Pre Season 6 a side tournament - 22 Feb 15

Views: 875 Posts: 9
Mitch
wrote on 13-Jan-15 00:06

For those of you that rate yourselves in both Open and over 35's, have a look at this tournament. Hurstville ZFC play in State League 2 and the teams are meant to be pretty handy. We'll be playing in the Over 35's comp. We won the Viking Challenge last year, so I reckon we are a good chance at taking this out. Unless of course we have some shit hot Over 35 team from the GHFA turn up. http://www.hurstvillezfc.com/#!2015-cup/c1rks PS- I'm not associated with the club or tournament. just playing. See the link for more info.

Peter Miller
wrote on 13-Jan-15 11:06

Mitch Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those of you that rate yourselves in both Open > and over 35's, have a look at this tournament. > Hurstville ZFC play in State League 2 and the > teams are meant to be pretty handy. > > We'll be playing in the Over 35's comp. We won > the Viking Challenge last year, so I reckon we are > a good chance at taking this out. Unless of > course we have some shit hot Over 35 team from the > GHFA turn up. > > http://www.hurstvillezfc.com/#!2015-cup/c1rks > > PS- I'm not associated with the club or > tournament. just playing. See the link for more > info. I would say that Pennant Hills may be hard to beat in that competition if Boz and a couple of others have come across. I remember Boz as being a real quick attacker who played PL for Pennant Hills about 10 years ago. Scored lots of goals.

Fruit
wrote on 13-Jan-15 13:07

I will not speak for the entire team, but know I speak for 98% of them saying "We couldnt be arsed." Spending a whole day in panel beating land - jumping over flying studs every 2 seconds - listening to refs being contantly being abused (c'mon fark ref, sh1t fookin crazy shit ref) in an all too familiar foreign tongue - probably on a stinking hot 38 degree mid-FEB day. Couldn't think of anything worse - it's the off-season and the most we would endure is a trial game - under duress - not an all day affair. That said Mitch, Chris' brother Rick would be keen. He is a great target man for us - shame we ran outta bullets!

Mal
wrote on 13-Jan-15 18:07

Will Rick make the cut at penno 35/1's this season with Boz and his brother lining up to take over up front.

Mitch
wrote on 13-Jan-15 23:02

Fruit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> I will not speak for the entire team, but know I
> speak for 98% of them saying "We couldnt be
> arsed."
>
> Spending a whole day in panel beating land -
> jumping over flying studs every 2 seconds -
> listening to refs being contantly being abused
> (c'mon fark ref, sh1t fookin crazy shit ref) in an
> all too familiar foreign tongue - probably on a
> stinking hot 38 degree mid-FEB day.
>
> Couldn't think of anything worse - it's the
> off-season and the most we would endure is a trial
> game - under duress - not an all day affair.
>
> That said Mitch, Chris' brother Rick would be
> keen. He is a great target man for us - shame we
> ran outta bullets!

You sound a bit bitter Fruit....

I love 6 a side and I would be happy to play a winter comp if it existed. I can't think of anything better than feasting on wog food, having cold drinks and playing short games with my mates.

As for the bitchin' n' flying studs, there's plenty of that in the GHFA O35's. Penno have a few commandos of their own if I remember correctly. At least Chris' brother apologises after he hits you.......

Hey Mal, which team are you playing in this year? Surely, the midfield is now chock a block full of diamond players.

THE ROCK
wrote on 14-Jan-15 00:09

is every thread on this forum about 35s? haha

kiwi
wrote on 14-Jan-15 06:00

Rock
Its only rick and fruit under different names talking to each other
Lol
mitch
Take easy on the wog food. Your showing your mentality.

Fruit
wrote on 14-Jan-15 09:07

lol Kiwi - you are right ..... very bitter. When you are 46 you will be the same (if not already?) Some of us (incl me) play 6-a-side on a weeknight - no issue there, but Sundays are mine in summer time

Concept
wrote on 17-Jan-15 09:03

Looks a great concept.

Author:
Subject: