relegation

Views: 2599 Posts: 29
newbs
wrote on 11-Aug-17 08:08

anyone that thinks putney is going down to all age next season obviously havnt played in the ghfa for very long

teams notoriously dont want to move into sl from all age, even if they have the players and the quality

putney is already established as a sl squad and have 2 aa1 teams and multiple other all age teams to draw players from

putney also proved that they do have the heart to be in the league by putting those big wins on at the end of the season when other teams had given up

the ghfa likes to give teams second chances and only resorts to bringing teams up when they have to

Fred
wrote on 11-Aug-17 10:00

You are incorrect on so many levels. And obviously from Putney. There are 3 clubs i know of who want to come up. One of those has a particularly strong chance. In previous seasons teams that have finished last the season before have stayed in SL as no other club wanted to come up. Next season will be a different story. The by-law clearly states "the team that finishes last in Super League to be relegated". A couple of big wins against depleted crap teams at the end of the season means nothing and doesn't mask their utterly crap season. Dream on and enjoy AA

newbs
wrote on 11-Aug-17 11:00

im actually from a team in the pl teams that are meant to get relegated can renominate and even though you may know of people who are saying they want to come in they will still have to compete against putney and also the teams they played may have been depleted but does that really matter it shows the ghfa that they had a good squad right till the very end of a season which is what new teams that come up fail to do

Gregor
wrote on 11-Aug-17 11:04

From PL. worried about SL. Ok mate

sorry
wrote on 11-Aug-17 13:05

sorry meant SL

dood
wrote on 11-Aug-17 13:05

Dude, your clearly from PL but i appreciate your ambition. Reality is..... YES you can nominate. However, any team (and this isnt open to interpretation. it is fact) that nominates is automatically ahead of you, regardless of which division they were in previously, etc. The reality is you will probably go down, however will probably be back after 1 year. Use it as a chanc eto clean out the team and build stronger.

The Fixer
wrote on 11-Aug-17 16:04

sorry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sorry meant SL I propose a new system..... I propose we reverse the cycle of relegation. Ie any team that gets relegated from Premier League goes to AA, and any team relegated from AA goes to Super League and so on.... This should technically solve all of our problems, and allow us to progress as successive grassfootballers

What
wrote on 11-Aug-17 16:09

What are you talking about? Bit early to be hitting the booze mate

Prems
wrote on 11-Aug-17 17:03

How about we just premier league.

Fred 2
wrote on 11-Aug-17 17:07

Fred Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are incorrect on so many levels. > And obviously from Putney. > > There are 3 clubs i know of who want to come up. > One of those has a particularly strong chance. > In previous seasons teams that have finished last > the season before have stayed in SL as no other > club wanted to come up. Next season will be a > different story. > > The by-law clearly states "the team that finishes > last in Super League to be relegated". > > A couple of big wins against depleted crap teams > at the end of the season means nothing and doesn't > mask their utterly crap season. > > Dream on and enjoy AA Since when do the GHFA actually follow their own by-laws??? They make it up as they go along and when the Putney president is also on the GHFA board.......

The Fixer
wrote on 12-Aug-17 13:09

Prems Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about we just premier league Mate no need to 'f$&k' premier league... With my exclusive new system, super league will become premier league and premier league will become super league

Defector
wrote on 12-Aug-17 23:00

No one thinks that another club wont defect to the Hills comp that have a PL or SL team next season? That might help Putney stay up.

Hmm
wrote on 15-Aug-17 02:00

Defector Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No one thinks that another club wont defect to the > Hills comp that have a PL or SL team next season? > That might help Putney stay up. Why would anyone want to play in th hill Billie Comp?

Perfect match
wrote on 15-Aug-17 10:06

Sounds perfect for the Thornleigh bunch..

Whats the fuss
wrote on 15-Aug-17 14:00

What actually is the issue with thunder?

H8ters
wrote on 15-Aug-17 14:06

To be fair they didn't try to fight anyone, threaten to kill you or try to fight you in the car park after the game like other teams we played...

Can't handle the heat ?
wrote on 15-Aug-17 17:02

You thunder lot sure can dish out plenty but don't like when the truth is told.. thunderstruck perhaps ?

SL
wrote on 15-Aug-17 18:05

Whats the fuss Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What actually is the issue with thunder? I'd like to know aswell, im from rangers and i thought there was worst then thunder. Redbacks ressies were up there.

Smack down vs Raw
wrote on 15-Aug-17 20:07

SL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Whats the fuss Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What actually is the issue with thunder? > > > I'd like to know aswell, im from rangers and i > thought there was worst then thunder. Redbacks > ressies were up there. They are pretty good this year Northern HFC and Saints were usually good for a threat to your life or a potential fight

Silent Knight
wrote on 27-Sep-17 22:08

Anyone know what's happening yet?

yes
wrote on 09-Oct-17 13:09

If any team outside of the current PL/SL setup nominates, they will get in ahead of Putney. If not, Putney will be back in. I'm not posting this up to create endless back and forth, or have a dig, just the rules as they are interpreted at board level. "The club that comes last in SL is relegated" I've been in the meetings where this is discussed, and it basically means that if say North Ryde, or Old Ignatians or anyone else nominates... their nominated takes precedence over Putney. I also understand the Putney winning AA1 argument, however the "relegation" is at club level, not team level. This is to protect AA1 becoming a Super League insurance policy, will all the bottom clubs in SL also putting teams in AA1 to 'protect' themselves. I think the Putney boys are a good bunch of lads and can definitely play on their day, however they are almost certainly out for 2018, but I would expect them back again in 19. Happy to answer any questions any one has, but as stated above, this isnt designed to create animosity or have a dig.... just how the rules will be applied.

wondring
wrote on 11-Oct-17 16:08

what happens if we lose hills hawks will putney still be the lat option with 2 teams coming up?

Yes
wrote on 12-Oct-17 21:07

Yes

wrong
wrote on 05-Dec-17 07:05

love it Putney are staying up all you smart ass keyboard warriors were wrong I'm so happy right now 'but but but the by laws' hahahahahah suck it up

yes!
wrote on 06-Dec-17 10:06

We all want Putney in... 6 point's all round Its like an Oprah giveaway You get 6 points You get 6 points Everybody gets 6 points!

Me123
wrote on 06-Dec-17 10:09

You might be happy, but not as happy as us. Your club are useless so easy wins all round!

Wrong
wrote on 06-Dec-17 11:07

Hahahahaha by law blah blah Putney are in. Hopefully they clear out some shit players and get a new coach or else it will be a repeat season.

Coach 1
wrote on 06-Dec-17 15:06

Anyone know the new WRR coach where did he come from?

yeah baby!
wrote on 06-Dec-17 17:05

Thats great, Putney is back in couple of easy wins to prop up the points tally

Author:
Subject: