Live Stream
wrote on 11-Oct-20 16:00

Ressies 3-1 to Dragons Firsts 5-0 Dragons

So?
wrote on 11-Oct-20 16:06

Anyone know the results from today?

Specs
wrote on 11-Oct-20 17:06

Dragons won both Ressies 3-1 Firsts 5-1 Dragons Wer too good on both games especially in firsts quality all over the pitch

Yer
wrote on 11-Oct-20 17:08

Yer and also lived up to their reputation of being grubs especially in the reserve grade match Specs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dragons won both > Ressies 3-1 > Firsts 5-1 > > > Dragons Wer too good on both games especially in > firsts quality all over the pitch

Poor baby
wrote on 11-Oct-20 18:03

Imagine coming into a GF so cocky then being an absolute disgrace, losing a GF then cooling down for a few hours before coming on the forum and whinging

Tog
wrote on 11-Oct-20 19:02

Havent Pats lost 3 grand finals in a row? Ouch

Dragons Coach
wrote on 11-Oct-20 19:03

Very pleased to come away with two wins today! The reserve grade game was a tough one and in first grade it wasn’t as easy as the scoreline suggests. For those that weren’t there... Reserve grade - Going down inside the first minute because we didn’t do the basics at all was hard to accept and a slow opening 15 minutes was met with a very dominant last 30 of the half. From where I was standing a clear penalty that the keeper did well to save on first attempt and lucky we got the follow up. Second goal was a very good finish, good ball, good run and capitalised on an error. Reality is their young keeper kept them in it in that first half with 2-3 very good saves. Second half I was shocked they didn’t get a penalty as from my angle it looked like a foul (and a silly one to give away) however the referee saw it as simulation. Then after that the game got out of hand a little bit, some rash challenges and then reactions saw things flare up and the reality is, in men’s football you have to be able to control your mouth and they were unable to and had a couple of players sent to the sin bin. A third goal came in transition after their free kick hit our wall , a tidy finish from the club captain in his first game back in 5 weeks. First grade - another slow start and a cagey but controlled affair from both teams saw the deadlock broken by a well earn penalty (from my angle) midway through the first half. Not much else happened that’s noteworthy. Second half was very different with some very very good strikes putting daylight between us and Ravens. They needed to be good finishes because anything less would’ve been saved. Some tidy play in the build up to goal 3 and 4 with all four second half goals being belters. Ravens pulled one back with a classy finish. Hell of a day but in the end, buzzing about the wins. For a Dragons!!

Congrats
wrote on 11-Oct-20 20:03

Well done to Dragons, considering the bizarre year it was it’s a mammoth effort to take all the available trophies on offer in both grades. All the best in PL and hopefully you guys can do what Ryde Saints did this year and show the SL isn’t far behind.

Peel
wrote on 11-Oct-20 20:03

Congrats to Dragons, and all the best in the PL next season

Manager
wrote on 11-Oct-20 20:05

Thanks a lot mate

Manager
wrote on 11-Oct-20 20:06

Thankyou for the kind words

Surely
wrote on 11-Oct-20 23:01

Dragons Coach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Very pleased to come away with two wins today! The > reserve grade game was a tough one and in first > grade it wasn’t as easy as the scoreline > suggests. > > For those that weren’t there... > > Reserve grade - Going down inside the first minute > because we didn’t do the basics at all was hard > to accept and a slow opening 15 minutes was met > with a very dominant last 30 of the half. From > where I was standing a clear penalty that the > keeper did well to save on first attempt and lucky > we got the follow up. Second goal was a very good > finish, good ball, good run and capitalised on an > error. Reality is their young keeper kept them in > it in that first half with 2-3 very good saves. > Second half I was shocked they didn’t get a > penalty as from my angle it looked like a foul > (and a silly one to give away) however the referee > saw it as simulation. Then after that the game got > out of hand a little bit, some rash challenges and > then reactions saw things flare up and the reality > is, in men’s football you have to be able to > control your mouth and they were unable to and had > a couple of players sent to the sin bin. A third > goal came in transition after their free kick hit > our wall , a tidy finish from the club captain in > his first game back in 5 weeks. > > First grade - another slow start and a cagey but > controlled affair from both teams saw the deadlock > broken by a well earn penalty (from my angle) > midway through the first half. Not much else > happened that’s noteworthy. Second half was very > different with some very very good strikes putting > daylight between us and Ravens. They needed to be > good finishes because anything less would’ve > been saved. Some tidy play in the build up to goal > 3 and 4 with all four second half goals being > belters. Ravens pulled one back with a classy > finish. > > Hell of a day but in the end, buzzing about the > wins. For a Dragons!! Surely you Watched the game. But we all know The dragons coach and he is never on this forum .. well done tho lol

Dragons Coach
wrote on 12-Oct-20 07:01

Surely Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dragons Coach Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Very pleased to come away with two wins today! > The > > reserve grade game was a tough one and in first > > grade it wasn’t as easy as the scoreline > > suggests. > > > > For those that weren’t there... > > > > Reserve grade - Going down inside the first > minute > > because we didn’t do the basics at all was > hard > > to accept and a slow opening 15 minutes was met > > with a very dominant last 30 of the half. From > > where I was standing a clear penalty that the > > keeper did well to save on first attempt and > lucky > > we got the follow up. Second goal was a very > good > > finish, good ball, good run and capitalised on > an > > error. Reality is their young keeper kept them > in > > it in that first half with 2-3 very good saves. > > Second half I was shocked they didn’t get a > > penalty as from my angle it looked like a foul > > (and a silly one to give away) however the > referee > > saw it as simulation. Then after that the game > got > > out of hand a little bit, some rash challenges > and > > then reactions saw things flare up and the > reality > > is, in men’s football you have to be able to > > control your mouth and they were unable to and > had > > a couple of players sent to the sin bin. A > third > > goal came in transition after their free kick > hit > > our wall , a tidy finish from the club captain > in > > his first game back in 5 weeks. > > > > First grade - another slow start and a cagey > but > > controlled affair from both teams saw the > deadlock > > broken by a well earn penalty (from my angle) > > midway through the first half. Not much else > > happened that’s noteworthy. Second half was > very > > different with some very very good strikes > putting > > daylight between us and Ravens. They needed to > be > > good finishes because anything less would’ve > > been saved. Some tidy play in the build up to > goal > > 3 and 4 with all four second half goals being > > belters. Ravens pulled one back with a classy > > finish. > > > > Hell of a day but in the end, buzzing about the > > wins. For a Dragons!! > > > > Surely you Watched the game. But we all know The > dragons coach and he is never on this forum .. > well done tho lol ...nah mate it’s me. If you’re a Dragon, I’ll see you at Midday!

Sam
wrote on 12-Oct-20 15:02

Was anyone at the games yesterday who wasn’t aligned to any team? Interested in an unbiased rundown of both games

live stream...
wrote on 12-Oct-20 16:00

watch the match... look @ GHFA facebook.

Too bad
wrote on 12-Oct-20 22:07

I wish I could have been there to see St Pats choke for a third time. Always grubs to play. They are always cocky when they beat you but looks like they couldn’t handle the big occasion. Where’s old mate As If now? Gone quiet since his predictions were wrong??? Dragons reserves aren’t as good as people make out but they do have a few decent attackers and defenders which is all you need in this comp let’s face it. Dragons firsts and Redbacks firsts were the real deal. Too bad reddies stuffed the last game. Would have made a good final.

Watched
wrote on 13-Oct-20 06:00

I was at Christie on Sunday. Saw 4 entertaining games. The way Pats carried on in ressies was nothing short of disgraceful and embarrassing. At least Ravens got pumped with dignity

Dragon associate
wrote on 13-Oct-20 09:03

My completely unbiased view: The non penalty to Pats we thought was an incredible decision. It looked like a clear cut penalty. Pats unlucky there. The lead-up to the 3rd Dragons goal was no way handball. It hit the player in the gonads region and the ball was travelling very quickly with the player’s natural reaction to cover his gonads with his hands. Play on all day long. Dragons definitely the better team over 90 minutes and deserved the win although Pats had a brilliant season and were deserved Premiers

PatsinHats
wrote on 13-Oct-20 09:05

I thought the referee in the ressies made two controversial decisions that could have changed the game. I thought the shoulder charge in the penalty box should have been given a pen instead the referee called it as diving and I thought Dragons last goal should not been awarded because there was a handball in the box for Pats when they took the freekick? Anyone have thoughts about this? EVen though Pats got outplayed throughout the majority of the match, still two key decisions that could have turned the game upside-down.

Thanks
wrote on 13-Oct-20 10:08

Dragon associate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My completely unbiased view: > > The non penalty to Pats we thought was an > incredible decision. It looked like a clear cut > penalty. Pats unlucky there. > > The lead-up to the 3rd Dragons goal was no way > handball. It hit the player in the gonads region > and the ball was travelling very quickly with the > player’s natural reaction to cover his gonads > with his hands. Play on all day long. > > Dragons definitely the better team over 90 minutes > and deserved the win although Pats had a brilliant > season and were deserved Premiers Thanks for the objective view. I thought looking at the replay that the ball he his hands and with the new rules around handball, it could have been given.

Handball
wrote on 13-Oct-20 15:03

The refereeing was a joke in the ressies game. Apart from the handball in the lead up, the dragon striker used his hands to push the pats defender down while he was running so the guy fell over. That gave him a clear run to goal. The striker was bigger than him so it was easy to push him otherwise the defender would have caught up and blocked the shot.

Kleenex man
wrote on 13-Oct-20 15:07

STILL crying? 1. Improve your attitudes as your embarrassing 2. Improve your football

Shame..
wrote on 13-Oct-20 16:04

From his uniform, I thought great we have a State League ref then we got that. The Linesman should have refereed that game. He did the grand final last year and did a fantastic job. Class ref

Joker 46
wrote on 13-Oct-20 16:06

Handball Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The refereeing was a joke in the ressies game. > Apart from the handball in the lead up, the dragon > striker used his hands to push the pats defender > down while he was running so the guy fell over. > That gave him a clear run to goal. The striker was > bigger than him so it was easy to push him > otherwise the defender would have caught up and > blocked the shot. This is the funniest thing ive ever read. The dragons striker didn’t push him at all and if you watch it again he actually doesn’t even touch him whatsoever. Its quite clear really. Dry your tears and prepare to be runners up again next season

Just sayin
wrote on 13-Oct-20 18:01

If he was that good he wouldn’t be playing reserves...

Just looked
wrote on 13-Oct-20 18:01

I just had a look and the dragons goal is about the 80th minute from memory. A really well taken goal. That striker is very good

What minute
wrote on 13-Oct-20 18:02

Does anyone know what minute these incidents occured so people can review them on the replays?

Agree
wrote on 13-Oct-20 18:02

Joker 46 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Handball Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The refereeing was a joke in the ressies game. > > Apart from the handball in the lead up, the > dragon > > striker used his hands to push the pats > defender > > down while he was running so the guy fell over. > > That gave him a clear run to goal. The striker > was > > bigger than him so it was easy to push him > > otherwise the defender would have caught up and > > blocked the shot. > > > This is the funniest thing ive ever read. The > dragons striker didn’t push him at all and if > you watch it again he actually doesn’t even > touch him whatsoever. Its quite clear really. > Dry your tears and prepare to be runners up again > next season i agree. if anything the pats defender wasnt quick enough and tried to hack the dragons striker and unlike some flops in the comp he actually tried to keep his feet. dragons deserved the goal for that alone

Just looked
wrote on 13-Oct-20 18:06

*70th minute

Yeah
wrote on 17-Oct-20 08:08

I watched the videos and there were some great goals in both games, but particularly the firsts game. In the ressies game it looks like all The goals except the last one were from mistakes but dragons certainly created more chances. Not sure about everyone else but during the season we did not experience many TDs. For the ref to hand out a few in a GF was pretty bold. St Pats should have worked out what he was like a bit quicker to be honest, instead of continuing to whinge and moan. But then again, habits are hard to break. Was that the captain who scored the third goal? I only played against him once early in the season but he was a good player and faster than you think for an older player. I play reserves so I’m not sure here but in the firsts game it looked like one of the reserves coaches was actually playing?? And scored two goals?? Pretty rare in this comp to have coaching staff who play. I could be wrong but it looks like one of the coaches. Anyway well done dragons in both.

Dragons insider
wrote on 17-Oct-20 09:06

Thanks mate. Yeah the guy who scored Ressies 3rd goal is a good player. He is inly about 28 and has constant battles with injuries. Has literally played every season for Dragons since he was 5 years old and is an absolute legend of a bloke. The guy who scored a brace for Firsts is the head coach of the squad. Also a top bloke and a very good player

Dragons insider 2
wrote on 17-Oct-20 12:00

Haha he’s actually 31 but yeah he’s a top bloke and great player. He’ll get a big head if he reads this haha.

Author:
Subject: