Gf Playoff Predictions

Views: 2892 Posts: 50
Saint that good
wrote on 28-Aug-19 10:01

Predictions for games this weekend?

Glen Munsie
wrote on 28-Aug-19 10:07

Pats absolute certainties to beat Saints. Then Redbacks in a tight one in the GF

Tight
wrote on 28-Aug-19 10:09

Doubt Saints will lose, they played very well on the weekend. I think Saints will cruise to victory and set up a cracking final with Redbacks

Impartial
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:02

Previous fixtures were 2-1 and 4-0 to Saints, but anything can happen in finals. I think Saints will win 3-1

Impartial
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:06

Agreed, 2 of saints attackers seemed to come off injured after about 60 minutes, they didn't offer much after that. Looks like their game plan went out the window after that, they couldn't keep the ball in Redbacks half. Saints definitely controlled the game for the most part and had plenty of chances.

Off Day
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:07

We just had an off day in front of goals, we scored 51 goals throughout the regular season, so we've been doing something right hahaah

THE ROCK
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:09

It didn't look that tight from the sideline, redbacks had a goal disallowed and scored 2 in the last 10, but from what i saw Saints didnt offer much up front.

Happy to stand corrected as it was the first game I saw this year.

True
wrote on 28-Aug-19 15:00

Ryde were probably better side in first half without really creating clear cut chances. Redbacks better team second half, disallowed goal, good chances missed and created much more. Fair result but entertaining game. Different ballgame when you play on good pitch and it’s finals. Would expect Ryde to bounce back and setup another clash with Redbacks.

Interesting
wrote on 29-Aug-19 14:08

Haven’t Ryde lost 3 out of their last 5? They seem awfully confident for a team on a downward spiral.

Les
wrote on 29-Aug-19 15:02

Last won a game on July 20. That will be 6 weeks come this weekend. Then they will lose to Pats and be out in straight sets. Embarrassing

Impartial
wrote on 29-Aug-19 15:04

GHFA hasn't been very consistent at all with their suspensions for coaches and players this year. It would be very frustrating for some teams. Saints are in a bad spot but remember they've lost to the redbacks twice and the other loss coming in the last game of the year (Which redbacks also lost). There was a week off somewhere in there as well. Not as bad as people make it out to be. Doubt they'll lose to pats if they play as they did against redbacks, although pats have confidence and players back, so it may be an interesting game! Let's hope it's not pouring with rain so some of us actually get to watch all the games this weekend.

The facts
wrote on 29-Aug-19 15:05

Pats Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hearing rumours that the Macquarie Dragons coach > ain't getting time off the line after his assault > on the Epping player. > So hypocritical. We have our coach suspended > because some referee had his feelings hurt but old > mate can go punching players with no consequences Hahaha you should be a comedian. Coach and assistant got sent off without laying a hand on anyone!

Pats
wrote on 29-Aug-19 15:09

hearing rumours that the Macquarie Dragons coach ain't getting time off the line after his assault on the Epping player. So hypocritical. We have our coach suspended because some referee had his feelings hurt but old mate can go punching players with no consequences

Facts 2.0
wrote on 29-Aug-19 15:09

A punch was thrown by a person from the MCS bench. The fact you deny that shows your bias... Ref may have got it wrong but a punch was thrown.

The facts
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:02

So a punch was thrown but nothing in refs report and no suspension. What actually happened is there was no punch and the inept ref and his hopeless mate guessed what happened and guessed who did the nothing. Farcical officiating

Facts 2.0
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:02

there's gotta be an investigation into this

Facts 2.0
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:04

Oiiii nothing in the refs report eh? What did you read it chief or did ya force him not to? What an absolute wanker. wouldn't surprise me one bit if he didn't but. he was that useless

Geoff
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:04

Settle down Toovs

The facts
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:05

I actually have read it you clueless flog

Toovs
wrote on 29-Aug-19 16:09

Someone's gonna have to be accountable for this and they have to be accountable for the penalty take as well

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 29-Aug-19 17:04

Too many pelicans on this forum haha Can't take anyone seriously nowadays.

Juice
wrote on 29-Aug-19 18:00

The facts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So a punch was thrown but nothing in refs report > and no suspension. What actually happened is there > was no punch and the inept ref and his hopeless > mate guessed what happened and guessed who did the > nothing. Farcical officiating I was on the other pitch so won’t comment about the incident. But I will say this. As a player I often wondered how the refs sometimes missed things like this when a melee flared up. But having had two similar incidences happen in my time as a ref in AA games, it’s actually quite a challenge. The reason why is that as the centre, you’re also doing your best to stop or intervene as best you can. Ok that effectively is blowing the pith out of your whistle or even standing in between players (which I don’t recommend - I’m just lucky I have a bit of girth that helps) but the point is, you’re in the thick of it and it is hard to see everything. Scuffles involve multiple players in close proximity and with the speed of escalation, it is hard to see player numbers and even identify physically a player. If it occurs on the sideline the AR is not on, it’s even harder for them to see. Of course the alternative is for the ref just to simply sit back, whip out their notebook and start recording for the pure purpose of disciplinary action and just let the players etc self regulate - a very risky proposition - would you prefer that instead? I can tell you I know I would struggle to not take whatever action I safely could to deescalate or minimise danger to players etc. When you pick up a whistle and are faced with grown men carrying on lack brats in such a situation, let me know how you go. Would you intervene as best you could as a duty of care, or would you sit back with your notepad and enjoy the kids handbags at 10 paces melee? ;)

Nothing
wrote on 29-Aug-19 19:03

Juice do you think you are the best reff in the comp now? Would have liked to see you do the other game instead... For the record, it was only a push and the coach getting sent off from the bench for the remainder of the match was sufficient... Some of you pelicans are just too much for park football and no wonder referees quit!

Geez
wrote on 29-Aug-19 20:02

We are seriously still not talking about the refs. Move on kids!

Juice
wrote on 29-Aug-19 20:04

Nothing Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice do you think you are the best reff in the > comp now? Would have liked to see you do the other > game instead... For the record, it was only a push > and the coach getting sent off from the bench for > the remainder of the match was sufficient... Some > of you pelicans are just too much for park > football and no wonder referees quit! Oh lord no! Every game I have I pick apart afterwards. I come up with at least 1/2 dozen cock ups or not in the right position. I had a dodgy ankle for most of the season which hindered my mobility hence Mark’s observation of wanting to see me run a bit more lol. There are many quality refs in the SL/PL pool with way more experience. I will say though, having played in this comp for so long, it has helped my awareness of play and predictability to be in the right place, which is why I strongly encourage any SL or PL player finishing up, to think about giving back to the sport and taking up refereeing.

Take the juice pill
wrote on 30-Aug-19 15:06

Man... is there a more based ref than Juice? Best ref in the league and best attitude. Used to watch Juice in goals at the turn of the century. Was a wee lad then. He was a great character and quality keeper. Turns out, he still is. Take the Juice pill. And good luck to the donkeys playing tomorrow. Definitely the two best teams in the comp.

Saint
wrote on 31-Aug-19 21:07

Saints

Neutral
wrote on 31-Aug-19 23:00

Redbacks by plenty

THE ROCK
wrote on 03-Sep-19 02:09

How about the fire between the 2 benches on sat. Walked into the st pats v rsu bench going off at each other Not that I can typically talk haha

Thoughts
wrote on 03-Sep-19 07:00

What were your thoughts of the on field action Rock?

Impartial
wrote on 03-Sep-19 09:07

2 teams fighting on and off the field for that final spot! That's what I like to see

THE ROCK
wrote on 03-Sep-19 14:07

I think the white ghost for Ryde saints looked very dangerous, along with the midfielder that they seem to always play through. ST Pats were a good outfit, ex STA striker up top who was dangerous(not sure why he was replaced), but Timmy #6 in the middle looked solid. Both defences had holes in them in my view, but it might have been the pressure of the finals. Having said that, i can't see either of them beating the garden gnomes of the redbacks. Those boys are just quality!

RYDER
wrote on 04-Sep-19 15:09

The saints will come back marching one by one ha rar ha rar, the saints will come marching one by one ha rar ha rar Redbacks, you got lucky, we are coming for you.

Impartial
wrote on 04-Sep-19 16:03

I love it when people try to make other people/clubs look stupid

Hey there
wrote on 04-Sep-19 17:01

You are a muppet impartial. Sat afternoon you will find out.

Impartial
wrote on 05-Sep-19 08:08

You'll have to let me know the result

Saints
wrote on 05-Sep-19 19:05

We will turn up on Saturday and take the double. Redbacks are solid and the toughest we’ve played but we are meant for the big occasions.

Redback
wrote on 06-Sep-19 09:03

Respect. Look forward to the game brother.

At It Again
wrote on 06-Sep-19 18:03

Pats Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hearing rumours that the Macquarie Dragons coach > ain't getting time off the line after his assault > on the Epping player. > So hypocritical. We have our coach suspended > because some referee had his feelings hurt but old > mate can go punching players with no consequences Bit late to the party here but... Is this the same guy from MCS who had a punch up on the benches last year and got stuff all for it?? Guess family ties help out again...

Neutral
wrote on 06-Sep-19 21:02

Couldn’t ask for a better GF. These 2 teams hate each other. Ryde by 2.

No hate
wrote on 07-Sep-19 09:01

We dont hate each other, we had 1 game that got slightly out of hand but thats it, we left it on the field that day. Redbacks are actually a good bunch of blokes and deserve to be in the final as much as we do

Whacking Day
wrote on 07-Sep-19 09:07

Hoping Pats put in a better performance today than last years GF.

George
wrote on 07-Sep-19 11:02

Can confirm that is similar to the time I banged in goals for fun against you thunder pretenders down at pidding last year in a 4-0 demolition

Boland
wrote on 07-Sep-19 11:04

Red backs are a bunch of jokers
When I was running around for the thunder I banged heaps of goals in against those muppets
Their midget captain always goes missing in the bigger games
Cat facts can confirm

Yep
wrote on 09-Sep-19 07:05

The Rock, do you know something we don’t know. You were right. Redbacks too strong and watching the game, clearly the better team.

Heard
wrote on 09-Sep-19 17:07

Heard Redbacks had 3 starters out too. Can anyone confirm

Impartial
wrote on 10-Sep-19 08:08

Can confirm that they did! Although the replacements played better than the 3 starters had all year

Bugger
wrote on 11-Sep-19 17:04

Impartial Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can confirm that they did! Although the > replacements played better than the 3 starters had > all year Reds probably had another 3 or 4 that could have started that were better players, too many favorites, just have to turn up and are selected in 1st doesn't matter how bad they play heard ressies played a trial in the lead up, banged in 6 goals against the GF starting 11

Impatient
wrote on 12-Sep-19 20:06

Do you have a life mr Impartial? It seems you watch a lot of games/ clubs?

Impartial
wrote on 13-Sep-19 09:07

I have a very happy life champ, thanks for asking! I also see a lot of things and know a lot of people, let's just call it a hobby

Author:
Subject: