Results 15-8

Views: 2687 Posts: 61
Johny
wrote on 15-Aug-20 09:00

Lol dragons are SCAREED!

Cold feet
wrote on 15-Aug-20 09:01

Dragons vs Thornleigh is a wash out

Dragons have called the game off due to wet weather at Waterloo this afternoon, but somehow they are still playing all the juniors games this morning at Waterloo....

Joke
wrote on 15-Aug-20 10:05

Please tell me how Macquarie can dictate at what time a ground is closed?

Tom
wrote on 15-Aug-20 10:08

It’s up to the clubs in association with NWSF if they close their grounds

Being Kunts
wrote on 15-Aug-20 10:09

Macquarie Dragons refusing to move the game to a different ground or time this weekend & are trying to reschedule the game for a double header on the weekend they play KFC. Classic Dragons running scared the little b!thces

Truth
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:01

I think they figure the kids will play and it will get chopped up and thats that. But when it comes to 2 games of mens football with a much higher intensity it is a different story

Truth
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:05

Waterloo Park is under water in patches. Goalmouth is a total mess. Kids are playing on it this morning and by the time SL play on it, it would be dangerous. The squad were more than happy to play on another ground but NWSF couldn’t accommodate this. Other options such as playing tonight at short notice were unacceptable to them due to the number of players who would be unavailable. Isn’t that fair enough? Have a nice weekend and enjoy your football this weekend :)

Truth
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:06

Appropriate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And this is how the name of the park was > established.. > > Surely they knew it was unplayable yesterday > afternoon with the rainfall. Possibly. Also there was no way of knowing that we would get rain during the night. The squad was definitely looking to play and test themselves against one of the strongest squads in the comp, especially after last weekend’s disappointing showings. Trust me the definitely weren’t “running scared” lol. Enjoy your games this weekend guys

Appropriate
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:08

And this is how the name of the park was established.. Surely they knew it was unplayable yesterday afternoon with the rainfall.

Truth 2.0
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:08

Let’s just hope no kid ends up with a nasty injury going through those big puddles!

Interesting
wrote on 15-Aug-20 11:09

If the ground has puddles on it then it’s dangerous for everyone to play regardless of age or ability. No one should have been allowed to play on the ground, good to see the club is making player safety a priority!

Tim Bailey
wrote on 15-Aug-20 12:09

For next time everyone, www.bom.gov.au gives pretty accurate weather forecasts...

Neutral fan
wrote on 15-Aug-20 15:03

Mac Dragons running scared. LOL. What a bunch of cowards

Peel
wrote on 15-Aug-20 16:04

RAV v HFC Ressies 4-3 Firsts 4-1

No result
wrote on 15-Aug-20 17:00

No result at Waterloo. Dragons apparently bitched out

?
wrote on 15-Aug-20 17:03

Any other results?

Random
wrote on 15-Aug-20 17:04

Why is everyone attacking the dragons ?? They must have caused an upset to each one of you . Everyone is attacking them from behind the keyboard , I would like to watch you guys trying to do it ok the pitch. I have watched some games this season and to me the dragons are the team to beat they are playing amazing football.

Beetch Dragon
wrote on 15-Aug-20 17:08

Hi I am a soft sissy girl and I want to play for Dragons, I've heard this is the right club for me. When can I sign up?

Truth
wrote on 15-Aug-20 18:04

Random Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why is everyone attacking the dragons ?? > They must have caused an upset to each one of you > . > Everyone is attacking them from behind the > keyboard , I would like to watch you guys trying > to do it ok the pitch. > I have watched some games this season and to me > the dragons are the team to beat they are playing > amazing football. No ones having a go at their football ability, just their piss poor excuse for calling the game of....

Jonjo
wrote on 15-Aug-20 18:09

Put vs Pats Res : Pats 5 Putney 0 Firsts: Putney 2 Pats 1

Who cares
wrote on 15-Aug-20 18:09

Random Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why is everyone attacking the dragons ?? > They must have caused an upset to each one of you > . > Everyone is attacking them from behind the > keyboard , I would like to watch you guys trying > to do it ok the pitch. > I have watched some games this season and to me > the dragons are the team to beat they are playing > amazing football. Obviously some shit Ressie players who probably got spanked by them. Also with nothing better to do lol

Mud Bath
wrote on 15-Aug-20 19:01

If a game was hosted at Bremner with that sliding mud bowl then I’m sure Waterloo could’ve hosted a couple games. Looks like a mid week or double header catch up game

Wowsers
wrote on 15-Aug-20 19:05

You really think the coach or the players called the games off? You don’t know how it works do you

Special case
wrote on 15-Aug-20 19:07

Wowsers Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You really think the coach or the players called > the games off? You don’t know how it works do > you Again it’s directed at the club not the super league team, the fact the club called the game off was a joke.

thunder
wrote on 15-Aug-20 22:09

THL V MCD RES THL 3-0 FIRST THL 3-0 Or so it should be, soft dragons calling it off. Probably had players suspended or injured and couldn’t field a “decent team”, You had the opportunity for pennant hills astro 5pm and 7pm this afternoon. Also had ELS hall as an option. Everyone would feel the same way if this happened to them.

Massive coward
wrote on 15-Aug-20 23:07

Haha hey Dragons, do you guys get a multi discount on tampons?? Anyway, hope your Saturday was good painting your nails. Pretty bitch move to get the game called, says a lot about you cowards. See you in prems in 25 years boys xx

Hopeyourtough
wrote on 16-Aug-20 08:01

thunder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > THL V MCD > > RES THL 3-0 > FIRST THL 3-0 > > Or so it should be, soft dragons calling it off. > Probably had players suspended or injured and > couldn’t field a “decent team”, You had the > opportunity for pennant hills astro 5pm and 7pm > this afternoon. Also had ELS hall as an option. > Everyone would feel the same way if this happened > to them. Probably not a good idea putting this up with your real name and email address lol

Gregor
wrote on 16-Aug-20 08:05

Geez there copping a lot of shit on here for something they had no control over. Still pretty funny i spose. The forum takes no prisoners

The Northern KFC Colonel
wrote on 16-Aug-20 10:07

Ravens extremely lucky to beat us yesterday. Can't believe such an average team is leading the competition. No wonder they got relegated from PL. If only the referees liked us as much as they like the team we play against each week. Mac Dragons up all Friday night hosing down Waterloo to postpone the game. Bunch of pretenders that club. I have a good mind to close down my Macquarie Centre KFC store after this.

Manager
wrote on 16-Aug-20 12:08

Hi, I’m the dragons manager. We didn’t run from thornleigh you idiots

MT
wrote on 16-Aug-20 13:04

I am the Dragons manager. Whoever that was isn’t. Why do people need to bullshit?!

Just asking
wrote on 16-Aug-20 13:05

Does anyone know how we can arrange lightning at west Epping park for next Saturday? We have a few players out right now and it’s the only way we can get out of playing next week. When our players return us dragons will go on to win the comp

Waterpoo
wrote on 16-Aug-20 15:03

Can't Dragons play anywhere else but that crap-hole at Waterloo? That game should have been played yesterday. SL is a priority. Cancel all the junior games and make sure that pitch is ready at 1pm.

Real manager
wrote on 16-Aug-20 15:05

I’m also the dragons manager lol

Broken Record
wrote on 16-Aug-20 16:03

I’ll give you credit for being consistent Colonel and to continue blaming the refs again for you getting another spanking! I assume your arse is nice and sore. You should take a good look at your own team before blaming the poor refs who do a decent job week in, week out as you struggled to string to two passes together when we played you earlier in the season. #ColonelcanonlydreamofPL

Sideline
wrote on 16-Aug-20 18:03

I imagine Dragons would have been as annoyed about not playing as everyone on the forum would appear to be - and even more so given that the junior teams were allowed to play. The only people who should be more annoyed are Thornleigh who have missed out entirely through no fault of their own. They should quite rightly be pissed off. Would have been a good game to watch given both teams' form. Interestingly it's not up to 1 team to decide whether the ground is good enough/safe enough to play on if it is not closed by the local council. It's up to the club committee and I suppose the referee in some instances - I'm sure the referees on the forum would be happy to shed some light. Why Waterloo was closed for only the afternoon games is anyone's guess and a question for the Dragons committee. If it was unplayable for 1 and 3 then you'd think it was unplayable from 8:30. Kids are just as likely to hurt themselves in unsafe conditions, despite the lesser intensity. To be honest given the state of the pitch in dry conditions you'd have though council would have closed it after a week's worth of rain. No one who's played there before could argue otherwise. In any case it's hard to believe that there was no other ground available for use this weekend. The initial suggestion that Dragons were running scared is clearly pot stirring from former Ryde Saint 'Johny'. Others have jumped on the bandwagon as usual - classic GHFA forum. A team that has lost only 2 games out of 12 across both grades shouldn't be running scared. If Dragons were missing players it could only be through injury. Suspensions seem unlikely as we would surely have heard about any reds on earlier threads - unless it's accumulated yellows. If players were away we can only wonder where they've gone given COVID restrictions. Maybe the only players available were the ones who played St Pat's last week... jokes aside it seems a bit rough to lay the blame at the players' door, but easy enough to do behind a keyboard. But look on the brightside, the rest of us don't have to play a double header like Dragons and Thornleigh now have to. That can only benefit everyone else.

MT
wrote on 16-Aug-20 18:04

To reiterate previous posts we were happy to play at another ground and one couldn’t be arranged. And to answer the above post, we have nobody suspended and 4 injured players out of our squad of 38. Myself and a senior person from Thornleigh spoke multiple times yesterday and both clubs are looking forward to playing eachother in the coming weeks. Thanks for the entertainment! Good luck to all clubs this weekend

Old man
wrote on 16-Aug-20 19:08

Sideline Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I imagine Dragons would have been as annoyed about > not playing as everyone on the forum would appear > to be - and even more so given that the junior > teams were allowed to play. The only people who > should be more annoyed are Thornleigh who have > missed out entirely through no fault of their own. > They should quite rightly be pissed off. Would > have been a good game to watch given both teams' > form. > > Interestingly it's not up to 1 team to decide > whether the ground is good enough/safe enough to > play on if it is not closed by the local council. > It's up to the club committee and I suppose the > referee in some instances - I'm sure the referees > on the forum would be happy to shed some light. > Why Waterloo was closed for only the afternoon > games is anyone's guess and a question for the > Dragons committee. If it was unplayable for 1 and > 3 then you'd think it was unplayable from 8:30. > Kids are just as likely to hurt themselves in > unsafe conditions, despite the lesser intensity. > To be honest given the state of the pitch in dry > conditions you'd have though council would have > closed it after a week's worth of rain. No one > who's played there before could argue otherwise. > In any case it's hard to believe that there was no > other ground available for use this weekend. > > The initial suggestion that Dragons were running > scared is clearly pot stirring from former Ryde > Saint 'Johny'. Others have jumped on the bandwagon > as usual - classic GHFA forum. A team that has > lost only 2 games out of 12 across both grades > shouldn't be running scared. If Dragons were > missing players it could only be through injury. > Suspensions seem unlikely as we would surely have > heard about any reds on earlier threads - unless > it's accumulated yellows. If players were away we > can only wonder where they've gone given COVID > restrictions. Maybe the only players available > were the ones who played St Pat's last week... > jokes aside it seems a bit rough to lay the blame > at the players' door, but easy enough to do behind > a keyboard. > > But look on the brightside, the rest of us don't > have to play a double header like Dragons and > Thornleigh now have to. That can only benefit > everyone else. You mean Johnny the old hack who is a benchie for putney ressies and never stops winging? Hes an embarresmant that bloke

Man in black
wrote on 16-Aug-20 22:01

Sideline Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I imagine Dragons would have been as annoyed about > not playing as everyone on the forum would appear > to be - and even more so given that the junior > teams were allowed to play. The only people who > should be more annoyed are Thornleigh who have > missed out entirely through no fault of their own. > They should quite rightly be pissed off. Would > have been a good game to watch given both teams' > form. > > Interestingly it's not up to 1 team to decide > whether the ground is good enough/safe enough to > play on if it is not closed by the local council. > It's up to the club committee and I suppose the > referee in some instances - I'm sure the referees > on the forum would be happy to shed some light. > Why Waterloo was closed for only the afternoon > games is anyone's guess and a question for the > Dragons committee. If it was unplayable for 1 and > 3 then you'd think it was unplayable from 8:30. > Kids are just as likely to hurt themselves in > unsafe conditions, despite the lesser intensity. > To be honest given the state of the pitch in dry > conditions you'd have though council would have > closed it after a week's worth of rain. No one > who's played there before could argue otherwise. > In any case it's hard to believe that there was no > other ground available for use this weekend. > > The initial suggestion that Dragons were running > scared is clearly pot stirring from former Ryde > Saint 'Johny'. Others have jumped on the bandwagon > as usual - classic GHFA forum. A team that has > lost only 2 games out of 12 across both grades > shouldn't be running scared. If Dragons were > missing players it could only be through injury. > Suspensions seem unlikely as we would surely have > heard about any reds on earlier threads - unless > it's accumulated yellows. If players were away we > can only wonder where they've gone given COVID > restrictions. Maybe the only players available > were the ones who played St Pat's last week... > jokes aside it seems a bit rough to lay the blame > at the players' door, but easy enough to do behind > a keyboard. > > But look on the brightside, the rest of us don't > have to play a double header like Dragons and > Thornleigh now have to. That can only benefit > everyone else. All good points, and validly put together. My 2cents, I have only ever once had to call a game off in some 20 odd years due to condition of the pitch, when it wasn’t already closed by the council (Campbell Park was a mud bowl). I am not surprised that another pitch for the same kick off could not be arranged - there were plenty of other washouts and other comps / teams arranged for practically every other available pitch, and whilst with preparation SL and PL do get some degree of preferential treatment (like last weekend), it is a big ask to just bump another match off a pitch.

Man in black
wrote on 16-Aug-20 22:01

Sideline Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I imagine Dragons would have been as annoyed about > not playing as everyone on the forum would appear > to be - and even more so given that the junior > teams were allowed to play. The only people who > should be more annoyed are Thornleigh who have > missed out entirely through no fault of their own. > They should quite rightly be pissed off. Would > have been a good game to watch given both teams' > form. > > Interestingly it's not up to 1 team to decide > whether the ground is good enough/safe enough to > play on if it is not closed by the local council. > It's up to the club committee and I suppose the > referee in some instances - I'm sure the referees > on the forum would be happy to shed some light. > Why Waterloo was closed for only the afternoon > games is anyone's guess and a question for the > Dragons committee. If it was unplayable for 1 and > 3 then you'd think it was unplayable from 8:30. > Kids are just as likely to hurt themselves in > unsafe conditions, despite the lesser intensity. > To be honest given the state of the pitch in dry > conditions you'd have though council would have > closed it after a week's worth of rain. No one > who's played there before could argue otherwise. > In any case it's hard to believe that there was no > other ground available for use this weekend. > > The initial suggestion that Dragons were running > scared is clearly pot stirring from former Ryde > Saint 'Johny'. Others have jumped on the bandwagon > as usual - classic GHFA forum. A team that has > lost only 2 games out of 12 across both grades > shouldn't be running scared. If Dragons were > missing players it could only be through injury. > Suspensions seem unlikely as we would surely have > heard about any reds on earlier threads - unless > it's accumulated yellows. If players were away we > can only wonder where they've gone given COVID > restrictions. Maybe the only players available > were the ones who played St Pat's last week... > jokes aside it seems a bit rough to lay the blame > at the players' door, but easy enough to do behind > a keyboard. > > But look on the brightside, the rest of us don't > have to play a double header like Dragons and > Thornleigh now have to. That can only benefit > everyone else. All good points, and validly put together. My 2cents, I have only ever once had to call a game off in some 20 odd years due to condition of the pitch, when it wasn’t already closed by the council (Campbell Park was a mud bowl). I am not surprised that another pitch for the same kick off could not be arranged - there were plenty of other washouts and other comps / teams arranged for practically every other available pitch, and whilst with preparation SL and PL do get some degree of preferential treatment (like last weekend), it is a big ask to just bump another match off a pitch.

The Call
wrote on 17-Aug-20 10:02

Realistically Dragons should have made the call much earlier than they did. Friday night with all the rain, should have told them whether the pitch was going to hold up or not. If it wasn't, don't take the chance and relocate somewhere else. Otherwise all juniors games should have been cancelled and priority for the SL game should have happened. Make no mistake this will backfire on Dragons. No one wants to play a double header two days in a row nor do they want a bare minimum squad for a midweek game

Correct Call
wrote on 17-Aug-20 10:04

^ Exactly right. Dragons really wanted to play yet left it till the last minute after the pitch was used by kids on the day, there's no real excuse other than soft c**ks. Especially after the weekend before when the precedent was set relocating games on the Friday.

Opposition
wrote on 17-Aug-20 10:08

Not true. The decision to call of the SL games was made at 7:30am on Saturday. Too hard for NWSF to find another ground for the usual time slots

Correct Call
wrote on 17-Aug-20 11:00

Opposition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not true. The decision to call of the SL games was > made at 7:30am on Saturday. > Too hard for NWSF to find another ground for the > usual time slots The fixtures online were updated Friday afternoon for the previous week and we let our squad know Friday COB. You may have found out after..

Fair
wrote on 17-Aug-20 11:03

Fair point. But from what i have read im not sure the actual squad being the coach and players had any power in making the call. In any case maybe its a lesson for that club and everyone else

Fair
wrote on 17-Aug-20 11:03

Fair point. But from what i have read im not sure the actual squad being the coach and players had any power in making the call. In any case maybe its a lesson for that club and everyone else

Correct Call
wrote on 17-Aug-20 11:06

I find it hard to believe the club committee/management made the call, after letting the kids play in the morning, without the input of the SL players and coaches to cancel. I can't see Thornleigh agreeing to call it off, nor the referees, on the morning of the game when the pitch was in use already and people would've made arrangements to get there. Maybe those from MD should just put their hands up and accept their decision was based on other motives. You have made it harder for your squad (and unfairly Thornleigh's) having to back up with a catch up game with no spare weekends.

Learn for next time
wrote on 17-Aug-20 11:09

Opposition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not true. The decision to call of the SL games was > made at 7:30am on Saturday. > Too hard for NWSF to find another ground for the > usual time slots Well then if there is any wet weather the night before, close Waterloo as early as possible so that NWSF have more time to relocate like last weekend. Or suck it up and do what Puntey have to do and play on a shit hole like Bremner. They are basically the same ground...

North Epping
wrote on 17-Aug-20 12:07

Surprised only the SL page is blowing up about this. North Epping and Hawks had to be cancelled because of the same issue. No offence to the Nerds but their oval is 5 times worse than Waterloo. Drop a bit of water onto the cricket pitch and it's unplayable. Haven't seen Hawks blowing up about it. Both games should have been called off early and relocated. Not many thinking heads are on these management committee....

No Play
wrote on 17-Aug-20 12:09

North Epping Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Surprised only the SL page is blowing up about > this. North Epping and Hawks had to be cancelled > because of the same issue. > > No offence to the Nerds but their oval is 5 times > worse than Waterloo. Drop a bit of water onto the > cricket pitch and it's unplayable. Haven't seen > Hawks blowing up about it. > Both games should have been called off early and > relocated. Not many thinking heads are on these > management committee.... North Epping was closed for all teams and no games were played at all. How would Hawks feel if they turned up seeing games played before them and being told no game?

Lol
wrote on 17-Aug-20 13:01

Poor form Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No Play Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > North Epping Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Surprised only the SL page is blowing up > about > > > this. North Epping and Hawks had to be > > cancelled > > > because of the same issue. > > > > > > No offence to the Nerds but their oval is 5 > > times > > > worse than Waterloo. Drop a bit of water onto > > the > > > cricket pitch and it's unplayable. Haven't > seen > > > Hawks blowing up about it. > > > Both games should have been called off early > > and > > > relocated. Not many thinking heads are on > these > > > management committee.... > > > > North Epping was closed for all teams and no > games > > were played at all. How would Hawks feel if > they > > turned up seeing games played before them and > > being told no game? > > It's poor form regardless of who made the call and > who had influence of the call. Its seriously not > that hard to use common sense. This might cost > Dragons the chance to make the top 2. Dragons were never going to make the Top 2. They have never looked like in the past and this season was going to be no different either... Soon you will see the stacking happening in the reserve grade...

Poor form
wrote on 17-Aug-20 13:09

No Play Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > North Epping Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Surprised only the SL page is blowing up about > > this. North Epping and Hawks had to be > cancelled > > because of the same issue. > > > > No offence to the Nerds but their oval is 5 > times > > worse than Waterloo. Drop a bit of water onto > the > > cricket pitch and it's unplayable. Haven't seen > > Hawks blowing up about it. > > Both games should have been called off early > and > > relocated. Not many thinking heads are on these > > management committee.... > > North Epping was closed for all teams and no games > were played at all. How would Hawks feel if they > turned up seeing games played before them and > being told no game? It's poor form regardless of who made the call and who had influence of the call. Its seriously not that hard to use common sense. This might cost Dragons the chance to make the top 2.

Youngy
wrote on 17-Aug-20 15:05

Interesting suggestion seeing as they have been travelling beautifully (apart from the Pats game) without stacking their team

Fixtures
wrote on 17-Aug-20 19:08

According to the website, Dragons are playing at 5 and 7pm against Epping and then 1 and 3pm the next day against Thornleigh.

Craziness personified
wrote on 17-Aug-20 21:00

Good to see the Association are looking after player welfare, making Dragons play Thornleigh 16 hours after they finish playing Epping. Idiotic

wrote on 17-Aug-20 21:06

18 hours

Stupid is as what stupid does
wrote on 17-Aug-20 22:01

Craziness personified Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good to see the Association are looking after > player welfare, making Dragons play Thornleigh 16 > hours after they finish playing Epping. Idiotic Dragons have only themselves to blame. Last weekend could have easily been managed better, if MCS management committee used their brains. Unfortunately...

Steamroller
wrote on 18-Aug-20 06:05

North Epping was played in the morning closed in the arvo and opened all day Sunday for the women’s.

Sucked in
wrote on 18-Aug-20 09:03

Stupid is as what stupid does Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Craziness personified Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good to see the Association are looking after > > player welfare, making Dragons play Thornleigh > 16 > > hours after they finish playing Epping. Idiotic > > Dragons have only themselves to blame. Last > weekend could have easily been managed better, if > MCS management committee used their brains. > Unfortunately... So sucked in to the players who had nothing to do with any of this and are now made to play 2 games in less than 24 hours. Good logic....

Put it this way
wrote on 18-Aug-20 10:08

Sucked in Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stupid is as what stupid does Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Craziness personified Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Good to see the Association are looking > after > > > player welfare, making Dragons play > Thornleigh > > 16 > > > hours after they finish playing Epping. > Idiotic > > > > Dragons have only themselves to blame. Last > > weekend could have easily been managed better, > if > > MCS management committee used their brains. > > Unfortunately... > > So sucked in to the players who had nothing to do > with any of this and are now made to play 2 games > in less than 24 hours. > Good logic.... Put it this way mate, this is how they have rescheduled these type of games in the past. Be thankful you have to play Epping instead of Putney/Ravens. You could probably play with 10 men and still comfortably steamroll those farmers...

Ron Afters
wrote on 25-Aug-20 12:05

Being Kunts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Macquarie Dragons refusing to move the game to a > different ground or time this weekend & are trying > to reschedule the game for a double header on the > weekend they play KFC. > > Classic Dragons running scared the little b!thces This aged well

Author:
Subject: