Two Up - Two Down

Views: 1922 Posts: 21
Football Supp
wrote on 25-Feb-15 15:05

I think its time for Two up and two down.
With Normanhurst and Ymca looking to have terrible squads and Ravens also it could be time for two up two down.

Would this work, wouldn't it work?
Other associations do it
Could it be a playoff between 2nd SL v 2nd Last PL to decide?

Discuss

overreaction
wrote on 25-Feb-15 16:03

Football Supp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think its time for Two up and two down. > With Normanhurst and Ymca looking to have terrible > squads and Ravens also it could be time for two up > two down. > > Would this work, wouldn't it work? > Other associations do it > Could it be a playoff between 2nd SL v 2nd Last PL > to decide? > > Discuss looking to have terrible squads?? unless youve been to all their preseason games i think its a bit of an overreaction to state. its preseason for a reason, non of the squads have been finalised so most teams are still trialing. wait until mid season before you make a judgement west pennant hill apparently lost by 10 or more to pittwater, hawks lost to nerds, they must have terrible squads also... muppet

nerdss
wrote on 25-Feb-15 17:01

we haven't played hawks. this weekend. your comment will be valid after this weekend

Troy.cook
wrote on 25-Feb-15 18:02

It should be two up two down. Premiers & Champions and if that is the same team, then 2nd in the league. It is too easy for teams to stay up by just not being the worst! This should go across both PL & SL.

Yes and NO
wrote on 25-Feb-15 18:05

Yes and no. Its good because youre right its too easy for those who arent the total worst to drop down however it may be frustrating for a lot of the 2nd placed super league clubs who may struggle to hold their spot in premier league for more than a year than drop back down only to come second again and so on

Hodor
wrote on 25-Feb-15 23:05

Didn't Normo propose this change to GHFA a few years ago when they couldn't get out of SL but it was dropped as soon as they got back into PL?

THE ROCK
wrote on 26-Feb-15 10:02

I actually brought this up a few seasons back and it was knocked on the head by a few die hard's saying the PL is about prestige and you need to earn your stripes etc, which i have to agree with. However on the otherside of the fence, you have a few teams in the SL who could easily compete with those in the PL. When we won SL with Beecroft in 2011, we knocked out Normo who were a very good team and they had to win it the year after to get promoted when it should have been STA/YMCA go down. In 2012, we lost players at beecroft and struggled, while Normo probably would have done slightly better. In 2011, STA came 2nd last, which is hard to imagine because they are a quality SQUAD. Should they have gone down instead of Normo coming up? My personal opinion is No, but I'm sure others will beg to differ. Then 2 years after we won it with Hawks, Glenhaven should have gone up too, but didn't and i think have struggled to field a team like they had in 2013 ever since. If they lost players or players left and went to other PL teams, i'm not sure??? Then there was talk about a play off between 2nd last PL and 2nd in SL, but that was knocked on the head too. After playing both leagues, there is a clear difference between a SL SQUAD and a PL SQUAD. In SL, you can hide players in reserve grade, in PL you can't hide players in reserve grade. The top PL teams have a reserves that can match their firsts, whilst the Top SL teams don't have a res team to match their firsts. Is that the same as the bottom PL teams? It's hard to make that judgement. All the coaches in the SL thinking that they should be in PL etc... I want you to think about it how you will go in 1st grade without your 3 best players. At the end of the day we need the strongest squads in the PL to keep the top league as competitive as we can.

Football Supp
wrote on 26-Feb-15 10:08

"All the coaches in the SL thinking that they should be in PL etc... I want you to think about it how you will go in 1st grade without your 3 best players. " Great comment. Everyone thinks the team they CAN put out are world beaters but with this being amateur there is holidays, wives/gfs, injuries that last longer then they should and of course work. I think it is pretty hard to have the same team fielded each week

Puddles
wrote on 26-Feb-15 13:07

Troy.cook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It should be two up two down. > > Premiers & Champions and if that is the same team, > then 2nd in the league. > > It is too easy for teams to stay up by just not > being the worst! > > This should go across both PL & SL. So you think it is OK for the team who won the championship who finished 4th to go up???

technicallu
wrote on 26-Feb-15 20:06

technically 6th in the championship can go up to the premier league (UK)... if its good enough for them, why not us? But having said that, if there was to be a 2 up 2 down scenario (unlikely), it should be 1st and 2nd

the pebble
wrote on 27-Feb-15 08:07

@THE ROCK Well said mate. Think you hit the nail on the head. 4th should not go up. Maybe 2nd, but 3/4 should not be given a chance as anyone who wins 1/2 their SL games can finish there. As said above, those people would be smashed in PL.

Her's the tip
wrote on 03-Mar-15 20:03

This is the last year before all the hills teams join the hills comp so there may only be one league next year. Your arguments are for nothing.

Four Up
wrote on 03-Mar-15 21:04

With the Hills comp threatening to startup, it might be 4 up and 0 down

Juice
wrote on 04-Mar-15 10:00

I believe it's only KEN, PHD and HWK in the PL and GLH in SL that is moving to the Hills Assoc

The Hills Mecca.
wrote on 04-Mar-15 10:03

At last month Council meeting The Hayes Sporting Complex was mentioned again. Astro turf,motel rooms,massive car park joining on to the indoor pool and scate park and the macdonalds down the road moving there as well.

Serious?
wrote on 04-Mar-15 14:01

All this talk about a hills association, aside from clubs and the local mayor supporting it... is everyone forgetting the FNSW have stated they wont support it at all?? a new association, more paperwork for them and more time consuming for them. dont get me wrong, a Hills assoc. would be great. but unless they get the nod from FNSW it wont happen.

kiwi
wrote on 04-Mar-15 16:07

It can happen. They dont need Fnsw but it would obviously be better
If its not sanctioned just no champion of champions

Fruit
wrote on 05-Mar-15 06:04

Firstly, I think it will happen and I reckon it makes good sense. I do however think that it wont happen unless FNSW sanction it. In my opinion Kiwi, it's more than CoC that is at stake. If you think about all of the periphery that needs to have correct diligence - Referees/P & D/Insurance/etc... it has to fold into FNSW's overall charter. For example, you get a player banned for a long time (even life), all they would have to do is join a Hills Comp team. Just imagine - hardly any players left in Granville Comp!

THE ROCK
wrote on 09-Mar-15 14:03

Fruit... hahaa sounds like a criminal's league!! In all seriousness the senior people of GHFA, GRANVILLE, FNSW should sit down(and leave their ego's at the door) and work it out. Until they do, it's not going anywhere. And FYI, last time i checked Hills Hawks was not a supporter of the Hills League, it was only Kenthurst, Glenhaven and a few other smaller clubs.

turnip
wrote on 09-Mar-15 21:06

Are you still at the Hawks Rock? You don't usually stay at the same club for more than a couple of years.

THE ROCK
wrote on 10-Mar-15 01:09

Yes Turnip, i am still at hawks. I move clubs often to share the wealth of knowledge i've built up over the years.... lol

Author:
Subject: