Is there any truth in the rumour that Ravens are in turmoil?

Views: 5015 Posts: 41
Best bbq
wrote on 17-Feb-15 15:09

Is there any truth in the rumour that Ravens are in turmoil? I thought that they had blooded a heap of new players last year and this year they were to push for a top 4 finish. Who is still their? Is Chris Geo still playing or just coaching. Is the young fella who played up front for them last year still leading the attack. Has his big brother recovered from a bad facial injury last year? Is A Kidd still playing? Is OPPA still at the back?

new team again
wrote on 18-Feb-15 09:04

no chris geo hes joined his brother in 035s no phoenix or his brother no kidd and no oppy loads of new players and new coach

Ouch
wrote on 18-Feb-15 14:02

new team again Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> no chris geo hes joined his brother in 035s
> no phoenix or his brother
> no kidd and no oppy
>
> loads of new players and new coach

Sounds like a VERRRRRYYYYYY LONG SEASON.

Correction
wrote on 18-Feb-15 14:04

I think you'll find Oppy is still around

Captain OP
wrote on 18-Feb-15 17:02

Correction Wrote:

> I think you'll find Oppy is still around

Yes he will be the skipper but goals will be hard to come by. No Phoenix and no brother = NO GOALS.

Souvlaki Park
wrote on 19-Feb-15 06:06

Turmoil is a big call. Yes, a lot of the older heads have moved on, plenty of young guys have come in, many of which have played Ravens through juniors &/or live in area which is a good thing. Oppy to play striker - will be plenty of goals (OK, I made that bit up)

best bbq
wrote on 19-Feb-15 09:01

Souvlaki Park Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Turmoil is a big call. Yes, a lot of the older > heads have moved on, plenty of young guys have > come in, many of which have played Ravens through > juniors &/or live in area which is a good thing. > Oppy to play striker - will be plenty of goals > (OK, I made that bit up) Results will determine if my statement is true. If they stay up it will be a miracle.

Maradona
wrote on 19-Feb-15 10:00

All good here. I know we lost to the rangers but we did have 4 or 5 out for that game.Like I said all good finish mid table.

best bbq
wrote on 19-Feb-15 10:09

Maradona Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All good here. > I know we lost to the rangers but we did have 4 or > 5 out for that game.Like I said all good finish > mid table. Would you like a small wager on a top 6 finish.

Haha
wrote on 19-Feb-15 16:01

Haha top 6, in other words bottom 4

the count
wrote on 20-Feb-15 00:07

Haha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha top 6, in other words bottom 4 OK, you tell me how coming 6th also gets you into the bottom 4 in a 10 team comp?

DB.
wrote on 01-Mar-15 14:04

Ravens for relegation in 2015. You heard it here first. Follow my twitter @dbrennan for all ghfa speculation, opinion and general goss

Sorry
wrote on 01-Mar-15 19:05

the count Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Haha top 6, in other words bottom 4 > > OK, you tell me how coming 6th also gets you into > the bottom 4 in a 10 team comp? Sorry what I meant was there's no way RAV will finish top 6, so bottom 4 it will be for them, actually more like bottom 2

THE ROCK
wrote on 02-Mar-15 23:03

they cut a pretty good keeper. Now at putney. He was young and had potential. Good pickup for putney if you ask me.

Apricot
wrote on 03-Mar-15 00:09

If that's the keeper I'm thinking about, he couldn't handle fitness at first training session and quit.

Correction
wrote on 03-Mar-15 08:00

Hey Rock, Quick correction. He was not cut, he left.

Putknee
wrote on 03-Mar-15 12:05

Massive pick up for our team played under our coach before left the raven cause he didn't like the new coach.

Putknee
wrote on 03-Mar-15 15:04

Comon Dan you know that bullshit.

Dan
wrote on 03-Mar-15 15:09

To cut out any rumour and potential trouble causing he actually left because he wanted to. No reason other than that.

Know your place
wrote on 03-Mar-15 18:07

Stop mentioning these putney muppets they have the SL tab to blow their own horns

Yes
wrote on 04-Mar-15 14:05

Unfortunately it is all bad news for the ravens. Getting a replacement for Gio is what has started the rut and not many players seem to be left from previous years squads. Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on whether the new coach brings in players.

Proof is in the Pudding
wrote on 05-Mar-15 11:08

Yes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Unfortunately it is all bad news for the ravens. > Getting a replacement for Gio is what has started > the rut and not many players seem to be left from > previous years squads. > Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on > whether the new coach brings in players. Proof is in the Pudding. When a long time servant of the club like Matt Roberts refuses to play for a coach it tell's you the effect the coach has had on the club. Say what you like, RAVEN's are a club destined for relegation. Good appointment old board. SL will suit the club's management, second rate.

Snoz
wrote on 05-Mar-15 17:09

Proof is in the Pudding Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Unfortunately it is all bad news for the > ravens. > > Getting a replacement for Gio is what has > started > > the rut and not many players seem to be left > from > > previous years squads. > > Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending > on > > whether the new coach brings in players. > > > Proof is in the Pudding. When a long time servant > of the club like Matt Roberts refuses to play for > a coach it tell's you the effect the coach has had > on the club. Say what you like, RAVEN's are a club > destined for relegation. Good appointment old > board. SL will suit the club's management, second > rate. You clearly know nothing about what is happening at Ravens. Feel free to continue to write Ravens off though.

Apricot
wrote on 06-Mar-15 01:05

People here have no idea about Ravens behind the scenes right now xD

Behind the Scenes
wrote on 06-Mar-15 12:06

Snoz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Proof is in the Pudding Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yes Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Unfortunately it is all bad news for the > > ravens. > > > Getting a replacement for Gio is what has > > started > > > the rut and not many players seem to be left > > from > > > previous years squads. > > > Could be a good thing or a bad thing > depending > > on > > > whether the new coach brings in players. > > > > > > Proof is in the Pudding. When a long time > servant > > of the club like Matt Roberts refuses to play > for > > a coach it tell's you the effect the coach has > had > > on the club. Say what you like, RAVEN's are a > club > > destined for relegation. Good appointment old > > board. SL will suit the club's management, > second > > rate. > > You clearly know nothing about what is happening > at Ravens. Feel free to continue to write Ravens > off though. The truth hurts. Since GIO left some young players like Chris Hatfield did not come back & of those that did a heap of them have subsequently left as they said quote "Coach has no people skills". Keep talking up how good they will be. Goals will be a real problem. One positive Oppy. Plenty of NEGATIVES outweigh his strong leadership.

No TROPHIES
wrote on 06-Mar-15 15:07

Behind the Scenes Wrote:

> Snoz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
Proof is in the Pudding Wrote:

> >

>
> >
-----
> >
> Yes Wrote:

> >
>
> >

>
> >

> >
> -----
> >
> >
Unfortunately it is all bad news for the
> >
> ravens.
> >
> >
Getting a replacement for Gio is what has
> >
> started
> >
> >
the rut and not many players seem to be
> left
> >
> from
> >
> >
previous years squads.
> >
> >
Could be a good thing or a bad thing
> >
depending
> >
> on
> >
> >
whether the new coach brings in players.
> >
>
> >
>
> >
> Proof is in the Pudding. When a long time
> >
servant
> >
> of the club like Matt Roberts refuses to play
> >
for
> >
> a coach it tell's you the effect the coach
> has
> >
had
> >
> on the club. Say what you like, RAVEN's are a
> >
club
> >
> destined for relegation. Good appointment old
> >
> board. SL will suit the club's management,
> >
second
> >
> rate.
> >

> >
You clearly know nothing about what is
> happening
> >
at Ravens. Feel free to continue to write
> Ravens
> >
off though.
>
>
> The truth hurts. Since GIO left some young players
> like Chris Hatfield did not come back & of those
> that did a heap of them have subsequently left as
> they said quote "Coach has no people skills". Keep
> talking up how good they will be. Goals will be a
> real problem. One positive Oppy. Plenty of
> NEGATIVES outweigh his strong leadership.

It appears it's back to the dark old days for the poor old ravens. No trophie in the Peel De'stadium cabinet in 50 years, then success over a couple of seasons with a coach who brought in a number of quality players. As is normally the case a new coach takes over and he attempts to do things his way and it takes time for the changes to be implemented. Do Ravens have that time? The answer is YES, in the SL in 2016. Walter needs to be a better coach than he was player for Ravens to survive as there roster appears weak and lacking depth. Time will tell.

Decflector Inspector
wrote on 06-Mar-15 16:01

I am not a ravens player or fan, but there seems to be a whole lot of chat about the teams down the bottom. Could this be a case that all the teams up the top (ie. Kenthurts, PHD, WPH and EEW) are not be up to scratch? I mean lets not forget, Kenthurts did loose to NERds, a team struggling to make the top 4 in SL. I smell something fishy on the forum...

Fish Monger
wrote on 06-Mar-15 16:07

You smelt it alright.When did Kenthurst play nerds?something fishy you might have your hand on it.

they didnt
wrote on 07-Mar-15 14:09

Fish Monger Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You smelt it alright.When did Kenthurst play > nerds?something fishy you might have your hand on > it. they never did... just your average keyboard warrior spreading crap as usual

Tiger Train
wrote on 17-Mar-15 04:04

A friend who used to play there said almost every player who's been there more then 2-3 years has now left. A lot of new faces and likely to struggle this year. Looking forward to 6 points and a souvlakyia at peel. TT.

Peel
wrote on 17-Mar-15 16:00

Tiger Train Wrote:

> A friend who used to play there said almost every
> player who's been there more then 2-3 years has
> now left.
>
> A lot of new faces and likely to struggle this
> year.
>
> Looking forward to 6 points and a souvlakyia at
> peel.
>
> TT.

De-railment at Peel. 2015 looking a long season. Avoiding relegation would be a big surprise.

old rav fan
wrote on 19-Mar-15 10:09

Peel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tiger Train Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A friend who used to play there said almost > every > > player who's been there more then 2-3 years has > > now left. > > > > A lot of new faces and likely to struggle this > > year. > > > > Looking forward to 6 points and a souvlakyia at > > peel. > > > > TT. > > De-railment at Peel. 2015 looking a long season. > Avoiding relegation would be a big surprise. how we looking in 2015 boys. Top 4 hopes?

RICK GIOMETTI
wrote on 19-Mar-15 23:09

Proof is in the Pudding Wrote:

> Yes Wrote:

> -----
> >
Unfortunately it is all bad news for the
> ravens.
> >
Getting a replacement for Gio is what has
> started
> >
the rut and not many players seem to be left
> from
> >
previous years squads.
> >
Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending
> on
> >
whether the new coach brings in players.
>
>
> Proof is in the Pudding. When a long time servant
> of the club like Matt Roberts refuses to play for
> a coach it tell's you the effect the coach has had
> on the club. Say what you like, RAVEN's are a club
> destined for relegation. Good appointment old
> board. SL will suit the club's management, second
> rate.

Thanks for your input "sour grape" rick gio

JH7
wrote on 20-Mar-15 10:05

I am not sure Matty left because of the coach - with work I do not think he could commit to training twice a week and opted to play all age with a few mates. Quite a change in personnel with Gio unfortunately moving on, but that transition has been in play for the last couple of years with the likes of Richo, Artie, Ross, Cheyne Miller, Matt Hunter, Aaron Kidd etc all moving on before last season. Will definitely be a tough year I think for the Ravens as the new coach tries to get a relatively new team to gel.

Morro
wrote on 24-Mar-15 04:09

Joel, are you making a comeback in goals for PL?

JH7
wrote on 24-Mar-15 10:00

I don't like to comment on speculation in the media - at present I am reserve goal keeper for the O35s and looking forward to the season ahead....I will leave the rest up to my agent and the club.

PhilMcPeel
wrote on 26-Mar-15 01:05

What's with all the Ravens bashing?
(expecting the usual keyboard warrior crap replies)

Yes, plenty of changes in players & coach but life goes on and many of the new guys coming in are Ravens juniors and young blokes that live locally which hopefully lays the foundations for the mid-long term.

We had a great run with Gio, and most of these guys are now kicking on in the O/35s (or saving Morro's pens in Joel's case)

Hoping the new guys put on as good a souvlakia BBQ as their elders and wish them well for the year ahead.

Petra
wrote on 26-Mar-15 17:05

PhilMcPeel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What's with all the Ravens bashing? > (expecting the usual keyboard warrior crap > replies) > > Yes, plenty of changes in players & coach but life > goes on and many of the new guys coming in are > Ravens juniors and young blokes that live locally > which hopefully lays the foundations for the > mid-long term. > > We had a great run with Gio, and most of these > guys are now kicking on in the O/35s (or saving > Morro's pens in Joel's case) > > Hoping the new guys put on as good a souvlakia BBQ > as their elders and wish them well for the year > ahead. Not looking very good from what I've seen at the trials PhilMcPeel. Hope they stay up but it will be a real struggle.

JLB
wrote on 29-Mar-15 17:02

Watch out for the wily Indian CM for ravens. Abundance of individual brilliance, will be a handful for plenty of teams this year

BBQ
wrote on 29-Mar-15 17:03

Will there even be souvlaki this season?
The club has lost its Greek culture and the bunch of kids in the squad couldn't even boil hot water.
Turmoil at ravens is an understatement

Chamomile
wrote on 29-Mar-15 17:06

BBQ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will there even be souvlaki this season? > The club has lost its Greek culture and the bunch > of kids in the squad couldn't even boil hot > water. > Turmoil at ravens is an understatement Can confirm young jake bass served me a room temp tea yesterday. Matches their on field woes which can only be described as flaccid

Author:
Subject: