Discontent in the Lion's den

Views: 6200 Posts: 31
Oh dear
wrote on 30-Mar-06 15:00

Lions web site quotes "Whats the point Coach of having strict rules and guidelines for your team when the same player year after year defies your instructions for whatever reason (drunk) and still gets a place in the starting line up for first grade only days after? What kind of example does this set for us juniors and your methods? Whats the point.. " Go hard Eddy!!

Roar
wrote on 30-Mar-06 15:07

Seems as though a bit of in fighting and/or sniping is going on at west penno...again http://www.lionspremierleague.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44

Jason
wrote on 30-Mar-06 17:00

couldnt find the quote. must have been removed already (sign of a busy administrator). did note a couple of random posts, one from a churchie dude advertising his site and a picture of a shark, looking snappy. site indicates there have been 69 posts but could see only 29, the others must be for private viewing or they have just gooooone.

pieMan (not glover)
wrote on 30-Mar-06 18:03

>> when the same player year after year defies your instructions for whatever reason (drunk)<< must be benny eating pies and guzzzling too many cans of beer

n00b
wrote on 30-Mar-06 23:04

Obviously not busy enough as the post managed to find its way here. No posts are gooooone just not everything is for public viewing. I still find it amusing that people presume 1/. That the post was referring to Eddy and 2/. That it was someone in the current squad bitching about it when I can think of several people who are NO LONGER in the squad that would post something similar.

dOOb
wrote on 31-Mar-06 08:09

is that what we call "Damage Control" nOOb?

Damn Fool
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:02

Hear hear juice. Come out and be proud !!

Ben
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:03

Pieman, Our coach encourages drinking beer and eating pies. It is a prerequisite. N00b, People have presumed that there was a post to begin with, that i find amusing!

n00b

There would need to be damage to be able to control it.

Juice

No discontent in the Lion's den Roar. We're all one happy pride!

Brutus
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:06

Hey I like the new nickname. Can I use it ?? We may end up friends afterall.

nOOb
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:07

Ohhh an e-threat from Beefcurtains, now im scared.

Brutus Beefcake
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:09

I'll damage you in a minute. You knOOb !!!

I Luv Wadey
wrote on 31-Mar-06 19:06

Cant believe the toss off today between WPH and Wadey at http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,18661601-5001022,00.html Big news indeed in GHFA-land and sure to up the ante on delegates night with Wadey, who has quietly been a long time coach at west penno, now being close to the administration and all, especially as the Iredale boys are no longer in residence. That club pres shore has some balls or is stupid, not sure which but interesting to sit back and watch as the once great club continues to struggle on the PR front. Airing dirty linen in public is not such a great idea I think.

HOOKER
wrote on 31-Mar-06 22:06

Get over it, anyone who lives next to a park should expect that people will be noisy. I say move!

westleigh_ressie
wrote on 31-Mar-06 23:06

..it always been the same everywhere -- my take is - the more affluent the area -- the greater the resistance from residents. If you look at Ruddock Park - they don't even want to allow old geriatric footballers on a sunday kickabout. Now they have accepted flood lights. I am not sure what paved way to the eventual decision to give the green light. Sporting activities in a park definitely puts some "life" back to a derelict dull park and is sure to give some value to real-estate valuations. disagree if you must. surely the residents kids have accesss the these ammenities as well.

President
wrote on 03-Apr-06 11:00

Regarding the comments made by the "I luv Wadey" poster. The club is not airing any dirty laundry but trying to ensure that parks and public space is not reserved for a few but that the whole community can benefit from the use. James Henty is one of 4 home grounds that we are at and the only one without training lights. This was stated to the reporter. Our club has 100 teams and 1400 members. To try and get enough space and time to accomodate all of the teams is a hard task to manage but we try to borrow grounds if they are available, where we can. Other clubs such as Thornleigh, Redbacks, and Roselea have allowed us in the past to access their grounds on 1 night a week when they were not in use. These clubs did this because they, like us, want kids playing football. we are hoping the council passes the motion with the restrictions that we have tried to negotiate with the residents and the council. These have included using the oval for only 3 days per week until 8.30pm. i have also guaranteed the use of the oval would be offered to those local residents first if they were training any of these teams, (which there are a few). The decision that council makes on this not only affects our club but any future developments and lighting proposals in each and every local government area. The paper has seized on the fact that Paul is who he is and the hypocrisy of his stance. The paper is trying to show the celebrity stance and how they can influence council based on who they are. If Paul was not involved in this then i dont think it would have made it into the Telegraph, would you? i have said it time and again, i have no personal issues with Paul, i respect everything that he has achieved and done for the game in this country and the living that he continues to make out of it. What i do have is a different opinion on this issue than he does. I believe that it is hypocritical of him (and others that coach and are involved) to take this stance, especially when he is able to train at other ovals where there are people living not only now but when he was training himself. If you want to be a spokesman for a cause and fire off shots as to why the proposal shouldnt be approved, you have to expect some return fire from the other side. Just because of who he is does not ensure that people should roll over and take it. Our club needed to stand up for this issue and the support that has been received by other clubs within the GHFA has been fantastic and i thank them for that. It is not about ..."having balls or being stupid.." it is about achieving a positive result for all parties involved and getting councils to listen to the wider community regarding the utilisation of public space and sports fields. Regards Jon Siney

Pete
wrote on 03-Apr-06 11:05

Well said President... "I Luv Wadey", I'd love to hear your insight now.

I Luv Wadey
wrote on 03-Apr-06 14:03

My insight is simply this and I repeat: "Airing dirty linen in public is not such a great idea I think." Paul Wade is a respected member of the local football community; this hardly needs saying, let alone in a back-handed & gratuitous fashion by the pres of WPH. Jon Siney showed immaturity, inexperience and naivety, being drawn as he was by the newspaper, into making the comments he did. He has now repeated them (in a fashion) here again. This is not the way to make his case, no matter how worthy it is. Wadey is a friend of football in this area; the issue of lights at James Henty was around well before he arrived in the district and it looks as if it has all got a bit out of hand recently, not helped by how the issue is managed by local council. Sort these issues out around the table, not in a national newspaper.

linen manager
wrote on 03-Apr-06 15:02

it's not dirty linen or underwear - it is a community /ammenity/public infrastructure issue. so wise guy - perhaps we should get you into that round table.

President
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:05

You are right "I L W" airing dirty linen in public is not the place to do it, but surely a decision regarding a public space set down for development to help community groups and clubs such as ours is not dirty linen?? This should be seen as an issue facing our community and the impact a decision like this can have on other councils and community groups. Forgive me for trying to let you (and other interested parties) understand the situation. When i was looking for support on this issue from the other GHFA clubs at the association day, all of them said " get Wadey to help you on this issue". When it was explained to them the situation that Paul was already involved and leading the charge against it they couldnt believe it themselves. If Paul lived anywhere else would he be against the development and as parochial as he has been, maybe/maybe not. All we can do is look at the situation as it currently stands. Would the paper have taken an interest if Paul wasnt involved, probably not. i have said it over and over, i have no issue with Paul at all. in a democracy people are allowed to disagree and put opposing points of view across. People will be boisterous and passionate on different issues and we (Paul, the residents and the club) happen to have different points of view and different agendas on this matter. There is no malice involved from our side at all and this has never been a personal attack on him or any other person. But the media will portray things as they see them. Paul has stated that he is fully in support of sport being played, it seems to me and others he just doesnt want them doing it at an oval behind his house, but he is happy to train at Campbell park where other residents live. That is hypocritical. The paper saw it the same way. Whether the issue was well around before Paul came to the area i do not know. But there has been controversy over thispark since it was first opened nearly 10 years ago. The area and our club has grown quite significantly yet the training space has remained the same. I am trying to help get a development through that will not only help out my club but others within the community as well. Paul and his group of residents have a case to sell, so do we. We as a local community group want to have a positive outcome for all involved but the scenario is that the residents just dont want it there. They are entitled to their point of view, as we are. Correct?? As mentioned earlier this has ramifications for future sports developments that need to go through other councils and hence why we were interviewed and lent our support to it. If you feel that i am still being naive and immature about this then please call me and i will discuss in person with you. i stand behind all the comments that have been made on this issue. i would also encourage you to go to the council meeting on wednesday to see what this is all actually about so that you can hear both sides of the argument and then make up your own mind. Regards Jon Siney

Linen manager
wrote on 03-Apr-06 16:08

i have some spare linen - which i will convert into a banner, i will wave it around the hill (with some message) when wadey trains in Campbell the next time.

I Luv Wadey
wrote on 03-Apr-06 20:04

Its not me you have to convince or get around the table, its Wadey and the residents... you'd do better to concentrate your energies there, and good luck with it, because no ones arguing the merit of the case. Its the attitude which is coming across a bit strong and thanks for the concession these things are not always best argued in the media, cause you rarely see the same headline twice .... the man has been around for quiet a while longer than most and he just doesnt deserve the crap.

ressie
wrote on 03-Apr-06 21:02

he is just another resident period. i have been around longer. i was around even when JHenty wasn't around. what a tosser.

President
wrote on 04-Apr-06 12:07

With regards to Paul and the other residents, why would we have to negotiate with them further when we have already agreed to allowing the use of the oval to be limited to 3 days per week and until 8.30pm at night unlike the other ovals where 9.30pm is the norm?? They like us can only express their concerns, they are not the ones who make the decision. We, as a club and a community group are showing support for this development as the council acknowledges the need for these facilities to be utilised and the increased need for them within the community. The elected officials of council are the ones who have vote on it based on the information and what is best for the whole community at large and not just a few households. it is plain and simple that these residents just dont want lights there full stop. It is a shame that they feel this way.

wphcsc fan
wrote on 05-Apr-06 18:06

Lance Chaloner Football Director of Hills Brumbies sued for 1.9 million and is now featured in Today Tonight. hhmmmmmm..........someone has to check their sources before posting gossip. AGAIN! No discontent in wph just the same gossip mongering jealous moron making up stupid rumours again. MOVE ON..............

Have some fun
wrote on 05-Apr-06 20:08

Oh lordy, what is wrong with you WPH people, you speak in riddles and want to take on the world. calm down and dont take it so seriously. Your supposed to be enjoying yourselves, just go out and have some fun for a change, otherwise you'll start believing your own publicity... do we really have to hear all about it here?

Pete
wrote on 05-Apr-06 21:03

Have some fun, I believe wphcsc fan is referring to some earlier posts in this forum or the old WPH one, I'm not sure which, about the current WPH coach and why he was only at Hills for less than a season as coach. If I recall there was some stick given to him on why he was there for such a short time. I think the point wphcsc fan is making is this is why I saw the item on Today Tonight and this Lance fellow seems like a bit of a tool.

chookie
wrote on 05-Apr-06 22:01

i ve no idea what you people are talking about

have some fun
wrote on 05-Apr-06 23:00

Pete, u got me but get over it, i say

Pennant Hills FC Guy
wrote on 18-Apr-23 14:29

Ressies

William Ryan

Brentan Smith

Firsts