Referees

Views: 1624 Posts: 28
Anonymous
wrote on 19-May-19 17:07

Just wandering if anyone else feels as if the refereeing has been disgusting throughout this season? Feel like our team has been hard done by every game.
Ridiculous calls and unwarranted cards??

Roundup
wrote on 19-May-19 22:08

Stop being a grub then

OPSM
wrote on 22-May-19 15:04

Yes agree, some of the calls this year are very confusing and are tending to ruin the game. we all play in this district as its a clean district. but with some of the calls by referees it really infuriates players

the northern kfc colonel
wrote on 22-May-19 16:05

we'd be top of the league if it weren't for some questionable calls

THE ROCK
wrote on 25-May-19 08:03

To be honest, and i haven't been in Super League for a few years now, but the standard of referring in GHFA is far superior than any other district. Of course you get a few shockers every now and then as an official, but it's like comparing it to a striker missing a goal - shit happens. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the standard week in week out compared to Granville and some other districts. At the end of the day, your getting 3 officials each week for Res/Firsts, so i would take that as a win. And you should find that over the course of a season the calls will even themselves out.

Disagree rock
wrote on 25-May-19 18:09

I disagree with this. The refereeing has gotten worse yet it is much easier to be suspended. There are some good ones but they are few and far between. A striker missing goals goes to training once or twice a week to improve there performance - how many refs are doing this? So that is a pretty average comparison. There are refs that cannot manage the game and want to be centre stage and can be quite antagonistic.... I respectfully think you are making excuses for refs that probably should be in all age 12.

Mike Dean
wrote on 26-May-19 00:06

>> but the standard of referring in GHFA is far superior than any other district. I bet Kur-ringai district would beat GHFRA

Tinfoil cowgirl hats for ur mum
wrote on 26-May-19 01:01

Anonymous Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just wandering if anyone else feels as if the > refereeing has been disgusting throughout this > season? Feel like our team has been hard done by > every game. > Ridiculous calls and unwarranted cards?? For every time a team has been 'hard done' by a ref, wouldnt that mean there is therefore a team who isnt? And is not 'disadvantaged' let alone complaining?

trippin
wrote on 26-May-19 09:00

Some of them are on massive power trips, and are accusing players of things that they havent done eg. Diving or time wasting. And when you concede a foul some ask what its for they respond "dont get smart" or "do you want a card for arguing back". Its like, mate, can u just tell me what it was. Was it an offside or what? Why are they being pricks rather than answering a simple question. You cant even talk to some of these guys, its like theyre Gods who are above us.

Specsavers
wrote on 26-May-19 16:06

No team is hard done by every game or have more decisions that "go against them" more than any other team. Usually a view of someone who always looks for an excuse why they lose other than their team was beaten by a better side on the day or just took their chances. You should become an NRL coach. There are some refs that will explain a decision if asked...nicely but if you ask "What was that for" with an aggressive tone what do you expect? Can't have multiple players start questioning all calls. In our league, most games are not physical, clean games with not many fouls and not many contentious calls so think everyone should just enjoy their football.

Mike Dean
wrote on 26-May-19 22:01

trippin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some of them are on massive power trips, and are > accusing players of things that they havent done > eg. Diving or time wasting. And when you concede a > foul some ask what its for they respond "dont get > smart" or "do you want a card for arguing back". > Its like, mate, can u just tell me what it was. > Was it an offside or what? Why are they being > pricks rather than answering a simple question. > You cant even talk to some of these guys, its like > theyre Gods who are above us. because of a rush of blood..they made a call. A call which they later cannot justify

Mike Dean
wrote on 26-May-19 22:09

Look at this - Dutch Prof league .. look at where the ref -right in the box. No district ref would be dumb enough to be there not matter how piss poor we are. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvxBK2n6cyM

Wrong
wrote on 27-May-19 12:09

Have played in the KDSA equivalents of superleague/premierleague and you were lucky to get 3 officials most week. Usually a Ref and a kid to do the lines with someone from each team doing the other line

tinfoil hats
wrote on 27-May-19 23:03

Mike Dean Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > trippin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Some of them are on massive power trips, and > are > > accusing players of things that they havent > done > > eg. Diving or time wasting. And when you concede > a > > foul some ask what its for they respond "dont > get > > smart" or "do you want a card for arguing > back". > > Its like, mate, can u just tell me what it was. > > Was it an offside or what? Why are they being > > pricks rather than answering a simple question. > > You cant even talk to some of these guys, its > like > > theyre Gods who are above us. > > > because of a rush of blood..they made a call. A > call which they later cannot justify Sounds like youve been hurt

Aaron
wrote on 18-Jun-19 12:03

You guys must be Redbacks and Putney players because all you guys do is whinge about the referees and hence why you have the most cards against in Super League. These teams act as if theres a massive conspiracy that the referees are against you. Play to the whistle, respect the referee and you might get some respect from them as well as us lot playing you lot. Play hard but play fair.

Aaron Demi
wrote on 19-Jun-19 12:07

I heard that Redbacks had a bloke suspended for 9 games for going on a swearing tyrant at the referee. I mean if you think you can swear and charge at a referee and not receive consequences then you must be deluded...

Aaron Demi
wrote on 19-Jun-19 12:09

You blokes must have Redbacks, Epping or Putney players cause all you blokes do is whinge to the referee all the time. Every game, you think the referees are against you and there's a conspiracy or something. Play to the whistle and respect the referee and maybe just maybe referees may respect you lot.

GOT
wrote on 20-Jun-19 07:06

Mac Dragons have no issues with the refs, don't be dirty and you won't get penalised. simple!

Super League Observer
wrote on 20-Jun-19 09:02

Saints United are the dirtiest team in the competition by a country mile.

THE ROCK
wrote on 20-Jun-19 12:05

I don't fully agree with you GOT. Just because you get yellows, doesn't mean your dirty. If your not getting penalised, your not pushing the limit of the game.

The Man
wrote on 20-Jun-19 13:05

I disagree with that tenfold, St Pats and Mac Dragons were much dirtier than Saints United

Silence
wrote on 20-Jun-19 15:07

WRR Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Not dirty just SHITTTT.

Pretty funny throwing shade at Saints when your bunch of flogs will be in SL next season and they will be in PL

WRR
wrote on 20-Jun-19 15:08

Not dirty just SHITTTT.

WRR
wrote on 20-Jun-19 17:06

Your kidding yourself if you think saints are coming to prems. That shithole pidding park doesn’t rate for prem use.

WRRats
wrote on 20-Jun-19 20:08

Lol WRR - you will drop straight back down and join the rest of us. Worst team to get promoted. Ever.

WRR
wrote on 21-Jun-19 10:09

Won’t happen anytime soon we play the best style football out there and our defence speaks for itself. Remember who played WPH off the park inflickend their first loss and there’s more to come look out!!!

WRR
wrote on 21-Jun-19 12:03

And just watch how we dismantle those bush boys tomorrow.

The northern kfc colonel
wrote on 21-Jun-19 18:03

Poor WRR. If only you clowns played as hard as you sing your stupid club song after a nothing win, maybe you'd have won last year's GF If you survive relegation (unlikely) we will see you next year in PL. The Colonel has spoken. #bowdowntothecolonel #wearekfc #wearegoingtoPL

Author:
Subject: