What happened to the famous EEW o35?

Views: 3981 Posts: 31
Tiger TRain
wrote on 28-Mar-14 18:04

.. how come they 're not playing this year? bored with the non-competition?

Moved
wrote on 28-Mar-14 23:07

Playing 45s they are old bastards now

Old bugger
wrote on 29-Mar-14 17:04

Looking at how they went last year, winning the comp easy and making semis of c of c, they could have gone around again and probably won it just as easy when you look at the sides in the comp this year. I can't see any side apart from maybe Penno who have strengthened by the talk going around. But considering Penno hold the spoon,they will have to knock off the bridesmaids of the last few years in redbacks and a physical hills hawks. Moved, they may be old but they play good football and have shown a few quality sides over the years what it is about. I remember a few good games against them and would say they would have to be one of the best teams ever to play in ghfa alongside a team down at peel park who played all age and 35's against them.

0ld Fart
wrote on 29-Mar-14 20:00

O35 football on the top DIVs are waning.. Divisions have been stagnant at 7 for a fair few years -- and looking at Div 1 and 2 - the are 6 & 7 teams respectively. Not looking like a decent competitions for a number of years now.

Muahaha
wrote on 29-Mar-14 20:03

AND NOW - they will give those Village People a run for their money in O45 div 1.. looking forward

Numbers
wrote on 29-Mar-14 23:07

About 7 years ago there were 8 over 35 divisions and no over 45s This year there's 11 divisions combining 35s and 45s. So its still growing in popularity, but there are not enough of us old farts who take it seriously enough to want to play high standard ex PL players. Maybe EEW moving to 45s will change this? Good luck to the other over 45 div 1 teams.

Old timer
wrote on 30-Mar-14 09:09

I think EEW will beat the better O45 teams by 5 and the lower teams by 10 unless they have lost a few of their better players. Think they have moved to 045's too early. Specials to win the 045's COC's.

Peel Power.
wrote on 31-Mar-14 11:01

Old timer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think EEW will beat the better O45 teams by 5 > and the lower teams by 10 unless they have lost a > few of their better players. Think they have moved > to 045's too early. Specials to win the 045's > COC's. Ravens 35's will kick everyone's butttttsss. Runners up last year and heaps stronger with a couple of big names dropping back from PL.

JH7
wrote on 31-Mar-14 11:06

Runners up in 2nd division mind you....and I am not sure who the PL players are who have joined the team...

Peel Power.
wrote on 31-Mar-14 15:00

Hunter and J Miller

THE ROCK
wrote on 01-Apr-14 01:07

I saw these boys play against the Baulkham hills o45s in some serious rain. Looked like they were simply taking the piss out of them. Shoe in for the 45s comp from what I saw.

JH7
wrote on 01-Apr-14 09:08

Hunter isn't playing O35s......this he is playing in another district now. J Miller is at West Pennant Hills with his brother I am pretty sure.

JH7
wrote on 01-Apr-14 11:00

Nope - no-one has been promoted to O35s from PL. Ravens PL definitely has a lot of youth there now. Chris Gio, Matty Roberts and Oppy are a few of the elder statesmen remaining.....after Hunter, Artie, Julian, Richo, Cheyne etc have all moved on. The Ravens O35s is still the players from the previous generation of Roids, Aman, Robbie, McIndoe etc.

Peel Power.
wrote on 01-Apr-14 11:09

JH7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hunter isn't playing O35s......this he is playing > in another district now. J Miller is at West > Pennant Hills with his brother I am pretty sure. What about any of the other old guys are they playing over 35's as the current PL team looks heaps younger.

JH7
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:00

I am the reserve goal keeper these days mate (only play in Aman's absence).....which may bring the estimation of the team down, or up I suppose, depending on your opinion of my goal keeping skills.... Put it this way there were a lot of opposition players last year whose eyes lit up when they saw me standing in between the sticks. "Chip him, chip him" was the constant call.

Bright Spark
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:00

sorry i realised it would be better to post my previous post ^ as a new topic .

Bright Spark
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:03

Why didnt GHFA arrange the O35's more evenly ? Seems pretty easy to shuffle teams upward to form 8-team divs. Div 1 shouldnt have the bye. They could leave that for the lowest div. Div 1) 7 teams 2) 6 3) 8 4) 8 5) 10 6) 8 7) 8

Peel Power.
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:06

JH7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nope - no-one has been promoted to O35s from PL. > > Ravens PL definitely has a lot of youth there now. > Chris Gio, Matty Roberts and Oppy are a few of the > elder statesmen remaining.....after Hunter, Artie, > Julian, Richo, Cheyne etc have all moved on. > > The Ravens O35s is still the players from the > previous generation of Roids, Aman, Robbie, > McIndoe etc. Some real good players mentioned above with Roids, Robbie and McIndoe all super players. Add in Zorby and yourself and it is a good team.

Fruit
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:07

Agreed Bright Spark, but teams from Div 2 who finish in the first two positions have traditionally whinged about not being 'up to standard'. Last year there was 6 teams from memory. In the past, they have been offered the chance to actually knock back coming into Div 1 which I think isn't in the spirit of the game. This year, WPH 35s which includes mainly ex-PL players, including the Iredale brothers, have somehow managed to get themselves relegated to Div 2. Last year we (Penno) knew well before the season that we were going to be without 6 of our strongest players for 2013, but we hung in there anyway. Obviously history shows that we came last and we sucked big time, but we figured we would prefer to play at that level, than wimp out and ask to be relegated.

Tiger TRain
wrote on 01-Apr-14 12:09

Bright Spark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why didnt GHFA arrange the O35's more evenly ? > Seems pretty easy to shuffle teams upward to form > 8-team divs. > Div 1 shouldnt have the bye. They could leave that > for the lowest div. > > Div > 1) 7 teams > 2) 6 > 3) 8 > 4) 8 > 5) 10 > 6) 8 > 7) 8 nice one. Div 1 old buggers needs the bye since the action is fast n furious.

Sir Angry Eyes
wrote on 01-Apr-14 13:02

JH7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rick Giometti and Kurt to start with... Yeah but Rick's only good for a couple of games a season in between all the suspensions :)

JH7
wrote on 01-Apr-14 13:05

Rick Giometti and Kurt to start with...

Who Juice
wrote on 01-Apr-14 13:06

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe the WPH team doesn't have the same players > anymore... and given PEN's new additions for the > season one would think your competitiveness has > greatly improved. Who have Pen got that they did not have in 13?

Juice
wrote on 01-Apr-14 13:07

Maybe the WPH team doesn't have the same players anymore... and given PEN's new additions for the season one would think your competitiveness has greatly improved.

Fruit
wrote on 01-Apr-14 14:03

That's exactly what I refer to Juice ..... The fact we knew we didn't have 6 of our best in '13 but hung in there mainly cos we have watched for quite a few years teams pulling out or declining promoting. We thought 'stuff it' lets have a crack anyway (and yes, we sucked). Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less in what division WPH wanted to play in this year, they may have had some retirees. My point was that Div 1 is always unbalanced in regards to numbers, as whenever a team pulls the pin, a lot of teams fear it for some reason - which to me is missing out on challenging yourself.

noddy
wrote on 08-Apr-14 13:03

Cronulla were that far ahead of every team last year (with perhaps the exception of west pymble), be the only team capable of giving them a game. Hopefully they wont meet before the final.Be like old days.

noddy
wrote on 08-Apr-14 13:05

c of c final.....eew v cronulla rsl.

Tiger TRain
wrote on 08-Apr-14 13:09

noddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > c of c final.....eew v cronulla rsl. yes good call. i can see that happening. they have already beaten the best side 2:0 last week

oldmanjoe
wrote on 30-May-14 23:08

Looks like 35s comp is a close competition! It would have been a great comp if EEW had hung around. More ex PL players should consider the move to this division. Pennant Hills SC - 15 Redbacks FC - 14 Hunters Hill SC - 14 Ravens SC - 14 Hills Hawks FC - 12 Thornleigh SC - 6 North Ryde SC - 6

woodies
wrote on 31-May-14 20:02

STA may have a team there next year from what I've heard. And they'd be the guys that were running around in 2005. They're currently playing AA2.

Witch doctor
wrote on 31-May-14 22:07

woodies Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STA may have a team there next year from what I've > heard. And they'd be the guys that were running > around in 2005. They're currently playing AA2. Redbacks look the ones ravens next best

Author:
Subject: