew it was a red.
> Inside the box would have been a penalty and
> yellow - well aware of the rules.
>
> The Lino actually said they had decided at HT to
> only do throw ins. Like I say, you can’t make it
> up!
>
> I know you well enough Juice and having played the
> game at a decent level for many years you
> understand the game and are prepared to admit that
> as a ref you make mistakes. Two things that are
> clearly missing from the majority sadly.
>
> Bad ref performances are ok - the players make
> more mistakes in any game you’ll ever see - the
> arrogance and total refusal to acknowledge their
> errors or inability to manage a game is not.
>
> And before you ask, I can’t consider refereeing
> because of my back ????

Appreciate the clarification re dogso. As for the AR, they were simply following instructions rightly or wrongly perhaps.

... and no I wouldn’t insinuate you to pick up the whistle. A large part of why I chose to pick up the whistle was for the very concerns you raised albeit not so for judgement decisions. But in all my years playing, as I’m sure you are aware as well, decisions, good or bad (acknowledged or not) go your way some games, and not so others. Whilst perhaps some calls may have been questionable, would it be remiss of me to assume these weren’t well received at times during the game? Rightly or wrongly, this does make it hard to have any conversation with an official regardless of their state of mind. Next job as I always use to say to my team mates including myself, when they stuffed up... on to next week’s game.

Posted by: It's time to go ()
Date: May 03, 2021 10:14PM

I find it strange that one of the games stated in the previous comments had two state league refs. Surely balance the game weeks up and allow the best refs to ref the most important games

I'm hoping some of these comments will be recognised by the right people and that some change will happen. You can't have games like these going out of control with both sides complaining.

Posted by: Deep end ()
Date: May 03, 2021 10:54PM

I think it’s a little hard to decide what the “most important” games would be per round so not sure spreading the higher level refs would be possible.
As for the officials on the weekend I don’t believe they were inherently bad or incompetent, I believe they were a little bit out of their depth and struggled to maintain control of the game. And when players/spectators voiced concerns and criticised decisions they struggled to maintain their composure, failed to see the effects their bad calls were having on player attitude and lost their impartial view of the game and started to get a chip on their shoulders.
Like Juice said. Chalk it up to a bad day at the office. It happens, they’re just regular blokes that happen to have a whistle.

Posted by: Tables ()
Date: May 04, 2021 10:02AM

Can we get some updates tables please

Posted by: Tables ()
Date: May 04, 2021 01:53PM

1sts
Nor 10
Hills 10
Dragons 10
Nerds 6
Sta 4
Rsu 4
Wph 4
Wrr 2
Pen 2
Eew 1

Res
Hills 10
Sta 7
Wrr 7
Wph 7
Nor 5
Rsu 5
Pen 4
Eew 4
Dragons 4
Nerds 1

GD separating equal points placing

Posted by: 34 ()
Date: May 04, 2021 04:53PM

West Ryde Rovers will get relegated this year.

I'll back Penno to get their first win of the season at Boronia this week, two losses followed by two draws, they seem like they're due.

Normo eventually will drop. Not sure about Drgaons they seem very impressive but could be found out in the second round of fixtures.

Ryde saints to finish second last,

Eventually Epping Eastwood, Penno and West Penno will get enough results.

Eastwood St Andrews possibly better in the long run too.

Nerds currently undefeated. Quite impressive.

Definitely the most unpredictable season in a very long time

Posted by: Hawk3Y3 ()
Date: May 05, 2021 09:28AM

To be honest, watching the hawks v wph from the sideline the ref made some weird calls, but the biggest issue was when the lineman interfered with a decision.

You can't give a player no card if you deem it to be a foul last man which disrupted a goal scoring opportunity. What we heard from the side was, look it's a foul, but i don't know who did it.

This is simply not good enough. 2 players, one from each team involved. If you don't know the number, retire.. or keep your flag down.

It's because of stuff like this, that frustration creeps into the players and then it escalates to other things. Don't get me wrong, there was no excuse for the WPH to say what he said, but if things were nipped in the butt earlier it simply wouldn't have happened.

To a degree it settled out as just so happens the hawks scored and 5 mins later a WPH player was marched.

Football has a funny way of working itself out.

#9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at this level for quite some time.

Posted by: New here ()
Date: May 05, 2021 10:31AM

Hawk3Y3 Wrote:
> To be honest, watching the hawks v wph from the
> sideline the ref made some weird calls, but the
> biggest issue was when the lineman interfered with
> a decision.
>
> You can't give a player no card if you deem it to
> be a foul last man which disrupted a goal scoring
> opportunity. What we heard from the side was, look
> it's a foul, but i don't know who did it.
>
> This is simply not good enough. 2 players, one
> from each team involved. If you don't know the
> number, retire.. or keep your flag down.
>
> It's because of stuff like this, that frustration
> creeps into the players and then it escalates to
> other things. Don't get me wrong, there was no
> excuse for the WPH to say what he said, but if
> things were nipped in the butt earlier it simply
> wouldn't have happened.
>
> To a degree it settled out as just so happens the
> hawks scored and 5 mins later a WPH player was
> marched.
>
> Football has a funny way of working itself out.
>
> #9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer
> for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at
> this level for quite some time.

You’re new here? Kane has been a gun for many years.

BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD”

Posted by: Funky ()
Date: May 05, 2021 11:57AM

> BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD”

Or is it???

Posted by: ButtBiter ()
Date: May 05, 2021 12:23PM

Funky Wrote:
> > BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD”
>
> Or is it???

"Nipped in the butt" is my preference too

Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: May 05, 2021 01:52PM

My 2 c.

You play the whistle. There were some decisions which i questioned, but we all know that the ref will never change his mind, even if he is wrong.

I've watched the video and it's funny seeing it on camera as when i saw it live it was different. Which means the ref must have seen it differently.

Eitherway, WPH are a quality side and will be there when it counts.

Posted by: Silent Normo ()
Date: May 05, 2021 06:58PM

Beers FTB Wrote:
> Silent Normo fans
> Crying West Penno fans
>
> Does it get any better than this?

We don't want to draw any attention to ourself.

DOK is back, unlike that last lunny!

Posted by: Too bad ()
Date: May 05, 2021 09:44PM

Drag Queen Wrote:
> Dragons are a whole bunch of ex spirit players.
>
> Not surprising they are bringing the candy!

Really?
I don’t think so buddy.
Give me one name of an ex spirit player

Posted by: snakebite ()
Date: May 06, 2021 12:02AM

Too bad Wrote:
> Drag Queen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dragons are a whole bunch of ex spirit players.
> >
> > Not surprising they are bringing the candy!
>
>
>
> Really?
> I don’t think so buddy.
> Give me one name of an ex spirit player

Everyone is ex this ex that.

Don't buy into it.

Dragons have had a good start, but with a weak ressies squad, i can't see them making the 4.

Hope im wrong

Posted by: calm down loser ()
Date: May 08, 2021 02:38AM

Hawk3Y3 Wrote:
>
> #9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer
> for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at
> this level for quite some time.

so funny to see people come on here pretending to be someone else just to big dick themselves.

Posted by: BDE ()
Date: May 08, 2021 08:05AM

Hahah what a pumper

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 7?