first xv to play spirit

Views: 3296 Posts: 38
kiwi
wrote on 03-Jul-14 13:09

I would like to propose a game with the best 15 Pl players to play spirit in a game at the end of Spirit's season. This should be done each year as a way spirit can see and maybe entice some players to go back or start playing at a higher level again. Mariners play spirit each year, so spirit should do us the same courtesy and play our best 15. I know this may have been tried before, I do believe with the better vision coming from Ghfa and spirit maybe we can make this happen this season. To be perfectly honest it should just be a simple yes and then set a date. Would help if club delegates could speak to the board, that the clubs voted in there positions and let them know what we would like to happen. Let me know on this thread if we want this to be followed through,also the powers that be read this site,so maybe they could propose this before we ask them. Peace out G

Simple
wrote on 03-Jul-14 14:00

If players want to get picked for spirit, they should go to their trials. A better idea would be to include spirit as well as AA and 035s in the cup.

kiwi
wrote on 03-Jul-14 14:04

After the season ends. So does not effect teams. Most players play here as they don't want to play that level any more, but can open doors again for younger ones or the ones who feel they where hard done by at some stage. Also to show the quality of Pl players in our association. Who wouldn't want to play Spirit and try beat them.

JH7
wrote on 03-Jul-14 14:05

Yep it used to happen Kiwi - I remember playing against Spirit as part of our warm up games for the inter association comp that was played a couple of times where a team picked from GHFA PL played against Sutherland, Central Coast and Manly. Definitely a good idea, and a way for some of the better PL players to promote themselves in front of Spirit and Central Coast officials etc. Either way I think it would be a thrill for some of the younger PL players to get selected for such a fixture. Just need to make sure Spirit play their best team rather than some of their fringe players.

kiwi
wrote on 03-Jul-14 14:07

Make it better,would be Spirit, Mariners, Wsw, and best xv Pl

why would clubs do this?
wrote on 03-Jul-14 14:07

Sounds like you are trying to get rid of some kenthurst and pumas players kiwi? There is no benefit to clubs by allowing players to play this. Losing players or getting them injured for Spirit's benefit sounds like a silly thing to do if you ask me. Plus i think a team that plays together week in week out would have a better chance of beating spirit than a put together team.

good idea
wrote on 03-Jul-14 15:00

Good idea just don’t see it happening. - Who would pick PL team? - Need to speak with all players involed to ensure they are keen and available to play. - Spirit players in off season wont be paid and wont play. In saying that I think a PL all star team would beat Spirit firsts. probably better trying to organise a PL Ressies all star team to take on Spirit 20's.

First IV
wrote on 03-Jul-14 15:06

So kenthurst's first IV it is? It is a team game kiwi and i can guarantee you kenthurst's team playing together is better than any brought together side you are proposing.......

TG
wrote on 03-Jul-14 16:08

Kiwi. They had this years ago GHFA 15 v Northern Spirit played at Cristie and I think the Penno coach at the time was in charge.

kiwi
wrote on 03-Jul-14 19:02

First xv Just like man city would be better than the England team And Real madrid better than the spanish team. Most internationals would be beaten by the club champions. You could say the same thing for state of origin. You could make it the premiers, take on Spirit and Mariners. Would be allot easier to make happen no picking of squad and cohesion is there already. But you would get a broader spread of spectators, if you pick a First XV from the PL.Gold coin donation and that can go to a charity of choice. Team to be selected by top 3 teams coaches.

kiwi
wrote on 03-Jul-14 19:06

Tg Why did it stop Why can't we get it up and running again

great idea
wrote on 04-Jul-14 07:05

hope this happens its a great idea not even to try to get selected for spirit but just to show them what we can do First IV Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So kenthurst's first IV it is? It is a team game > kiwi and i can guarantee you kenthurst's team > playing together is better than any brought > together side you are proposing....... i agree kenthurst as a team could probably beat a first 11 picked from the rest of the comp but player for player i dont think any kenthurst player is the best in their position in the comp and none would make a first 11 based on their individual skill

Rex hunt
wrote on 04-Jul-14 08:09

Change your bait please mate. Takes something more expensive than windybank to land a Bushboy.

east v west
wrote on 04-Jul-14 09:04

or even an east vs west game i mean if spirit didnt want to play i still like the idea of picking the best from each team to have a sort of ghfa all star game so you could have the best of hills sides: kenthurst, normo, phd, wph, penno, hawks vs the more eastern sides: ravens, eew, sta redbacks

TG
wrote on 04-Jul-14 09:05

I'll make a couple of calls Kiwi.

TG
wrote on 04-Jul-14 10:02

DONE. Has to be 2015. Spoke to GHFA and are keen we have to sit down with them and nut something out.I put it to them it could be midweek gold coin donation to a charity.The balls rolling guys.

Haha
wrote on 04-Jul-14 10:05

east v west Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > or even an east vs west game > i mean if spirit didnt want to play i still likeJ > the idea of picking the best from each team to > have a sort of ghfa all star game > > so you could have the best of hills sides: > kenthurst, normo, phd, wph, penno, hawks vs the > more eastern sides: ravens, eew, sta redbacks The hills side would dead set win 10-0

KDSA rival
wrote on 04-Jul-14 11:06

Why not also get the top XV from KDSA to play top XV of GHFA aswell could get a decent crowd down there

dreamin
wrote on 04-Jul-14 11:08

Haha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > east v west Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > or even an east vs west game > > i mean if spirit didnt want to play i still > likeJ > > the idea of picking the best from each team to > > have a sort of ghfa all star game > > > > so you could have the best of hills sides: > > kenthurst, normo, phd, wph, penno, hawks vs the > > more eastern sides: ravens, eew, sta redbacks > > > The hills side would dead set win 10-0 doubt that if it did happen it would be a very close and exciting game

kiwi
wrote on 04-Jul-14 13:02

Happy to use my time to follow this through. We can sit on our hands or we can do something.if we have an all to hard attitude nothing will happen

Too much time on your hands
wrote on 04-Jul-14 13:09

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would like to propose a game with the best 15 Pl > players to play spirit in a game at the end of > Spirit's season. > This should be done each year as a way spirit can > see and maybe entice some players to go back or > start playing at a higher level again. > Mariners play spirit each year, so spirit should > do us the same courtesy and play our best 15. > I know this may have been tried before, I do > believe with the better vision coming from Ghfa > and spirit maybe we can make this happen this > season. > To be perfectly honest it should just be a simple > yes and then set a date. > Would help if club delegates could speak to the > board, that the clubs voted in there positions and > let them know what we would like to happen. > Let me know on this thread if we want this to be > followed through,also the powers that be read this > site,so maybe they could propose this before we > ask them. > .....

Feathers
wrote on 04-Jul-14 14:00

i'll follow you KIWI you legend

Greystoke
wrote on 05-Jul-14 12:09

Kiwi,i think its a good idea in principle..there needs to be closer links between Spirit and the GHFA P/L.As some may have noticed Spirit trials(especially for 1st Grade are rarely advertised and its mainly players from within the state league 'system ' that go around at that level. Unless some of the 'better' players inP/L know someone in the State league clubs it can be difficult to get a trial if you are an ambitious player. If the idea of the game is to foster the relationship between the the GHFA and its 'Rep' arm and give some players a chance to show their wares then well and good. If it ends up an 'us vs them'game for bragging rights nothing much is achieved as any 'team' could get up for a once off occasion . Dont get me wrong,there are some good squads in P/L but i dont think they could compete with NPL2 teams week in,week out.

Unfortunate
wrote on 07-Jul-14 19:02

Simple Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If players want to get picked for spirit, they > should go to their trials. > > A better idea would be to include spirit as well > as AA and 035s in the cup. Spirit don't have trials for their first grade. No NSWPL teams do, invite only.

F v R
wrote on 07-Jul-14 20:03

I think put the best of the ressies player against the best of first grade

wrote on 07-Jul-14 20:04

What could be arranged this year in early Sep after the GF, is an All Star team vs KEN (or who ever the premiers are) in a CoC warm up game? Also played at Cristie with a gold coin donation Thoughts

Happens every week
wrote on 07-Jul-14 21:06

That's called Kenthurst training.

The Frenchman
wrote on 07-Jul-14 22:05

Touché my good man

fair
wrote on 08-Jul-14 08:02

2014 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What could be arranged this year in early Sep > after the GF, > is an All Star team vs KEN (or who ever the > premiers are) in a CoC warm up game? > Also played at Cristie with a gold coin donation > Thoughts this could be a decent game - have at 1 least player from the other 9 teams in the squad and ensures some interest across all the teams and provides a decent run for Kenthurst before the CoC

You fool
wrote on 08-Jul-14 10:07

I believe the pumas have smashed kenthurst ressies 5-0 and 3-1, might be more consistent but don't know if they are the best

Reality
wrote on 08-Jul-14 12:03

Any team can win on a day or two. Normo and Tigers beat you didn't they? The best team is always determined by the Premiership. It's even more convincing if it's back-to-back. Pumas might want to book a cruise for their end of season trip because this is about as close as they will get to seeing a premier ship this season. [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/6r943i85z/Big_red_boat_1998.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://postimage.org/]gifs upload[/url]

THE ROCK
wrote on 08-Jul-14 15:09

i'm looking forward to playing at kenthurst park this week... haven't been there for about 15 years. still look like this? [img]http://www.listmonde.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Donkeypower.jpg[/img]

Yep
wrote on 08-Jul-14 17:00

It will on Saturday when you return.

Shsme
wrote on 08-Jul-14 23:09

It's a shame as I've seen that phot posted on the kenthurst club house. Pretty funny actually....

tiger train
wrote on 09-Jul-14 10:05

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i'm looking forward to playing at kenthurst park > this week... haven't been there for about 15 > years. > > still look like this? > [img]http://www.listmonde.com/wp-content/uploads/2 > 014/04/Donkeypower.jpg[/img] The park doesn't have that much grass on it but the big donkey in the middle looks just like their f#%kwit #7.

Yep
wrote on 09-Jul-14 11:06

Yep and they still manage to win 3 premierships in a row. Speaks volumes for the rest of the panel beaters in the comp.

Greenkeeper
wrote on 09-Jul-14 11:08

I think the 2 on the right look like their centre backs.

Greenkeeper
wrote on 09-Jul-14 12:05

Hey don't get me wrong I'm just saying they look like them.

Author:
Subject: