35-1's

Views: 2443 Posts: 32
Bustamove
wrote on 14-Apr-15 16:03

Any games scores from the old boys'games. Strong comp this year.

Ogalos
wrote on 14-Apr-15 17:08

http://www.icompman.com.au/idata_public/idata_public/~DMAAPgIB1VtUktFckJZak9BYwA

Spider
wrote on 14-Apr-15 21:02

Redbacks re-building, we lost 7 key players. We have little chance of making a difference to the top two teams this year

Will be a comp between Penno & St Andrews

Penno 6 Hills Hawks 2
All Saints 0 Ravens o
Redbacks & North ryde washed out
St Andrews got a BYE

Andy King
wrote on 15-Apr-15 11:08

Bings got a bye in the first rd & you think they'll win the comp?

Spider
wrote on 16-Apr-15 15:06

If you win AA/2 without losing a game. You have an excellent chance of winning 35/1. But Penno are strong. My money on Penno at this stage. But lets see the next couple of weeks results... Honestly wish we had our team from last year, Would have given both teams a good challenge. But, injuries happen, So do work commitments etc.

Fruit
wrote on 16-Apr-15 17:05

STA will be very strong indeed this year but I wouldn't write off RED, RAV or ASH for that matter. To Spider's point, 35s is all about logistics, as work, kids birthdays, and of course, long injury spells can impact the make up of the team - more so than in PL when you have some depth.

We have a squad of 20 yet the most I have seen at one game, barring Finals football, is 15 - most times 13. Many times you can start with 13 or 14, get a couple of injuries, then get blown off the park in the 2nd half - its that simple.

No disrespect to HWK and NRS, but from what I have seen, although mostly based on last season, any of the other teams can all take 3 points against everyone else.

Sta of old
wrote on 17-Apr-15 06:05

Is that the old sta team which won pl a few years back?

JH7
wrote on 17-Apr-15 10:05

Yep

Be afraid
wrote on 17-Apr-15 16:09

Get your titles in now boys, cause kenthurst will be fielding a team next year or the year after of 35 year olds that are currently playing in prems. oh oh

Spider
wrote on 17-Apr-15 18:05

Redbacks only have 13 players signed this year. Hence we will have a long season. Cant see us picking up many points other than the BYE....

wELCOME Kenthurst IN, anytime

It's good competition at our age. Although we all want to win. We are not 20 something anymore & playing for our lives. We have had a good run, as teams do, but then the re-building begins again.

P.S - North Epping came from Premier League a views years back & couldn't even make the top 4. Every team in 35/1 is ex Prem or State league.

Touchy Touchy
wrote on 18-Apr-15 08:02

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No disrespect to HWK and NRS, but from what I have > seen, although mostly based on last season, any of > the other teams can all take 3 points against > everyone else. You can say "no disrespect" and then proceed to give it. Whilst I don't take too much on this board seriously, you Mr Fruit can fuck right off. You might of smashed us on the weekend, but note how many and who was on the field. Hat's off to your boys, they played well. Based on last year as you say, you won the premiership with a little help from the Hawks given what they did to the Redbacks last year. Some of you came to watch and pray that the no hopers could take points off the Redbacks you might recall. Your whole statement lacks credibility when you mention RAV as a good team (and I know why you do). The Hawks beat them 6-2 and should have repeated the dose in the second game. We lost 6 games last year from winning positions and nothing went right for us. We have picked up players this year and will have a squad of 17. We had 10 registered on the weekend when we played you. I had a lot of respect for Penno up until your post. You sir, are an A-grade tosser. Or should that be Premier League tosser. Hell, we might get smashed again today, but unlike some, we know our best playing days were left behind at the sheep stations we won.

JHH7
wrote on 18-Apr-15 16:09

Penno got up 2-1 at Peel today - a reasonably even game with both teams struggling for legs in the last 20 minutes. Penno probably had the better of the chances. A header from Richo and a nice finish from Boz stood either side of a Ravens penalty.

Fruit
wrote on 18-Apr-15 17:03

hahaha. Really, so who is touchy? Reckon its you mate. I was giving my opinion, which to my understanding was OK on a public forum? If it upset you, and I have no idea why after we beat you 6-2 while missing 200 chances, I will have to live with that. I didnt say you were tossers, losers, degenerates, crap players, blah, blah, blah. I said that you and NRS wont challenge many teams. It was said without disrespect, but it was about my opinion of which teams will contest the top 4. I may very well end up with egg on my face, but reckon I have a reasonable grasp of teams in 35s (as i said, mostly based on last year, you guys last SAT, and NRS who we know a few guys from). Winning games - and no, we dont play for sheep stations - we try hard on the park but play for the beers after - is surely what football is about? We dont kick the kids if we loose when we get home, but we play Div 1 - not 8 - because we enjoy the challenge. This is in the same vein as why guys on this forums play PL - to challenge yourself in the highest level of park football. As for credibility. Well, apart from not giving a flying 'duck' of what you think about my opinion's credibility, why wouldnt I respect RAV? Today, as Joel reports, we won but it very close and the first time we have beat them for a while. We lost once and drew twice against them last year, so if that doesnt garner respect for a team, what the heck does? Not sure anyone cares about how many games you nearly won last year - grow a set mate and take the losses with the wins. Your comment was as lame as me making the point that Kurt didnt play against you last week - yet you still got towelled? So here's hoping fella that you still maintain respect for Penno - as I only speak for me, and the boys will be devastated if they dont have your respect anymore. Just hate me - join the queue - its quite long

Spider
wrote on 18-Apr-15 20:01

Ummmmm...Guys.. Are we not a bit old for this ????

Seriously...What the hell is the above all about ?????

We are just a bunch of older guys enjoying a game. Yes there are some, STILL serious guys, who think they are playing World cup & bitch & moan to the ref & eachother, Which is always hilarious to watch & you know who you are.......LOL

But come on. Settle guys. If your gonna carry on like this. Hang up your boots. Football is 90 minutes of your life on a weekend.

So results today ???

Penno 2 Ravens 1 ???

Any other results....

HHH
wrote on 18-Apr-15 21:01

ASH 2 NRS 0

Old Wood
wrote on 19-Apr-15 08:04

STA 7 - HAW 1

Separate tab
wrote on 19-Apr-15 09:00

Admin, can you please make an over 35s tab.

No interest in reading their dribble on the PL tab.

Spider
wrote on 19-Apr-15 11:07

You will be here one day mate.....

Horko
wrote on 19-Apr-15 13:05

Separate tab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Admin, can you please make an over 35s tab.
>
> No interest in reading their dribble on the PL
> tab.

You don't have to read it, the topic thread is clearly 35-1s what were you expecting to read about?

I agree
wrote on 19-Apr-15 14:01

gm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why not add a tab. Most guys playing in 35/1 have > previously played PL and I for one are always > interested in reading their posts. I agree with you Gm and what's more I feel the two so called top sides in STA and Penn would hold there own again most PL sides except maybe kenthurst.

gm
wrote on 19-Apr-15 14:05

Why not add a tab. Most guys playing in 35/1 have previously played PL and I for one are always interested in reading their posts.

Admin
wrote on 19-Apr-15 18:06

OK, done.

That bad
wrote on 19-Apr-15 18:06

Old Wood Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STA 7 - HAW 1 Are the Hawks that poor this season?

Bustamove
wrote on 19-Apr-15 18:08

-- moved topic --

Casual Observer
wrote on 19-Apr-15 21:05

I agree Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gm Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why not add a tab. Most guys playing in 35/1 > have > > previously played PL and I for one are always > > interested in reading their posts. > > > I agree with you Gm and what's more I feel the two > so called top sides in STA and Penn would hold > there own again most PL sides except maybe > kenthurst. It's been a while since that was the case for a 35s team. Obviously the all stars WWR team would have held their own and no doubt the EEW team that won the Prem, Champ, State Cup and COC in the same year was strong with enough players around the 40 mark. If Penno have a squad of 20 as Fruit says, they should attempt the same feat. Will be tough though, backing up for state cup on a Sunday you can be playing teams whose comps are played on Friday night or Sunday, that'll add a heavy degree of difficulty. Should have a crack anyway. So should STA.

Casual Observer
wrote on 19-Apr-15 21:05

Just checked, looks like entries for state cup closed 27th March......anyone entered?

Timbo
wrote on 20-Apr-15 12:07

Hi Admin. I note with interest the new 0/35 tab which i think is a great idea. Have you given any thought to an AA tab or an AA1 tab? My club was asked to join S/L for this season but we don't want to, but me and many others still come on this site. There are a few good players/teams in AA and im thinking a lot of them would like to join in on the discussion on your site. Maybe you and others disagree, just a thought.

Admin
wrote on 20-Apr-15 14:07

Timbo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Admin.
>
> I note with interest the new 0/35 tab which i
> think is a great idea.
>
> Have you given any thought to an AA tab or an AA1
> tab? My club was asked to join S/L for this season
> but we don't want to, but me and many others still
> come on this site. There are a few good
> players/teams in AA and im thinking a lot of them
> would like to join in on the discussion on your
> site.
>
> Maybe you and others disagree, just a thought.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. No thought of doing this at the moment as all these tabs require a moderator and that means time and effort, will see what the future holds?

Hally
wrote on 24-Apr-15 08:00

What happened to the idea of EEW going back and playing Over 35's this year?? Certainly would have made the job harder for Penno and STA.

Nick
wrote on 24-Apr-15 20:04

Hally Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What happened to the idea of EEW going back and > playing Over 35's this year?? > Certainly would have made the job harder for Penno > and STA. Down on numbers I hear. Amongst others, Whitey and Mick Richards missing.

kiwi
wrote on 27-Apr-15 15:09

i have never seen this tab this quiet
between fruit and rick no one gets a word in.

Royds
wrote on 27-Apr-15 19:04

Local derby this Sunday
Ravens vs Woodies @ Normanhurst Oval. go figure.
Should be a good game, weather permitting.

Author:
Subject: