Mr Impartial's Round 18 Preview

Views: 973 Posts: 24
Mr Impartial
wrote on 02-Aug-19 14:09

First Grade
Macquarie Dragons FC (5) vs. Ryde Saints United FC (1)
Saints could be accused of having a premiership hang over last weekend, but they should bounce back this week against Dragons. There is no love lost between these two as they both love a bit of sideline banter. For Dragons, a win could move them back into the top four and with the bye coming next week they should fancy their chances of playing post season football.
Prediction: 1-1

Macquarie Uni SC (9) vs. Northern HFC (8)
An intriguing game scheduled for Saturday with the battle of the cellar dwellers. Uni have the home ground advantage but anything less than a victory will see them condemned to back-to-back wooden spoons in 2 different divisions which is quite an achievement. HFC will no doubt still be harbouring ambitions for a top 4 finish, but will need the 3 points on Saturday plus at least 4 clubs to be kicked out of the comp to realise that dream. Im not overly confident of either happening.
Prediction 1-1

Putney Rangers FC (6) vs. St Patricks FC (3)
Rangers are still an outside chance of finals football for the first time in god knows how long but I feel Pats will be too classy for the home side. Last years Champions will be looking to kick start their tilt at consecutive Grand Finals wins with victory on Saturday and despite Putney having a massive home ground advantage with the crappy Bremner pitch, I cant see anything but a comfortable win for the visitors.
Prediction: 1-4

Redbacks FC (2) vs. Thornleigh SC (4)
A tough one to tip, with Redbacks inflicting Saints first loss of the season last year but they will be missing plenty on Saturday due to suspension. Thunder find themselves just inside the top 4 but they are by no means comfortable. A draw might seem the safe bet but I have a sneaky feeling will edge this one in a high scoring affair with some late drama thrown in.
Prediction: 3-2

Epping FC (7) vs. Bye
Epping are guaranteed of not finishing with the spoon with the points from the bye, looking forward to them stacking their reserve grade side as they look to do the double in that grade.

Reserve Grade
Macquarie Dragons FC (3) vs. Ryde Saints United FC (6)
Dragons have locked up a spot in the finals but even a win against Saints they will be hard pressed to finish anywhere but their current position of 3rd. Saints are an outside chance of finals, but they have left their run a bit too late for me and will miss out this year on post season football.
Prediction: 3-1

Macquarie Uni SC (5) vs. Northern HFC (9)
Uni needs a massive win to boost their goal difference which could be vital by 3pm next Saturday. Currently level on points with Thornleigh, they are 20 goals behind which could be their undoing. HFC have nothing but pride to play for, its hard to see anything but a comfortable win for Uni.
Prediction: 5-0

Putney Rangers FC (8) vs. St Patricks FC (2)
Rangers season is all but over as they will be playing for nothing but pride in the final fortnight, Pats should lock the double chance with a win on Saturday, with a last day fixture against HFC sure to bring 3 points. Putney should give a good account of themselves for the first half but I expect Pats to run away with the win in the second stanza.
Prediction: 1-4

Redbacks FC (7) vs. Thornleigh SC (4)
Redbacks loss to Saints last week effectively put the final nail in their coffin for 2019, whilst Thunder were rampant against Uni with a 5-0 shellacking. Thornleigh have a solid defence with the second best record in the league and Im not sure if Redbacks will have the firepower to unlock it. Thunder to pick up the points in a close game
Prediction: 0-1

Epping FC (1) vs. Bye
Epping to spend the weekend fine tuning their Fortnite & vaping skills ahead of the finals campaign.

Next Week
Epping FC vs. Macquarie Uni SC
Northern HFC vs. St Patricks FC
Redbacks FC vs. Putney Rangers FC
Thornleigh SC vs. Ryde Saints United FC
Macquarie Dragons FC vs. Bye

Good luck to everyone, may the best teams win on Saturday.
Mr. I.

Maths
wrote on 02-Aug-19 14:09

Putney cannot make finals in FG. Mathematically impossible

Fred
wrote on 02-Aug-19 15:01

Epping stacking their Reserve Grade side? You have no idea mate. Their Ressies would smash their Firsts x

Mr Impartial
wrote on 02-Aug-19 16:05

Maths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Putney cannot make finals in FG. Mathematically > impossible Fair point, I forgot about Dragons Bye next week.

Impartials Brother
wrote on 02-Aug-19 22:07

And yes, my brother is from St. Pats!

Rangee
wrote on 03-Aug-19 18:09

So impartial how did your predictions go? ????????????

Freeman
wrote on 04-Aug-19 19:06

Impartials Brother Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And yes, my brother is from St. Pats! Unlucky uce

Fred the 3rd
wrote on 08-Aug-19 23:08

Freddy - you claim the epping reserve grade would win against the epping first grade. How do you figure? Is it because they won reserve grade? You do realise the gap between the reserve grade comp and the 1st grade comp Is quite large. Don’t you agree?

Fred
wrote on 09-Aug-19 06:03

Fred the 3rd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Freddy - you claim the epping reserve grade would > win against the epping first grade. How do you > figure? Is it because they won reserve grade? You > do realise the gap between the reserve grade comp > and the 1st grade comp > Is quite large. Don’t you agree? Yes it is large. We have played them twice and i have no doubt at all their Ressies would beat their Firsts

Commoner
wrote on 09-Aug-19 09:00

Dear Fred, You come on here bragging about how good your reserve grade is. The truth of the matter is simple, you would be playing first grade if you were up to that level. It’s funny, no other club in premier league or super league rave on about their reserve grade except for epping Fc ( who almost got relegated) I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reserve grade pump their own tires this way, period! Good luck to your club, relegation battle in both prems and supers and all you can talk about is how good the super league reserves are... Get a grip

Impartial
wrote on 09-Aug-19 09:01

Epping reserve grade would beat the bottom 4 teams in Super league in my opinion. They're a young fast team and would do well

Leave fred alone
wrote on 09-Aug-19 12:05

If you read freds message its pretty clear he doesn't play for Epping Fc ressies and all he said was that the ressies team would beat the first grade team.

Fred Flinstone
wrote on 09-Aug-19 12:08

Fred, Just because you won the under 21's, and now Super League Reserve grade, do you think you can mix it with the big boys? I will put money on it, that you can't beat any of the top 8 SL first grade teams and ANY PL Reserve grade teams. So settle down champ, or go back to All Age where you can beat all the has beens. Mr Flinstone

Fred
wrote on 09-Aug-19 13:05

Absolutely hilarious. I don’t play for Epping FC

Mr Flinstone
wrote on 09-Aug-19 13:07

Fred, Of course you would say that. I didn't do it, it was him. Typical 21 year old - no accountability Back in the olden days, we used to stand up for our comments. Young kids these days. Mr Flinstone

Mr Flinstone
wrote on 09-Aug-19 13:07

Fred, Of course you would say that. I didn't do it, it was him. Typical 21 year old - no accountability Back in the olden days, we used to stand up for our comments. Young kids these days. Mr Flinstone

Fred the 3rd
wrote on 09-Aug-19 14:07

So they won 21s and reserve grade. I don’t get it? They are a good team yes, but where did all the hype come from?

Jim
wrote on 09-Aug-19 14:08

Lol Even if they are a good team, they will never be able to prove how goof they are, unless they can all make first grade and play a season there’s no way to tell. Season ends tomorrow Which will end the reserve grade conversation. I can’t believe all of you have invested energy in to speaking about reserve grade. What a waste of time

Not some old bloke
wrote on 09-Aug-19 16:00

Stick to plucking out grey hairs old timer, its not the olden days anymore lol (laugh out loud)

Fred
wrote on 09-Aug-19 16:00

Mr Impartial Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maths Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Putney cannot make finals in FG. Mathematically > > impossible > > Fair point, I forgot about Dragons Bye next week. Any preview for this week? I look forward to them

Epping are Dirty Grubs
wrote on 09-Aug-19 19:02

Epping are a bunch of up-em-self pricks who talk so much crap, its not funny. If they think they are so good, should be playing firsts, not being pussies and cowardly pulling out. They obviously dont want to play against the big boys because we'd all flatten them to the ground. Hope they lose badly in both semi-final matches. Hope the foul mouth midget centre back gets his legs chopped off. That will teach em a lesson.

Are you there?
wrote on 23-Aug-19 15:09

Waiting for Mr. Impartial

Mr Impartial
wrote on 23-Aug-19 18:05

Sorry loyal followers, I haven’t had the chance to draft a preview for tomorrow that would do justice to the big games to be played. I will be at the games tomorrow so hopefully previews for next week and the grand final. Best of luck to all teams, may the better teams prevail.

Mr no one gives a f***
wrote on 23-Aug-19 19:07

No one cares..

Author:
Subject: