Scores?

Views: 286 Posts: 11
Caine Osborne
wrote on 30-Jun-18 18:00

Scores today? Caine is my name

Zac Hanna
wrote on 30-Jun-18 23:05

Heard rovers won 3-0 both grade I assisted 3 for reserve grade. Any other results ?

No?
wrote on 01-Jul-18 13:06

Heard thunder lost first grade yesterday? That can’t be right, can it?

Mmmmm
wrote on 01-Jul-18 14:00

When I left I think thunder was up 4-1??

Correction
wrote on 01-Jul-18 16:00

Seems like they lost 3-1 to Ararat.

Thats what Im hearing from my mate at the dragons

Jimmy
wrote on 01-Jul-18 16:08

Very close comp, anyone can’t beat any team on their day! If Ararat are forfeiting reserve grade does anyone else think that is an advantage to them in first grade? If they have 20+ players to choose from every week. Where as most other teams at this stage of the year having guys back up in first grade or off the bench and still have to compete in reserve grade? Granted they may of had other issues within their team but doesn’t seem fair if they are now competeing with the top teams in the competition?

Ron
wrote on 01-Jul-18 16:08

Ararat beat Thorns 3-1
Putney beat HFC 8-2 or something
Saints and Dragons 2-2
Pats and Redbacks 2-2

This is the craziest, closest comp ever

Dube’s
wrote on 01-Jul-18 17:04

Jimmy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Very close comp, anyone can’t beat any team on > their day! > > If Ararat are forfeiting reserve grade does anyone > else think that is an advantage to them in first > grade? If they have 20+ players to choose from > every week. Where as most other teams at this > stage of the year having guys back up in first > grade or off the bench and still have to compete > in reserve grade? > > Granted they may of had other issues within their > team but doesn’t seem fair if they are now > competeing with the top teams in the competition? No advantage/disadvantage just 15-16 players pissed that they don’t get a game on Saturday. Throw in the bye and it’s disappointing at the least.

Jimmy
wrote on 01-Jul-18 19:04

Truth Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wouldn’t the opposition also get the same > advantage of picking their best 16? > > And from what I understand from talking to one of > the players, with the events of last week and > injuries, there’s not that many players left > able to play, hence what happened on the Saturday > game against Ryde saints. > > A competitive first grade is more important in my > opinion, so no harm with the forfeits in my > opinion. > > No one really cares about reserve grade but no one > wants to see 9-1 first grade games. Yeah fair point, but week in/week out they get the advantage, also looks like teams could make the finals or even win the comp on for and against which could be a false reading on just a 3-0 win or a massive win for a firsts team

Truth
wrote on 01-Jul-18 19:06

Wouldn’t the opposition also get the same advantage of picking their best 16? And from what I understand from talking to one of the players, with the events of last week and injuries, there’s not that many players left able to play, hence what happened on the Saturday game against Ryde saints. A competitive first grade is more important in my opinion, so no harm with the forfeits in my opinion. No one really cares about reserve grade but no one wants to see 9-1 first grade games.

Other
wrote on 01-Jul-18 19:07

Any other results? Will WRR run away with it now?

Author:
Subject: