A question for the association

Views: 1093 Posts: 13
Korona Karen
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:07

idkk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How is it that YMCA get to have both a premier > league and super league squad. I don't understand. > Anyone have an answer? Because there was a opening in SL and they nominated for it. Pretty simple really. The only difference is that the SL squad are not eligible for promotion to PL, not sure whet would happen in their PL side got relegated to SL though.

idkk
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:08

How is it that YMCA get to have both a premier league and super league squad. I don't understand. Anyone have an answer?

That’s why
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:09

Because Ryde Panthers are pussies and therefore SL struggle to get an least an 8 club comp

mac unii
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:01

so what happens if epping fc SL come last?? do they go aa1/2 or stay in sl?

the truthhh
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:02

idkk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How is it that YMCA get to have both a premier > league and super league squad. I don't understand. > Anyone have an answer? Well the thing is Epping fc ressies would be better off in 18/1's

big jack
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:04

That’s why Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because Ryde Panthers are pussies and therefore SL > struggle to get an least an 8 club comp Well yes Ryde panthers are pussies but what about the other clubs, Roselea, Sharks, ASHH, the old Beecroft and North Ryde??

the future of sl
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:05

real problem is the clubs like epping fc and WPH. Truth is SL is a dying comp where it struggles to keep 10 competitive clubs going at it every season. clubs such as NERDS,STA, Roselea and Panthers (with promising junior teams) will eventually fold due to current demographics and big clubs such as Epping and WPH will acquire all their good players and build super squads

the future of sl
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:05

real problem is the clubs like epping fc and WPH. Truth is SL is a dying comp where it struggles to keep 10 competitive clubs going at it every season. clubs such as NERDS,STA, Roselea and Panthers (with promising junior teams) will eventually fold due to current demographics and big clubs such as Epping and WPH will acquire all their good players and build super squads

Facts
wrote on 15-Sep-20 17:07

If Epping got relegated from PL they could only have one SL squad. That means Epping FC and the Association would currently be sweating on them staying up in PL to avaoid a disaster. A few years ago Epping Eastwood flirted with the idea of putting a squad into SL but nothing came of it. Apart from their strong PL they are somewhat a shrinking club. But heaps more honourable than Panthers who proclaim how big they are with so many teams but won’t enter SL. Stocks have thinned out with the demise of Mac Uni, Ararat and others to the point where they are only 6 competitive squads in SL. Really we need 10 but that seems a loooong way off

Over 30s
wrote on 15-Sep-20 19:04

Panthers have had a team in AA1s for years now. I heard that the club themselves had put forward the idea of nominating for a SL squad a couple of years back but had less than 10 players put their hands up for it. One of their current AA1s teams is also made up of blokes in their mid to late 30s, who have other priorities like work and young families and not the time or the interest in training committments. As much as I'd like to see some different teams in the comp I can respect those guys decision not to want to play SL.

Loyalty
wrote on 15-Sep-20 19:06

I agree with the points made in the posts above. It seems to me the biggest problem is there ain't much loyalty these days with players sticking to the club they've grown up in. Too many shop around for Div 1 football that their club can't offer and that's why those clubs lose teams, fold their best teams and can't offer SL or PL. It had been mentioned in an earlier thread that EPP had some great teams in the younger age groups. That's great, but how many of those players have played for them since U6s? If all the best players of the age group are going to one club, how can the other clubs compete? And what else does anyone expect when EPP have SL and PL squads. I know there are other factors that come into play with juniors and the team they play for - friends, competitive parents, wanting to play AYL - but it seems to me all clubs would benefit if their players were loyal to their club.

Juice
wrote on 19-Sep-20 23:04

Facts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If Epping got relegated from PL they could only > have one SL squad. > That means Epping FC and the Association would > currently be sweating on them staying up in PL to > avaoid a disaster. > A few years ago Epping Eastwood flirted with the > idea of putting a squad into SL but nothing came > of it. > Apart from their strong PL they are somewhat a > shrinking club. > But heaps more honourable than Panthers who > proclaim how big they are with so many teams but > won’t enter SL. > Stocks have thinned out with the demise of Mac > Uni, Ararat and others to the point where they are > only 6 competitive squads in SL. > Really we need 10 but that seems a loooong way off Actually, even more years back, EEW had a SL side promoted with the club having two teams in the PL the following season and a couple more - EEW (gold) and EEW (black). It has been done before.

Juice
wrote on 19-Sep-20 23:04

Facts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If Epping got relegated from PL they could only > have one SL squad. > That means Epping FC and the Association would > currently be sweating on them staying up in PL to > avaoid a disaster. > A few years ago Epping Eastwood flirted with the > idea of putting a squad into SL but nothing came > of it. > Apart from their strong PL they are somewhat a > shrinking club. > But heaps more honourable than Panthers who > proclaim how big they are with so many teams but > won’t enter SL. > Stocks have thinned out with the demise of Mac > Uni, Ararat and others to the point where they are > only 6 competitive squads in SL. > Really we need 10 but that seems a loooong way off Actually, even more years back, EEW had a SL side promoted with the club having two teams in the PL the following season and a couple more - EEW (gold) and EEW (black). It has been done before.

Author:
Subject: