Rivalry

Views: 5240 Posts: 31
Peacemaker
wrote on 05-Apr-06 16:03

If theres a game to get to this weekend its the Normo v woods game. There is a massive rivalry between these two teams and they hate each other. I must say however st andrews will win the game comfortably but expect a few altercations as per usual between these two

Wooda
wrote on 05-Apr-06 16:04

Woods to win by 3

Shooter McGavin
wrote on 05-Apr-06 17:00

Woodies to win by 4 in a high scoring game

Happy Gilmore
wrote on 05-Apr-06 17:02

Somebodies closer! I think it will be more like 2-1 normo

Eagle
wrote on 05-Apr-06 18:06

Woods by 3? I dont think so. Maybe more like 1-1 or 1-0 Normo

Juice
wrote on 05-Apr-06 21:07

Massive rivalry... you're joking aren't you. Nor has been in the PL for only what... their 4th season after being in lower grades wilderness for a long time. It's the same when Nor plays WPH. They always taint it as traditional rivals (Nor website in the past). Please, your traditional rival is THL, like ours is PEN. Your traditional rivalry exists with THL not STA, WPH, PEN or anyone else north of Epping. Incidently my pick is STA by 2!

LiamW
wrote on 06-Apr-06 08:05

Whats behind the ill feeling?

Mickey Rooney
wrote on 06-Apr-06 08:08

Your humour

Boss
wrote on 06-Apr-06 09:02

Go back to work liam

Clueless
wrote on 06-Apr-06 09:02

Juice you obviously havent been at a Normo v saints game the past two years so i suggest you button it unless you have knowledge on the topic

LiamW
wrote on 06-Apr-06 09:04

I am the boss!!

Blatter
wrote on 06-Apr-06 09:08

doesn suprise me that Juice has no idea about the rivilary, West penno need to look at other teams apart from themselves to see what is happening and clearly they dont. the world revolves around campbell park... For the rest of us on planet earth, i think in the last 3 years Woody's Vs Normo has been a very fiery fixture and alot of on field rivialry has occured. i wouldnt put it past normo though, no one gave them a chance over Penno and they came away with the 6 at penno. Thats not a mean feat. Woodies are the team to beat though, massive year last year.

Sepp Bladder
wrote on 06-Apr-06 10:01

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST !!!!

All Age
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:02

Football Rivalry is about the past, usually goes a little deeper than a few players want to get one up on someone. I thought most people would have agreed that rivalry is about club vs club not players vs players..... Kinda like Epping Eastwood and Nth Epping having the majority of players having gone to the same school and lived in the same neighbourhood. What Juice is saying is that once the current players leave Normo and Saints will there still be a rivalry, where as Penno and West Penno like others will always have a specific desire.

Juice
wrote on 06-Apr-06 18:04

Thank you All Age for pointing out the bloody obvious. Welcome back to planet Earth Blatter!!!!!

All Age
wrote on 07-Apr-06 08:02

Chelsea Vs Barcelona is a bit of a rivalry because one club has the biggest players and the other the biggest wallet.... but it is still a Club Vs Club rivalry, rather than any player rivalry that currently exists bewteen Normo and Woodies. What PL game isn't massive, they are all for the same points and every player trys his butt off in each game.

blatter
wrote on 07-Apr-06 08:06

Is chelsea Vs Barcelona a rivilary? when did this rivilary start? there are many reasons for there to be a big rivilary between two teams, the last 3 years have been massive games Normo Vs woodies and this year will be no different. It is a short rivilary but a rivilary all the same, just like the aforementioned. Local derby's are under a diffirent category. i think a clean sheet vs the woods has given juice a big head, not like its big enough already.

Wood
wrote on 07-Apr-06 09:00

I know, Chelsea and Normo are sh#t.

rollingdinho
wrote on 07-Apr-06 09:08

Chelsea, Barcelona,,,,, Normo,, woodies?? together in the same sentence made me repulsed.

Obvious
wrote on 07-Apr-06 10:06

all age, the rivilary isnt because of the money or the players its because the encounters that they have had in the last 2 years have been mammoth. controversy, send offs and good football. when you are involved in such a highly competitive and comabtive game against the same opposition, it becomes a rivilary because you're expecting a huge game. maybe you dont get that in all age? thats why you probably dont understand. wood has put a burden on the woodies tomorrow, i cant wait to hear the result.

The grey area
wrote on 07-Apr-06 10:07

Wood... beat them tomorrow and then call them shit. It would be embarrrasing for you if Normo beat you after making a comment like that. The only game im confident in tipping is Penno to beat Ravens, all others could go either way.

Wood
wrote on 07-Apr-06 11:04

Ha ha, listen to the response its just a joke! ONe i dont play for the Woods just support them and its just a bit of banter. I apologies to all Woody and Chelsea players for putting a 'burden' on your seasons. Sh#t i probably just cost Man United any chance of clawing back the EPL Trophy as well.....calm down lads.

What?
wrote on 07-Apr-06 12:02

did you mean to say "leap frog"

Batts
wrote on 07-Apr-06 12:08

No Jay Jay it wasn't me, but I am going to the Easter Show on Sunday. Thanks for the heads up. Wood, one of the best baits I have read on this site or WPH's old one. GOLD> You can empty the nets now.

Jay Jay
wrote on 07-Apr-06 12:08

oooooooh, now you've done it... now i know you're lying wood because no one supports the woodies....hahahaahahahahahhaahahahah you're really a NER supporter deflecting, or are you batts? or that skinny dude from roselea that likes fudge? i tell you whats overrated, the easter show. i would rather play naked leap from with jennifer hawkins. over.

Jay Jay
wrote on 07-Apr-06 12:09

sorry mate, i did mean leap frog. i must have got too excited just thinking about it. any grown man would. but i also think you're overrated now too. over.

Jay Jay
wrote on 07-Apr-06 13:07

batts you are a deadset clock, as soon as someone even mutters your name on this your on it like a rash. what is it you actually do? anyway, i like the haircut mate, but like most things, overrated. out.

Batts
wrote on 07-Apr-06 14:03

I'm a clock ?? Who mentioned my name in the first place ?? Are you fixated or what ?? Scary really. Tick tock

jay jay jay
wrote on 07-Apr-06 14:05

that post was overrated

Batts
wrote on 07-Apr-06 14:06

Your not rated full stop

Jay jay
wrote on 07-Apr-06 14:08

why so much anger Batts? cant we all just get along and have a nice chatter about the ins and outs (closet, batts) of the GHFA premier league?. surely not everyone out there is looking to be the the Rocky of the forums, and just want to talk football. batts, lets be friends, that way i can say i've done my bit for the community.

Author:
Subject: