Are there GHFA cup games on tonight????

Views: 2034 Posts: 38
Cup games
wrote on 16-Jul-14 17:04

Any GHFA cup games tonight???

Juice
wrote on 16-Jul-14 19:07

The Semi Finals will be played on Wednesday 16 July as follows - 6.30pm - WPH v RAV 8.30pm - PHD v STA The Final is due to be played on Wednesday 30 July at 7.30pm. **********************

phoenix
wrote on 16-Jul-14 20:02

Ravens 2 wph 1 Another great result for the Gladesville ravens

Rematch
wrote on 16-Jul-14 22:00

Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ravens 2 wph 1 > > Another great result for the Gladesville ravens > > > Congratulations boys. Clearly deserved the win. RAV v STA to play Cup Final on the Wed night then comp game on the Saturday

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 16-Jul-14 22:05

phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ravens 2 wph 1 > Another great result for the Gladesville ravens Congratulations boys. Clearly deserved the win.

phoenix
wrote on 16-Jul-14 22:06

Sta 3 pumas 2 Ravens sta final

Tricky
wrote on 16-Jul-14 22:06

Rematch Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > phoenix Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Ravens 2 wph 1 > > > Another great result for the Gladesville > ravens > > > > > > Congratulations boys. Clearly deserved the win. > > > RAV v STA to play Cup Final on the Wed night then > comp game on the Saturday Could be interesting if Ravens are trying to win the cup AND avoid relegation in the same week.

already over
wrote on 17-Jul-14 09:02

relegation battles already over redbacks have a hard run home and are 4 points behind no way they are catching up now

Black Cat.
wrote on 17-Jul-14 10:08

Blake blew it.

Collapse
wrote on 17-Jul-14 10:09

phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sta 3 pumas 2 > > Ravens sta final Pumas blew it. 2-0 up with 30 to go.

Relegation Playoff
wrote on 17-Jul-14 11:05

Should just make the final RAV v RED with the winner getting to stay in PL.

Turn around
wrote on 17-Jul-14 12:08

Kiwi any report on last nights game? You boys beat RAV convincingly only a couple of weeks ago. What happened last night?

Do comments get any dumber?
wrote on 17-Jul-14 13:06

Relegation Playoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Should just make the final RAV v RED with the > winner getting to stay in PL. Should just keep quiet if you have nothing good to say.

thats what happened
wrote on 17-Jul-14 13:09

Turn around Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kiwi any report on last nights game? You boys beat > RAV convincingly only a couple of weeks ago. What > happened last night? it was 0-0 at half time a couple weeks ago with ravens having the better of the game keeper got injured at half time and second keeper was nervous and let in 4 goals which could have been saved game last night went pretty much the same way cept with both teams missing key players ravens having the better of the play and came out deserving winners

2-1
wrote on 17-Jul-14 14:07

Pumas did throw it away, but STA equalised twice. At no stage was it 2-0.

Incorrect
wrote on 17-Jul-14 15:06

2-1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pumas did throw it away, but STA equalised twice. > At no stage was it 2-0. STA scored their first straight after Pumas' second around the 60th minute then equalized with about 10 to go. Winner was scored a few minutes from FT.

good teams
wrote on 17-Jul-14 15:08

it has to be the worst finals ever. 2 of ghfa's worst to battle it out in the final.

Nice Try

good teams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it has to be the worst finals ever. > > 2 of ghfa's worst to battle it out in the final. HAHA excellent trolling.

Guru

I went to watch the semi’s last night and they were two great games. RAV v WPH An even first half and WPH looked sharper on the ball but Raven’s had the better chances. RAV scored early and sat back for the rest of the half playing on the counter. WPH scored with the last kick of the first half, it was a tough goal to concede so late in the half. A nice cross and nice header to make the scores 1-1 at the break. The second half opened up more with chances at both ends. Raven’s scored late with a chip over the top to their sticker who only just managed to slide the ball past the dike looking WPH Keeper. Good win for Ravens after a difficult year. PHD v STA PHD started the better team and had majority of the ball early, STA grew into the half and should have had a couple of goals but for their poor finishing. PHD scored against the run of play after a horrible attempted clearance gifted their sticker a goal. STA should have been granted a goal when the PHD keeper had a massive air swing only for the STA forward to somehow be called offside. Half time 1-0. I was tempted to leave the cold but decided to stay and glad I did. STA came out stronger in the second half and again had chances to score, they scrambled the ball in the PHD net for the ref to call an infringement. PHD grew into the second half and their fat PHD midfielder scored a screamer of a volley from 25 out, rocket of a shot which went top corner. That guy looks like he’s playing the wrong football code but what a hit to make it 2-0! STA responded straight from the kick off to make it 2-1 and game on again. A nice through ball gave their striker a one on one with the keeper and finished well. STA scored their equaliser with 15 to play after a wonder through ball again found their striker who finished in off the post. The last 15 mins was all STA who had the momentum, they found the winner in the 88th min. A nice worked play found their striker wide who crossed it into their red haired midfielder (pick one) who finished bottom corner giving them the 3-2 win. Two great games and very glad I stayed for the second half of the PHD v STA game!

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 17-Jul-14 16:01

Guru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went to watch the semi’s last night and they > were two great games. > > RAV v WPH > > An even first half and WPH looked sharper on the > ball but Raven’s had the better chances. > > RAV scored early and sat back for the rest of the > half playing on the counter. > WPH scored with the last kick of the first half, > it was a tough goal to concede so late in the > half. > A nice cross and nice header to make the scores > 1-1 at the break. > > The second half opened up more with chances at > both ends. > Raven’s scored late with a chip over the top to > their sticker who only just managed to slide the > ball past the dike looking WPH Keeper. > > Good win for Ravens after a difficult year. > > > PHD v STA > > PHD started the better team and had majority of > the ball early, STA grew into the half and should > have had a couple of goals but for their poor > finishing. > PHD scored against the run of play after a > horrible attempted clearance gifted their sticker > a goal. > STA should have been granted a goal when the PHD > keeper had a massive air swing only for the STA > forward to somehow be called offside. > Half time 1-0. > > I was tempted to leave the cold but decided to > stay and glad I did. > > STA came out stronger in the second half and again > had chances to score, they scrambled the ball in > the PHD net for the ref to call an infringement. > > PHD grew into the second half and their fat PHD > midfielder scored a screamer of a volley from 25 > out, rocket of a shot which went top corner. > That guy looks like he’s playing the wrong > football code but what a hit to make it 2-0! > > STA responded straight from the kick off to make > it 2-1 and game on again. > A nice through ball gave their striker a one on > one with the keeper and finished well. > > STA scored their equaliser with 15 to play after a > wonder through ball again found their striker who > finished in off the post. > > The last 15 mins was all STA who had the momentum, > they found the winner in the 88th min. > A nice worked play found their striker wide who > crossed it into their red haired midfielder (pick > one) who finished bottom corner giving them the > 3-2 win. > > Two great games and very glad I stayed for the > second half of the PHD v STA game! I know people will say I am biased as my BRO coaches Ravens and I am an EX player but I was at the game and this analysis is a long way from how I would sum up the game. Ravens created a heap more chances and thoroughly deserved the win. Both sides were missing key players but Ravens had far more chances and WPH only scored 30 seconds before half time, in what was really there only real chance of the game. The PL table does not fib and WPH are running third and Ravens second last but it is hard to believe after watching both teams go hard for 90 minutes. I wish Kiwi and the Miller boys the best of luck in the playoffs and hope the Ravens keep improving as they are Work in Progress but have some real quality youngsters, none more than the young fella up front who would have to be the best young player I have seen in the PL in the last five years.

interesting concept
wrote on 17-Jul-14 17:01

Rick, Did WPH play the usual kick it long strategy? Or did they actually play the ball? Was Chris Geo hiding his donkey's at left and right back as usual?

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 17-Jul-14 17:07

interesting concept Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rick, > > Did WPH play the usual kick it long strategy? > > Or did they actually play the ball? > > > Was Chris Geo hiding his donkey's at left and > right back as usual? I am not going to bag the way WPH play or played on the night as they are running third on the table & as a result must be doing something right. Also, Giov has done a good job with a young team, except you Jelles (haha). In respect to Ravens the loss of my bro, Darcy and Oppy has made the task much much much harder as my Bro and Darcy were the creative players within the team. As I said they are Work in Progress and the average age on Wed was probably around 21 or 22 so the future looks good.

good o
wrote on 17-Jul-14 19:00

good teams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it has to be the worst finals ever. > > 2 of ghfa's worst to battle it out in the final. Correction - the two best teams in the Cup competition in 2014 are playing it out in the final.

STA
wrote on 17-Jul-14 21:08

Teams with no hope of a trophy can say what they like but we have played well in the cup and are a good chance of getting some silverware

cup of life
wrote on 18-Jul-14 09:03

I'm sure it will be a sell out. Posters are already up on Talavera Rd. Horse v Pheonix. The battle of two lowly ranked teams who have defied the odds and made it to the Cup Final. The winner will be crowned this generations Rocky Balboa. I hear the GHFA have their ricky martin cd all set for the big night. "Do you really want it?"..."Do you really want it"?

wrote on 18-Jul-14 09:06

Lucky we have the high-flying Pacific Hills and Kenthurst, the best of the amateurs in one district of Sydney, the best of the people who weren't good enough to play at a higher level of pretty average football in that one district of Sydney. Or who couldn't be bothered. Or who got too old. Oh there will be a huge crowd to watch the mighty and amazing Pacific Hills and Kenthurst. Keep looking down on everyone else because you sit higher on the GHFA Premier League table than a few other teams. And because your football is so superior. Oh wait, you were both beaten in this cup.

Bean Stork vs Makybe Diva
wrote on 18-Jul-14 10:03

The game will be labelled as a battle of poo. Or known as Makybe Diva vs Bean Stork, aka Horse(who runs like one, ie fast in 1 direction) vs Phoneix( who's head is so far up Geo's ass he can taste his tonsils). Seeing there is pretty much nothing to play for, STA should play their ressies - They will still win! hahaha

cup of life
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:00

I'm sure it will be a sell out. Posters are already up on Talavera Rd. Horse v Pheonix. The battle of two lowly ranked teams who have defied the odds and made it to the Cup Final. The winner will be crowned this generations Rocky Balboa. I hear the GHFA have their ricky martin cd all set for the big night. "Do you really want it?"..."Do you really want it"?

cup of life
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:00

who cares????
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:03

[url=http://postimg.org/image/suqips7nb/][img]http://s23.postimg.org/suqips7nb/mickeymousecup.jpg[/img][/url]

phoenix
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:04

. Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lucky we have the high-flying Pacific Hills and > Kenthurst, the best of the amateurs in one > district of Sydney, the best of the people who > weren't good enough to play at a higher level of > pretty average football in that one district of > Sydney. Or who couldn't be bothered. Or who got > too old. Oh there will be a huge crowd to watch > the mighty and amazing Pacific Hills and > Kenthurst. Keep looking down on everyone else > because you sit higher on the GHFA Premier League > table than a few other teams. And because your > football is so superior. Oh wait, you were both > beaten in this cup. Hahahaha

Mr James
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:04

Why not play the Final on the same day as Div 1 finals at Christie. I don't think either team will be involved in the PL GF.

Ease Up
wrote on 18-Jul-14 11:08

Both these clubs have had plenty of PL success in recent years and are still very competitive, as proven by their Cup Final berth. They may not feature in the premiership race this season but they're not going anywhere. These thing go in cycles and no team stays on top forever. Anybody bagging STA or RAV are clearly just jealous and upset that they weren't good enough to make the final.

THE ROCK
wrote on 18-Jul-14 12:08

after the grand final? @ 9pm? Last year with both SL finasl going to penalties, didn't PL kick off at like 6?

too long
wrote on 18-Jul-14 13:06

plus with both of the teams probably not making semis there would be a long gap between their last game the final being played

Whatever Trevor
wrote on 18-Jul-14 15:04

Play it whenever. Only ravens and sta care. Just sort it out amongst yourselves and let GHFA know who wins.

sour grapes
wrote on 18-Jul-14 15:09

Whatever Trevor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Play it whenever. Only ravens and sta care. > > Just sort it out amongst yourselves and let GHFA > know who wins. sounds like a pumas player who is unhappy at the prospect of no silverware waah waah

disappointing
wrote on 18-Jul-14 20:01

Full compliments to both rav and sta for being in the final. There will only be one other first grade trophy up for grabs this year with the GF after the prem going to ken. Unless your team is a good chance of winning that ie no one besides ken, you will go trophiless again this year. Both these clubs have a history of winning silverware, particularly sta, so I wouldn't bag too hard unless you are ken or pen.

Author:
Subject: