Marcus
wrote on 01-Apr-06 17:07

Reserves: NER 2 THL 1 Firsts: NER 2 THL 0

Neo
wrote on 01-Apr-06 17:08

Reserves wph 0 Sta 2 Firsts wph 0 Sta 0

Penno Hater
wrote on 01-Apr-06 19:02

The all mighty Penno went down to Normo 1-0 in first I dont know about stiffs Are they still the league favourites?

Batts
wrote on 01-Apr-06 19:04

Penno went down in the stiffs. Not sure of score. Couldn't hear between Kurt sobbing. Ravens and EEW drew in firsts 1 all and I lost interest in the conversation, so didn' get the stiffies result. Called Muzza from the Villagers but no reply. Maybe they surrendered early and went to the Pub. Laim, Butts or Hicky. You there ?? any result ?? Did you kick the villagers off the park as expected. ???

gordie
wrote on 01-Apr-06 20:00

wph 0 sta 0 -- bet no one picked that. thl 0 nerds 2 -- thought blunder would be competitive this yr.

bud
wrote on 01-Apr-06 20:02

LEA 3 - YMCA 0

butts
wrote on 01-Apr-06 20:05

Yes Batts We won 3 donut and stiffs lost 2-1.looking forward to next week champ,ill bring the pies you bring the beer(my loss i know i can afford it)

Juice
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:01

According to Boz when I saw him at WPH sporto this arvo, he did play!

Damn Fool
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:01

Guess results of Pennos pre season counted for diddly squat.

noah
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:02

>>17 wash outs and we will finish as champions!!! << yeah right & i will be your uncle. uncle noah.

penno buster
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:02

maybe becos boz did not play

LiamW
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:04

If all the results are correct here is the league table http://www.roseleasoccerclub.com/LeagueTables.asp Butts and I have just had a few beers with a good mate of ours Geronimo the Cherokee Indian. He has been teaching us how to do rain dances!!! 17 wash outs and we will finish as champions!!!

LiamW
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:04

Batts I have already saved the league table and at least we can say we led the league at one stage!! Our ref was quite good today too. He booked Hicky for taking his shirt off when he scored!!! It was the only time blokes have called "Give him a card ref" but from his own teammates!!!

Batts
wrote on 01-Apr-06 22:08

Where do I start in advert of Anger Management on Channel 7. Roselea top of the table.Take a snapshot Butts/Liam as it will be the last you see of that table old pals. As bad we have been and were today, our goalie played in both grades and is yet to make a save. Bring on something decent (no disrepect to the Blunder of course). Damo gave plenty of lip service but no action. Hmmm Well Butts, I have been eating my fair share of pies and drinking more than my share of beers (in the drought of course) , you can bring all you want brother. Just bring it.... A New moon accounted for plenty this weekend. At least our ref was decent today.

Batts
wrote on 01-Apr-06 23:01

Liam, the last time I saw Hicky down at Dee WHY he was 110+ kilos so I would have joined in. He would have scared the kiddies with his shirt off. So if he is scoring from achoring the midfield, it doesn't say much from you out wide on the left. Que ?? Probably from a corner. You must have a wife and kids as the young punks from the Woodies who love to take the piss out of me are not on the site tonight. Maybe they are eating humble Pie at a nil all draw with the internally troubled Cherrybrookers. Maybe that old fool from the Hill is breakdancing at the Eastwood Club at present. who knows, who cares... Can'nt wait for the Fool on the Hill's call.

PB
wrote on 02-Apr-06 01:07

The goal scored by the rather large unit today from Lea, was anything but intentional...his celebration though smacked of nothing but stupidity...must have forgotten he is no longer playing in front 1000 punters at Breakers stadium...absolute TOOL!!! Though they won 3-0 Roselea will not threaten the top 6 in this comp...they will survive, i will give them that...it was only the fact that they were on average 8-10 yrs older than there opponents and a little bigger and wiser that they won today...the football they played was nothing short of boring!!! As for the Y with six 17 yr olds making their 1st grade debut today it will certainly be a season of transition. (if not the drop)

Winner
wrote on 02-Apr-06 11:04

Boz certainly did play, didnt do much though. Took a dive in the second half, it was worse than Drogba. Thats about all he did. It could have been 2-0 as normo hit the cross bar in the last 10 minutes. I though st andrews were the team to beat, we'll see next week who the real contenders are.

Benn
wrote on 02-Apr-06 17:03

Whose Normo's number four

Pen
wrote on 02-Apr-06 17:04

Sad to say that Boz did play but was marked out of the game by the Normo defence. Normo Blonde #4 cleaned him up everytime he got the ball well be back next week though

No Doubt
wrote on 02-Apr-06 17:07

Of course you will back next week, but whether you get any points is another matter If you lose again next week it will be extremely hard to win the whole comp as the pressure will be too much. Of course its mathematically easy but the psych will dig way too deep

Pete
wrote on 02-Apr-06 18:07

No surprise hearing Boz marked out of a game. You stay close enough to him that he can't use his only weapon, speed. He can't turn a player, he hasn't got the skill for that. Sure he'll carve up the lower team's defence because of his speed. The Normos and STAs defence, from what I've seen over the years, eat him up with the exception of some miracle ball from his midfield to slice the defence for him to run on to. I'm more interested in his younger striker's form; I hear he's not bad.

AD
wrote on 02-Apr-06 21:02

Normanhursts #4 is Nath Grey. I was shocked to see him playing as there was talk in the off season he went else were. He did however do a job on Boz but i dont think Normo can hang on by the skin of their teeth all year on defence alone. Penno when Boz starts turning up will be a force though. As for their new young striker, he looked twice the player Boz is and will be a threat this year.

someOne
wrote on 03-Apr-06 08:00

so - after round 1- have you seen any surprises or outstanding players? ..is wph as uncompetitive as some would have us believe? will the coach play full-time. .. is STA as depleted as some has touted? ..is normo still looking for a striker/strikers?

JH
wrote on 03-Apr-06 13:04

Lost interest in the conversation......you were talking to my voicemail and you still went on for the better part of 10 minutes Batts. In 2nds it was EEW 2 Rav 1. Boronia Park is in the best condition I have ever seen it. JH

JH
wrote on 03-Apr-06 14:03

My phone battery had run out half way through your message. Yeah it is not bad, although it is a lot slower now and quite spongey, much like yourself. Still a massive improvement compared to what it was. JH

Batts
wrote on 03-Apr-06 14:07

Crickey, did they teach you how to use a computer over there at CommSec ?? Out of the mailroom, learn how to log on and you come out swinging. My knee caps had better look out. And I prefer 'pudgy' to 'spongey' thank you very much.

Batts
wrote on 03-Apr-06 14:09

Oh come on Joel. You should know me by now. It was only because I was cut off that I finished the conversation anyway. Yes Boronia has been returfed and actually looks probably the best out of the cow paddocks we play on (Mac Uni + Morrison Bay excluded of course). What I find funny is that with all EEW's skillfull ball players they have had over the last 15 years, the council waits until they all leave and then convert it into a billiard table. Budgie is very unhappy. (very fat but also unhappy)

JH
wrote on 03-Apr-06 15:06

Yep, I'll be able to do as much work now as you seem to do...

YellowJogs
wrote on 03-Apr-06 15:07

have the weekend results changed anyone's perception on the title? alot was said before the weekend and some of the results have not exactly what the majority expected (WPH, STA, NHM, PEN) are people still counting Normo out? is penno still equal favioutires with STA? are WPH going to struggle for top 4?

Anonymous User
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:01

Batts, Can you give us the goalscorers for your team or are you having no part?

Phantom
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:05

One own goal, and SCott tarrant got one. (although you could maybe say Tarrant got two, i will leave that to debate)

JH
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:07

Frank Farina and Charlie Yankos.

Anonymous User
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:08

For Ressies and 1sts.

DAMIEN
wrote on 03-Apr-06 17:07

Phantom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One own goal, and SCott tarrant got one. (although > you could maybe say Tarrant got two, i will leave > that to debate) I dont think u could call the first goal anything else but an own goal.

timhill2000
wrote on 06-Apr-06 11:00

Pete Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No surprise hearing Boz marked out of a game. You > stay close enough to him that he can't use his > only weapon, speed. He can't turn a player, he > hasn't got the skill for that. hah you're not serious are you? Unless he's lost some of his skill from only training once a week with penno =)

Ranger
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:02

To answer your rhetorical question Damien, if a striker shoots and it comes off the goalie into the net, irrespective of how bad the goalie made the save look, it is considered a goal to the striker (not an own goal) in any other country in the world. So own goal is a tad harsh, no matter how bad your keeper dealt with it.

DAMIEN
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:06

Ranger Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To answer your rhetorical question Damien, if a > striker shoots and it comes off the goalie into > the net, irrespective of how bad the goalie made > the save look, it is considered a goal to the > striker (not an own goal) in any other country in > the world. So own goal is a tad harsh, no matter > how bad your keeper dealt with it. I dont really care. Claim it as a goal, but i am sure most ppl who saw it wouldnt give it to the NER player.

Boz
wrote on 06-Apr-06 12:06

Its true Timmy. Just like Zoolander I can't turn left.

Grump
wrote on 06-Apr-06 17:01

Boz A realistic target you set yourself to score this season.Dont stress about your knockers there only jealous.Bet you dont score against my team.

Author:
Subject: