ng no more

Views: 1444 Posts: 25
in the know
wrote on 28-Nov-14 10:03

rumors on the street is nate gray has been sacked at kenthurst. apparently defense is been revamped.

Spy
wrote on 28-Nov-14 12:07

Chit chat indicates he is in preliminary discussions with Thunder and plans to get them promoted before retiring!

normo
wrote on 28-Nov-14 13:03

he will coach normo. u have heard it hear first.

Ned.
wrote on 01-Dec-14 12:01

New coach setting the pace early and some players don't like it.Expect 2 or 3 more to leave.

another shock
wrote on 01-Dec-14 12:04

Heard that Jared Muggleton is joining the bushpigs which will mean two puma centebacks at the bushpigs next season. Any truth in this rumour?? Another puma leaving for a rival club straight after last year (Danny Wright). Pumas must be fuming....

BlunderEagle
wrote on 01-Dec-14 14:00

>Chit chat indicates he is in preliminary discussions with Thunder and plans to get them promoted before retiring! No way

rumour mil
wrote on 01-Dec-14 18:00

my guess is gray has left on mutal terms. Possibly because kenthurst has a new coach?

Who
wrote on 01-Dec-14 20:07

Who is the new coach at kent?

Won it all
wrote on 01-Dec-14 21:03

A lot of old boys at Kenthurst hanging them up. That's what happens after a double double.

Still not champs
wrote on 02-Dec-14 00:02

Haha yeah they won everything.... Including the runners up trophy in champs Of champs. Mind you they were conplerley out classed and out played. Anyone who watched that game would know that they were lucky not to loose by 4-5! But your right. They have won everything and have nothing to play for....

reality
wrote on 02-Dec-14 08:06

I think you'll find a lot of the old boys he was talking about are in ressies and have indeed won all there is in that grade. Firsts to be stronger again in 2015 and push to equal EEWs record of 4 premierships in a row.

Equal already
wrote on 02-Dec-14 19:05

Eew only won 3 in a row. Only 3 teams have done it. YMCA, eew and ken.

Ron
wrote on 03-Dec-14 05:01

Still not champs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha yeah they won everything.... > > Including the runners up trophy in champs > Of champs. Mind you they were conplerley out > classed and out played. > > Anyone who watched that game would know that they > were lucky not to loose by 4-5! > > But your right. They have won everything and have > nothing to play for.... When did anyone say that ken has won everything. Simply said that after winning a 3rd straight premiership in firsts and a second in ressies along with a double double a lot of the guys probably won't be back next year. As for the CoC yea true we probably were outplayed by a younger team on a hot day at the end of a long season that ends in late october as opposed to early August when yours finished.

wrote on 03-Dec-14 07:09

Ron Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > As for the CoC yea true we probably were outplayed > by a younger team on a hot day at the end of a long > season that ends in late october as opposed to early > August when yours finished. all i hear is excuses also equal already eew won 5 straight gfs and also won champion of champions twice cant really call that equal

Juice
wrote on 03-Dec-14 08:01

lol ok Mr Tall Poppy Syndrome, no one referenced EEW's past successes bar, and I quote "...push to equal EEWs record of 4 premierships in a row" (which was four posts earlier to save you trawling). No reference to GFs or CoCs or Amateur Cups etc etc so stop stiring the pot ;) I was fortunate enough, or should I say unfortunate enough, to play at the back end of the EEW team of the 90s when they weren't as strong as the early 90s and I can tell you those late 90s EEW teams were fantastic so I can only imagine just how strong the earlier 90s EEW teams were. WPH was strong back then making the four numerous times and in one of those seasons EEW dusted us up 7-1 at Boronia and 4-1 at Campbell so I can vouch to that team's ability and like I said, can only imagine what the early 90s teams were like. No one is comparing KEN to EEW of any generation other than a simple reference to premierships in a row as far as I can read and that is it. EEW and YMCA are still the yard sticks for historical results and will be for a long time. They're the Rabbitohs and Dragons of the GHFA PL.

Great read
wrote on 03-Dec-14 09:01

Well put Juice. Always a good read.

sure isn't equal
wrote on 03-Dec-14 11:03

eew - 8 team comp era

bushieboy
wrote on 03-Dec-14 11:05

The KEN boys want the Pumas keeper for 2015..

wrote on 03-Dec-14 12:07

none of that was mentioned as ken know that they wont ever get close to equalling it

true dominance
wrote on 03-Dec-14 13:09

In which year did EEW or YMCA win the double double?

Juice
wrote on 03-Dec-14 14:05

I would hazard a guess between 93-95 where they won three consecutive 1st grade premierships and three consecutive championships... they also won two CoCs and one Amateur Cup in the same period. They would also win championships in 95 and 96. Wowsers! Mind you YMCA won 8 of 11 1st grade premierships in the 80s decade including three CoCs and two Amateur Cups... didn't do so well in making/winning GFs though with only three championships. The Y won premiership and championships in 80, 84 and 90 so maybe one of those years for the double double.

interesting
wrote on 03-Dec-14 17:04

sitting back and reading this... I can see a few common themes. Mcguiness(good beer actually) is going to retire because he can't play all of his friends anymore? If all of the kenthurst ressies retire, who is going to play in their ressies? Very interesting. And Juice, congratulations... it took you 2 years to work out you were never going to beat kenthurst with WPH then you moved! Much better than the other WPH donkeys who remain.

Juice
wrote on 03-Dec-14 18:06

Actually wph did beat ken on two occasion with a draw or two thrown in. Now if you said it took that long to realise WPH were never going to beat PEN then you might be on to something lol... But alas that's not a why I changed.

facts
wrote on 04-Dec-14 11:04

1. McGuinness is not retiring. 2. Every year Kenthurst strengthen first grade, pushing a few first graders back to ressies and keeping the squad depth strong. 3. Every year a few older ressies retire or go back to All Age Next year is no different.

kiwi
wrote on 04-Dec-14 12:08

Why justify anything about age or players Your results speak for themselves.

Author:
Subject: