Off Season

Views: 3743 Posts: 36
Impartial
wrote on 22-Oct-19 10:02

I'm missing our magical banter. How's the off-season treating everyone? I'm excited about the 2020 season. Can't wait to do it all over again. Also, welcome Gladesville Ravens :)

Grant
wrote on 23-Oct-19 18:03

BIG changes for a team with red in their strip

Impartial
wrote on 24-Oct-19 08:03

Please elaborate, get us excited Grant!!!!

Impartial
wrote on 24-Oct-19 13:06

Where from?

Bit of red
wrote on 24-Oct-19 13:07

Two names T & C.

Toovey
wrote on 25-Oct-19 10:06

Ah so you got 2 new coaches.

Grant
wrote on 27-Oct-19 08:08

Not Putney

Impartial
wrote on 28-Oct-19 14:08

Why not Putney?

Van
wrote on 15-Nov-19 21:07

Wondering if ravens goint to smash the league or be as average as they were in PL

Tom
wrote on 16-Nov-19 09:01

Won’t make finals

Impartial
wrote on 18-Nov-19 09:09

They'll be lucky to field 2 teams from what I've heard

SL 2020
wrote on 20-Nov-19 10:00

So with Ravens apparently struggling for numbers, last years 9 team comp and at least two other clubs who were so low on numbers each week to fill two teams, will there even be a SL in 2020?

Impartial
wrote on 20-Nov-19 10:03

The top 4 teams this year will demolish the rest of the comp. There is way too much of a gap now. There was 6 teams that were "competitive" last year, but Saints United have gone up, and Ravens won't compete. Top 4 teams will be; 1. Redbacks 2. St Patricks 3. Thornleigh 4. Mac Dragons

TG
wrote on 20-Nov-19 11:08

Word over this way is that EEW is going to field a team in SL and Prems.

Ted
wrote on 20-Nov-19 15:02

Impartial Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The top 4 teams this year will demolish the rest > of the comp. There is way too much of a gap now. > > There was 6 teams that were "competitive" last > year, but Saints United have gone up, and Ravens > won't compete. > > Top 4 teams will be; > > 1. Redbacks > 2. St Patricks > 3. Thornleigh > 4. Mac Dragons Replace Thornleigh with Putney and you may be on the money. Going on last season Saints are gone. Redbacks and Pats standouts. Mac Dragons will be there. Thornleigh and Putney fighting for 4th. Epping FC, Mac Uni, Ravens, HFC all will mot be playing finals

Ted
wrote on 20-Nov-19 15:08

Arent EEW a shrinking club?
Anyway well seeaa

Harvey
wrote on 23-Nov-19 14:03

Sorry to say those top 4 teams you guys mentioned wouldn’t make the grade in prems. Redbacks would finish last just like saints will in 2020.

Boomer 1
wrote on 23-Nov-19 18:05

No one gives a shit what you think you noob

Impartial
wrote on 25-Nov-19 08:08

PL quality is getting worse and worse, look at the bottom 4 teams from last season. I think there is easily about 5 teams that could be relegated next season. The times of whoever goes up, comes down, is no longer

Harvey
wrote on 25-Nov-19 13:04

Give us your pick on who’s going to be relegated.

Impartial
wrote on 25-Nov-19 14:02

My pick personally is North Epping. But the 5 teams I can see that could get relegated based on last years exploits and from what I know regarding player movements are; Saints United West Ryde Rovers North Epping Epping Epping Eastwood (Unlikely)

Harvey
wrote on 25-Nov-19 14:05

Interesting.two of the Epping teams have new coaches for next year and I think one of them will finish higher up the ladder in 2020.

MR
wrote on 25-Nov-19 14:06

Super League manager here. Im very confident that the WRR team which blitzed SL 2 seasons ago was much better than this seasons Saints United. I think Saints are going back down

Harvey
wrote on 25-Nov-19 15:03

That’s true but experience coaches do make a difference.

Impartial
wrote on 25-Nov-19 15:05

New coaches don't mean success. Looking at the ladder for the previous 2 seasons, Saints united actually finished with more points and wins than WRR from 2018, but I guess anything can happen, they might not be physically up to it

Impartial
wrote on 25-Nov-19 16:00

Let's hope that's what they've found then! Does anyone know of any big changes for SL teams? How's everyone tracking?

Trev
wrote on 25-Nov-19 16:06

Big movements at both macquarie clubs. One on field , one off-field

the northern kfc colonel
wrote on 26-Nov-19 10:00

Northern KFC are going to put a serious dent in the 2020 SL. You heard it here first. #bowdowntothecolonel #wearekfc #wearegoingtopl

Y Knot
wrote on 26-Nov-19 15:03

Will any of the all conquering Epping FC reserve grade squad be stepping up to the clubs premier league side, or will they continue to hide in super league lower grades?

Y ME
wrote on 28-Nov-19 14:06

Prems reserves apparently.

ravens
wrote on 02-Dec-19 12:06

ravens are losing over half the squad that got them relegated which could be good or bad i think it will be bad as most of the players they are losing were their better players that got effed around by the in fighting that went on last year for those of you that dont know ravens were doing ok, werent going to win the comp but were looking like they were going to stay up. a core group of players decided to have a mutiny and kick the coach out and only play the people they liked in first grade. they then became the worst team in the comp and got relegated. they are keeping the player coach that took over so its hard to see that team doing anything good this year in super league

Harry
wrote on 02-Dec-19 13:02

I hope they keep the manager bit of a nob but a nice bloke.

pretty easy
wrote on 10-Dec-19 11:03

pretty easy to see how the downfall of the ravens happened when they have toxic players constantly posting shit like on the forum like the post above. it would be very hard to be a coach there

Nuts and bolts
wrote on 16-Dec-19 18:09

pretty easy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pretty easy to see how the downfall of the ravens > happened when they have toxic players constantly > posting shit like on the forum like the post > above. > > it would be very hard to be a coach there It would also be hard to coach their keeper Csnt stand the bloke

City Rail
wrote on 23-Dec-19 15:04

Redbacks will be strong this season. Rumour has it, some big names coming back after a lay off

Cool
wrote on 29-Dec-19 16:06

No one cares

Author:
Subject: