Soggy Christie
wrote on 30-Aug-14 10:01

GF's have been moved to tomorrow

What a joke
wrote on 30-Aug-14 10:03

Ghfa need to get their act together

BOM
wrote on 30-Aug-14 10:07

Surely it will just get wetter... Soak up all the rain today. It'll be just as bad tomoro. Might as well trash it today if it's going to get trashed.

dumb
wrote on 30-Aug-14 10:08

cause the pitch will be so much better tomorrow. What Numb Nuts. great call at 10.30 on the day. SL ressies would already be there warming up.

Juice
wrote on 30-Aug-14 10:09

Mmm tomorrow the pitch will be so much better.

Joke
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:00

Can't give players 24hours notice to play a Grand a Final. They'll have to play it next Saturday.

Soggy Christie
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:01

Can't play grand finals next weekend because all the bread rolls at the BBQ will be stale by then.

for kiwi
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:03

The GHFA are trying to play the game before kiwi goes away. Make sure kiwi is ok GHFA and don't worry about the rest of the associations clubs. The game should we played next Saturday. Oh sorry they can't cause kiwi is going away. Crap.

Unavailable
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:04

There's lots of players who are unavailable for Sunday. Next Saturday is the smart bet.

Gov
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:05

The ghfa are a bunch of cunts

Surely not....
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:05

Joint winners?

Geemar
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:07

Only a 90% chance of rain today.... I like those odds!

Postpone
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:08

Postpone it till next Saturday. Their only trying for tomorrow as kiwi goes away before next weekend. Common sense puts it to next Saturday.

word
wrote on 30-Aug-14 11:09

Just wondering if the GHFA put any thought into this. Cause changing a GF with less than 24hrs notice seems Wrong. Surely their are players from all teams involved tomorrow who now wont be available. All for 24hrs delay do they know the pitch wont change one bit.

kiwi

If they were doing it for me, they would be playing today.

Dry

Pitch going to dry in 24hrs?

go easy
wrote on 30-Aug-14 12:00

Chill out you pack of idiots.

or Sunday
wrote on 30-Aug-14 12:01

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If they were doing it for me, they would be > playing today. or tomorrow

Why
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:01

Why would they push a Grand Final back 24 hours with no notice. Logical thing is to do it next Saturday. It's for you kiwi and we all know it.

Fact-
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:04

Why Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would they push a Grand Final back 24 hours > with no notice. > Logical thing is to do it next Saturday. > It's for you kiwi and we all know it. aint that the truth

George Pell.
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:06

Rangers turned up @ 10. Am to be told the Ref closed the ground.Ross had a laugh and moved the GF to Sunday saying there's no winners today we advised him he can't just move it like that teams need more time we have 6 players out cause of church tomorrow.

kiwi
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:07

I'm glad you can tell tomorrow will be sunny

kiwi
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:08

There would be no issues if they actual spend the money on a synthetic pitch. almost embracing that we don't have one and most do. Just spend the money on a synthetic pitch I'm sure the clubs would be happy for you to do something with their money rather than sit in a bank account. While we keep changing the GF dates and pray it doesn't rain. hope they listen to me, like you believe they do.

lion
wrote on 30-Aug-14 13:09

I hope the accommodate for kiwi and play it tomorrow - he deserves it

Juice
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:00

Is christie booked for something next Saturday?

peter parker
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:01

There will be players definitely missing next week. A little bird told me Christy park is booked out next Saturday. Hole is getting deeper

Booked
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:02

Booked for what ?

Lion
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:03

I reckon they will have the synthetic pitch ready for the game tomorrow after that rant kiwi! Huuurahh!

Smokescreen
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:05

The smokescreen of a synthetic pitch isn't working. Most clubs have players unavailable to play tomorrow so the only person tomorrow is catering for is the bloke whose not here next weekend. Something weird happening as to why they'd schedule the grand final a day after with no notice. Do GHFA give a dam? Players play all year and to miss out on a grand final because of late notice. Very poor on all fronts.

Lion
wrote on 30-Aug-14 14:06

Kenthurst making all these excuses about players missing/having commitments tomorrow etc. bit nervous are we? Surly you can save bumming each other till after the game you hillbillies

why_
wrote on 30-Aug-14 15:05

Unavailable Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There's lots of players who are unavailable for > Sunday. > Next Saturday is the smart bet. do they go to church?

Reality
wrote on 30-Aug-14 15:07

The reality is GHFA is the worst run association in the state. 1. Worst website 2. One of the only associations without a synthetic pitch for wet weather and big games. 3. Hand out medals and pennants to teams without even putting the grade or year on it. (These haven't changed in 15 years, must have bought in bulk) 4. Fucked up the ghfa cup last year with odd number teams left 5. Postpone grand finals with less than 24 hours notice for teams. 6. Play PL GFs on a Sunday 7. Relaid Christie park the other year but still kept the field on a slope. 8. The list goes on...

Idiot
wrote on 30-Aug-14 15:07

Haha kenturst must be shaking in their boots. Just a question did you even have hair on your nuts the last time whp made a first grade final! Maybe win something before you sprout your dribble Lion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kenthurst making all these excuses about players > missing/having commitments tomorrow etc. bit > nervous are we? Surly you can save bumming each > other till after the game you hillbillies

8 team solution
wrote on 30-Aug-14 16:00

Turn the comp back to an 8 team comp and you wouldnt have scheduling issues of having GF postponed to September - in a dry season.

THE ROCK
wrote on 30-Aug-14 16:01

Just on GHFA being a badly run association. If you think GHFA is bad, you should play in Granville for a season. After 1 season in Granville, you will agree with me that this association may not get everything correct, but they are leaps and bounds ahead of other associations. Does it really change much anyway? Most people would have been planning a huge night tonight(if they win) which ruins them for tomorrow anyways. The only looser out of this is your bosses on Monday morning as they will be annoyed that you'll be hung over for work!

Warriors
wrote on 30-Aug-14 16:09

I must say that the idiot who came on this thread and started to lump crap on kenthurst due to a ghfa decision about the weather and the pitch condition, you seriously must only have one brain cell. Really too childish and on behalf of everyone, GROW UP you imbecile. Let's hope the pitch improves slightly so all the teams can show their best, that's what we all want.

kiwi
wrote on 30-Aug-14 17:01

Synthetic pitch and there is no problems. Also if they have next Saturday booked Sunday Is father's day Good luck. Talk about moving mountains No headache with synthetic.

Matthews
wrote on 30-Aug-14 17:06

or the ref's could grow a pair and allow play in the wet... i can't imagine the ground is any worse than Campbell park against EEW earlier this year.

Rozella
wrote on 30-Aug-14 18:07

Rock I think the biggest headache is not having players available for tomorrow. I know we have a few who can't make tomorrow. How dissapionting for those players to play all year and miss the Gf because of a rushed decision to postpone the game with less than 24hrs notice.

Yes
wrote on 30-Aug-14 19:02

They were also told on friday afternoon that the games are definitely on tomorrow(Saturday. that rain today would not have made the pitch any worse than it would have already been. Useless pricks in charge.

WPH member
wrote on 30-Aug-14 19:09

Rozella Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rock I think the biggest headache is not having > players available for tomorrow. I know we have a > few who can't make tomorrow. How dissapionting for > those players to play all year and miss the Gf > because of a rushed decision to postpone the game > with less than 24hrs notice. Clubs were told during the week that the games would be played on Sunday if Saturday was washed out.

Whiner
wrote on 31-Aug-14 09:04

Too sunny to play today. Uv rays dangerous to player welfare.

sunday spectator
wrote on 31-Aug-14 09:09

Hope you all have managed to wash the sand out of it And what time are the games on today ?

n00b
wrote on 31-Aug-14 10:06

PREMIER & SUPER LEAGUE GRAND FINALS SUNDAY 31 AUGUST 11.00am Super League Res Grade - WRR v NER 1.00pm Super League First Grade - YMA v GLH 3.00pm Premier League Res Grade - KEN v PHD 5.00pm Premier League First Grade - KEN v WPH

Were they?
wrote on 31-Aug-14 10:07

WPH member Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rozella Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Rock I think the biggest headache is not having > > players available for tomorrow. I know we have > a > > few who can't make tomorrow. How dissapionting > for > > those players to play all year and miss the Gf > > because of a rushed decision to postpone the > game > > with less than 24hrs notice. > > > Clubs were told during the week that the games > would be played on Sunday if Saturday was washed > out. Our Club wasnt told anything

kiwi
wrote on 31-Aug-14 11:01

You can't be that silly to think that it is only for 4 games. Obviously you would only spend that type of money if you got a long term lease, from council. It would be used by Spirit FFA, FFA games COC games State titles GHFA cup and finals for the association. That's why we should spend it.

Maggie
wrote on 31-Aug-14 11:04

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Synthetic pitch and there is no problems. > Also if they have next Saturday booked > Sunday Is father's day > Good luck. > Talk about moving mountains > No headache with synthetic. Kiwi I think you forget that Christie Park is a council ground you can't just pay one million dollars of Association/clubs and then not have ownership of a ground just so 4 games can get played. Players on this site are the biggest bunch of whingers suck it up princess it is just a game of soccer.

kiwi
wrote on 31-Aug-14 12:00

You can't be that silly to think that it is only for 4 games. Obviously you would only spend that type of money if you got a long term lease, from council. It would be used by Spirit FFA, FFA games COC games State titles GHFA cup and finals for the association. That's why we should spend it.

Juice
wrote on 31-Aug-14 12:04

Not to mention 5-aside comps all year round that would make a mint much like Lily Holmes at Blacktown does - awesome set up.

Author:
Subject: