Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest?

Views: 1159 Posts: 12
Top Gun
wrote on 09-Sep-14 17:05

Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the UK. Is there a better CV?

Will
wrote on 09-Sep-14 18:03

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/14/1087065086111.html http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/911-Youth-football/5642-teenage-anguish-leeds

Fullonm
wrote on 09-Sep-14 18:04

Top Gun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > UK. Is there a better CV? Yet cannot make a first grade GHFA team. haha

NT
wrote on 09-Sep-14 23:01

Fullonm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Top Gun Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > > UK. Is there a better CV? > > Yet cannot make a first grade GHFA team. haha thought he played for Northern Tigers.. not ghfa

Reality Check
wrote on 10-Sep-14 10:06

Top Gun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > UK. Is there a better CV? The question " Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? " - The answer to this question is NO. He was a reasonable player at Ravens but missed FAR more chances than he converted. In fact I am prepared to say he was not even in the top 6 players at Ravens over the last few years. Names like Ross K, Mat R, A Maca, Gio Brothers, Ope, Millar brothers and A Kid were all more influential than him. CV's are good but you are only as good as what you bring to the table.

Off the Raidar
wrote on 10-Sep-14 11:04

Top Gun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > UK. Is there a better CV? The most OVER-RATED player to ever play in the GHFA. If that was the heading I would have replied with a big YES. Played as a striker and scored about 11 goals in three years. I'm prepared to say he would have missed 18 clear chances (Average of 3 a game sounds about right) in the 6 times we played against him in that peiod of 3 years. A Kidd made him look ok.

Not a forward
wrote on 10-Sep-14 13:08

Off the Raidar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Top Gun Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > > UK. Is there a better CV? > > > The most OVER-RATED player to ever play in the > GHFA. If that was the heading I would have replied > with a big YES. Played as a striker and scored > about 11 goals in three years. I'm prepared to say > he would have missed 18 clear chances (Average of > 3 a game sounds about right) in the 6 times we > played against him in that peiod of 3 years. A > Kidd made him look ok. Average forward better defender

Huntermania
wrote on 10-Sep-14 16:02

Not a forward Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Off the Raidar Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Top Gun Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? > Played > > > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in > the > > > UK. Is there a better CV? > > > > > > The most OVER-RATED player to ever play in the > > GHFA. If that was the heading I would have > replied > > with a big YES. Played as a striker and scored > > about 11 goals in three years. I'm prepared to > say > > he would have missed 18 clear chances (Average > of > > 3 a game sounds about right) in the 6 times we > > played against him in that peiod of 3 years. A > > Kidd made him look ok. > > > Average forward better defender Ok player but top bloke.

Old Raven
wrote on 10-Sep-14 17:04

Top Gun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > UK. Is there a better CV? Super player.

overtaken
wrote on 11-Sep-14 12:00

Off the Raidar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Top Gun Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest? Played > > NSL, young socceroo and played for Leeds in the > > UK. Is there a better CV? > > > The most OVER-RATED player to ever play in the > GHFA. If that was the heading I would have replied > with a big YES. Played as a striker and scored > about 11 goals in three years. I'm prepared to say > he would have missed 18 clear chances (Average of > 3 a game sounds about right) in the 6 times we > played against him in that peiod of 3 years. A > Kidd made him look ok. i think this title should be given to chulina

Will fan
wrote on 12-Sep-14 11:05

Will Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/14/10870650 > 86111.html > > http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/911-Youth-footbal > l/5642-teenage-anguish-leeds What have those links got to do with the question "Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest?" Surely Will you are not going to embarrass yourself and answer the question with a YES.

Ex Player
wrote on 12-Sep-14 14:03

Will fan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/14/10870650 > > > 86111.html > > > > > http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/911-Youth-footbal > > > l/5642-teenage-anguish-leeds > > > What have those links got to do with the question > > "Was Matthew Hunter one of GHFA's finest?" > > Surely Will you are not going to embarrass > yourself and answer the question with a YES. Good to see Will sticking up for his ex team mate.

Author:
Subject: