Synthetic Pitches at Christie

Views: 917 Posts: 8
Astro Boy
wrote on 06-Mar-15 14:01

Maybe its not just a pipe dream http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx?noredirect=true Not sure what Gladesville Ravens involvement will be? Looks like you'll have to wait another 5 years http://www.weeklytimes.com.au/ryde-council-news-in-brief/ "Serious injuries and huge maintenance costs at sports fields across the City of Ryde will be a thing of the past after councillors voted to approve a roll out plan for synthetic turf last Tuesday night. Council staff will draw up a four to five year turf delivery plan in consultation with neighbouring councils that will consider quality, priority work and co-funding options with local sports clubs. Speaking in favour of the synthetic turf were Councillors Roy Maggio and Geoff Salvestro Martin alongside Football NSW’s Mark Chester, Gladesville Hornsby Football Referees Association spokesman Tom Emeleus and representatives from major local (boys and girls) football clubs."

Slope
wrote on 06-Mar-15 18:00

At least that will give them time to take off the 3m slope on christie before the do it ! :)

THE ROCK
wrote on 09-Mar-15 14:08

last time there was talk of it being ELS hall not christie. Anyone know any different?

GHFA
wrote on 10-Mar-15 08:03

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > last time there was talk of it being ELS hall not > christie. Anyone know any different? ELS hall was all the talk but knowing Iredale he'll kick and scream to get it at Christie

kiwi
wrote on 10-Mar-15 10:00

Christy should be the done before a club team. Association 1st then roll out to clubs. All teams get use of christy ghfa cup, state cup, gf And Coc. Why should only 1 club get a benefit. I think school fields should get done 1st so the high school or primary get use of it as well as a local club. That might push local PMs as more votes wider usage more fields. rather than 1 club.

Walking
wrote on 10-Mar-15 12:08

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Christy should be the done before a club team. > Association 1st then roll out to clubs. > All teams get use of christy ghfa cup, state cup, > gf > And Coc. > Why should only 1 club get a benefit. > I think school fields should get done 1st so the > high school or primary get use of it as well as a > local club. That might push local PMs as more > votes wider usage more fields. > rather than 1 club. Happy Birthday for tomorrow KIWI.

turnip
wrote on 10-Mar-15 19:01

You are kidding if you think all clubs use Christie Kiwi. I would say a good portion of GHFA clubs don't play GHFA Cup, State Cup, CoC or even div 1 GF's. From what I have heard if it does go ahead Spirit, NWS Koalas, Gladesville Ryde Magic & Raven's women's state league would have majority of use, which wouldn't leave much space for anyone else.

kiwi
wrote on 10-Mar-15 21:08

Better than just 1 club using it

Author:
Subject: