Season Wrap

Views: 2364 Posts: 17
Weagles Player
wrote on 08-Aug-17 11:04

Thank you all for an exciting season and the great banter within this forum. Unfortunate we couldn't get to the finals (considering we only lost to epping in the top 4) but I am sure we will back next year looking to join the finals. The GHFA has got a significantly better comp running compared to the GDSFA. We had a ref and two sidelines every match which was a rarity in Granville (as all refs were threatened with their life). The refs in this comp were of way better quality and were not afraid to show the crimson for those showing disrespect - this is how a comp should be run. My analysis (1) Epping - all round good side with lots of power and height from set pieces. Hard to defend when every throw in is a corner (must do upper body weights every training session). Deserved top of the table. (2) Redbacks - probably the best team all round as a unit. Must be inconsistent though (unusual losses this season for their calibre). Was a tough team to verse. (3) St Pats - Probably the weakest of the four, however, were good enough to convert the 3 points against all teams out of the 4. deserved to make the 4. (4) Thornleigh - strong team with a lot of fire. Was good to get a win against these guys as they were really arrogant in our match when they were 2-0 ahead. I think they could be a surprise package in the finals if they play at their best and stay switched on. My surprise tip to win. All in All, banter aside, thank you boys for a great season. Good luck in finals. See you next year, Caine O...

Tom
wrote on 08-Aug-17 13:06

My wrap as a fellow SL player. EPPING - By no means a brilliant side but good at what they do, and importantly, the most consistent. Will need to strengthen or will get belted badly in PL. DH Scale - 6.5/10 REDBACKS - The most talented team in the competition but quite inconsistent. If they put it all together they can be scary opposition. DH Scale - 6/10 ST.PATS - Another talented team but not quite at the level it takes to win this competition. DH Scale - 7/10 THORNLEIGH - Very talented side on their day. With a full team and on their game they can win this competition. DH Scale - 7.5/10 WRR EAGLES - Well drilled team but lacked the overall quality. Very good attack, defence not so good. DH Scale - 8/10 MAC DRAGONS - A good team on their day but suffered from a lack of quality when best players were not playing. DH Scale - 6.5/10 SAINTS - Good patches few and far between. Not enough quality players to be a force. DH Scale - 6/10 N HFC - Pretty average all round to be honest. Not hopeless by any means, but not good either. DH Scale - 5/10 ARARAT - Good team when they click but if their 3/4 old good players aren't all playing they offer nothing at all. DH Scale - 6.5/10 PUTNEY - What a weird team. When they click, they CLICK. When they're bad, they're REALLY BAD. Not happy campers me thinks. DH Scale - 7.5/10

?
wrote on 08-Aug-17 14:05

Did you really just rate Putney better then the teams that finished 1st - 3rd ?

Tom
wrote on 08-Aug-17 14:09

DH Scale - Dic*head scale

Accurate
wrote on 08-Aug-17 16:07

Tom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DH Scale - Dic*head scale If thats the scale thornleigh should be 11/10

Del piero
wrote on 09-Aug-17 12:08

Putney 4. 2 winning games at the end of season not correct gage . See ya boys . All the best in AA1

Terrorists win
wrote on 09-Aug-17 13:08

AAP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are they going to rename All Age 1 to All Age > Putney with 3-4 of the 7 teams being Putney? Hahahahaha is this true? Thornleigh are over 9000 on the DH scale

AAP
wrote on 09-Aug-17 13:09

Are they going to rename All Age 1 to All Age Putney with 3-4 of the 7 teams being Putney?

vb
wrote on 09-Aug-17 19:08

Tom, just curious to know what club you're from? Very interested where you've rated your own side...

Tom
wrote on 09-Aug-17 20:07

The fact you can't tell which club im from is testament to my write-up being impartial

Smackdown
wrote on 09-Aug-17 22:03

Tom you repeated the ladder except for Putney . Which you overrated . Go join them in AA1. They need DHeads like you next year .

Ara the Rat
wrote on 18-Aug-17 01:05

Always curious as to who people think are Ararat's "old players"? They signed like 20 new players this season and as far as I can tell, only 3 of the consistent starting XI had played for the club last season. 2 new goalkeepers, basically an all new back line and midfield, and 2 new guys playing up front.

Reg
wrote on 18-Aug-17 12:03

Old - advanced in age

Hardest cunt
wrote on 20-Aug-17 19:09

Everyone paying out Putney come to Bremner park I'll smash ya!!

PUT AA1
wrote on 28-Aug-17 15:06

putney need to sack knob coach.. he has no idea. club was warned and they kept the loser. I wouldn't let him coach my grandmother. But then again the whole club full of knobs. Grubs Grubs Grubs. Glad they are gone from SL. they have 2x AA1 teams cause they poach from other clubs offering free rego.. stole a whole team from the sharks.. Oh and their AA1 are a bunch of cheating grubs can't make a GF so complain about a team sheet..AA1 should be awarded the GHFA wnakers of the year!! Grubs

Boland
wrote on 29-Aug-17 18:04

Hi all, Ryan Boland here again. I'm here to announce that I will not be playing Super League next year. I have multiple offers from both PL and NPL. I hope you enjoyed sharing a pitch with me. If you're ever in Thornleigh, don't be afraid to get in contact. Your friend, Ryan

Not from Thornleigh
wrote on 18-Sep-17 12:09

It truly was a pleasure Boland. Some of the goals this season that you tucked away.... Well they left me weak at the knees. I will look back on this season fondly, and probably late at night when I touch myself. Hugs & kisses, Randy

Author:
Subject: