Finally Redbacks look like they can WIN a 35's title

Views: 8237 Posts: 82
Funnel web alert
wrote on 22-Jun-14 13:04

Always the brides made and never the bride. Will this bd the year that the Redbacks 35's side finally wind a title? Looking that way to me. Go the reds.

Better finish
wrote on 22-Jun-14 13:08

Normally I like to read about only the PL on this forum but the over 35's is far closer and more interesting ... Let's face it kenthurst are way to good, simple as that. Ravens, hunters hill, penno, hills and the mighty Redbacks all fighting out a top 4 finish and the minor premiership.

Hunters hill
wrote on 22-Jun-14 14:00

HePs of classy ex Croatian NSL players at hunters hill. Good side and hard to beat.

Cool idea
wrote on 22-Jun-14 19:08

Not a bad idea, maybe there could be other 'tabs' for over 45, over 35's, AA1 and 18/1 teams????

Taggart
wrote on 22-Jun-14 21:02

Cool idea Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not a bad idea, maybe there could be other 'tabs' > for over 45, over 35's, AA1 and 18/1 teams???? great idea. more priZes for more tipping competitions...

Old Watcher
wrote on 22-Jun-14 21:05

Taggart Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cool idea Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Not a bad idea, maybe there could be other > 'tabs' > > for over 45, over 35's, AA1 and 18/1 teams???? > > > > great idea. more priZes for more tipping > competitions... Morro would still walk into any PL team. I am prepared to say if he was at PHD they would win the title.

THE ROCK
wrote on 23-Jun-14 15:02

I saw morro and R Gio play on Sat as they were on the field next to us. Kurt = quality, although it looked like he was stuck in first gear of a low range 4WD. Rick Gio, classic. brings fire where ever he goes. I specially love the running commentary that he gives. Quote of the day " Fark, sorry boys, i didn't know how narrow this field is ....". And it was to my surprise that he picked up a yellow card! lol

choker
wrote on 23-Jun-14 16:02

So you are confirming he never played in a team that was the undisputed best team all year. Finishing top 4 is great and winning a few premierships is awesome but he never won both. Even batts had both.

overated
wrote on 23-Jun-14 16:02

For someone as good as you say kurt is, ask him how many times he won a double. #notasgoodasyouthink

THE ROCK
wrote on 23-Jun-14 16:04

i think long term success is measured by how many times you finish inside the top 4, not 1 season where you win a double. Just my thoughts...

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 23-Jun-14 17:07

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I saw morro and R Gio play on Sat as they were on > the field next to us. > > Kurt = quality, although it looked like he was > stuck in first gear of a low range 4WD. > > Rick Gio, classic. brings fire where ever he goes. > I specially love the running commentary that he > gives. > Quote of the day " Fark, sorry boys, i didn't know > how narrow this field is ....". > And it was to my surprise that he picked up a > yellow card! lol Thanks Rock. Only my second yellow this year. Morro played injured and that is probably why he looked at half pace for him. Still a better pace than anyone else in over 35's. Still good enough to more than hold his own in the PL. As for me injured every week. Old age.

No association
wrote on 23-Jun-14 19:09

Let's not take anything away from Moro, regardless of trophies etc, I often used to take my young fella to watch him so he could learn how to hold the mid field and direct play, just a classic, tough and fair with a great football mind.

THE ROCK
wrote on 23-Jun-14 20:03

RG#22, I have to agree the pitch is very narrow. I thought it was impossible to get yellow carded in 35's. Isn't everyone just nice to each other and sip cups of tea at half time?

Olbugger
wrote on 23-Jun-14 20:04

RG, your a few years late. You would have liked plaing the old all saints side and even to that west Ryde. They had some real loose cannons playing for them. Just ask any of the boys who have been playing for a few years against them.

Mitch
wrote on 24-Jun-14 00:07

Why don't your talk us through your goal Rick. A superb finish I hear. I reckon Penno have this one sewn up with their win on the weekend. They'll go to 28 points by the weekend with the other 4 fighting for the remaining 3 positions. Redbacks are so inconsistent but they always show up against the Hawks. Double header this weekend for both sides (against each other that is). It's been a good competition so far, although it would have been better to have 8 competitive sides rather than 5. As to those classy Croats at Hunter's Hill, they went to the Blacktown Friday night comp a couple of years ago. Most of last year's lot spat the dummy in the semi final and didn't come back.

you had one good year
wrote on 24-Jun-14 08:05

choker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So you are confirming he never played in a team > that was the undisputed best team all year. > > Finishing top 4 is great and winning a few > premierships is awesome but he never won both. > > Even batts had both. the team he coached and played for finished in the top 4 for around 10 years in a row, longer than kenthurst, phd and even ravens have even been in the competition when any other team can do that then you can talk

more than one year
wrote on 24-Jun-14 08:06

Kenthurst have made top 4 in both grades 6 out of their 7 years. And if they can win the premiership again this year they will join the ymca of the 80s and EEW of the 90s as the only teams to win 3 in a row. That makes them better than any of kurts teams. Especially seeing as they beat him to do it.

wrong
wrote on 24-Jun-14 10:01

umm wrong penno did get the double in 2000 when kurt was playing and they only just missed out on the triple in 2011 getting a sort of double with being gf winners and cup winners (i know it isnt the same but its still a double)

got him
wrote on 24-Jun-14 11:04

We all know kurt is a good player. We also know he loves talking about himself on here so thats why we stir him.

JH7.
wrote on 24-Jun-14 13:09

Good player but can't take a penalty!

kiwi
wrote on 24-Jun-14 15:09

Ouch! Maybe rick shouldn't have dived, and just slotted past you joel

Diver No Way
wrote on 24-Jun-14 16:06

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ouch! > Maybe rick shouldn't have dived, and just slotted > past you joel Two penalties kiwi I believe, one in each game and still Penno have not beaten them.

kiwi
wrote on 25-Jun-14 14:00

Not so safe, was it

JH7
wrote on 25-Jun-14 14:01

Harry Hindsight is a wonderful thing Kiwi...

JH7
wrote on 25-Jun-14 14:06

Ha - that wasn't me that posted before re Kurt and his penalty taking prowess. He knew it was my birthday so hit it at a nice height with a tad less power than usual to give me a chance I suspect. Agree Rick should have attempted to slot home, but my big frame must have made the goals look pretty small, so he went with the safer option :)

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 25-Jun-14 15:02

JH7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Harry Hindsight is a wonderful thing Kiwi... Don't lissen to Kiwi JH7. He is the king of shi_ stirring. If we meet again in the finals and the same thing happens I'll rely on the safe option again and go down and allow Morro to slot it.

Tipster
wrote on 26-Jun-14 20:04

Redbacks have a tough run home, the odds are against them. While they are flogging themselves this Saturday & Sunday against the Hawkes, Penno have the bye. Redbacks must win both games to set up a premiership decider against Penno next weekend. Redbacks beat Penno earlier this season so have proved they can match it with Mal's rejuvenated squad. Redback's screwed their season with a loss and draw against the two bottom teams!!! If Redbacks don't have Robbie up front they are in trouble. Same as Penno without Kurt. My money is on Penno, it's about this time of year Redbacks usually lose the plot. This Redback's team won't ever win the 35's if they don't do it this year. A few too many oldies to keep competing at the top.

Year 1
wrote on 27-Jun-14 13:05

Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > Don't lissen to Kiwi JH7. He is the king of shi_ > stirring. > Kiwi is the king of spelling an punctuation. Very similar to yourself Rick!

Spell Cheque, sorry Check
wrote on 27-Jun-14 14:03

Year 1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > > Don't lissen to Kiwi JH7. He is the king of > shi_ > > stirring. > > > > Kiwi is the king of spelling an punctuation. > > Very similar to yourself Rick! Maybe you should use spell check as it helps when you try and take the piss out of others and miss letters from words. No commas I know, but those that live in glass houses should never throw stones.

so?
wrote on 28-Jun-14 21:08

So are the spiders still a chance?

Funnelweb
wrote on 28-Jun-14 22:08

so? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are the spiders still a chance? So did the Red's win?????????

Yes they are
wrote on 29-Jun-14 19:08

Redbacks will go to 22 points (with a game in hand) with Penno on 28 and they play each other next Weekend. They got lucky at 1-2 down and slotted a goal with 3 minutes to go, then scored again with the last kick of the game to win on Saturday. They drew on Sunday. The Hawks like to cough up few when leading. Story of their season. Goal difference is in Penno's favour, but if the Redback's win against Penno, then it comes down to the last game. So they are still a chance, but I'd rather be in Penno's position right now. Next season should be interesting with EEW coming back to the 35/1's apparently.

Also...
wrote on 30-Jun-14 14:09

"Next season should be interesting with EEW coming back to the 35/1's apparently." I know a couple of the woodies guys and they will probably head to O35s next year which will only strengthen an already great comp

Dave Basheer
wrote on 30-Jun-14 15:07

>>Next season should be interesting with EEW coming back to the 35/1's apparently. Why? are they bored with the oldmen's comp O45?

gm
wrote on 30-Jun-14 16:08

Dave Basheer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >>Next season should be interesting with EEW > coming back to the 35/1's apparently. > > Why? are they bored with the oldmen's comp O45? A lot of teams are just forfeiting to them instead of playing. Think they may have had 4 or 5 already this year with more to come as teams struggle with injuries.

hmmmm really
wrote on 30-Jun-14 20:02

EEW are a bit past it, half must be 50 plus. Some closer to 60 than 50. They'll need a few young'uns to compete at the top. A year in 45's will have taken away their remaining sharpness. With so many forfeits in 45s they'll be fat as well as old.

kiwi
wrote on 30-Jun-14 20:08

There has never been this much talk or interest in 35s ever. I can only think that it may be someone who misses being talked about. But still needs some type of attention. Also to much time at work. Missing Pl much.

Envious sheep lover
wrote on 30-Jun-14 22:01

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There has never been this much talk or interest in > 35s ever. I can only think that it may be someone > who misses being talked about. But still needs > some type of attention. Also to much time at > work. > Missing Pl much. Sounds like someone wants all the attention for themselves. How very PL of you! "Look at me mummy, I'm playing at the highest level (in my local comp)" EEW might be old but they would run rings around the shittier PL teams. Some of them played AA on the weekend and they didn't seem to have too many issues with movement. I would say that there are more than a few PL players that would not be good enough to play in their side. Next year sounds like it will be real competitive.

J.Rodriques
wrote on 30-Jun-14 22:09

hmmmm really Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEW are a bit past it, half must be 50 plus. Some > closer to 60 than 50. They'll need a few young'uns > to compete at the top. A year in 45's will have > taken away their remaining sharpness. With so many > forfeits in 45s they'll be fat as well as old. HAHA good one. Too old to be on O35 and too good to be in O45.. wtf. Money down the drain with all those forfeits.. just turn up and start the beer session immediately. woohoo

Charity Fundriaser
wrote on 01-Jul-14 10:04

Envious sheep lover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kiwi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There has never been this much talk or interest > in > > 35s ever. I can only think that it may be > someone > > who misses being talked about. But still needs > > some type of attention. Also to much time at > > work. > > Missing Pl much. > > Sounds like someone wants all the attention for > themselves. How very PL of you! > > "Look at me mummy, I'm playing at the highest > level (in my local comp)" > > EEW might be old but they would run rings around > the shittier PL teams. Some of them played AA on > the weekend and they didn't seem to have too many > issues with movement. I would say that there are > more than a few PL players that would not be good > enough to play in their side. > > Next year sounds like it will be real competitive. Maybe once the seasons over the Premiers of 35's should play the Premier's of 45's (EE) in a game where people come and watch and all proceeds goes to a worthwhile charity. Pretty sure over 35's would win.

JH7
wrote on 01-Jul-14 10:08

We actually tried to do something similar a few years back in Premier League. The idea was to pick the best over 30s, or over 35s (can't remember now) from PL, and pit them against the best of the younger players in PL. Batts and Kurt were to be involved and we were looking to play it at Christie and raise funds for a charity. Started with the Glenn McGrath Foundation but you had to jump through a lot of hoops to do something for them, and we wouldn't have been allowed to serve alcohol if raising funds for them. Christie Park also had some requirements which started to make it all too difficult, so unfortunately it came to nothing.

UsualStuff
wrote on 01-Jul-14 10:09

>>..Christie Park also had some requirements which started to make it all too difficult, so unfortunately it came to nothing. U don't say

Maybe this year.
wrote on 07-Jul-14 18:07

Redbacks beat Penno again, still in with a chance. That's twice they've done Penno.

Info please
wrote on 12-Jul-14 20:07

How did Penno go against Hunters Hill?

Penno Observer
wrote on 12-Jul-14 21:01

Info please Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How did Penno go against Hunters Hill? Penno 5 Hunters Hill 1

Penno premiers
wrote on 14-Jul-14 10:05

Well done to Penno, 5-1 is an emphatic result.

PENNO OBSERVER
wrote on 16-Jul-14 10:03

Kurt M 3 Hunters Hill 1

Fruit
wrote on 16-Jul-14 14:09

PENNO not Premiers yet There are no celebrations just yet, with both RED and RAV playing each other this Sat (make up game) and both sitting only 3 points behind us. Granted our GD is healthier than both of them, but if one of those 2 teams turns up and has a cracker, then the P/Ship may be theirs. In 35s, it sometimes comes down to sheer numbers that turn up for the fixture - work, coaching kids, hols, etc. With the top 5 quite close this year, any team can thump another if they are only facing 12 on the teamsheet.

Funnel Web
wrote on 16-Jul-14 16:05

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PENNO not Premiers yet > > There are no celebrations just yet, with both RED > and RAV playing each other this Sat (make up > game) and both sitting only 3 points behind us. > > Granted our GD is healthier than both of them, but > if one of those 2 teams turns up and has a > cracker, then the P/Ship may be theirs. In 35s, it > sometimes comes down to sheer numbers that turn up > for the fixture - work, coaching kids, hols, etc. > With the top 5 quite close this year, any team can > thump another if they are only facing 12 on the > teamsheet. Yes Penno are in the box seat and the only other outcome would be for Redbacks to win by 5 and steal the MP. At home, Redbacks are no hope of getting a thumping from Ravens, but the Redbacks striker will cause major damage to the Ravens backline.

Fruit
wrote on 17-Jul-14 10:01

Lol JHH7. It is not out of the question that you guys could bang in 6 and take the chocolates mate. RED's usual keeper may still be out with a broken arm (he was out 2 weeks ago when we played them) so who knows. Best of luck Saturday

JHH7
wrote on 17-Jul-14 10:06

I'm not playing this weekend, so the Redbacks will find it harder to bang in 5 goals....:)

wow-wee
wrote on 17-Jul-14 15:09

over 35's is more competitive than the normal PL.

results
wrote on 20-Jul-14 10:02

Redbacks 3-1 Ravens Congratulations Penno, premiers with a better goal difference.

Funnel web
wrote on 20-Jul-14 10:06

results Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Redbacks 3-1 Ravens > > Congratulations Penno, premiers with a better goal > difference. 3-0 60 minutes into the game and ravens could have sat down and rested players but they did not want the kick and chase ugly football to prevail over the real football that the other 3 teams in the finals still try and play

confused
wrote on 20-Jul-14 14:07

Funnel web Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > results Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Redbacks 3-1 Ravens > > > > Congratulations Penno, premiers with a better > goal > > difference. > > > 3-0 60 minutes into the game and ravens could have > sat down and rested players but they did not want > the kick and chase ugly football to prevail over > the real football that the other 3 teams in the > finals still try and play Fennelweb I'm a bit confused, who's playing the kick and chase, Redbacks? Congrats to Redbacks, they beat Penno twice and won and drew against both Ravens and HH. Unlucky to end up as bridesmaids again. Points dropped against the bottom two teams.

Deja vu
wrote on 20-Jul-14 19:05

I believe this may of happened a few years ago as well. Had it in the bag them dropped points in the last few games against low placed sides and lost the title to eew. Was a great even comp this year and will only get better if sta form a side next year.

Funnel web
wrote on 21-Jul-14 08:03

confused Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funnel web Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > results Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Redbacks 3-1 Ravens > > > > > > Congratulations Penno, premiers with a better > > goal > > > difference. > > > > > > 3-0 60 minutes into the game and ravens could > have > > sat down and rested players but they did not > want > > the kick and chase ugly football to prevail > over > > the real football that the other 3 teams in the > > finals still try and play > > Fennelweb I'm a bit confused, who's playing the > kick and chase, Redbacks? > > Congrats to Redbacks, they beat Penno twice and > won and drew against both Ravens and HH. Unlucky > to end up as bridesmaids again. Points dropped > against the bottom two teams. Who cares who you beT you attended the wedding to watch someone else get married

Really confused
wrote on 21-Jul-14 10:02

confused Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funnel web Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > results Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Redbacks 3-1 Ravens > > > > > > Congratulations Penno, premiers with a better > > goal > > > difference. > > > > > > 3-0 60 minutes into the game and ravens could > have > > sat down and rested players but they did not > want > > the kick and chase ugly football to prevail > over > > the real football that the other 3 teams in the > > finals still try and play > > Fennelweb I'm a bit confused, who's playing the > kick and chase, Redbacks? > > Congrats to Redbacks, they beat Penno twice and > won and drew against both Ravens and HH. Unlucky > to end up as bridesmaids again. Points dropped > against the bottom two teams. Confused you are confusing. How can you be unlucky to be bridesmaids again? You lost to lower placed teams this year simply because you were not good enough on the day and on Saturday when up by 3 goals and the season was on the line and you needed to score 2 more goals you CHOKED again. Maybe the GF may be your wedding day but geeee you make an UGLY bride. PS Yes you are the least attractive football side in the playoffs and play the long ball regularly. Effective but ugly.

Own Trumpet
wrote on 21-Jul-14 11:00

The only person calling Kurt the best player the ghfa has ever seen is Kurt. It's funny how O/35s never even got a mention on here before he started playing. Let it go Carl.

Pavlova
wrote on 21-Jul-14 11:02

confused Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Given their results against the top teams I > wouldn't call them chokers. A couple of shitty > results against the bottom two teams mid season > isn't a choke, more likely complacency. Beating > Penno twice when they have a player some are > calling the best the GHFA has ever had is not > choking, then sticking 3 past Ravens in 60 minutes > is not choking either. Five nil against Ravens was > always going to be a huge ask, 3-1 was a fine > performance. Christy Park is huge like View St, > it will definately suit Redbacks if they make the > GF. They have fast forwards so through balls on a > big park will find out most 35s defenses. Cream always rises to the top. Ugly football will never prevail. Let's face it if they do not win the GF it was another what-if year. No EEW meant that 2014 was Redbacks year but they found one better AGAIN. I know 2015 will be there year until STA or KEN put in a 35's side and they run 2nd again. Let's face it apart from the fast guy up front they are pretty average.

confused
wrote on 21-Jul-14 11:08

Given their results against the top teams I wouldn't call them chokers. A couple of shitty results against the bottom two teams mid season isn't a choke, more likely complacency. Beating Penno twice when they have a player some are calling the best the GHFA has ever had is not choking, then sticking 3 past Ravens in 60 minutes is not choking either. Five nil against Ravens was always going to be a huge ask, 3-1 was a fine performance. Christy Park is huge like View St, it will definately suit Redbacks if they make the GF. They have fast forwards so through balls on a big park will find out most 35s defenses.

confused
wrote on 21-Jul-14 12:04

Own Trumpet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only person calling Kurt the best player the > ghfa has ever seen is Kurt. > > It's funny how O/35s never even got a mention on > here before he started playing. > > Let it go Carl. It's been a more interesting comp than PL. Talking of the best ever, Batts should do 35/1s, would spark even more life into this forum, Lite and Easy official sponsor of the 35/45 tipping comp. But given he's 50 or more he might consider bringing up the Beecroft 45 Div 3 team up to 45/1. That comp needs help, EEW well and truly screwed it by the looks.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 21-Jul-14 13:02

Own Trumpet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only person calling Kurt the best player the > ghfa has ever seen is Kurt. > > It's funny how O/35s never even got a mention on > here before he started playing. > > Let it go Carl. Give credit where it's due boys as he is without question one of the best players to grace the PL in the last 10 years. Also, I know he has never posted on this site as maths has never been his strong point and the maths question would probably stump him (haha).

Me
wrote on 21-Jul-14 14:06

New signings for Penno 035's next year. Ben Seale Adam Bosward Liam Shannon Troy Chatman Juice Craig Edwards

woodies update
wrote on 21-Jul-14 22:08

So the woodies get automatic promotion to a AA1 now. Does anyone here know if they'll take it or will they opt for 35's? We would do well with another team to get rid of the bye. And from all accounts they've got a strong team

5th place
wrote on 21-Jul-14 23:09

woodies update Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So the woodies get automatic promotion to a AA1 > now. Does anyone here know if they'll take it or > will they opt for 35's? We would do well with > another team to get rid of the bye. And from all > accounts they've got a strong team The bye is not the problem. The last two sides are not at the races (unless playing the Redbacks) :-). Glenhaven 35/2's are going up but having played them pre season, they are not at that level unless they recruit a fair few. EEW will return and are still quality. If the Woodies go to 35's and Glenhaven can step up, then it will be an even better comp. Disappointed to finish 5th and had the most frustrating season, but it was a good comp. If any team choked this year, it was the Hawks, not the Redbacks. Lost 5 games when leading - a true 80 minute team! Congrats to Penno. They played football this year and got the major prize, even with average forwards.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 22-Jul-14 08:04

5th place Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > woodies update Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So the woodies get automatic promotion to a AA1 > > now. Does anyone here know if they'll take it > or > > will they opt for 35's? We would do well with > > another team to get rid of the bye. And from > all > > accounts they've got a strong team > > The bye is not the problem. > > The last two sides are not at the races (unless > playing the Redbacks) :-). Glenhaven 35/2's are > going up but having played them pre season, they > are not at that level unless they recruit a fair > few. > > EEW will return and are still quality. If the > Woodies go to 35's and Glenhaven can step up, then > it will be an even better comp. > > Disappointed to finish 5th and had the most > frustrating season, but it was a good comp. If > any team choked this year, it was the Hawks, not > the Redbacks. Lost 5 games when leading - a true > 80 minute team! > > Congrats to Penno. They played football this year > and got the major prize, even with average > forwards. I agree and heats more being called an average forward is the nicest thing I have ever been called on this forum.

retirement village
wrote on 22-Jul-14 10:08

This thread is doing so well admin should approach Uniting Care for a sponsorship.

Old bugger
wrote on 22-Jul-14 19:08

The best thing about being apart of 35's is playing hard on the field and being able to have a social beer and chat between all sides without any grudges after the game or anywhere for that matter without having to carry on like school kids. Every side has a mix of quality and average players but most of all were all good mates... Or at least I think we are

Old bugger
wrote on 22-Jul-14 19:08

The best thing about being apart of 35's is playing hard on the field and being able to have a social beer and chat between all sides without any grudges after the game or anywhere for that matter without having to carry on like school kids. Every side has a mix of quality and average players but most of all were all good mates... Or at least I think we are

The Team to Beat
wrote on 04-Aug-14 09:09

After beating Ravens easily yesterday finally a GF winners trophy is coming our way. The best team all year needs something to show for it.

Redo
wrote on 04-Aug-14 22:09

The Team to Beat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After beating Ravens easily yesterday finally a GF > winners trophy is coming our way. The best team > all year needs something to show for it. Funny post as we were lucky to get a draw against a 10 man Ravens side. Sometimes the best teams have an off day and the good thing about soccer is we can snack those huntsman's like any Redback would. Hunters hill lost to pennant hills 3-0 and we killed PH this year twice.

Fruit
wrote on 05-Aug-14 08:09

You are 100% right Redo. Your 2-1 and 3-2 victories were absolute thumpings. I dont know how we picked ourselves up after that! Most of us had 3 days off work we were so devastated, but I guess a Premiership eases a couple of losses throughout the year. It further illustrates the closeness of this comp, which can be tilted in one team's favour with just a couple of key personnel out on a particular day. Wishing you the best of luck against ASH.

Luck Not Needed
wrote on 05-Aug-14 16:06

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are 100% right Redo. > > Your 2-1 and 3-2 victories were absolute > thumpings. I dont know how we picked ourselves up > after that! Most of us had 3 days off work we were > so devastated, but I guess a Premiership eases a > couple of losses throughout the year. > > It further illustrates the closeness of this comp, > which can be tilted in one team's favour with just > a couple of key personnel out on a particular day. > Wishing you the best of luck against ASH. Luck is not required Fruit. If I was from Hunters Hill I would not bother showing up.

Redback alert
wrote on 11-Aug-14 18:07

Own Trumpet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only person calling Kurt the best player the > ghfa has ever seen is Kurt. > > It's funny how O/35s never even got a mention on > here before he started playing. > > Let it go Carl. We dominated the 2014 Over 35's comp, beat Pennant Hills easily twice and will beT them for a third time at christie to get what we thoroughly deserve from the season. A couple of us watched PH struggle against an under strength Ravens. They have nothing.

Observer from the hill
wrote on 11-Aug-14 21:09

Redback alert Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Own Trumpet Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The only person calling Kurt the best player > the > > ghfa has ever seen is Kurt. > > > > It's funny how O/35s never even got a mention > on > > here before he started playing. > > > > Let it go Carl. > > > We dominated the 2014 Over 35's comp, beat Pennant > Hills easily twice and will beT them for a third > time at christie to get what we thoroughly deserve > from the season. A couple of us watched PH > struggle against an under strength Ravens. They > have nothing. They have a winner in the centre of the park who clearly Penno PL greatly missed. Redbacks by penalties in a cracker

Funnelweb Alert
wrote on 20-Aug-14 12:00

Can't wait till Saturday when we beat the bums from Penno for a third time this year. Who cares about a Minor Premiership when the GF is the day that counts.

FFS
wrote on 20-Aug-14 18:02

team that leads the comp after 18 rounds = premiers team that wins the grand final = champions there are no minor premiers in ghfa

phoenix
wrote on 20-Aug-14 18:05

I think you'll find most people will disagree with that That's why minor premiers get to play champ of champs

Junior
wrote on 23-Aug-14 22:01

Finally we got something out if the season... Dominated penno and deserved the win...

Score
wrote on 24-Aug-14 07:00

Score?

Pa
wrote on 24-Aug-14 09:04

Penno 2-0

Author:
Subject: