New GHFA Website

Views: 1693 Posts: 18
Big News
wrote on 06-Sep-14 21:09

GHFA have launched their new website. The premier league historical tables is a good initiative, goes back to 77 but missing winners of some of the titles around that time and into early 80s. No doubt they'll get filled in over time as clubs or old blokes come forward with information. Hopefully this is a start of some further GHFA upgrades. Christie Park being the most notable need. Synthetic surface desperately needed. And surely the women and mens need to be together under the one association.

NWSWF
wrote on 07-Sep-14 12:09

Big News Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GHFA have launched their new website. > > The premier league historical tables is a good > initiative, goes back to 77 but missing winners of > some of the titles around that time and into early > 80s. No doubt they'll get filled in over time as > clubs or old blokes come forward with information. > > > Hopefully this is a start of some further GHFA > upgrades. Christie Park being the most notable > need. Synthetic surface desperately needed. And > surely the women and mens need to be together > under the one association. The women's association won't agree to it because of something that happened 30 years ago

30 years?
wrote on 07-Sep-14 14:02

what happen?

Incorrect
wrote on 07-Sep-14 17:08

The PL honour board says PHD won the championship last year. They lost 4-2 to Kenthurst.

Big News
wrote on 07-Sep-14 18:08

NWSWF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big News Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > GHFA have launched their new website. > > > > The premier league historical tables is a good > > initiative, goes back to 77 but missing winners > of > > some of the titles around that time and into > early > > 80s. No doubt they'll get filled in over time > as > > clubs or old blokes come forward with > information. > > > > > > Hopefully this is a start of some further GHFA > > upgrades. Christie Park being the most notable > > need. Synthetic surface desperately needed. And > > surely the women and mens need to be together > > under the one association. > > The women's association won't agree to it because > of something that happened 30 years ago You'd hope those peoples are no longer involved. If they are they need to move on.

Admin
wrote on 07-Sep-14 18:08

Will the GHFA site have a forum?

Hats off
wrote on 07-Sep-14 19:03

Well done, the refresh looks great.

Jethro
wrote on 07-Sep-14 22:07

I've got more information on the Forum's League Honours Tab which was compiled from my records plus those of other contributors. GHFA have the benefit of their annual year book which wasn't made available to me.

James Blunder
wrote on 08-Sep-14 00:06

Ohh a JoomLa site..

Jim Bob
wrote on 08-Sep-14 12:02

Jethro Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I've got more information on the Forum's League > Honours Tab which was compiled from my records > plus those of other contributors. > > GHFA have the benefit of their annual year book > which wasn't made available to me. Did you even ask for the books, I know when researching for our club history I asked to go through the books and they were more than happy for me to use them and get the info I needed.

Kurt
wrote on 09-Sep-14 14:07

Back to my post lads.

Guess Who
wrote on 10-Sep-14 08:02

All this talk of which club has been most successful / the best makes for some interesting reading into those tables that date back to '77. Of all the GHFA clubs only one single club has managed to field a top division squad every year for almost 40 seasons without dropping to Div 2 or Super League once. Now that's success if you ask me.

Juice
wrote on 10-Sep-14 08:06

Survival in the top division is a measure of success?

hmmm
wrote on 10-Sep-14 11:04

Seeing as though it's Penno he's referring to I'd say they aren't just "surviving" don't you think Juice? They've been one of the better teams for a while now. Maybe it is a correct measure of success

Kurtly
wrote on 10-Sep-14 11:06

Only one club and that's Penno.

Juice
wrote on 10-Sep-14 11:09

Staying in PL is a measure of achievement more so than success - the reference was to that, rather than PEN's recent successes ie premierships, championships and Cup. But you are correct they have had success in recent seasons. "Guess who" didn't talk about that though, referring to simply not being relegated. Not being relegated is hardly a success of sorts and certainly not when you look at the accomplishments of the team he's referring to in recent times. But it is an achievement. Well done.

Bring back Morro
wrote on 10-Sep-14 17:01

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Staying in PL is a measure of achievement more so > than success - the reference was to that, rather > than PEN's recent successes ie premierships, > championships and Cup. But you are correct they > have had success in recent seasons. "Guess who" > didn't talk about that though, referring to simply > not being relegated. Not being relegated is hardly > a success of sorts and certainly not when you look > at the accomplishments of the team he's referring > to in recent times. > > But it is an achievement. Well done. Morro to coach PEN PL in 2015.

Jethro
wrote on 10-Sep-14 22:08

They weren't interested once it was Forum related

Author:
Subject: