Over 35 Standard in GHFA

Views: 531 Posts: 5
Interested
wrote on 04-Sep-15 08:05

Watched the video with interest and I must say I was disappointed with the quality of both sides. Granted the pitch was very poor, and it's only a one of game but I thought it would have been a better spectacle, faster and better touch with a few more stand out players. I hate to say it but too many of the guys looked well past it. I don't think either side would go close to making the top 4 in the Kuringai comp (NSFA). North Sydney, West Pymble and Northbridge would murder these guys. Good luck in the COC Ravens, I hope you get a Country side 1st up as it will be the only game you win!!

Recollections
wrote on 07-Sep-15 17:01

I haven't seen much over 35's in GHFA. Last night I watched the Canterbury final between Hurlstone Park and Leichhardt. The pace of the game was quick, and there were some very big strong tackles. Both sides had many ex-nsl players and it showed with the close ball control and passing vision. John B of APIA was very quick and skillful. Quicker than I remember anyone in prems. Strata, Toss, Whiteside included. Leichhardt won the State Cup and will be hard to beat in CoC. Last year I watched most of their CoC games until the semi where they inexplicably feel apart against Sydney Juniors. Sydney Juniors had Velmemer Kupresak at the back. This year Canley Heights are in CoC from Southern Districts and they have a number of ex-futsal internationals. Over 35's is evolving into a fast and technical competition with many high quality players. The age most people seem to transition is getting closer to 35. The days of an ex prems team putting a successful over 35's team together are fading away.

Hally
wrote on 08-Sep-15 08:04

Totally agree with you recollections. Leichhardt seem to be the yard stick and sound like a damn good side. I watched a Cup Final on Saturday afternoon between West Pymble and Chatswood Rangers which was faster than I can recall from years gone by. There wasn't too many on the pitch that would have been over 40 years old. I think there will be a few great contests in the COC this year. North Sydney United are very strong also and will be a show.

hillbillie
wrote on 21-Sep-15 20:00

The EEW O45 gun team lost in the CoC.. should hv stayed in O35

Duck
wrote on 22-Sep-15 10:02

Interested Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Watched the video with interest and I must say I > was disappointed with the quality of both sides. > Granted the pitch was very poor, and it's only a > one of game but I thought it would have been a > better spectacle, faster and better touch with a > few more stand out players. > I hate to say it but too many of the guys looked > well past it. > I don't think either side would go close to making > the top 4 in the Kuringai comp (NSFA). North > Sydney, West Pymble and Northbridge would murder > these guys. > Good luck in the COC Ravens, I hope you get a > Country side 1st up as it will be the only game > you win!! Wow you watched the game on video....TV broken? Well done Ravens, got past the country battlers Arncliffe. Good luck next round

Author:
Subject: