23/7 games

Views: 1877 Posts: 31
Helpaniggaout
wrote on 18-Aug-14 20:01

With the weather predicted to be raining all wk, who will progress through to the final? Or how does it work?? People like juice and kiwi do you know what could be the likely outcome?

Juice
wrote on 18-Aug-14 20:04

Wednesday night game in the week of the gf is imagine. That's happened once before. If still no mid week game then highest team through. Gf cannot be moved.

kiwi
wrote on 18-Aug-14 20:06

Semi can be moved to following week. GF can be moved to fortnight Sunday.

Garry the goat
wrote on 18-Aug-14 21:01

CoC 2014 Dates: Round 1 - 14 September 2014 Round 2 - 21 September 2014 Round 3 - 28 September 2014 Semi Finals - 12 October 2014 Finals - 19 October 2014

Behind the times
wrote on 18-Aug-14 21:03

This is why Christie park should be synthetic. We must be the last district to get one. Highest ranked team through is how it's worked in past.

Juice
wrote on 18-Aug-14 21:08

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Semi can be moved to following week. GF can be > moved to fortnight Sunday. No go there for the fortnight kiwi... CoC starts that weekend

Scooper
wrote on 18-Aug-14 21:09

Hmmmm that rules kenthurst out then.

kiwi
wrote on 19-Aug-14 06:06

30th semi 7th GF Coc following week

reality
wrote on 19-Aug-14 08:02

Mid week is fine kiwi. You dont disadvantage the 1st team to please the 3rd.

kiwi
wrote on 19-Aug-14 09:06

I'm happy if we play any day rather than not get a chance to play I might have to delay an overseas trip if we don't play this weekend. So we are ready to play.

Confidence
wrote on 19-Aug-14 11:04

Good to see you still booking overseas trips around GF day kiwi. WPH are normally back from their EOST by then.

Bushboy Mansour
wrote on 19-Aug-14 13:05

Bushboys to have the first synthetic pitch in the GHFA. You heard it here first.

kiwi
wrote on 19-Aug-14 13:06

If it stays on the same week I'm fine. Don't worry happy to go a week later. Changed many things to put wph first

favourites
wrote on 19-Aug-14 14:01

"Changed many things to put wph first" Just the GHFA

kiwi
wrote on 19-Aug-14 14:02

Bush boy I hope so, by the time ghfa put one in, the next millennium will be here.

Synthetic
wrote on 19-Aug-14 15:02

Kenthurst should have put one in years ago when they first considered it. It would have paid for itself by now, leasing it out to local schools during the day and running 6 a side comps all summer. Plus how good would GFs at KP2 be :)

Hornsby Council.
wrote on 19-Aug-14 16:04

Hayes International Sporting Complex. Galston Road Galston. Completed by 2016. 2 full size. 1 3/4 size. Cricket. 30 room motel.

Joe Hockey
wrote on 19-Aug-14 16:06

It's taken the whole season for synthetic to get a mention. Thank the lord for dry seasons.

Leasing out synthetic will NEVER pay for itself.
Lets start with a generous $500k cost to build.
I'll be even more generous and give you a $50k grant. Mike Baird will chip in $50k & Ryde Council another $50k. Heck I'll ask Bendigo to through in $50k and GHFA $50k.

I've got you half way there. What's your financial model for the remaining $250k?

THE ROCK
wrote on 19-Aug-14 16:06

haha nice gee up! I highly doubt any club could afford to make a ground astro, not to mention the council would need to approve it. I was talking to this young chap at hayes a few weeks back and he was saying around 700k is doing it on the cheap. 10 year lifespan.

Kp2
wrote on 19-Aug-14 18:01

Probably just write a cheque. Its only 250k.

come on
wrote on 20-Aug-14 10:03

Realistically youre looking at a million +

kiwi
wrote on 20-Aug-14 11:04

Nope Sydney United was just under 600k

red&white
wrote on 20-Aug-14 12:07

Pennant hills will be synthetic work to start 2015. I think the work will start after the end of next season.

Hally
wrote on 20-Aug-14 13:06

Not sure how Sydney United came to 600k?? Northbridge Oval was $1,500,000 which included one full size pitch and some training areas to the side. Cromer was at a similar cost. Very expensive exercise unless you are a club of 1600+ that has plenty of sponsorship opportunity and a cashed up Council (which Hornsby isn't).

kiwi
wrote on 20-Aug-14 13:07

Sydney United didn't pay a contractor to do it. They purchased the product brought it in and they did the ground works and installation. A lot of building back ground at that club that's how you save. I believe they even had it certified as fifa approved synthetic pitch.

ryde council
wrote on 20-Aug-14 14:03

Ryde is considering ELS Hall http://www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/_Documents/Mtg-Works2013/wc1713_191113a_att1.pdf

kiwi
wrote on 20-Aug-14 14:06

Should be at Christy before ELS Hall. Local team doesn't need it as much as our association rep team needs it. The obvious choice should be Christy 1st Why would Ryde magic be involved in the discussion of what field gets done, except for there own use. The clubs Association ground which is christy 1st, all GF all cup games COCs FFA and our representative teams our pathways ground.Then all teams get to use it.

kiwi
wrote on 20-Aug-14 14:06

Should be at Christy before ELS Hall. Local team doesn't need it as much as our association rep team needs it. The obvious choice should be Christy 1st Why would Ryde magic be involved in the discussion of what field gets done, except for there own use. The clubs Association ground which is christy 1st, all GF all cup games COCs FFA and our representative teams our pathways ground.Then all teams get to use it.

shire
wrote on 20-Aug-14 16:07

Sutherland Shire is spending $5mill putting in more synthetic pitches over the summer. Ryde Council need to step up.

ryde council
wrote on 21-Aug-14 09:08

It is all in the full report (67 pages incl. cost breakdown) linked to above (here again): http://www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/_Documents/Mtg-Works2013/wc1713_191113a_att1.pdf Christie Park #2 A Football centric site, which if repositioned and opened up for the community, could be very successful in encouraging more people to recreate. A management strategy would need to be developed that includes reviewing the current GHFA arrangements and the legal implications under the Crown Land Act. A medium term option Marcus63 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My understanding of the issue with the Council's > preference for ELS over Christie is that ELS has a > wider community use. Why would they do Christie > without a major contribution from GHFA? Makes no > sense politically as GHFA wont share the ground > with other users & the council will not spend the > money for a ground under the control and use of 1 > organisation. > With ELS council maintains control over users and > it forms part of a site that has been redeveloped > with other facilities. > From a rate payer view a real no brainer & would > have to be ELS over Christie. > This is what has been relayed to me from someone > who has spoken to a councillor on the matter & if > factual makes sense to me.

Marcus63
wrote on 21-Aug-14 09:09

My understanding of the issue with the Council's preference for ELS over Christie is that ELS has a wider community use. Why would they do Christie without a major contribution from GHFA? Makes no sense politically as GHFA wont share the ground with other users & the council will not spend the money for a ground under the control and use of 1 organisation. With ELS council maintains control over users and it forms part of a site that has been redeveloped with other facilities. From a rate payer view a real no brainer & would have to be ELS over Christie. This is what has been relayed to me from someone who has spoken to a councillor on the matter & if factual makes sense to me.

Author:
Subject: