GHFA JOKE!

Views: 5363 Posts: 53
THE ROCK
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:00

nice one. Well if that's the case how come there are trial games allowed on the exact same grounds. Check the GHFA uncovered games http://www.ghfra.com.au/hgrefrep.cl?PT=uc&DP=1-04-14&seq=13&dateSelected=29-03-14 And BTW, it's got nothing to do with the grounds, clubs & council control the ground and ref's have the final call to play or not to play. GHFa have a hard task to reschudle games, but surely it can be done.

Who runs GHFA
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:01

How can GHFA call off a whole round of football because of the 3 games out of 10 being rained out? GHFA need to come up with some answers.

Agreed!
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:01

100% Agree, why would they call all games off if the majority of grounds are playable...I don't want my long weekend to be full of football, neither does my mrs.

Poor management
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:03

7 out of 10 games are OPEN, what is GHFA doing? PL West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook FC vs. Epping Eastwood FC – Campbell Park – OPEN (Hornsby Council) Eastwood St Andrews AFC vs. Redbacks FC – Eastwood Oval No.1 – CLOSED (Ryde Council) Gladesville Ravens SC vs. Hills Hawks FC – Peel Park – OPEN (Ryde Council) Hills Pumas FC vs. Normanhurst FC – Les Shore No.2 – CLOSED (Hills Council) Pennant Hills SC vs. Kenthurst & District SC – Pennant Hills Park – OPEN (Hornsby Council) SL West Ryde Rovers Soccer Club vs. Ararat Soccer Club – Meadowbank No.2 – OPEN (Ryde Council) St Patricks Soccer Club vs. Gladesville Sharks FC – Epping Boys High School – OPEN (Privately managed) Roselea FC vs. Thornleigh SC – Carlingford No.3 – OPEN – (Hornsby Council) Glenhaven SC vs. North Epping Rangers SC – Holland Reserve No.1 – CLOSED (Hills Council) Epping YMCA FC vs. Ryde Saints United FC – West Epping No.1 – OPEN (Hornsby Council)

GreenThumb
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:04

Maybe it will rain a bit tomorrow. so they are being proactive and circumspect to protect the turf from being torned up by the likes of The ROck who is known to do scything tackles which will plough the turf. What;s not to like

HA!
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:06

Who runs GHFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GHFA need to come up with some answers. Hahahaha yeah good luck with that.

Ephs kid
wrote on 28-Mar-14 15:09

Epping boys looks shite ATM

NG4
wrote on 28-Mar-14 16:03

Refereed a school game today in ryde and the pitches were open and bone dry. Open for school comps but not club games... Very interesting as always:) Love a Double Header though don't we,haha. NG

mattress
wrote on 28-Mar-14 16:04

When ever do you see council's "workers" work, let alone in the rain!!!

council man
wrote on 28-Mar-14 16:05

i think there are stop work regulations if it rains,,,

The world owes you everything
wrote on 28-Mar-14 16:07

Anyone stop to think if posts are up? Cricket season finished last weekend. Leaving council to put posts up this week only, which was pi$$ing down all but today. Therefore majority post aren't up. And from memory posts have to be setup for a few days to prove their stability (insurance and OHS requirement) Hence the term unplayable.

Fool
wrote on 28-Mar-14 16:09

The world owes you everything Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone stop to think if posts are up? > > Cricket season finished last weekend. > Leaving council to put posts up this week only, > which was pi$$ing down all but today. Therefore > majority post aren't up. > > And from memory posts have to be setup for a few > days to prove their stability (insurance and OHS > requirement) > > > Hence the term unplayable. You can't put posts up in the rain?

kiwi
wrote on 28-Mar-14 17:05

From what I heard most of hornsby council fields are shut, penno park was 1 of only a couple open. The notice does not get updated as it is still summer but club officials were notified by council and parks managers Campbell still needs the grass to go down so that tells you it wasn't open, EEw dont even have line marking some fields just got top dressed. The rain this week stopped most fields from being completed. Not GHFA fault so stop blaming them for something out of their control. Enjoy the weekend

Councillor
wrote on 28-Mar-14 18:09

kiwi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From what I heard most of hornsby council fields > are shut, penno park was 1 of only a couple open. > The notice does not get updated as it is still > summer but club officials were notified by council > and parks managers > Campbell still needs the grass to go down so that > tells you it wasn't open, EEw dont even have line > marking some fields just got top dressed. > The rain this week stopped most fields from being > completed. > Not GHFA fault so stop blaming them for something > out of their control. > Enjoy the weekend only these are closed - the rest open Campbell Park - Closed Carlingford Oval - Closed Edward Bennet Oval - Closed Pennant Hills Oval 1 - Closed Roselea Oval - Closed West Epping Oval - Closed

kiwi
wrote on 28-Mar-14 19:07

Its raining, Farrrk can the GHFA get there shit together and make the rain stop. GHFA Also can you see if on Wednesday you could make it sunny as I a have big concrete pour scheduled. It seems everyone thinks GHFA controls everything. Stop being so ridiculous if they chose not to play the round its their choice, in the end they are damned if you do and damned if you don't with most. So what if it is cancelled get over it.

Hahaha your a joke
wrote on 28-Mar-14 20:05

Kiwi you hiding behind the fact that you get one more wk before every1 starts stating that west penno are going to be useless and in relegation zone again you flip, maybe people are disappointed not to be playing that's all you twat

kiwi
wrote on 28-Mar-14 21:07

So your disappointed and you blame GHFA for the rain council workers not fixing fields and then council closing ground. Mummy should of said no to you more often, Gen, I want everything and don't want to earn it. You twat, nice one dickhead

Explain
wrote on 28-Mar-14 22:05

Kiwi. You are had to follow ? Very complex.

U knob
wrote on 28-Mar-14 23:06

Kiwi wtf are u going on about? Earn it? We pay rego fees isn't that enough to? Or do we have to earn the right to play? Fact is grounds are open, but ghfa are closed. Time to get some motivated ghfa staff not stale shriveled current members

Bright Spark
wrote on 29-Mar-14 01:00

It seems most grounds are open but not prepared for football yet. So who do we blame for the lack of goal posts and line marking? As for the rain excuse, what if it rains continuously another week? Another postponement? Someone's dropped the ball.

kiwi
wrote on 29-Mar-14 05:02

My point is why is it the ghfa fault, as the title is GHFA JOKE. Blame it on the rain!!. I find it hard to believe that you can blame the ghfa for the round being cancelled. Over it, lets hope we can get on next week.

C'mon kiwi
wrote on 29-Mar-14 09:02

I know Wph has been on the breast of ghfa for years now but c'mon! Ghfa could have rescheduled the conflicting games.

rehtard
wrote on 29-Mar-14 09:03

cos it has nothing to do with the rain you retard the grounds are open but the round is still canceled everything to do with the ghfa

Greystoke
wrote on 29-Mar-14 09:04

For those that need their footballing 'fix' Spirit FC Vs Sydney Uni 7.30 tonight at Christie Park.Plenty of GHFA players in the battle against the 'students'.

disappointed
wrote on 29-Mar-14 11:06

ok, so the GhFA bashing is probably a bit over the top, but why not play the 7 games that were on grounds that are dressed, posts up, deemed OK by council to play on etc and then only 3 games to reschedule. Football, souvlakia & beers at Peel would have lovely on a day like this :)

Maths geek
wrote on 29-Mar-14 12:02

I think you will find there is a difference between "grounds open" and "grounds ready for play". Just because the grounds are open doesn't mean the posts are up or the line are marked.

kiwi
wrote on 29-Mar-14 12:08

Campbell not ready to play still waiting on council to lay turf. Closed West epping closed And carlingford closed That makes 6 closed and 4 could go ahead, mind you more chance of rain than sunshine for Saturday. We are just as keen as anyone, maybe just a bit more experience (old) Lets hope we can get on next week

Curious Non-Attendee
wrote on 29-Mar-14 22:01

Now due to games being off, teams will play the same team Saturday and Monday of the long weekend.. Gold.

Missed the point
wrote on 30-Mar-14 07:03

So why not move the bloody games to grounds that are dressed, open and ready to play. Pl/sl are the only ones on this weekend. Not that hard to find grounds that are open. Kiwi- by the sounds of it Campbell won't be ready for a few weeks?

always a joke
wrote on 05-Jun-14 11:09

how do you get suspended for 10 weeks for swearing in this comp when there are players like NG who swear directly at the ref for the whole game and get nothing the ghfa is a complete and absolute joke!

Sword swallower
wrote on 05-Jun-14 12:08

Well NG is a sword sucker, gets away with it all. How do you think kenthurst attracted all the stars to their team

Jabroni
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:00

????? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What did the c**t do? You mean kent?

snakehead
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:05

Sword swallower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well NG is a sword sucker, gets away with it all. > How do you think kenthurst attracted all the stars > to their team bush tucker?

my bad
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:05

it was actually reduced to 6 matches last night thanks ghfa for making him miss out on a third of the season for doing what almost every single other player and some refs do every week ...

Old Man Walking or Limping
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:06

always a joke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how do you get suspended for 10 weeks for swearing > in this comp when there are players like NG who > swear directly at the ref for the whole game and > get nothing > > the ghfa is a complete and absolute joke! I feel for the young fella who was suspended as it seems extremely harsh (10 weeks).

?????
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:09

What did the c**t do?

Really?
wrote on 05-Jun-14 13:09

always a joke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how do you get suspended for 10 weeks for swearing > in this comp when there are players like NG who > swear directly at the ref for the whole game and > get nothing > > the ghfa is a complete and absolute joke! Who got suspended for 10 weeks?

kiwi
wrote on 05-Jun-14 14:01

Had to be more than just swearing

JP
wrote on 05-Jun-14 14:04

i have a feeling this is the ravens player sent off at peel the week before last not only was your conduct when you left the field of play a joke, also telling puma boys to "leave you F*&^ing ground" when we were standing around having a chat after a nice warm shower.. but mate you were lucky to get the minutes you did, filthiest man on the pitch, you could have seen at least 4 yellows during the course of the match guess what pal, they have notepads for a reason, enjoy your time off, you've earned it!

giveup
wrote on 05-Jun-14 14:08

nope it even said in the report it wasnt directed at anyone it was just loud swearing but the ghfa are trying to make a stand on swearing and chose this 21 yr old to do it with he was a key player and now ghfa have ruined the rest of his and his teams whole season

what?
wrote on 05-Jun-14 16:05

wtf is this? a Ravens player being civil and coherent? well we can't possibly allow this! who are we going to bait and troll after each round now? might have to stick with kenthurst.

class
wrote on 05-Jun-14 16:05

NO9 Ravens Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As much as i appreciate my team-mates (i assume) > sticking up for me on here. There is no point > complaining about a decision that can't be > overturned. I am disappointed with the decision, > don't get me wrong, but we have to move on and > look forward to the next game. I apologised for my > antics on & off the pitch after being sent off to > the opposition coach, he was very understanding > and seemed like a decent fella. I must also pay > tribute to the Pumas players who did not make a > big deal of it. @JP my comments after the match > where made following a couple of your players > remarks to several of my team-mates. It was all > handbags to be fair. However i can understand how > you and your players may not like what was said, > and for that i can hold my hand up and apologise. > > > Good luck for the rest of your season! Well said Darcy

NO9 Ravens
wrote on 05-Jun-14 16:06

As much as i appreciate my team-mates (i assume) sticking up for me on here. There is no point complaining about a decision that can't be overturned. I am disappointed with the decision, don't get me wrong, but we have to move on and look forward to the next game. I apologised for my antics on & off the pitch after being sent off to the opposition coach, he was very understanding and seemed like a decent fella. I must also pay tribute to the Pumas players who did not make a big deal of it. @JP my comments after the match where made following a couple of your players remarks to several of my team-mates. It was all handbags to be fair. However i can understand how you and your players may not like what was said, and for that i can hold my hand up and apologise. Good luck for the rest of your season!

bumpkins
wrote on 05-Jun-14 18:05

JP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i have a feeling this is the ravens player sent > off at peel the week before last > > not only was your conduct when you left the field > of play a joke, also telling puma boys to "leave > you F*&^ing ground" when we were standing around > having a chat after a nice warm shower.. > > but mate you were lucky to get the minutes you > did, filthiest man on the pitch, you could have > seen at least 4 yellows during the course of the > match > > guess what pal, they have notepads for a reason, > enjoy your time off, you've earned it! NO9 Ravens Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As much as i appreciate my team-mates (i assume) > sticking up for me on here. There is no point > complaining about a decision that can't be > overturned. I am disappointed with the decision, > don't get me wrong, but we have to move on and > look forward to the next game. I apologised for my > antics on & off the pitch after being sent off to > the opposition coach, he was very understanding > and seemed like a decent fella. I must also pay > tribute to the Pumas players who did not make a > big deal of it. @JP my comments after the match > where made following a couple of your players > remarks to several of my team-mates. It was all > handbags to be fair. However i can understand how > you and your players may not like what was said, > and for that i can hold my hand up and apologise. > > > Good luck for the rest of your season! The massive difference between these two posts sorta makes it seem like your pulling shit out of your ass jp.

triangle
wrote on 06-Jun-14 10:02

what was the triangle suspended for again?

Bumpkins teacher
wrote on 06-Jun-14 10:09

Bumpkins if you read NO 9 Ravens post, he is actually admitting to some of the claims from JP. Happy to be a helping hand when required.

JP
wrote on 06-Jun-14 10:09

very admirable of you #9, one of our boys had a very similar spell a couple seasons back, so i can sympathize with your situation, the GHFA are very protective of their boys in black when it come to this kind of thing, best of luck to you too champ

Juice
wrote on 06-Jun-14 17:08

GFHA issued to clubs early May with a similar issue at the end of 2013. How clubs circulate this information is up to them.

That's nice, but...
wrote on 06-Jun-14 18:07

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GFHA issued to clubs early May with a similar > issue at the end of 2013. How clubs circulate this > information is up to them. This particular incident had nothing to do with abuse towards referees, linesmen or any other match official. From what i've heard it revolves around swearing in general. So although that letter is lovely it is irrelevent to this conversation

F bomb
wrote on 06-Jun-14 19:08

3 years ago I was told by the ref's association that the F word is common place in society so no issue with its use, now we have suspensions for its use, I can see how players get upset when pulled up and the fairness is in imbalance. Suppose the answer is , just don't use that word and play footy... Have a great weekend all. Good luck.

Juice
wrote on 06-Jun-14 20:08

That's nice, but... Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > GFHA issued to clubs early May with a similar > > issue at the end of 2013. How clubs circulate > this > > information is up to them. > > > This particular incident had nothing to do with > abuse towards referees, linesmen or any other > match official. From what i've heard it revolves > around swearing in general. > > So although that letter is lovely it is irrelevent > to this conversation Perhaps not directly genius but it's the conduct. Pat martins screamed a word at peel a few years back not directed at anyone and got a straight red. Harsh but it seems nothings changed then. Here's a thought though, don't yell it loud enough for the next suburb to hear

Unfair
wrote on 07-Jun-14 09:03

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Perhaps not directly genius but it's the conduct. > Pat martins screamed a word at peel a few years > back not directed at anyone and got a straight > red. Harsh but it seems nothings changed then. > Here's a thought though, don't yell it loud enough > for the next suburb to hear How does ng get away with it ? He has a loud voice and he swears a lot

grubbery
wrote on 07-Jun-14 09:08

NG is an absolute pig!

Author:
Subject: