unbeatables

Views: 1019 Posts: 15
curious cat
wrote on 18-Sep-14 17:01

just wondering has any team ever gone through undefeated in firsts havnt been around too long but was just curious as kenthurst was pretty close this year with only 2 1 nil defeats

History
wrote on 18-Sep-14 18:06

Epping Eastwood 1994 -13 wins and one draw. I think the YMCA went through undefeated in 1980 or 1982.

Pa
wrote on 18-Sep-14 20:08

Penno were undefeated during the regular season in 2000 I think. I know we lost a semi to St Andrews that year, but pretty sure we won or drew everything else.

Juice
wrote on 19-Sep-14 08:03

I'll take your word on that one Pa, I don't recall any teams in my time with NER closest in 2002 losing their last game of the season only. But I could be wrong on PEN. History is right though with EEW and Y.

JH7
wrote on 19-Sep-14 09:01

Yes Juice, they wore fake moustaches in their final game against YMCA - YMCA won that game which saw the Ravens relegated....

Hally
wrote on 19-Sep-14 14:06

Correct Juice, NER lost last game against the Y at the Y 1-0 in 2002.

Pa
wrote on 21-Sep-14 19:05

Hey Juice, I asked Morro today at the COC game (we were junk btw) and he was of the same opinion as me that we didn't lose a game in 2000 until the semi's. Jimmy Malins or Fruit could confirm this if they're watching?

Juice
wrote on 21-Sep-14 20:05

Fair enough. I wasn't sure. I just remember ner mainly because they didn't have any draws, all wins until their last game. Bummer, did you boys go down today?

Crap
wrote on 21-Sep-14 20:09

Any team can go and draw all games. Disappointing for pennant hills to lose their first game in the champs of champs. Should have done better. Pretty embaressing going out so early.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 21-Sep-14 21:05

Crap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any team can go and draw all games. > Disappointing for pennant hills to lose their > first game in the champs of champs. > Should have done better. > Pretty embaressing going out so early. We were awful. The team we played would struggle to make the top 4 in our comp.

Results 2000
wrote on 22-Sep-14 10:01

Most GHFA history between 1994 & 2010 is stored on iSports website, and shows that in the 2000 season PEN had a 1-0 loss at Eastwood Oval in round 12. They finished the season with 9 wins, 4 draws, and 1 loss = 31 points after drawing 3 of their first 4 matches. EEW in 1994 went 13 wins, 1 draw and no losses for 40 points, and no one has gone undefeated since then. (0-0 draw in final round away to Epping Y) http://www.isport.australis.net.au/soccer/ghfa/hgthome.cl?kRM9UFQ9dGYmWT0yMDAwJkM9UEVOJkc9UEwxJkQ9Rmlyc3QmUj0xNCZEUD0xNi0wNy0wMCAg http://www.isport.australis.net.au/soccer/ghfa/hgthome.cl?PT=tf&Y=1994&C=EEW&G=PL1&D=First&R=14&DP=16-07-94

Scored again
wrote on 22-Sep-14 10:06

Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Crap Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Any team can go and draw all games. > > Disappointing for pennant hills to lose their > > first game in the champs of champs. > > Should have done better. > > Pretty embaressing going out so early. > > > We were awful. The team we played would struggle > to make the top 4 in our comp. Did Kurt score another long range goal

Duck
wrote on 22-Sep-14 15:07

Crap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any team can go and draw all games. > Disappointing for pennant hills to lose their > first game in the champs of champs. > Should have done better. > Pretty embaressing going out so early. Embaressing was exactly the best way to describe the performance!

Pa
wrote on 22-Sep-14 18:05

I stand corrected Results 2000. We obviously did lose one that year. I've been living a lie for over a decade claiming glory we never achieved. This is what happens when you are old.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 29-Sep-14 13:02

Duck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Crap Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Any team can go and draw all games. > > Disappointing for pennant hills to lose their > > first game in the champs of champs. > > Should have done better. > > Pretty embaressing going out so early. > > > Embaressing was exactly the best way to describe > the performance! Even worse is that they won 2-1 on the weekend against the team that knocked out Spiders team of ex-Socceroo players.

Author:
Subject: