Unlucky Macquarie Dragons!

Views: 1296 Posts: 23
The Last Dragon
wrote on 31-Aug-19 13:05

Unlucky Macquarie Dragons! You played your hearts out all season. It must really hurt to go out in straight sets, I'm sure they're absolutely burning :) Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of blokes! Enjoy the off season fellas.

Results?
wrote on 31-Aug-19 16:02

So it appears that Dragons lost to St Pats from Reserves. Any word from the result of the First Grade game?

Firsts
wrote on 31-Aug-19 16:04

Who won firsts?

Result
wrote on 31-Aug-19 16:08

2-2, saints won 3-2 extra time

Yellow fever
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:00

Thrillin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Old mate Impartial would have been in a melt down > if he were to watch that game today... > Saints and Pats going into his challenge hard with > studs. Probably would have fainted after the first > yellow hahaha > What a game and credit to both teams for a > spectacle of a game Lots of yellows were there any send offs?

Good joke buddy
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:02

Saints Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Saints won 3-2 in extra-time. > > Great game. Pats late challenge tactics failed. Hahaha thats coming from your lot. Your left back should have been sent off within the first 10 minutes of the game. What a disgraceful two foot lunge in the air, trying to break our player's legs because he was being dominated by him... Absolute tool.

Thrillin
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:03

Old mate Impartial would have been in a melt down if he were to watch that game today... Saints and Pats going into his challenge hard with studs. Probably would have fainted after the first yellow hahaha What a game and credit to both teams for a spectacle of a game

Saints
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:03

Saints won 3-2 in extra-time. Great game. Pats late challenge tactics failed.

Idiot
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:06

He got a yellow for the challenge- should have been red. Reds will tear up down that side with him sliding in at every attempt.

the northern kfc colonel
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:06

Pats are an absolute rubbish club. The twats should just go back to the church league along with their bonds shirts that shrunk in the wash. The colonel has spoken #bowdowntothecolonel #wearekfc #kfc2020

WPH
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:08

Watching pats vs saints before our match. No idea how saints won- backs will tally them next week. Can’t wait for easy points next year.

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 31-Aug-19 17:08

Good joke buddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Saints Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Saints won 3-2 in extra-time. > > > > Great game. Pats late challenge tactics failed. > > > Hahaha thats coming from your lot. Your left back > should have been sent off within the first 10 > minutes of the game. What a disgraceful two foot > lunge in the air, trying to break our player's > legs because he was being dominated by him... > Absolute tool. The player won the ball and didn't make any contact with the players legs. If he got any part of his leg, with the speed he came in with and the fact he lunged in the air, he would have been sent off. Simple as that.

WPH??
wrote on 31-Aug-19 18:08

I mean wph are in both finals already and didnt have a game today but yeah im sure you decided to come down to the super league forum to say that.. bait?

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 31-Aug-19 20:03

Yellow fever Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thrillin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Old mate Impartial would have been in a melt > down > > if he were to watch that game today... > > Saints and Pats going into his challenge hard > with > > studs. Probably would have fainted after the > first > > yellow hahaha > > What a game and credit to both teams for a > > spectacle of a game > > Lots of yellows were there any send offs? From what I counted... 4 yellows in Firsts 10 yellows in Reserves with a send off (2 yellows)

Impartial 2.0
wrote on 31-Aug-19 23:03

Thought the best team won for both games. Didn't feel like the referee's dominated too much of the spotlight, everyone played great aggressive football. Dragons will feel a tad down given their two goals were down to goalkeeping errors however he did save them the game last week against Epping. They can't have great games all the time, just wishing that today was another great one! Pats and Saints was an even game. If that was a regular game, both teams would be satisfied with a draw. Pats were run down in extra time. Even before extra time, a lot of fouls against them simply because they were tired and their structure broke and gaps were appearing fast.

Impartial 2.0
wrote on 31-Aug-19 23:03

Thought the best team won for both games. Didn't feel like the referee's dominated too much of the spotlight, everyone played great aggressive football. Dragons will feel a tad down given their two goals were down to goalkeeping errors however he did save them the game last week against Epping. They can't have great games all the time, just wishing that today was another great one! Pats and Saints was an even game. If that was a regular game, both teams would be satisfied with a draw. Pats were run down in extra time. Even before extra time, a lot of fouls against them simply because they were tired and their structure broke and gaps were appearing fast.

Fans
wrote on 01-Sep-19 08:01

Give the fans and everyone else what they want to see. Ryde to represent all SL clubs and destroy Redbacks

Dumbo
wrote on 01-Sep-19 10:09

Hahahaha keep up the good chat champ, come down to support him in the grand final next week, we’ll save you a spot in the stands to watch

George Best
wrote on 01-Sep-19 14:06

I'm expecting Saints to lose against Redbacks based on previous fixtures... That midfield got torn apart in the last 20 before FT like the previous week. If Redbacks play to the sa. E strategy as the week before, game over. On another note, can someone please explain to me the handball rule? I swear the inconsistencies with refs regarding this is so bad...

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 01-Sep-19 16:03

3 major considerations that referee's have to think of when it comes to handball: 1. Has the ball hit the hand or has the hand moved towards the ball when its kicked? 2. Was the players hands/arms in a Natural Position or an Unnatural Position? (By his side or out in the open...) 3. Does the ball strike the hand from a short or long distance (Short distance is considered 9.15 metres or less with the ball hit with decent pace). There's nothing in the Laws about whether accidentally handling of the ball leads to an advantage or not YET (this will change with the new updates in the Laws which we will explain to youse before the start of next season). Again like mentioned in a previous thread, handball is very subjective and there will always be inconsistencies with every decision given around this law.

Ken
wrote on 01-Sep-19 21:09

George Best Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I'm expecting Saints to lose against Redbacks > based on previous fixtures... That midfield got > torn apart in the last 20 before FT like the > previous week. If Redbacks play to the sa. E > strategy as the week before, game over. > > On another note, can someone please explain to me > the handball rule? I swear the inconsistencies > with refs regarding this is so bad... Torn apart in the last 20 yes, but the other 70 minutes was dominated by saints united, if they take their chances early in the game this time, the last 20 will be a lot more than a 1 goal catch up for Redbacks.

Potentially
wrote on 01-Sep-19 22:03

Ken Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > George Best Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I'm expecting Saints to lose against Redbacks > > based on previous fixtures... That midfield got > > torn apart in the last 20 before FT like the > > previous week. If Redbacks play to the sa. E > > strategy as the week before, game over. > > > > On another note, can someone please explain to > me > > the handball rule? I swear the inconsistencies > > with refs regarding this is so bad... > > > Torn apart in the last 20 yes, but the other 70 > minutes was dominated by saints united, if they > take their chances early in the game this time, > the last 20 will be a lot more than a 1 goal catch > up for Redbacks. The Saints midfield dominates for sure. Theres no more than 20 metres that separates the three of them as well as within the rest of the structure. Redbacks in the second half deployed a great double anchor within the midfield and narrowed the defence which took out their major threat up top. He was beyond quite and Saints were in general (apart from a goal line clearance off the line). If the game is equal heading into the last 20 and Redbacks play their two quick attackers and stretch that defence and a tiring midfield (as well as D.Laguazza who will no doubt get a yellow early in the game for some stupid tackle that he makes constantly in games), the game will go behind Saints for sure. You would be dumb not to run at Lasagne down that left hand flank. Stir him up like Pats did, draw the yellow out, then run at him knowing that he brings you down, he will most likely get a yellow for it within some point of the game.

Impartial
wrote on 02-Sep-19 09:07

Thrillin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Old mate Impartial would have been in a melt down > if he were to watch that game today... > Saints and Pats going into his challenge hard with > studs. Probably would have fainted after the first > yellow hahaha > What a game and credit to both teams for a > spectacle of a game Impartial here, and I did actually see the game. It was a very entertaining game to watch, both teams hitting the woodwork multiple times and both with some great scrambles in the box. Good hard football from both teams! I won't lie, my eyes lit up when the left-back left the floor and went in for that tackle, but from where I was he got the ball and nothing else. The ref could have interpreted it either way though, I think the right decision was made. I think Pats had a better game plan and stuck to it with their long balls. Saints are more of an in the moment team and hope that players come up with moments of brilliance to get them though, it seems to have worked though! Pats should have won in my opinion, but they just couldn't keep the lead! A missed penalty didn't help Pats either...

Author:
Subject: