Any results in 35-1s

Views: 1373 Posts: 24
Old boys
wrote on 09-May-15 17:08

Who won the grand final replay at redbacks home ground against pennant hills .... I'm sure it would have been a super game as all three games last year were decided by a single goal

Check the tab
wrote on 09-May-15 17:09

You could always check the 35/1s tab, surely you're not that blind

???
wrote on 09-May-15 18:03

Shut the fuck up about 35/1's. There's a tab just up the top there champion. No one wants to hear about a bunch of literal has beens here

35er
wrote on 09-May-15 18:07

Penno 11 - Redbacks 0 Boz 4 Morro 3 I hear Rick Geo struggling to get a run

Quality
wrote on 11-May-15 09:02

??? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Shut the fuck up about 35/1's. There's a tab just
> up the top there champion. No one wants to hear
> about a bunch of literal has beens here

The two top 35/1 sides would beat every team in the PL with the exception of maybe KEN, PHD and EE. It's telling you the quality coming through is CRAP or the old fellas still have a mile on the young guys.

lol
wrote on 12-May-15 13:04

Bit of a redundant argument. The two best 35/1's are miles in front of the rest of the comp and are filled with standout players from the last few years of prems. The fact you said they cant beat the best of premier league makes your point even more moot.

Quality
wrote on 12-May-15 14:07

lol Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bit of a redundant argument. The two best 35/1's > are miles in front of the rest of the comp and are > filled with standout players from the last few > years of prems. The fact you said they cant beat > the best of premier league makes your point even > more moot. Never said that "lol". What I did say quote was " The two top 35/1 sides would beat every team in the PL with the exception of maybe KEN, PHD and EE". Kwy words in the sentence would and maybe. I would have my money on STA to finish in the top four of PL.

moneytalksbulls___walks
wrote on 12-May-15 16:06

Sure Sure Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If they were that good they would still be playing > in PL, end of story. No-one thinks to themselves > "pfft PL is getting easy, might promote myself to > 35/1's where all the action is" So I can only assume that you would have your money on a YMCA or WPH to beat STA or Pennant Hills 35/1's. It could probably be arranged with the proceeds to go to a good charity.

Sure Sure
wrote on 12-May-15 16:07

If they were that good they would still be playing in PL, end of story. No-one thinks to themselves "pfft PL is getting easy, might promote myself to 35/1's where all the action is"

Fruit
wrote on 12-May-15 17:07

Doubt we would beat any PL teams fellas. First 20 - 40 mins we'd be competitive with most teams then for the remainder of the fixture there would only be 5-6 players in our team that could keep up with PL pace (even with interchange allowing a breather). That said, I would be pretty confident of beating most SL teams based on what we saw Sat arvo at View Street (cant speak for STA as we havent played them yet). Had beers while watching SL 1sts RED vs MAC Uni - sheesh, a much poor standard than I expected and it wasnt very quick either. Just my opinion

On the Cans
wrote on 12-May-15 19:05

Comments obviously from kids who don't have families and commitments and probably don't even have jobs. Going to O/35's is about quality of life, not needing to train your butt off or make commitments that interrupt family or work life - not about being a has-been.
I always thought the same until I too had family and work commitments...
Yeah the top half of PL would run them off the park after 20mins, but the bottom half may not find it so easy... whilst they run them off the park they may not be able to break them down... Play on a small pitch and remove the running and the smart heads and football ability would stand up.

Sure Sure
wrote on 12-May-15 19:08

moneytalksbulls___walks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > So I can only assume that you would have your > money on a YMCA or WPH to beat STA or Pennant > Hills 35/1's. It could probably be arranged with > the proceeds to go to a good charity. If you actually read the original quote which stated that the top 2 sides on 35's would beat every team in PL bar 2-3 then that's a load of shit. If they said the top 2 teams would give the 2 worst PL teams a run for their money then I'd probably agree with you.

Juice
wrote on 12-May-15 21:06

Hahaha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remove this, remove that, make the pitch smaller, > not the top four teams, interchange, 20-40 > minutes, maybe, possibly. > > If you were good enough you'd play PL. Plenty of > blokes have families, work commitments, uni > commitments and masturbation commitments. We make > it work and you would too if you were up to it. > > Like I said originally. You argument is moot. If > this, or that, rubbish arguments. Spoken like a true gen y or z. All good though, the o35s simply have the luxury of knowing you'll one day think the same as they do now. You have more to life than simple park football lol

Hahaha
wrote on 12-May-15 21:08

Remove this, remove that, make the pitch smaller, not the top four teams, interchange, 20-40 minutes, maybe, possibly.

If you were good enough you'd play PL. Plenty of blokes have families, work commitments, uni commitments and masturbation commitments. We make it work and you would too if you were up to it.

Like I said originally. You argument is moot. If this, or that, rubbish arguments.

dejavu
wrote on 12-May-15 22:01

Juice Wrote:

> Hahaha Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
Remove this, remove that, make the pitch
> smaller,
> >
not the top four teams, interchange, 20-40
> >
minutes, maybe, possibly.
> >

> >
If you were good enough you'd play PL. Plenty
> of
> >
blokes have families, work commitments, uni
> >
commitments and masturbation commitments. We
> make
> >
it work and you would too if you were up to it.
>
> >

> >
Like I said originally. You argument is moot.
> If
> >
this, or that, rubbish arguments.
>
>
> Spoken like a true gen y or z. All good though,
> the o35s simply have the luxury of knowing you'll
> one day think the same as they do now. You have
> more to life than simple park football lol

oh please. Don't act all holier than thou, bringing up the old gen y "kids these days" bit. I've seen enough O35 games to know the older guys act just as immature and stupid as some of the PL guys.
You think people who play PL don't have commitments. Believe it or not people under the age of 35, which by your attitude is the age in which you reach enlightenment, have families, kids, work, study and other commitments. All the while still managing to train and play in PL. Hell it's not just our league. Guys in state or premier league, that have even higher demands to train and play still manage to juggle these commitments.
So saying that the only reason you play in the O35's is because you have more important things to worry about is absolute rubbish. Plenty of other moherfuckers have managed, you're just not as good as you think you are. Simple.

And yes I'm aware Juice plays PL. 2nd half of this rant isn't directed at him.

Juice
wrote on 13-May-15 07:00

Not saying that at all unicorn, however the over simplistic assumption that because someone chooses to play 35s instead of purely because apparently they're not good enough for PL, added to the "shoot from your mouth" additions to this thread, is typical of a response one would expect from such individuals. Of course there are players under 35 with commitments etc etc but just because someone chooses to not commit to sometimes two nights a week training and 5 hours of football every Saturday in winter doesn't make them "not good enough" for PL. They simply choose not to. I dare say Moro and Boz would still go well in PL even still start in 1sts in some teams. So good on you champ for making that choice, kudos to you with all your commitments etc, you must be better than every o35s player because you 'chose' to play PL past your 35 years of age?... You are that old aren't you?... My two cents on the would a 35s team knock over a PL team... every season this gets thrown out there lol. Highly unlikely, even the current PL bottom teams would most likely come out on top. Older, wiser etc etc but alas I just don't think a whole team of 35s+ would match the fitness, speed and agility of a PL side where the average age would most likely be in the mid 20s (accept KEN of course, we're more pushing early 30s lol). Whatever experience and even perhaps ability would still be not enough to counter those three factors alone.

dejavu
wrote on 13-May-15 09:07

Juice Wrote:

> Not saying that at all unicorn, however the over
> simplistic assumption that because someone chooses
> to play 35s instead of purely because apparently
> they're not good enough for PL, added to the
> "shoot from your mouth" additions to this thread,
> is typical of a response one would expect from
> such individuals. Of course there are players
> under 35 with commitments etc etc but just because
> someone chooses to not commit to sometimes two
> nights a week training and 5 hours of football
> every Saturday in winter doesn't make them "not
> good enough" for PL. They simply choose not to. I
> dare say Moro and Boz would still go well in PL
> even still start in 1sts in some teams. So good on
> you champ for making that choice, kudos to you
> with all your commitments etc, you must be better
> than every o35s player because you 'chose' to play
> PL past your 35 years of age?... You are that old
> aren't you?...
>

I 100% agree with you that a few select players who are in O35's at the moment would be capable of holding their own in PL and I understand that players move to O35's because of their lack of ability to commit time to training/playing etc etc. What I was pointing out was that hiding behind that as the sole reason for not playing in PL is BS. As I stated, there are many blokes who can, and do, manage it all with no issues (i assume you being one of them) but I can appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different. Using the whole "I don't have time" thing is a bit of a cop out, especially when you then tote about being able to clean up PL teams with you are your O35 buddies.

wheres my dumb dumb
wrote on 13-May-15 10:02

juice didnt say 35s would cleanup a pl team. He said a pl team would cleanup a 35s team genius. And how is it a cop out. If someones circumstances dont allow them time to commit even if they want to then they cant. How is that so hard for you to understand? Only someone with your emotional intelligence wouldnt get or more to the point accept that as a valid reason.

oh dear
wrote on 13-May-15 10:04

Well if you read more than the last 3 posts of this entire thread you'd see that it was stated earlier so maybe try actually knowing what your talking about first champion. Secondly it is indeed a cop out when you hide behind the "I don't have time" excuse all the while tooting your own horn about how good you are in O35's and how you'd beat any PL team.

still no dumb dumb
wrote on 13-May-15 10:08

^ i dont think you know who juice is champion

can't be serious
wrote on 13-May-15 10:08

wow really? Are you purposely attempting to make yourself look ignorant? or are you legit? my posts have nothing to do with who Juice is or what he said. Read further up the thread and you'll understand where my comments are coming from. Now that's enough out of you, back to your corner.

Settle down
wrote on 13-May-15 13:04

Settle down fellas. I'm sure some of the over 35s guys could easily compete. It's probably more to do with as they get older its gets harder to compete physically and it's just easier on the body to head up to over 35s. I think it's great they still want to keep playing at 35 plus and even 45 plus!

Nothing left to prove
wrote on 13-May-15 14:05

A COC finalist O35's team would beat most PL teams. eg EEW of 10 years ago. And we might have 1 or 2 teams of that calibre in 35/1 this year. EEW And when you and your teamates are over 35 even though some of you might still be playing well enough for PL, most guys would prefer to play alongside the boys theyve known for years.

Spider
wrote on 15-May-15 20:04

WOW. Interesting messages. Being an over 35 player, Yes at Redbacks, I'm with the my fellow over 35 Penno bloke above.

You young blokes will hope to still be playing like us when your our age, barring knee re-constructions. Family commitments, work etc. Anything can happen, when you get out nappies & grow up child.

We are thankfull we are still playing in a top grade & enjoying.

Sounds like you were spanked as a child & still living at home getting spanked.

Author:
Subject: