3 x over 35's powerhouses

Views: 999 Posts: 15
Cox Plate Time
wrote on 26-Oct-14 08:04

Three of the big guns for 2015 over 35's were all seen at the Cox plate carnival. Penno, Ravens and the STA AA1 team that is making the step up to Over 35's should make the comp a beauty. Add into the equation redbacks and hunters hill and Epping Eastwood returning and 6 quality sides should fight out the title. Penno clear favourites with recruitment of Boz and Chris gio who was seen at the races being handed his new strip.

Hot mail
wrote on 26-Oct-14 13:04

word is juice isn't far off a move to pen as well.

Why not
wrote on 26-Oct-14 18:04

He may as well. Won everything there was to win in ressies this year.

Respect
wrote on 26-Oct-14 18:05

Why not Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He may as well. Won everything there was to win in > ressies this year. Still one of the better gks in the competition at 40.

JH7
wrote on 27-Oct-14 10:05

Just confirming Penno approached me before Juice about standing in between the sticks for them next year.....

Fruit
wrote on 27-Oct-14 15:07

Yes, it was good to see 3 old fellas teams down at the Valley on Saturday, but probably more enlightening, was the unanimous dislike for 'Chris' brother'. Call it ignorance, but I thought it was just the PEN boys that thought 'Chris' brother' was a serial pest. Not the case! Mind you, it was rather amusing seeing a 57 year old in a 12 yr old girl's cardigan, continually run back and forth between the 3 teams, annoying all and sundry with his incessant gibber. In fact, such was his persistence, the oldest Gio brother started a heated bidding war for his services in season 2015. At last count, the RAV boys offered us $4K to take him, STA said they'd match that but they would need it confirmed in writing, but I think we had the last say on the negotiation, offering either of them $10K to take him next year. A bargain in the grand scheme of things.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 27-Oct-14 17:04

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, it was good to see 3 old fellas teams down at > the Valley on Saturday, but probably more > enlightening, was the unanimous dislike for > 'Chris' brother'. Call it ignorance, but I thought > it was just the PEN boys that thought 'Chris' > brother' was a serial pest. Not the case! > > Mind you, it was rather amusing seeing a 57 year > old in a 12 yr old girl's cardigan, continually > run back and forth between the 3 teams, annoying > all and sundry with his incessant gibber. In fact, > such was his persistence, the oldest Gio brother > started a heated bidding war for his services in > season 2015. > > At last count, the RAV boys offered us $4K to take > him, STA said they'd match that but they would > need it confirmed in writing, but I think we had > the last say on the negotiation, offering either > of them $10K to take him next year. A bargain in > the grand scheme of things. Love you too Nathan's brother.

L00p
wrote on 27-Oct-14 18:02

Why would Chris Gio play for PEN and not RAV..??

JH7
wrote on 29-Oct-14 10:08

He has strong ties to his brother Richo, plus he wants to test himself against one of the premier keepers in the O35s comp.....that said I will be seeing if he wants to join the Ravens rather than having to carry his brother at Penno.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 29-Oct-14 11:06

JH7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He has strong ties to his brother Richo, plus he > wants to test himself against one of the premier > keepers in the O35s comp.....that said I will be > seeing if he wants to join the Ravens rather than > having to carry his brother at Penno. We have signed him purely to take penalties as Morro has lost confidence after last year at Peel.

4x over 35s powerhouse.
wrote on 29-Oct-14 15:08

Add the Rangers to that list.Can't wait to come across the Gio's again.

Panther Man
wrote on 07-Nov-14 13:01

St.Andrews dont have an AA1 team. They played AA2 this season an were pretty smart. Be very surprised if they went to o/35s

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 07-Nov-14 14:03

Panther Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > St.Andrews dont have an AA1 team. > They played AA2 this season an were pretty smart. > Be very surprised if they went to o/35s I spoke to Mick from STA at Moonee Valley on Cox plate day and he confirmed with a touch of confidence that they were taking our silverware in 2015. Our recruiting drive has begun to compete with the younger legs that they have to offer.

kiwi
wrote on 07-Nov-14 15:08

Come do preseason with us your old bastard

Funny stuff
wrote on 13-Dec-14 23:00

Ravens a powerhouse.....classic comedy

Author:
Subject: