Kenthurst club championship 3yrs running

Views: 3050 Posts: 42
What's the secret?
wrote on 24-Jul-14 22:04

Okay, so how do they do that ?

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 24-Jul-14 23:07

What's the secret? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Okay, so how do they do that ? Depth and a happy culture. SM does a super job and obviously he has fantastic man management skills as what they does each year works.

culture shift
wrote on 25-Jul-14 00:04

The Big clubs of the 90s and early 2000s have no Juniors coming through anymore with a big shift of families that put their kids into sport coming from the hills type areas now. What we see at ken is what we saw consistently from wph and sta not so long ago

How does it work?
wrote on 25-Jul-14 07:03

How have they determined the final points when PL hasn't finished yet. Can someone from ghfa explain this please.

how it works
wrote on 25-Jul-14 07:09

PL is weighted higher than junior grades or AA when tallying points to determine Club Championship. Having both PL teams with 40+ points is the difference. Without their PL team Kenthurst wouldn't win the club championship. Its that simple. Ravens won the Club Championship in 2011 on the back of their PL team winning the premiership. Strong PL = Strong Club

Ben
wrote on 25-Jul-14 08:06

17. Club Championship: Is open to all Clubs with 10 or more competition teams, providing 2 of the 10 teams are All Age. The Club Championship shall be decided as follows – Total number of competition points for – * First Division teams shall be multiplied by 3 * Second Division teams shall be multiplied by 2 * Third Division teams and any lower Division teams shall be multiplied by 1 * Super League 1 First Grade teams shall be multiplied by 3 * Super League 1 Reserve Grade teams shall be multiplied by 2 * Super League 2 First Grade teams shall be multiplied by 2 * Super League 2 Reserve Grade teams shall be multiplied by 1 The total number of points after the above calculations shall then be divided by the total number of teams for that particular Club. The Club with the highest average being declared Club Champions.

Correct
wrote on 25-Jul-14 10:03

There you go. That's 200 + points KEN's PL contributed. With PL playing more games than other comps it means more points up for grabs. The last 4 years the Club Championship has gone to the winner of PL.

Marquee Man
wrote on 25-Jul-14 11:08

Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What's the secret? Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Okay, so how do they do that ? > > > Depth and a happy culture. SM does a super job and > obviously he has fantastic man management skills > as what they does each year works. Your taking the piss surely. SM's man management skills are appauling. He just has the ability to recruit good cattle. His days are coming to an end as most of his contacts are on the wrong side of 30. It can't be kept up for too long, unless he recruits younger talent..... but his ability would be limited as he has given them a shot. Why do you think most of the Kenthurst 18/1 REFUSE to play for the PL team. Not because of the culture, it's because they need to be MAN MANAGED and not yelled out at every drop of a hat. It's ok to do that with seniors, but 18's and younger need to be managed differently. Time will tell though...

juniors
wrote on 25-Jul-14 13:02

Kenthurst have had two u18/1s teams the last two years who have been very successful- last years one undefeated during the regular season, this years one top of the table. Some quality players in there that could make some first grade teams straight up, but not a single one playing for Kenthurst even in ressies. Getting the juniors keen to play premierleague is important and whilst it may take a couple of seasons for them to become comfortable in the more physical and higher paced league, they are the ones that will come and play for years and bring consistency to the clubs. A lot of quality juniors around, especially the ones who got sick of stateleague and came back to play with their mates.

3 eyed raven
wrote on 25-Jul-14 13:05

juniors Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kenthurst have had two u18/1s teams the last two > years who have been very successful- last years > one undefeated during the regular season, this > years one top of the table. Some quality players > in there that could make some first grade teams > straight up, but not a single one playing for > Kenthurst even in ressies. Getting the juniors > keen to play premierleague is important and whilst > it may take a couple of seasons for them to become > comfortable in the more physical and higher paced > league, they are the ones that will come and play > for years and bring consistency to the clubs. A > lot of quality juniors around, especially the ones > who got sick of stateleague and came back to play > with their mates. Gio are you trying to recruit their juniors? One thread talks about Ravens with a junior base and no older heads and another thread talking about Kenthursts supreme junior base but lacking the opportunity to transition into adult football. When are the trials Rick?

Bucks
wrote on 25-Jul-14 16:03

Ok, I'll take the bait. Having helped start the current Bushboys team 11 years ago with a plan to get the club to PL our strategy was simple. Build a squad full of mates and brothers and enjoy playing football again. When we approached GHFA about going straight to prems they laughed at us and made us start in Division 1. We won div 1 first up and SL in our 2nd year. 10 years later we are not only in PL but we are on the verge of 3 straight premierships, back to back double premierships and 3 straight Club Championships. Everyone at Kenthurst is proud of what we have achieved and SM has been an integral part of that. Its hard enough coaching a squad of 40 let alone coaching your mates. His results speak for themselves. I can see why some ex u/18s may be frustrated with not making the grade but our PL squad wasn't built on juniors coming through the ranks, it was built on ex state league players (many of which were kenthurst juniors) returning to the club to play with their mates. Yes we have and old squad and one day it will all be over for us but its been a hell of a ride and we achieved more than we set out to do. I am confident we will leave the club in a better position than when we arrived.

Marquee Man
wrote on 25-Jul-14 17:08

11 years ago... How old are u bucks? 38? So what your saying is, one day everyone will go their separate ways? Kinda silly if you have worked so hard to build it. Actually it's a selfish way of thinking. Get a group of mates(a fraction are kenthurst juniors), dominate a local league, then just leave and dump the club in a mess. No long term plan. And when you do leave, those 18's the SHOULD have been given a chance end up playing for some other teams, which leaves the club back where it started. How can the Kenthurst President or committee be happy with that? One would think it's not too hard to actually add some young kids into your vintage reserve grade to "keep the fire" going.... Or is it all about ME ME ME?

Bucks
wrote on 25-Jul-14 18:09

You couldn't be further from the truth. We tried to add the 18s years ago when they won the comp but they decided to go to 21s and play with their mates (not too dissimilar to what we are doing). You are right though, we have worked very hard to build it. Maybe you should build something as well instead of expecting someone to hand it to you like a typical gen Y.

Aaaaaand...
wrote on 26-Jul-14 08:05

Snap

local
wrote on 26-Jul-14 09:03

Penno transitioned pretty much a whole under 16s team into ressies a few years back - first few seasons were crap and they pretty much came dead last a few seasons running. Having said that they have improved and a few are now comfortable first graders (maybe that explains why they are struggling this year). There is merit to what you're saying Buck, I have heard similar that the u18s from the other year wanted to play together but I have also heard that a stack trialled this season/last season and pretty much got told where they could fuck off to. I think its fantastic what you have just described but surely there has always got to be room for a few keen youngsters in a sqaud.

Reality.
wrote on 26-Jul-14 09:05

Pumas are an exact carbon copy!

Truth
wrote on 26-Jul-14 09:06

Bucks is 33. So yes they started the team 10 or so years ago when they were wait for it...22. That's around the time when reality sets in that a career in football is or isn't realistic. So they were forced to go to play in a park league where the standard is still relatively good but can still enjoy themselves. Unlike 95% of this league who think this is the be all and end all.

Bucks
wrote on 26-Jul-14 10:03

I think there has been a misunderstanding here. Kenthurst are very keen to keep our juniors and progress them through to PL when they are ready. Sean and the club are well aware of the need for succession planning. It was obviously going to be hard for players to break into this years squad with both teams having won the comp last year. We also strengthened our first grade team which pushed some players back to ressies. My honest view on it that the under 18s should go and play AA1 and get some experience playing older players. If they can perform well in that comp they will be ready for SL which is about the same level as PL ressies. The clubs that have promoted 18s straight to PL are all in the bottom half of the table. Truth is not all of them are ready for the jump. Having an AA1 team would also give some of us older players somewhere to go before going to over 35s. We may even be able to pass on some experience and values that have made the bushboys successful so they know what to expect when they get to PL.

Spot on
wrote on 26-Jul-14 11:05

And for the record there has been invitations over the years to many young players to train and even play In premier league but if you think a playing group with the success is going to beg players and dish out wristies just so they play... dreaming. Perhaps ask the likes the SM, Kurt, Chris Gio etc who have had success at the top if they beg youngsters to play in their squad.....

Show us you want it and that's the first step to playing PL... For you gooses spraying the methodology of the coaching staff... I offer you some words of wisdom from A few good men....

"Son, we live in a league that has cultures, and those walls have to be guarded by men who can coach. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for The under 18s and you curse the over 30s! You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that The under 18s exclusion while tragic, probably wins titles! And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins titles!

You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline!

We use words like honor, code, loyalty, beer, derby and premierships! We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very success that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a whiteboard and stand at post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Bucks
wrote on 26-Jul-14 11:06

Brilliant

kiwi
wrote on 26-Jul-14 12:02

That was as good as any gus gould speak Goose bumps all over

Gen y
wrote on 26-Jul-14 18:03

All this d**k sucking of SM but you guys got pumped today... #justsaying #realitycheck #loosenextweekandpumaswin #droppingtheballandgivinggobbiesatkp2

NG4
wrote on 26-Jul-14 18:09

Some massive pot stirrers on here who have a few people nibbling well:) To slag Gaffa for poor man management is a laugh however. It's all well and good to have the players but to keep 40 players with different personas and muppet egos like myself happy, then he's done a great job. Bottom line you can't question the success SM has had, especially the past 3 years and he's Driven that with a United Squad. Feel free to slag dribblers like myself, but respect should go to someone whose been very successful over the years and lifted the standard of the league. Good luck for the rest of the year Lads:) NG

Oh no
wrote on 26-Jul-14 21:01

Might wanna check champ before posting.... Reds up 5-0 today.... Premiership wrapped up.... Pumas are 2nd..... Again. Suck a fat one champ.

50 shades of grey
wrote on 27-Jul-14 00:02

My good friend Nate, how is it that such a old player who turns like the titanic is still playing first grade? It's no coincidence that your in the first few that to defend your gaffer. You should consider dusting the dust off your knees before claiming that the league has been lucky to be graced by SM and his pathetic entourage. And to even suggest that the champions of champions 18s are not good enough to play in your prehistoric ressies team where all you do is kick it long proves that you guys have no interest in the club or the league long term. How can some of those fat players who look like they wanted to go to Maccas at half time to get a fix, be better than those young players willing to put the effort in. I think SM and the kenthurst management should have a good hard think about what they say to their juniors as what I was told when I my son up some time ago is that it's a family club interested in developing the game and the players, not dumping them when they have won everything the association has to offer.

Red&White
wrote on 27-Jul-14 02:09

50 shades of grey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My good friend Nate, how is it that such a old > player who turns like the titanic is still playing > first grade? > > It's no coincidence that your in the first few > that to defend your gaffer. > > You should consider dusting the dust off your > knees before claiming that the league has been > lucky to be graced by SM and his pathetic > entourage. > > And to even suggest that the champions of > champions 18s are not good enough to play in your > prehistoric ressies team where all you do is kick > it long proves that you guys have no interest in > the club or the league long term. > > How can some of those fat players who look like > they wanted to go to Maccas at half time to get a > fix, be better than those young players willing to > put the effort in. > > I think SM and the kenthurst management should > have a good hard think about what they say to > their juniors as what I was told when I my son up > some time ago is that it's a family club > interested in developing the game and the players, > not dumping them when they have won everything the > association has to offer. With Kenthurst premier league side so strong in both grades no 18 year old I have seen at Kenthurst over last couple of years would made ressies they need to play under 21s at least and then may be AA to prove themselves They will not drop proven players at this level for some kid that looks good just playing u/18 I have seen a couple from about 5 years ago playing at hawks but they are now 23 and doing well but at 18 just not strong enough

#fuckyoumustbejealous
wrote on 27-Jul-14 07:04

Listen to all the haters... Unbelievable... If it's not one thing, it's the other.

the real world
wrote on 27-Jul-14 07:05

The truth is if you are any good at 18 you aren't playing park football.

Kindie teacher
wrote on 27-Jul-14 07:09

50 shades of grey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My good friend Nate, how is it that such a old > player who turns like the titanic is still playing > first grade? > > It's no coincidence that your in the first few > that to defend your gaffer. > > You should consider dusting the dust off your > knees before claiming that the league has been > lucky to be graced by SM and his pathetic > entourage. > > And to even suggest that the champions of > champions 18s are not good enough to play in your > prehistoric ressies team where all you do is kick > it long proves that you guys have no interest in > the club or the league long term. > > How can some of those fat players who look like > they wanted to go to Maccas at half time to get a > fix, be better than those young players willing to > put the effort in. > > I think SM and the kenthurst management should > have a good hard think about what they say to > their juniors as what I was told when I my son up > some time ago is that it's a family club > interested in developing the game and the players, > not dumping them when they have won everything the > association has to offer. No no.... Your right..... A good coach dumps quality players.. Guys who have bled for him on the pitch and helped bring success to the club for young blokes who when offered to play don't want to train or turn up.... Yes.... That's great coaching.... If your so confident the 18s you speak of are of the pedigree your talking about take then down to pl training.... The coach hasn't won 5 minor premierships in 3 years ignoring quality players.... Otherwise.... Stop whinging and enjoy the success "your" club is having. Coz by the sounds of your post.... Your a lemon of a Bushboy..... Just a little bitter!

Move on
wrote on 27-Jul-14 08:05

Really are we still talking about this? If you are that interest in getting a development plan in place at kenthurst go and join the club. If you are a past player I think using the multiple alias you have made your point. I think we can all agree we don't like kenthurst ,they are old and at time rude but fair play they won it this year. I really hope they don't win the gf but I care even less about how many local juniors they have coming through!

Laughable
wrote on 27-Jul-14 08:07

Players that bled for him..... That's why SM keeps recruiting players that are "his mates" because he is so loyal to the players that bled for him. Kenthurst is the Chelsea of ghfa, buys his team, buys their championship. And as much as sm wants to think he is like mourinho, he is nothing like him......

In closing
wrote on 27-Jul-14 11:08

You guys are right sm is nothing like Jose...... He has no money to spend on players and is a better coach and better bloke.

Move on
wrote on 27-Jul-14 11:09

With all this talk about kenthurst juniors I'd like to know how wph don't win it each year with the most juniors of any club

Unfortunately
wrote on 27-Jul-14 11:09

Well done to kenthurst, although they really weakened the competition by taking the best players from 4 clubs (PHD, Normo, wph and Penno)and this year has been tainted by it... SM real test comes in the COC, he has the squad to win it, they have failed in 2 attempts and run into it as favs this year.. Does kenthurst have the tactical flexibility to win it this year? Will be interesting

penn0
wrote on 27-Jul-14 12:02

>>Well done to kenthurst, although they really weakened the competition by taking the best players from 4 clubs (PHD, Normo, wph and Penno)and this year has been tainted by it... let see them choke on the 'stars'.. give it 1 or 2 seasons when the stars don;t play in first grade or lack of game time in PL they'll leave too..

Haters gonna hate
wrote on 27-Jul-14 13:04

[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s1.postimg.org/5mc1s8rpr/image.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://postimage.org/]image hosting no registration[/url]

The padre
wrote on 27-Jul-14 16:04

And there you have it.... Amen MJ!

world champs
wrote on 27-Jul-14 22:00

Kenthurst are also calling themselves world champions, after beating teams in 1 region (country) like the NBA winners

Sigh
wrote on 27-Jul-14 22:08

world champs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kenthurst are also calling themselves world > champions, after beating teams in 1 region > (country) like the NBA winners If you going to sledge the top team at least provide something as impressive as their squads cumulative points total..... Your comment is simply Rubbish banter.

kiwi
wrote on 28-Jul-14 07:00

Congratulations to Kenthurst both grades well done.

from the bushboys
wrote on 28-Jul-14 09:03

thanks kiwi

TG
wrote on 28-Jul-14 11:02

Congratulations to the Bushboys hopefully you can go one better this year in the COC.

Author:
Subject: