Its about to begin

Views: 9275 Posts: 28
The grey area
wrote on 29-Mar-06 11:04

Soccer season 2006 is about to begin and i for one am getting kinda edgy. I know on friday night i will get little or no sleep, like a kid excited on Christmas eve (only 10x more excited) I hope everyone had a good preseason and also realises preseason means nothing. All the talk over the last few months will either be silenced or proven come this Saturday. Good luck to all and let the games begin.

Sick
wrote on 29-Mar-06 18:07

I feel sick

dr
wrote on 29-Mar-06 20:08

if your sick - stay at home. don't leave the house on saturday

Beastie Boy
wrote on 31-Mar-06 09:05

Last sleep till Brooklyn. Well maybe more like, 1 more sleep till the "Festival of the Hoof" starts. Its gonna go off like 4th of July. First scorer; Pearso First Red Card: Hickman of Roselea First Yellow Card: Crackers of Pennant Hills First Sledge: Old fool on the Hill at Eastwood Oval. First Hoof upfield: The fullback at NERds (probably into his own canteen) First Surrender: The Villagers (Even their shirt is white) First 'Eye the Tiger' heard: Normo dressing Room at Penno Park. First Injury: Boz (hamstring). Bloody showpony, he couldn't wait for us all. First BAd Ref performance: Hmm. Penno Park, Eastwood Oval, NE Oval, YMCA etc etc

Pearso
wrote on 31-Mar-06 10:01

You forgot to add the first nutmeg. Will be me to the lanky WPH defender

String bean
wrote on 31-Mar-06 10:01

First Injury: Boz (hamstring). Bloody showpony, he couldn't wait for us all. What hamstring?

Jurassic 5
wrote on 31-Mar-06 10:09

beastie boy, pure genuis old chap, great list and i agree with all of them. Except the eye of the tiger, i think this year we'll use shannon Noll. Got to support the Australians. DId anyone see wadey in the tele today? he's screwing WPH again, love the rivilary.

Mitch Hell
wrote on 31-Mar-06 11:03

Just to clear things up, I think Jurassic 5 meant the Daily Terror, not the TV.

Ok
wrote on 31-Mar-06 11:03

Um... somebody has dibs on themselves..

weedie
wrote on 31-Mar-06 11:04

>>> pure genuis old chap, great list and i agree with all of them. Except the eye of the tiger, i think this year we'll use shannon Noll. Got to support the Australians. DId anyone see wadey in the tele today? he's screwing WPH again, love the rivilary. <<<< can you give us a summary? p/s you mean they talk park football on national TV?

james
wrote on 31-Mar-06 11:09

Not sure what was on the tele, but WAdey lives behind James Henty (one of WPH ovals) and the club is trying to get lights so that teams can train at night. It was rejected by the residents through council. Hows that eh, an ex socceroo not wanting kids to train.... What hope has Australian soccer got!!!

Big Nev
wrote on 31-Mar-06 11:09

Game off March 31, 2006 FORMER Socceroos captain Paul Wade is leading a group of residents to block his local soccer club from erecting flood lights on their football pitch, which backs on to his home. The West Pennant Hills/Cherrybrook Soccer Club has been fighting for the James Henty Oval in Cherrybrook to have flood lights installed for four years so its 1300 members can train after school and work. Even though Wade coaches his daughter's mixed under-15 soccer team in the same club, he is fighting the proposal because he fears extra noise at the oval will keep his eight-year-old daughter awake at night. Wade said it's "game over" after Hornsby Shire Council rejected the club's proposal on March 15 for floodlights on the grounds that it would be too loud if teams played until 8.30pm. Wade said he has been made out to be a "NIMBY" by the soccer club. "The fact of the matter is the proposal doesn't meet council guidelines but we are fully in support of sport being played," he said. West Pennant Hills/Cherrybrook Soccer Club president John Siney branded Wade's stance hypocritical. "Whilst I've got nothing personal against Paul, he's leading the charge purely on the fact that he is a good public speaker, almost a celebrity I guess," Mr Siney said. "I think it's quite hypocritical of Paul, the game has given him so much and he's objecting (to) this on the grounds that it may inconvenience him three times a week." The club does not have its own home ground and has had to "borrow" other team's ovals so its 100 teams can train because their oval has no lighting. Hornsby Shire Council will re-examine the development application again on April 5. The case echoes the incident involving actress Judy Davis and Birchgrove Oval. The commotion began at a Leichhardt Council meeting discussing soccer oval floodlights. Davis argued the lighting could conflict with the area's heritage.

Farina
wrote on 31-Mar-06 12:08

"The club does not have its own home ground and has had to "borrow" other team's ovals so its 100 teams can train because their oval has no lighting. " ------ i thought campbell park was their home ground???

Juice
wrote on 31-Mar-06 13:06

I think he meant to say there are not enough home grounds

Farina
wrote on 31-Mar-06 14:01

i think its a little desperate to try and pretend they dont have a Home ground to get sympathy fron the readers. Pathetic. Not suprised though, its something we all come to expect from the WPHC Organisation.

Big Nev
wrote on 31-Mar-06 14:04

Saucer of milk, table two!!!

Juice
wrote on 31-Mar-06 15:03

Farina, Regardless of what may have been mistakenly said, the reason why many of WPH grounds are no good is due to the heavy traffic from over use. James Henty as I understand it also has toilet facilities for the disabled. For those a little more up to date with current football initiatives in GHFA, there is program running for special needs soccer so autistic and the intellectual disable can experience football. Availability of the James Henty for such groups other than the weekend would be wonderful.

Farina
wrote on 31-Mar-06 15:06

well done juice, using the disabled to try and win an argument, how very proper of you. i might be quoting myself here but "Not suprised though, its something we all come to expect from the WPHC Organisation. "

yankos
wrote on 31-Mar-06 15:08

>>>Wade said he has been made out to be a "NIMBY" by the soccer club. <<<< wadey IS a nimby. at least he is doing his bit to slow down wph. wph is the big gorilla of ghfa - soon they will amalgamate View Street. LOL - light hearted charlie here

Juice
wrote on 31-Mar-06 16:03

Farina, Have a look for yourself... http://www.ghfa.com.au/shownews1.pip?id=551 ... yes you are right, it is something one could expect from a club of any kind, helping the community and promoting football. Wasn't my idea, but speaking from a child welfare point of view and creating opportunites for those perhaps less fortune, I think it's a great initiative. I suppose you'll start beating up on the disabled and those involved in the program ah Farina...

Farina
wrote on 31-Mar-06 16:03

"I suppose you'll start beating up on the disabled and those involved in the program ah Farina..." Too late, you already have. Just because you play for them and they have this program doesnt make you a good samaratin Juice, i'd like to hear what you've done in this initiative apart from talk about it like it was your doing. Phantom, isnt there a kiddies corner for you to expel your uneducated and erroneus facts?

Phantom
wrote on 31-Mar-06 16:04

stop the bitching... WPH are the biggest club get over it... Just like the rest of the world the biggest fish always holds more sway.

Pete
wrote on 31-Mar-06 17:03

Ah actually, in GHFA at least, WPH is the biggest in terms of players and teams. Maybe Farina's facts are erroneous (NB the educated spelling Farina) and uneducated.

Juice
wrote on 31-Mar-06 17:09

Farina, I think you need to get out and see some sunlight... can't say I can see where you think I was beating up on anyone. I never said the idea was mine, in actual fact, I said it wasn't. However, I did point out that I thought it was a great idea. I don't have any involvement in the program, but that doesn't mean I can't say that I think it's a great program. Whether it be WPH, STA, NOR, or any of the smaller clubs who had produced such a program, I'd still say the same thing... "what a great idea!"...

Al
wrote on 01-Apr-06 09:02

What's 'the biggest countries in the work...'? What's 'work'?

Interested mum
wrote on 01-Apr-06 09:02

You boys definitely make this forum an interesting read. But on a serious note, I have an young nephew who may benefit from the special need soccer program. Is there a competition this year, at what level does it operate, where is the competition run and how do I get in contact?

Farina
wrote on 01-Apr-06 09:04

"Just like the rest of the world the biggest fish always holds more sway." I was referring to this line Pete you invalid. If you’re going to try and seem intellectual, then maybe read the post properly and try and understand it. If you need more analysis, look at the biggest countries (population, land) in the work and tell me who has more “sway", the USA or Russia?

President
wrote on 03-Apr-06 10:09

All of the information regarding the special needs is on the GHFA website and the WPHC website.

Author:
Subject: