If EEW make the 4

Views: 1438 Posts: 13
Reality Check
wrote on 07-Aug-14 11:05

It is clearly obvious this year more than any other year in recent times that the top two teams stand out and are head and shoulders above the rest, who are average to say the least. When WPH and EEW are fighting for a top four spot it shows the gap between the top 2 and the remainder. Has EEW or WPH improved that much in the last two or three years that they have narrowed the gap and pushed there way into the top 4 (I do not think so). EEW are without question the worst football team in this competition. In fact without Turner they would be fighting relegation. It is bordering on funny that they are one win away from the playoffs. Two or three years ago the top four sides were made up of a Penno side led by Kurt and Seale and Junior etc and Ravens led by S Miller, Macer, Gio brothers, Robbo and Kidd, a very strong Kenthurst squad and a extra strong STA side. On top of that you had an emerging young team in PHD. How times have changed.

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Aug-14 12:00

I know it's a stich up, but EEW deserve to be where they are, good team led by Wright. Top 4 is decided by consistency, nothing else. I'm shocked to see ravens so far down as they were very good when we played them, along with Penno and STA. Kenthurst are obviously the pick of the bunch not really being troubled by too many, although EEW did beat them. I wonder if the world cup affected teams?

waste
wrote on 07-Aug-14 12:04

There 10 seconds of my life i will never get back reading that dribble.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 07-Aug-14 12:07

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know it's a stich up, but EEW deserve to be > where they are, good team led by Wright. > > Top 4 is decided by consistency, nothing else. I'm > shocked to see ravens so far down as they were > very good when we played them, along with Penno > and STA. > > Kenthurst are obviously the pick of the bunch not > really being troubled by too many, although EEW > did beat them. > > I wonder if the world cup affected teams? Biased I know but if my bro and Darcy were not injured and suspended for a large clump of the season I have no doubt they would be fighting for a top 4 finish.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 07-Aug-14 13:03

Horko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Want to do us a favour this weekend Rick and knock > off EEW for us in both grades? I can't help Horko as I am too old and playing for Penno Over 35's. I will guarantee you that there would be nothing that Ravens would like more than to beat EEW and end there chances of playing in the finals. Great rivalry between the clubs and I would love to be at the game if not playing at the same time.

Horko
wrote on 07-Aug-14 13:04

Want to do us a favour this weekend Rick and knock off EEW for us in both grades?

Horko
wrote on 07-Aug-14 13:07

That goes without saying kiwi but without that result it'll all be for nothing, we know there are no easy games in this comp and how hungry redbacks will be.

kiwi
wrote on 07-Aug-14 13:09

Horko I would worry about beating redbacks first You do realise they are fighting to stay up, they also have there players back now. Good weekend of games all need to win to get in the 4 or not get relegated

petza
wrote on 07-Aug-14 14:01

hahahah I didn’t even see that first post that’s gold! Cracking weekend of football coming up.

Frank
wrote on 07-Aug-14 15:08

Dont be jealous peatey. Your name was left out on purpose in all comments.

petza
wrote on 08-Aug-14 09:01

mate i missed two in the regular season and one in pre season hahaha that was a pretty bad one but Baggio in the last 5 to win it!

petza
wrote on 08-Aug-14 09:09

Damn you got me Frank

THE ROCK
wrote on 08-Aug-14 09:09

lets hope that penno you missed at hayes doesn't haunt you peaty!

Author:
Subject: