KFC..?

Views: 2657 Posts: 17
Juice
wrote on 05-Apr-06 09:05

Who cares?... They were a bunch of 'panel beaters'

chookie
wrote on 05-Apr-06 09:06

what happened to KFC..? i thought they were relegated to play in the Super league..? anyone knows..?

chookie
wrote on 05-Apr-06 10:01

i just want to watch them play ararat FC

chookie

unsafe..? yeah i would agree with that for more ways than 1. okay i will settle for the next best match than - NRM vs STA (P/L) or WPH v THL? the first match is bound to be competitive but for that extra drama - i will travel to Campbell to see the extra biff.

Big Nev

They are in Super League, but didnt play on the weekend as the ref deemed Ryde no.3 unsafe for play.

Juice
wrote on 05-Apr-06 11:09

Extra biff?.. what are you expecting chookie or more to the point what have you heard? THL aren't a physical team and our lot are not exactly bare knuckle fighters.

wrote on 05-Apr-06 15:04

Looking forward to the game between NRM and STA.. But as written above the THL V WPH game will go off like a cracker thats for sure...

Thorn Hills
wrote on 05-Apr-06 20:00

The WPH v THL game will be an interesting one all right but I think WPH should have the edge, especially at Campbell. I think the WPH first team is still quite strong, especially at the back, and getting a shot in will be a challenge for Thorns. WPH seem to have lost a bit of their strike power though and if THL can hold out here and then work the ball back quickly, they certainly have some speedsters who can cause WPH troble. I think THL 2nd team will be much stronger than the WPH minows.

Neo
wrote on 06-Apr-06 08:02

Dont count out Wph Stiffs heard on the grape vine their new strikers are looking good. Will be interesting to see if the Thorns can prove last week wasnt just a fluke against NERds. First grade will be the one to watch this week with everyone having written WPH off for the first game then walking away with a draw at the woodom, and Thorns taking a 2 nil victory against NERds with WPH at home on the wider pitch of Campbell park surely this leaves both Wph sides as clear favorites.

Phantom.
wrote on 06-Apr-06 08:05

I wouldnt be calling a draw at eastwood anything that great... WPH stiffs who are there strikers? i would be keen to guess Pat?? or maybe this new Ben kid?? Either way it is the battle of the young sides this weekend. WPH to win for sure i would say.........hmmmmmm.........

Phantom.
wrote on 06-Apr-06 10:02

Because both teams are not as strong this year thats how..

Mr Freckle
wrote on 06-Apr-06 10:05

Who gives a rat's freckle about WPH's reserve grade ?? Or anyones Reserve grade for that matter. Not that they are not important to their own squad, but do many people on this site really care. They are more interested how they pulled off a deserved draw with the self titled world beaters, with a team full of newbies.

timhill2000
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:08

Neo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thorns taking a 2 nil victory against NERds with WPH at > home on the wider pitch of Campbell park surely > this leaves both Wph sides as clear favorites. umm NER won 2 nil not Thornleigh.

Mr Freckle
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:09

Not as strong you say, but they achieved something they couldn't last year with a supposed super strength squad.

Ben
wrote on 06-Apr-06 20:08

Freckle, I assume your last post was about WPH. First game in 2005 against STA was a 2-2 draw. Second game was the famous headlock incident (3-2 STA) and the semi was 1-0 to WPH and the one that counts went to STA 3-0. (i think ths is correct) So, i don't understand your post about achieving something this year that was not achieved last year, if your comments were directed at the WPH team and the result against STA?

Ben
wrote on 06-Apr-06 21:06

If Juice is still suffering the side effects of his "vitamin" supplements from the early 90's, then maybe!!! I think it is fair to say that it is a long season and one draw in the first round does not remove you from the spotlight, regardless of who it is against. It was a good start, but you also need to have a good middle and an even better end to a season to call it a success. No one is celebrating just yet. Go the Lions!

Mr Freckle
wrote on 06-Apr-06 21:09

On re-reading the post it doesn't sound how I intended it. No malice tho. All I meant is that readers would rather talk about WPH 1st grade and the wonderful feat of drawing with St.A's with half a team of new players. This feat is admirable. I didn't mean to disrespect the 2005 squad. A draw in the corresponding game last year you say. Hmm can we look forward to another infamous Headlock situation again in the 2nd round ???? Please...

Author:
Subject: