The greatest GHFA squad ever?

Views: 29428 Posts: 79
T-Bone
wrote on 17-Apr-07 10:06

Yes Box Penetrator I would rather talk about my sexual orientation than my weight Hmm, seriously, why isn't there a mention of the NERds double of 2002 where their only loss ALL year was the dubious "fake moustache" last game to the Villagers that relegated Ravens to Super league. Did the teams above go through the entire year undefeated ?? However I feel the ultimate condition would have to be winning beyond our own backyard. Is EEW of the 90's the only team to win a CofC's and a State Cup ?? Budgie, can you get out of the cafe and confirm this please ?? If so then the debate is over (I hate to admit).

wrote on 17-Apr-07 10:09

Hello fellow players and pundits, I am interested to know who you all think had the strongest squad to ever grace the GHFA's premier league. Here are a few of the contenders: * Epping Eastwood of the mid 90s * St Andrews Double Double squad of 2005 * Pennant Hills in the year they did the double (2000 was it?) * Normo of 06 (or perhaps Normo of a couple of years earlier, when they had the feared Simpson/Leonardi strikeforce?) * Thunder of 07 (ok maybe not yet, but you never know!) Please focus on squad depth rather than the outsanding qualities of a select few players; i.e. consider the number of players playing most weeks in Ressies that could easily cut it at the tempo of Prems. And please be honest, I really would like to know who comes out on top after you have all had your say. Oh, and may I just add that i would be very grateful if more of you could contribute similar posts that invoke some stimulating debate for a change, rather than lowering yourselves to the usual tripe about Damo's mullet, Batts' weight/age, or Nate Gray's sexual orientation. The Box Penetrator

wrote on 17-Apr-07 11:02

I think that's the end of it. As much as I'm not a fan of the Tiger Train that squad have been the best ever in the GHFA in my time (1996 - present) and I came in towards the end of their reign and didn't even see their best team. None of the current teams (2000 - 2006) would have come close.

Statman
wrote on 17-Apr-07 11:03

The woodpeckers claim on their website that are the home of the one and only double double! Can you definately confirm it has been done before Budgie? The true test is going undefeated through the season and winning the final in champs of champs. Not 1 team in the current era has come close to these two. I say it is decided. EEW 94 is the best.

budgie
wrote on 17-Apr-07 11:08

it is hard to compare teams of different era's and i will leave that to others but I can confirm that the EEW squad of the 90's was pretty impressive. They won the Double Double as a squad I believe on more than one occasion and collected 3 of the 4 trophies many years. First grade won the League and GF on many occasions, also winning the Champion of Champions (2 or 3 times) and State Cup (2 or 3 times) - did the all 4 in the one season or least won 3 and made the final of one of the cups only to lose.. my exact memory is a little uncertain. In 94 or 95 they went to Adelaide to Represent NSW in the Australian Ametuer titles to lose on goal difference or penalties or something like that... 5 players made the Australian Ametuer squad (kinda like AFL, no one to play but they still annouce a squad). At their peak they were going undeatfeated and beating top 4 teams 6 or 7 to nil, 13-0 against WPH one year... the premiership was regularly decided with 3 or 4 games to go in an 8 team comp. If you are talking about dominating the opposition then this was it and it lasted a long time. Back then the Champions of Champions didn't really have byes, you'd play the country in round 1, Brookvale in round 2, then St George, then Southern Districts and finally Sutherland in the final - something like that, you get my drift. Bit scretchy on the exact details but I think you get the idea.

T-Bone
wrote on 17-Apr-07 12:09

Not that I was around GHFA then but I remember mates who played amateurs in other areas that in the 80's the YMCA were feared like EEW in the 90's. Apparently the Villagers in that era won just as many if not more than the 90's EEW. But we cannot go back too far its ridiculous. Basically its a shame that GHFA hasn't seemed to have the same statewide supremacy in this millenium. Budgie, you can't remember because you are senile. EEW did the double double in either 93 or 94 (or both), I wasn't around but am positive.

WPH player
wrote on 17-Apr-07 13:04

Yeh pretty sure it was 93 EEW did the double double. They certainly won premiership in 94 but WPH took out ressies that year. EEW again won p'ship in both grades in 95. Penno scrapped in ahead of Glad RSL and Nerds in 96. After that I think it went 97 (Glad RSL), 98 (EEW both grades), 99 (Glad RSL both grades), 00 (Penno), 01 (STA), 02 (NER), 03 (Normo), 04 (WPH) and for the sake of all the new young players in this league, 05 (STA both grades), 06 (Normo both grades)

Boronia Observer
wrote on 17-Apr-07 13:07

Would bet that the EEW 035 team of 2007 which consists of many of the mid 90s squad would still beat many of the Premier League teams of 2007. All you need to do is look at the results from 2006 and you can see that they are still a force to be reckoned with.

wrote on 17-Apr-07 13:07

In 1994, West Pennant Hills won the Reserve Grade Round Robin with a win over EE in the last game. No double double In 1995, EE did the Double Double. In 1996, EE completed 3 of the 4, coming in 4th in the race for the Premiership In 1997, EE only blitzed ressies In 1998, the club was split into Black and Gold and from there, the results become varied From 1999 to 2005, I think it is fair to say that both West Pennant Hills and St Andrews have enjoyed co-domination except during 2002 which North Epping performed exceptionally well and only lost the 1 game. Being a current and somewhat veteran St Andrews player, my comments with regards to the topic heading are that I have seen some excellent players come and ago from within the ranks since my time at the club - since joining in 1999 there has been a level of consistency within that has allowed us to perform in the way that we have and will most likely continue to do so in the future. While I cannot pass judgement on the EE sides of the mid 90's it is clear that they were an exceptional unit as is shown by the results they achieved. Whether or not they are comparable with current sides is something you could only know by knowing the quality of the opposition that they played against. No doubt I'll get fined for posting this, but I think its fair to say that even when we achieved the Double Double, we never at any stage thought our squad was the best of all time or anything like that. We were merely elated at having achieved such a thing and most were aware that EE had done it at some stage in a prior season. Makes for interesting conversation, but I doubt you'll see much response from any Woodies, past or current on this one.

Big Mac
wrote on 17-Apr-07 15:08

I've been in and out of premier league squads since 92 witnessing some pretty strong teams in that time. I may be showing my age here, i think you can't discount the Epping YMCA squads from the 80's/early 90's. I only watched the latter stages of that squad play and what i saw they were pretty strong. I'm not suggesting that they were the best ever but they at very least worth mentioning. Epping Eastwood in the mid 90's were almost untouchable. They had a very strong squad which demanded respect. Tough to break down, scored goals for fun and physically strong. Their one touch passing was something to admire. Other teams learned from them and in turn improved their games in the following years. I don't think Penno from 2000 can be counted in the mix here if we are looking at depth of squads. They had one good year in first grade (1999 finished 4th, 2001 finished 6th) and their ressies finished outside the top 4. Great first grade that year, but not the strongest squad. Fortunately i was a part of the St Andrews team of 2005 and what that squad had was a huge depth. Almost every player could have played first grade that year. The Woods have been pretty consistent since coming up to premier league, not missing out on the top 4 since gaining promotion and their ressies have been there abouts in the last few years. It may be too early to judge Normo, as their run could have just started. They have been top 4 material for some time but one sucessful season doesn't make them the greatest squad ever. Thats just my opinion though.

johnny blaze
wrote on 17-Apr-07 20:06

Anyone that i featured in would be a good start!

LiamW
wrote on 17-Apr-07 22:03

I think I played against EEW in a trial match at DY in either 95 or 96 and they smoked us. I played against the EEW O/35 boys in the recent 6 a side at Mac Uni and they smoked us 3-0 in the grand final. At the end of the day the number of trophies count with the CoC holding the most weight IMO. EEW of the mid 90s is the clear winner

YMCA fan from the 80's
wrote on 14-Jul-08 18:05

The YMCA won a number premierships in the 1980's. I know for sure that the YMCA won premierships in 1986, 1988, 1989 and 1990. I am pretty sure they won Premierships in 1984 and 1983. They had two great sides coached by two great coaches in Des Taylor and Norm Jones. Dave Batten was coached by Norm Jones as a nine year old!

Under Norm Jones (1986-89) the YMCA won the Champions of Champions in 1986 (beating Kissing Point 1-0) and were runners up in 1988 (losing 0-2 to Greys Point). They were also runners up in the Amateur Cup in 1987 (losing to Menai Hawks 0-1). Under Des Taylor in the early 1980's I think they won a Champions of Champions and were runners up in an Amateur Cup.

It would be hard to compare the sides of 1988 to 2008 however Epping YMCA had great talent in the likes of Andy Ferris, Mark Ward, John Henley, John Bligh and Peter Simpson. They also had the first big name foreign import in "Billie" from Scotland who allegedly played professionally in the Scottish Premier.

There was some pretty stiff opposition from North Epping with Gerard McColgan up front (still to this day possibly the hardest man Epping has seen) and David Taylor at the back. The Redbacks were pretty handy in the mid-80's with Peter Roden as sweeper (they made a couple of grand finals).Meadowbank United also won a couple of premioerships in the early 1980's and had a superstar in the "Walrus".

Lunchbox
wrote on 14-Jul-08 19:03

cue player piano music and flickering black and white film reel...

just kidding, i got love for the eighties

Pa
wrote on 14-Jul-08 20:06

I could be wrong, and am in no way comparing Penno 2000 to the Y in the 80's and EEW early 90's, but I'm pretty sure we went through 1st grade undefeated and won the GF in 2000.
A fair effort for a one off season.

Jethro
wrote on 14-Jul-08 22:00

I've seen them all since the first PL season of '77.

I played for Beecroft from '77 to '87 when they had a football club. Now just wombats!

WPH won the first season and lost the C of C final to Nth Bankstown

Meadowbank Budgies came into PL in '78 and pipped Beccroft in the last game of the season to win the premiership. Budgies had very strong squads for years.

Ryde RSL and NER also had great sides in the late '70's and early '80's

I remember the McColgan brothers charging the RSL change room at LH Waud after a grand final armed only with champage bottles.

YMCA took over during the early to mid'80's. I remember them thrashing us (Beecroft) 5-0 in the 1987 GF.

Epping Eastwood in the '90's is definitely my pick.

BTW, Penno are the only club to have played every season of PL since it started.

Cobbs
wrote on 14-Jul-08 22:04

Easily EEW mid 90s, no weakness. We nearly took the points off them a Boronia(own goal in the last minute gave them a draw) Next round we lost 9-1, we went in to the match confident. I think we just made them angry.

Old player
wrote on 14-Jul-08 22:07

Pa

Your almost right I think...lost one to STA in 2nd rnd Im pretty sure in 2000

Old player
wrote on 14-Jul-08 23:03

yeah, PL season started in '77 and my records are the founding clubs were:
HCC
RAV
Hornsby SC
PEN
BEE
NER
STA
WPH

Believe WPH have also been in it from the start and not sure about nerds. Hard to find a team better than EEW blacks from mid 90's

Old boy
wrote on 15-Jul-08 08:03

Nerds and Peno only only 2 clubs never out of premier league, Wph in and out

Old man
wrote on 15-Jul-08 09:06

what years were wph out?

thl
wrote on 15-Jul-08 12:01

mmmmm maybe 09.....maybe

young man.
wrote on 15-Jul-08 12:03

:::: * Thunder of 07 (ok maybe not yet, but you never know!) :::::

thunder of 07...not 08??

thunder? really?

older man
wrote on 15-Jul-08 13:07

82 or 3 out then straight back in the following year

Jethro
wrote on 15-Jul-08 16:01

NER played first season in '77 then dropped out for a while. Same as STA who dropped out as well

Holy Cross - one or two seasons only. Beecroft grabbed all there best players

Hornsby FC went back to Kuringai comp minus McColgan who went to NER

Muz
wrote on 15-Jul-08 17:00

I think some of the teams including the Y went to the Sydney Metro League in the late 70s.

Boz
wrote on 15-Jul-08 17:03

My old man used to play for the Y back then and he said something about playing in a metro league... think they won it too

YMCA Fan from the 80's
wrote on 15-Jul-08 17:03

My brother played for the Y in ressies in the 1980's. He reckons there were two YMCA premier league sides in the early 1980's

One under Des Taylor who played in the Metro League until about 1981/82. And a second who played in the Premier League.

He remembers the Y playing against Seaforth in the metro league. I remember when North Rocks played in the GHFA premier league.

McColgan did play for Hornsby as he used to regularly wear a maroon jumper with the HFC and a lion emblazoned on it!

North Epping PLayer
wrote on 15-Jul-08 17:05

Are you sure Jethro about NERds dropping out ??
We were told they have been ever present by the committee.

PSB
wrote on 15-Jul-08 23:02

There is a Metro League Championship Trophy (well there was the last time i was there) in the trophy cabinet inside the YMCA... the YMCA gym, not the club room.

Steamroller Historian
wrote on 16-Jul-08 08:06

WPH were not in Premier League 1 in at least 1987 and 1988, according to my dusty GHFA Fixture books. I have from 83 onwards with the exception of 85, 86, 89 and 91. Penno and Nerds are the only 2 clubs who have been in PL in all these years. I too have been told NERDS have been it PL since it's inception.

NERDS were a big, physical side back in the Eighties. They did the double in 87 + were also champions in 83 and 88. Runners up in 84 (no stats for 85). YMCA were their main rival. Different game back in those days. Rule changes may make them struggle against the more skilfull EEW of 90s. GF at LH Waud where McColgan mooned the opposition spectators was a highlight, but earned him a yr on the sideline.

I hate to say it, but you cant go past our arch enemies EEW from the 90s. In 94 they won 13, drew 1 with 65 goals for. They backed up the next year with 13 wins and 1 loss. Penno of 2000 with 4 draws, 1 loss and only 27 goals for cant compete.
The competition tables from 94 to 2003 are available on iSport website. http://www.isport.com.au/soccer/ghfa/
Under footbal, select GHFA > Archives, select 99 and then you have access to earlier years.

Jethro
wrote on 16-Jul-08 15:06

I retrieved my old fixture books (1971-1995)

NER dropped out of PL for one season in 1978 then back again in '79. So have missed only one season. NER committee won't like that!

Normo in '78 for one season. In and out since then

YMCA in from '78
YMCA 'B' in for 1981 for one season

STA out in 1981

WPH relegated at end 1986 for 2 seasons

EEW relegated in 1982. Back in 1987

THL in 1981 for two seasons

PL Div 2 started in 1983. North Rocks in for one season

EEW black and gold must be after 1995

YMCA did play in Metropolitan Cup as did EEW and RDP (Marsfield)

Thornleigh, Ravens, WRR and Eastwood Town (St Andrews) all had federation/inter suburban teams in '70's/80's before coming back to PL.

McColgan 'mooned' Ryde RSL supporters after disparaging remarks made about his mother. Hence chamgagne bottles at 6 paces in the dressing room after the game.

That's all folks

YMCA fan from the 80's
wrote on 16-Jul-08 16:07

We are on a roll. Here goes,

Grand Finals

1985 - Ryde RSL beat Redbacks/ North Epping?
1986 - YMA drew Redbacks (0-0)
1987 - NER beat Pennant Hills
1988 - NER beat Beecroft (5-2)
1989 - EEW beat YMA (1-0)
1990 - YMA beat Pen (1-0)

Premierships

1985 - Ryde RSL
1986 - YMA
1987 - NER
1988 - YMA
1989 - YMA
1990 - YMA

I am pretty sure Beecroft were relegated (I tell you what they have been relegated one or two times) in 1984. They went straight back up though in 1985. YMCA had a premier league two side that were runners up in 1984 (Ryde RSL) and 1985 (Beecroft). With a few exceptions much of the YMCA second division side formed the champion division one team in 1986.

Reserve Grade:
NER had a handy reserve grade side that regularly won the premiership however Beecroft used to challenge pretty hard for honours.Ironically both sides were full of x-YMCA juniors, not unlike EEW that powered to premierships in the 1990's with a team full of x-YMCA, Pennant Hills, Beecroft and NER players - read Taylor, Dick (2), Stratford, Whiteside, Benevente, Fidling...And yes Ravens and Eastwood Town had esteemed federation sides. I remember seeing Eastwood Town play the likes of Polonia and the Spanish club at lower Eastwood.

NERDs
wrote on 17-Jul-08 17:06

North Epping Rangers 2008...

FUCK YEAH BABY

Very old Ranger
wrote on 18-Jul-08 11:05

Rangers could have had a very competitive team through the 90s, we had a u/18 side that won C.O.C.2 or 3 times. Majority of that team went to Ryde City with their coach at the time. By the time they returned EEW were a powerhouse. Micheal & Brian Raeburn were NER juniors, their father was coach of NER Premier League. Toss Taylor was an Ner Junior as was:
Chris Beard
Simon Bowyer
more recently Brad Lewis

lowis
wrote on 18-Jul-08 14:09

Brad lewis is average footballer at best. NER were lucky to offload.
Short, slow now, and runs in circles.

Very old Ranger
wrote on 18-Jul-08 15:07

Yeah agreed now, but when he was a young bloke very handy player

Juice
wrote on 18-Jul-08 15:09

and quick

Ex Wood
wrote on 20-Jul-08 15:04

It is obvious that the best team needs to consider gthe CofC and asn an ex player from 05, i think we all regret a little that more effort was not put into the state wide comp. Not for the exscuses but after starting pre seasonin Jan i think a lot of players were relieved we lucked out when we id.

Good run in the the Continental cup though

Ex -y man
wrote on 21-Jul-08 09:02

"NER dropped out of PL for one season in 1978 then back again in '79. So have missed only one season. NER committee won't like that! "

I wish this was true! I broke my jaw against them in 78.

old timer
wrote on 21-Jul-08 13:05

Oh the memories.

Played for Ryde RSL in 1985 winning side.

Not sure we would have beaten best teams of today but we had a drunk up front who had played for Hadjuk Split a season or two previously, and when sober was unstoppable (trouble was he wasn't often sober!).

Team only lasted another couple of seasons and whole club folded as RSL pulled out their support.

Pity really, remember 800 people watching a champions of champions game at Ryde No3...oh how times have changed.

Lunchbox
wrote on 21-Jul-08 16:02

we may have had 800 people at our home games this year (cumulative total.. including players...)

Judge Dread
wrote on 21-Jul-08 20:04

Vale Ryde RSL Rams and Meadowbank United.

Does anyone remember the Rudders and Flamengos?

Jethro
wrote on 21-Jul-08 22:08

Played against Rudders - orange uniform I think

Flamengos were always in trouble - GHFA kicked them out for repeated crown trouble.

Ex Y man - check your medical records for the year you broke your jaw.

1978 Fixture book definitely excludes NER + I have had this discussion with other ex PL players who are also sure NER did not play in 78.

I have asked Kaye Iredale to supply a list of Premiers and Champions since 1977 but still waiting.

Would be good to get something up on the website similar to: http://www.bankstownsoccer.com.au/page22.html

Jethro
wrote on 25-Jul-08 23:06

There's more to it than that.

Try this lot. I've played against about half of them

AFC Monash
Ararat
Beecroft Uniting Church
Carlingford Boys Home
Castle Hill United (or Glenhaven B - one season then back to Granville)
Catholic College of Education
Christ Church Gladesville
Commercial Bank
Concord
Eastwood Sports
Eastwood Town
Epping SC
Ermington United
Ethnor (went to Putney)
Flamencos
Gilroy College
Gladesville Gunners
Gladesville United
Gladesville Uniting Church
Hillview (Marist Bros Eastwood)
Hornsby FC
Hunters Hills Hawks
John Douglas
King Georges Park
Leeds
Legal & General
Marsden Former Pupils
Meadowbank United (from WRR & Eastwood Town)
New Line Sports
North Rocks ( one season)
North Side United
Northern Districts United (Engelfield Stadium - Jenner Road)
Oakhill
OLHC
Olympians
Pennant Hills Raiders
Pennant Hills Uniting Church
Plessey
Rudders
Rydalmere
Ryde RSL
Ryde Thistle
Santa Rosa
Spiritus Sanctus
St Charles
The Hills Gramar School
Thornleigh Baptist Church
Wanderers
West Epping United
West Ryde Uniting

mr pope
wrote on 26-Jul-08 00:07

>> Spiritus Sanctus <<

that sounds the the club i wannna join

Judge Dread
wrote on 27-Jul-08 12:06

I lived just a stone throw away from West Epping Uniting Church.

They had a tidy AA side in the early 1980's. Green and white a touch of brown.

How about the mighty St Michaels - purple and yellow!

Jethro
wrote on 27-Jul-08 21:00

The Y use to play in brown and yellow before swithing to blue and white

Old EEW Player
wrote on 06-Feb-10 13:02

I can confirm that the EEW side of the mid 90's was hot, wont include name in this, but can confirm that I was part of the resizes squad at this time and my first senior soccer out of juniors.

Im still running around playing prems at 34 and I think most of the guys were about my vintage then, we were well drilled and I think i saw some of the best park goals through the likes of Toss, after a long absence will be good to play them this year and to tussle with rayban if he is still running or at least floating the big unit

Homo
wrote on 06-Feb-10 16:06

Why post this thread 6 months after the last one. It is complete dribble anyhow.
Were you one of the infamous 90's EEW that contained quite a few "switch Hitters" ??

switch historian
wrote on 07-Feb-10 01:02

you gotta remember that it was the 90's. switch hittin' was all the rage back then.

Historians never lie
wrote on 08-Feb-10 15:02

Daniel 21 nice try, but you forget there are records to prove all this acounts written by trust worthy people who have nothing to gain from it all. check mate!!!

Daniel 21
wrote on 08-Feb-10 15:05

That is true, but like every historic event, the truth gets lost in translations, or "bent" by idiots on this forum... check!

Daniel 21
wrote on 08-Feb-10 15:09

and this trust worthy people (prophets) have no reason to lie..... i have TWO words for you...

"THE BIBLE" CHECK MATE!!!!! Mate

Moses
wrote on 08-Feb-10 17:01

The BIBLE ??? What the...

I spose ur gonna tell me that It wasn't Simon on the cross but really Jesus. Stop it !!
Is that u Camel ?

The Greyhound
wrote on 09-Jun-10 21:09

Played for Eastwood Town 1978 till 1988 - we played Paddington Spanish and Trasandinos at lower Eastwood before crowds of up to 500-800 at times

who cares
wrote on 10-Jun-10 08:09

I guarantee when I finish playing in this ammateur league I wont be coming on here at 50 to tell all the young boys how good it used to be. Get on with your life pop.

money back guarantee
wrote on 10-Jun-10 09:07

I like hearing about the good ol days. leave pops alone

Craig Simmons
wrote on 20-Mar-17 22:01

Old timer I also played in that side of 1985.It was a tough league back in those days,with big crowds.I think you were referring to a guy by the name of John Begovic,he certainly could play,but did love a drink????????????

Craig Simmons
wrote on 20-Mar-17 23:00

Jethro Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I've seen them all since the first PL season of > '77. > > I played for Beecroft from '77 to '87 when they > had a football club. Now just wombats! > > WPH won the first season and lost the C of C final > to Nth Bankstown > > Meadowbank Budgies came into PL in '78 and pipped > Beccroft in the last game of the season to win the > premiership. Budgies had very strong squads for > years. > > Ryde RSL and NER also had great sides in the late > '70's and early '80's > > I remember the McColgan brothers charging the RSL > change room at LH Waud after a grand final armed > only with champage bottles. > > YMCA took over during the early to mid'80's. I > remember them thrashing us (Beecroft) 5-0 in the > 1987 GF. > > Epping Eastwood in the '90's is definitely my > pick. > > BTW, Penno are the only club to have played every > season of PL since it started. I played in the GF at LH Ward,we had been at loggerheads all season with NER,and by memory they beat us 3-0.It was absolute chaos in the dressing room after the game,great memories though.

Bushboy
wrote on 21-Mar-17 06:00

Surely kenthurst has to enter the convo now as one of the best squads ever Definitely not the best as they bottled the CoC everytime they entered But winning first grade 3 years in a row and having 3 double doubles they must be up there

The Wright Stuff
wrote on 23-Mar-17 17:06

I'm sorry, but any squad that doesn't feature Gareth Wright shouldn't be mentioned as the greatest ever.

Really
wrote on 23-Mar-17 20:03

"The only real derby" ? Whats PH vs WPH?

Really
wrote on 23-Mar-17 20:04

Oops wrong thread. Apologies

Question
wrote on 24-Mar-17 06:06

When was the last time a ghfa team won the CoC ?

DNA42
wrote on 28-Mar-17 08:00

Question Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When was the last time a ghfa team won the CoC ? EEW 1993 Check out the League Honours tab

DNA42
wrote on 28-Mar-17 08:00

Question Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When was the last time a ghfa team won the CoC ? EEW 1993 Check out the League Honours tab

Nope
wrote on 28-Mar-17 11:02

They didn't win the CoC they won the amateur cup.

DNA42
wrote on 28-Mar-17 13:00

Honours tab says in 1993 EEW beat Engadine Eagles 2/1. 1994 EEW won the Amateur Cup. Jethro's research is very reliable.

Nope
wrote on 28-Mar-17 14:01

My mistake

Question
wrote on 29-Mar-17 06:03

It only has till 2013 so wasn't sure if maybe someone won it in the last couple years

THE ROCK
wrote on 29-Mar-17 07:08

nope, No one has won COC from GHFA in the last few years, Kenthurst came mighty close but were dusted in the final by a beaches team?

Juice
wrote on 29-Mar-17 13:03

twice rock if you count dunbar rovers as beaches as well

JH7
wrote on 30-Mar-17 09:08

Ravens lost by a goal to Pittwater RSL in 2011 - think they then beat Kenthurst the following year.

Pitts
wrote on 01-Apr-17 22:04

Yep we won both cocs

Peter Fuller
wrote on 17-Sep-17 18:05

Played with meadowbank in 81,82 before getting a teaching position at Cobar PS. We had a bloke playing for us who was a prisoner.He would get day release to play football! There were some good footballers,but even better drinkers

Gerrard Mc Colgan
wrote on 10-Oct-17 13:00

1985 NER 2 RYDE RSL 1 I KNOW, I SCORED BOTH GOALS

Gerrard Mc Colgan
wrote on 10-Oct-17 13:09

1985 NER 2 RYDE RSL 1 I KNOW, I SCORED BOTH GOALS

Craig Simmons
wrote on 23-Oct-17 22:06

Was that in the G/F Gerrard? Cheers Simmo

Author:
Subject: