Was Kurt one of GHFA's finest?

Views: 53071 Posts: 53
wrote on 14-Apr-14 16:03

Batts & Kurt are by far the best two players to have played in GHFA.

Top Gun
wrote on 14-Apr-14 16:04

He's played PL at least from 1993 continuously when at WPH, so that's at least 21 years at the top and maybe a couple more. How many premierships was he involved in?Who else is in this company?

Da batten
wrote on 15-Apr-14 00:01

Batts was in a different league to Kurt.

Kurt surrounded himself with super for young players to make up for his vintage appearance.

Batts was the kind of player That changed games.

Very few like him today- maybe Tim Cahill maybe....

Fruit
wrote on 15-Apr-14 08:08

Too funny.... 'surrounded himself' with super young players? Really? How about simply coached and developed many juniors. Yes, there were a few that he 'attracted' to the club, but I doubt they joined for the mega bucks PEN pay their players.

The difference in my opinion (having played with both) is that Kurt leads youngsters very well, providing ongoing support while also setting high expectations. These young fellas then bought into that mindset and subsequently 'owned' similar expectations while on the field. Batts was different. He set high expectations, but seemed easily frustrated with poor performances due to inexperience. A fantastic player in his day for sure. He was a good leader of sorts, but only of those already up to 1st Grade standard, not so much the emerging talent from within a squad. Realistically, those 'up and comers' represent the future strength of your PL squad.

This is purely just MY opinion, but ask yourself why Batts has been to so many clubs (6?) in the last decade or so. It may suggest that fostering the younger talent isn't one of his strongest suits.

timmy_legend
wrote on 15-Apr-14 10:06

No, the best player is actually Tim Hill.

He is the only player to get called out by both names.

Recollections
wrote on 15-Apr-14 12:07

Both are fine players who showed great longevity and skill.

Brian Ellem of North Epping circa 96-98 is notable in terms of NSL appearances having clocked up well over 50 for APIA Leichhardt in the late 1980's.

Billy Hulston of the Y played professionally in Scotland and was signed by Alex Ferguson in the 1970's to play for Clyde or East Stirling.

There are other legends who played 1st grade for well over ten years - Andy Ferris, Scott Tarrant, Neil Baker, Dave Taylor, Jim Malins, Neil Barrett, Toss, Peter Whiteside etc. They have all been covered on other parts of this forum.

Jethro would know better than me but I am sure Marsfield, North Ryde, West Ryde and the Budgies all had some quality in the late 1970's early 80's and some of this would have filtered through to the Premier League.

Hally
wrote on 15-Apr-14 13:07

All the above played a very different style of football, very hard to compare between them.
I was lucky enough to play with or against most of these guys and all also had good and bad days.
Consistently Kurt was always on his game at Pennant Hills and his understanding of the game was very strong.
Batts may have become frustrated but geez, those 1st 5-10 years when he returned from NSL you couldn'y give him a sniff. As a Coach he was one of the 1st Coaches that really played with a specific game plan based on each particular opposition and stuck to it.As a Player you knew what was expected of you.
As for Brian Ellem, I was lucky enough to play in the middle of the park with him and he oozed class. Hard as nails, fantastic vision and a motor we all would have loved to have had. Captained the Australian Schoolboys and trained with Liverpool before returning to Blacktown City then captaining Apia.
Don Allan from Penno had not been mentioned, a gentleman as well as being a fantastic player.
Another was Paul Daley (Budgies) who was well known in the early 80's.

Pumas
wrote on 15-Apr-14 19:00

Blake is better than all of those muppets

West penno
wrote on 16-Apr-14 06:05

Tom louw you have a lot of hate towards Blake! Leave him out of this you dwieb

Joke
wrote on 16-Apr-14 17:01

Please don't insult the previous mentioned names by including this Blake character in this thread. He is and forever will be a never-has been reserve grade player for 1 year in the pl. what an insult

Pine tree house
wrote on 16-Apr-14 22:08

All the so called muppets you describe are old, slow and boring.

They provide no comparison to the modern day puma.

Please enough stroking the old men's pole... We are likely to get them aroused which in itself is a task for them these days!

Hawks we are coming for you... Your just lucky there is Easter this weekend and maybe we may be slightly fatter( that reference is geared towards Blake
Our savior) with all the choclates we intend to indulge.

Black Cat
wrote on 17-Apr-14 07:03

Pine tree post under your own club. Hawks are full of our mates. We look forward to the game. If you have a problems with Blake, Kiwi , then take it up with him to his face.
Don't bore us all here. We are talking about Kurt.

kiwi
wrote on 17-Apr-14 08:03

Wrong tree champ.
Maybe look in your own backyard

Pine Tree House
wrote on 17-Apr-14 11:04

Black cat, talk it down all you like on this online public forum, but the fact of the matter is we are confident that we will destroy most of the clubs in this league.

We spoke about it at training that the bush pigs would be hard to play first up, but we have proved we have what it takes in round 2.

Kiwi, don't worry about it all - You like most, will simply be collateral damage in what will turn into a 2 horse race for the title.

And we all know pumas are faster on land than bush pigs......

Hawks may be mates, but we will be teaching you a lesson.

Back to how important the old timers are....

ismellatroll
wrote on 17-Apr-14 12:05

Pine Tree House Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> but we have proved
> we have what it takes in round 2.
>
>

Pumas game was washed out champion - back under your bridge

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 17-Apr-14 13:07

Top Gun Wrote:

> He's played PL at least from 1993 continuously
> when at WPH, so that's at least 21 years at the
> top and maybe a couple more. How many premierships
> was he involved in?Who else is in this company?

Everyone will have there own opinion and some opinions will be based on jealousy or bias. I have played against Morro for 5 or 6 years and he is without question the player in this competition who had the most effect on a football game. His fitness and ball distribution were second to none and he is real competitive like all super players are. I have played with a numbers of super players at Ravens over the years who have achieved a great deal more than Morro outside of the PL by playing at higher levels such as Adi, Hunter, Robbo, My Bro (C Gio), Rocko and Oppi to name a few, but I doubt when it comes to sheer consistancy has one player been so dominant for such a long period of time. Luckily for me I am no longer chasing him but playing with him. Unfortunately for him, I am not fit and his back must be getting sore.

You Muppet.
wrote on 17-Apr-14 14:00

Gio,
All these players you mentioned are all ex state league players who were finished at that level and came to this comp and play against inexperience kids that's what makes them look good.get a life panel beater you and your mates are yesterday's hero PUMA IS KING.

Pine Tree House
wrote on 17-Apr-14 15:01

Rick,
how can u even see straight with those crazy eyes?

Point taken, Morro is the best.

Still struggled against the pumas last year. He saw the writing on the wall and hung up his PL boots up. Got to admire someone who knows when his time is up.

treehousepuma
wrote on 17-Apr-14 15:04

Pine Tree House Wrote:

> Black cat, talk it down all you like on this
> online public forum, but the fact of the matter is
> we are confident that we will destroy most of the
> clubs in this league.
>
> We spoke about it at training that the bush pigs
> would be hard to play first up, but we have proved
> we have what it takes in round 2.
>
> Kiwi, don't worry about it all - You like most,
> will simply be collateral damage in what will turn
> into a 2 horse race for the title.
>
> And we all know pumas are faster on land than bush
> pigs......
>
> Hawks may be mates, but we will be teaching you a
> lesson.
>
> Back to how important the old timers are....

Cheers for the post. Enlightening. I am sure everyone believes you are a Puma. Please stop wasting our time.

Pine Tree House
wrote on 17-Apr-14 15:08

well i can't contribute anything of real relevance as our club has only just taken their nappies off!

Best ever
wrote on 24-Apr-14 16:07

Kurt is far and away the best player the comp has ever seen.
Expect alby to get penno close to winking it this year though.
He's doing a top job with the younger blokes.

stalking
wrote on 24-Apr-14 18:06

Best ever Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kurt is far and away the best player the comp has > ever seen. > Expect alby to get penno close to winking it this > year though. > He's doing a top job with the younger blokes. ably took over a team that Kurt built from scratch the year before .... Ably could not clean Kurt's boots

Alby WHO????
wrote on 28-Aug-14 11:00

stalking Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Best ever Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Kurt is far and away the best player the comp > has > > ever seen. > > Expect alby to get penno close to winking it > this > > year though. > > He's doing a top job with the younger blokes. > > > ably took over a team that Kurt built from scratch > the year before .... Ably could not clean Kurt's > boots Did they miss the GREAT ONE?????????????????? YES

Owntrumpet
wrote on 28-Aug-14 12:06

No tennis again because of the rain Kurt?

.Fruit
wrote on 29-Aug-14 00:09

Owntrumpet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No tennis again because of the rain Kurt? The greatest by far but I'm more handsome.

Duck
wrote on 29-Aug-14 14:06

If you think Kurt is on this forum you're on crack! Can never compare people across different periods except when someone is as good as Bradman and undisputed!

Ok
wrote on 29-Aug-14 15:09

Hey duck, If you think kurt isnt on here you are on quack. No mention of over 35s on here till he joined and you are the only person so far up his arse to post about him. So its either you or him. Take your pick

The Best
wrote on 29-Aug-14 21:01

Duck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can never compare people across different periods > except when someone is as good as Bradman and > undisputed! I agree Duck. When you compare Kurt to anyone who has played in GHFA, he is on par with Bradman.

cards on the table
wrote on 29-Aug-14 21:02

What has kurt won? I'm sure I can find someone who has won more.

kiwi
wrote on 29-Aug-14 22:01

The question is, was he one of Ghfa finest? For me without question one of the finest in Ghfa and for his age still to be able to mix it with the best players in the Ghfa up until last season, and still dominate games. We may have had run ins, but doesn't mean he is not one of the finest.

JHH7
wrote on 31-Aug-14 20:09

Agree Kiwi. Always on the ball, always directing play.....whether zonal defence or man marking him was the preferred tactic he was still able to influence games. Sure he has had some good players around him, yet I doubt they would have looked half as good if Kurt hadn't been playing in the middle of the park. A decent bloke as well, despite the fact he wasn't around to shake my hand after I saved his penalty this year...:) Clearly too embarrassed....

Duck
wrote on 01-Sep-14 10:04

Ok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey duck, > > If you think kurt isnt on here you are on quack. > > No mention of over 35s on here till he joined and > you are the only person so far up his arse to post > about him. > > So its either you or him. Take your pick Ok, I know he isn't and if I'm the only one posting other than him how did this thread start up? I unlike you are not afraid to post my thoughts under my name. I played 35's last year and some results were posted and threads started so not just this year. Might be because the people who were around when this forum started either now play or like to keep tabs on results in 35's because they are over 35. One day you might be good enough to get a mention so keep the chin up and jealousy down! The Best, I never said that he was as good as Bradman, my point was that unless you are you can't compare and he isn't. All the players mentioned in prior posts are quality and that is all that is needed to be said.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 01-Sep-14 11:00

Duck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hey duck, > > > > If you think kurt isnt on here you are on > quack. > > > > No mention of over 35s on here till he joined > and > > you are the only person so far up his arse to > post > > about him. > > > > So its either you or him. Take your pick > > Ok, > > I know he isn't and if I'm the only one posting > other than him how did this thread start up? I > unlike you are not afraid to post my thoughts > under my name. > > I played 35's last year and some results were > posted and threads started so not just this year. > Might be because the people who were around when > this forum started either now play or like to keep > tabs on results in 35's because they are over 35. > > One day you might be good enough to get a mention > so keep the chin up and jealousy down! > > > The Best, > > I never said that he was as good as Bradman, my > point was that unless you are you can't compare > and he isn't. All the players mentioned in prior > posts are quality and that is all that is needed > to be said. Any chance Duck you can start calling me Sir Viv Richards.

Fruit
wrote on 01-Sep-14 13:01

A little confused JH7 as to 'why' the reference to the West Indian great as far as Rick's lineage is concerned? Given the history you shared at Ravens, surely you have showered with him? We prefer the nicknames Gary Coleman for the showers and Scott Muller for out on 'the pitch'.

JH7
wrote on 01-Sep-14 13:05

Sir Garfield Sobers would be more your vintage Richo....

JH7
wrote on 01-Sep-14 14:08

I was referring to his vintage Fruit....not the lineage. Chewbacca worked for us.

Duck
wrote on 01-Sep-14 15:08

Gio I can but I shorten everything so will end up as Dick! Actually if you send me through your form for the trot's I'll call you what ever you want!

Kurt
wrote on 03-Sep-14 15:05

Can we please go back to talking about me.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 07-Sep-14 16:01

Kurt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can we please go back to talking about me. I know it's not you morro as u lack the mathematical ability to solve the problem to post a reply but I want to get the post back on you. My third favourite player to play with in my career behind my bro and DB. You go ok for a 49 year old.

Google
wrote on 09-Sep-14 14:03

Rick Gio # 22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kurt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can we please go back to talking about me. > > > I know it's not you morro as u lack the > mathematical ability to solve the problem to post > a reply but I want to get the post back on you. My > third favourite player to play with in my career > behind my bro and DB. You go ok for a 49 year old. Not sure but lot's of hits/views over 16,000.

Reality
wrote on 09-Sep-14 15:04

15,990 were kurt seeing if anyone responded to his post.

Google
wrote on 10-Sep-14 14:03

Can I have his details please as I would like to buy out his naming rights. No post in the history of the Unofficial GHFA forum has had so many hits.

Face Book
wrote on 10-Sep-14 16:00

Google Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I have his details please as I would like to > buy out his naming rights. No post in the history > of the Unofficial GHFA forum has had so many hits. I can provide them at a consultant's fee of $1,200 as he is hot property and has just won another piece of silverwear.

BD
wrote on 10-Sep-14 17:03

Face Book Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Google Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can I have his details please as I would like > to > > buy out his naming rights. No post in the > history > > of the Unofficial GHFA forum has had so many > hits. > > > I can provide them at a consultant's fee of $1,200 > as he is hot property and has just won another > piece of silverwear. I rate the old guy.

Gene Isoardi
wrote on 07-Nov-14 16:04

Hi guys, I can say 100 % that you cannot compare the GHFA players to those who play at a far higher level. Firstly the personnel in which makes up the rest of the team within a GHFA are not at the same level as what these NRL boys where accustom too as far as the speed processes on the park in all areas. I do agree that the players that you mention are without a doubt very good players and I have seen them perform. But when you speak of players such as David Batten and Brian Ellem we are talking in a far higher category and yes they too played in the GHFA premier league competition. I know for a fact that when players such as these boys I mentioned above play in an amateur league their speed of thought and player skill contributions in all areas become far slower, hence their playing performance to meet the standards they are surrounded by, reduced speed levels. Also their GHFA team mates are not quite to the understanding of the thinking processes of the professionals particularly when a ball is placed or a move is in progress. The thought level is somewhat inferior and that alone breaks down the objective of the move and making these boys look somewhat out of sort. But via their movement and contribution to the game at that level I could still see from my eyes the class these player hold. As good a player as David Batten was, Brain Ellem was clearly a spontaneous and exciting player. His ball skills where so well knitted and his dribbling of the ball was smooth and closely connected to his feet. Peripheral vision was absolutely unique giving him the ability to distribute the ball at any instant whilst understanding before he received it who was near or around. His centre of gravity when meeting a ball in any situation was excellent. Brian had a wonderful venomous shot particularly when moving through midfield and rattled many of the opposition keepers and goal posts. His playing style performance was effortless, totally controlled and very smooth. Again, we all think at a level that we are accustom to and if you have not experienced the level of professional football then we only see the outer parts not the full detail of these fabulous players.

Jason from Kenthurst
wrote on 07-Nov-14 20:02

How many world cups did batts and Kurtz play in?

NONE
wrote on 10-Nov-14 13:00

Jason from Kenthurst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many world cups did batts and Kurtz play in? He went backwards in every game of soccer I have ever watched him play in. Not amongst the top 50 all-time OZ players to play the game and not a better GHFA player than Kurt.

the great debate
wrote on 10-Nov-14 17:01

personally ive been coached by batts and played kurt a few times, kurt no doubt is a great player, but batts brings success where ever he goes, still had great foot work for an older player and knew how to shot, is a great coach and player would love to see him coaching somewhere again, great bloke to have in the league

GO AWAY
wrote on 10-Nov-14 17:05

the great debate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > personally ive been coached by batts and played > kurt a few times, kurt no doubt is a great player, > but batts brings success where ever he goes, still > had great foot work for an older player and knew > how to shot, is a great coach and player > would love to see him coaching somewhere again, > great bloke to have in the league Everybody knows it was you that posted that kiwi.

Sol
wrote on 10-Nov-14 20:06

It's true. Batts also helped Kenthurst do the 3peat. As soon has he left, we won every premiership since.

Come on
wrote on 10-Nov-14 20:09

Can we move on please. All the guys mentioned were good players and some good coaches. No need to bag them all out. It was enjoyable to play with and against them all.

Robertmut
wrote on 27-May-16 03:05

http://vladimir20.ru/go.php?link=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn http://www.infohep.org/Aggregator.ashx?url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn http://www.mehrdrauf.de/gate/urlgate.aspx?xit&url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn&product=lph3&client=sparkasse-westmuensterland http://www.nylonx.net/cgi-bin/at3/out.cgi?id=142&trade=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/electronic-cigarettes http://www.artistscope.net/banners/footer/go.asp?url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn how cigarette works what is menthol in cigarettes best 510 tank cartomizer vapor rush e joint e cig liquid las vegas vapor cannon vaporizer vaporiser cinnamon flavoured youtube electronic cigarette fda e cig http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/e-liquid-cartridges/fruit-flavored-e-liquids/orange-crush.html orange crush soda retailers http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/ what is the best e cig vaporizer http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/electronic-cigarettes/vaporfi-orbit-dry-herb-vaporizer-kit.html herb vaporizer http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/electronic-cigarettes/ electrical cigarettes http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/ top vaporizer brand http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/e-liquid-cartridges/ http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/e-liquid-cartridges/other-flavored-e-liquids/cuban-mojito.html http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/accessories/chargers/pro-chargers/vaporfi-pro-rocket-variable-usb-charger.html http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/e-liquid-cartridges/red-hot-cinnamon.html http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/e-liquid-cartridges/tobacco-flavored-e-liquids/ [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/]liquid shop[/url] [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/]buy ecig[/url] [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/electronic-cigarettes/vaporfi-platinum-pro-kit.html]p latinum[/url] [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/wholesale/]e-liquid nicotine wholesale[/url] [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn/how-it-works/faq.html]2 ohm cartomizers[/url] [url=http://www.cheapelectroniccigarettes.cn]More info...[/url]

Author:
Subject: