"One of the most successful squads the GHFA has ever seen"

Views: 8296 Posts: 44
Kp2 Spy...
wrote on 13-Dec-11 14:00

Check out page three...gotta love the homegrown propaganda

http://www.blurb.com/books/2611074

Question for the spy
wrote on 14-Dec-11 16:03

Name one other squad that has taken a club from Div 5 to winning both grades GFs in Premier League in 6 years?

For $95 you can buy the full Bushboys story and actually know what you are talking about.

wrote on 14-Dec-11 16:04

how bout $85?

Kp3 Spy....
wrote on 14-Dec-11 17:04

>>Name one other squad that has taken a club from Div 5 to winning both grades GFs in Premier League in 6 years?

It is a good record (albeit without a PL Premiership) but does this make you one of the most successful squads in GHFA PL history though ?

captain obvious
wrote on 14-Dec-11 21:01

The quote says "the GHFA has ever seen" not PL has ever seen. As mentioned previously you should buy the book instead of talking about something you obviously know nothing about!

Juice
wrote on 14-Dec-11 22:04

I guess it all depends on one's perspective of the word "successful"

Juice
wrote on 14-Dec-11 22:05

Oh, I say that not to mock the article, but perspective could also include junior teams such as a couple of my club's teams that have gone through from 12s-18s winning premierships and championships in almost every year combined with State Cup and CoC championships along the way. Would that level of success over those seven years be a higher achievement? Should adult levels be judged any higher? If you're comparing squads as opposed to a team, what defines the benchmark as consistently achieving at a high level? Div 5 and so on as "Question for the spy" quotes doesn't really qualify as a high level now does it.

Still, KEN has had a meteroic rise which is definitely applaudable... lol as opposed to WPH's meteroic fall haha. :)

In the modern era of GHFA PL at least, the most successful squad would be contested between NOR and STA with my money on STA based on their dominance in ressies as well if we're to define as a squad. (League Honours tab supplied by Jethro)

Soothsayer
wrote on 14-Dec-11 22:05

Ha ha KEN are surely having a laff....they are minnows specially compared with likes of YMA and EEW as per honours table tab. Fact is they have hardly any PL history at all.

Sherlock
wrote on 15-Dec-11 07:02

Note how it says ONE OF the most successful....not THE MOST successful.

Jim RFC
wrote on 15-Dec-11 08:03

G'day lads,

How is everyone enjoying the offseason??

Don't forget, trials for the mighty Redbacks (one of the most successful PL Div 2, All Age Super League squads) start on Jan 10 at View Street.

Don't be too harsh on KEN.....a bit of self embellishment is good for team morale......and given this I have decided that in 2012 my match reports are going to be totally biased and one sided....I bowed to peer pressure last season and tried to give a factual account of our squads performance each week....and it got us nowhere.....so this season, win lose or draw you can expect us to be the best team on the park !!

I say good on KEN for putting something together like this....if I could find some RED photos and some time I would do something similar !! Believe it or not we had a video for season 2010 which was great...I might get it out for our pre-season party to try and reinvent that 'winning feeling' !!

Merry Xmas !!

Reality
wrote on 15-Dec-11 12:02

Much like the website, the hoodies, the megaphone, the gazebos, the strip (wph), the stickers on change rooms and everything else we've done - I'm sure other teams will copy the idea before too long.

Oh what's that? Jim RFC has already decided to do it for Redbacks when he gets time.

You know what they say "imitation is the highest form of flattery".

Old player
wrote on 15-Dec-11 13:04

Don't flatter yourselves too much Bushies, Wph got in way before you guys were out of panties at the beginning of the millenium with one of the first team websites, good sponsors, yearbooks, good looking gear and even the genesis of this forum etc ...its just a shame they lost the support of the committee and innovative ideas of a few good managers some few years back, same timeframe you can trace their demise to.....but keep it up its all good for the league and others will catch on, just got to learn to stay the distance of more than a few good years... a problem in non professional leagues.

Duck
wrote on 15-Dec-11 13:08

Relax "Reality"....looks good the book and a great idea, well done!

Of course they'll be slighty biased in their view as I'm sure my view of Penno is! It can only be good for the club and I'm sure a few will copy!

Watson
wrote on 15-Dec-11 19:00

Note how it says ONE OF the most successful....not THE MOST successful.

by my reckoning
1. YMCA
2. EEW
3. NER
5. PEN
6. STA
7. WPH
8. NOR
9. RAV even ahead
10. KEN finally

lol not even ONE OF wouldnt you agree Sherlock

Retard
wrote on 15-Dec-11 19:09

Are you retarded Watson?

Please read the quote again and tell me where it says Premier League?

If you can name one other squad that went from div 5 to PL and won both PL GFs in under 6 years I'll shout you a copy of the book.

Retarded
wrote on 16-Dec-11 05:09

Like juice said I thinks it's all about perspective

quality
wrote on 16-Dec-11 10:09

top thread Bucks!

Bucks
wrote on 16-Dec-11 14:04

Thanks.

I think it's one of the most successful the forum has ever seen.

Merry Christmas Boys.

See you in 2012.

Admin
wrote on 16-Dec-11 16:02

Amen to that

Bushboys
wrote on 01-Sep-14 16:06

We tried to warn you.

Pretenders
wrote on 01-Sep-14 20:03

I still think you can't go past eew that now play the older leagues. They won all before them starting back in their teens right through to now. How many sides have pretty well stuck together through all these years and still to this date play together and are successful? The only one that has come and gone to some extent are STA but don't have a trophy cabinet as full as eew Penno might be the only others to form such a link

Bushboys
wrote on 01-Sep-14 20:07

We're not finished.

Roy
wrote on 01-Sep-14 22:06

Three consecutive premierships has only been done twice before by the looks of it. KEN certainly up there with the best now...

One word for you
wrote on 01-Sep-14 23:05

Doubledoubledoubledoubledoubledouble!

tiger
wrote on 02-Sep-14 07:03

The eew side of the 90s is the only side to win The Double 3 years in a row. Apart from that no squad bar Kenthurst have won it two years in a row.

When
wrote on 02-Sep-14 07:04

Who was the last squad to win a double in first grade two years in a row?

newera
wrote on 02-Sep-14 09:00

First team to do it in the 10 team comp.

last 3 years
wrote on 02-Sep-14 09:07

3peat in first grade Back to back first grade doubles Back to back double premierships Double Double This is on top of already winning Div 1, SL undefeated and Championships in both grades in their first 3 years in PL. The 4 best teams over time based purely on results are YMCA of the 80s, EEW of the 90s, STA of the mid 2000s and the Bushboys of now. Impossible to compare eras (unless you are juice who played both nights double doubles were achieved), but Kenthurst have definitely joined those top teams now.

Juice
wrote on 02-Sep-14 10:00

As far as comparisons between the STA and KEN double doubles (DD) go, and speaking as impartial as one can, whilst the end result on paper is the same, I don't recall STA winning the premierships as convincingly. STA did make the CoC final that year however, and were a quality outfit. They beat WPH ressies 2-1 and thumped 1sts 3-0 in the GF and from memory they were strong in all departments across both grades. The STA squad was a younger one than the current KEN but like KEN, the core of it had been together for a long time and had been building to the 04 success like KEN has over the past few seasons. Having said that, STA hadn't had the prior success to the degree KEN has leading up to their perspective DDs. Horses for courses, both achievements are highly commendable. As for generational comparisons, a meaningful dialogue can never really take place with so many different variables that either did or didn't exist between the generations. The Ys and EEWs of the 80s and early 90s however didn't just dominate association comps but also State wide competitions with EEW or Y (can’t remember) representing at a National amateur level I believe at some point in their reign. If results is the only common denominator then I'm afraid the current generations, the PEN, KEN, STAs etc, are still a long way off.

Wrong juice
wrote on 02-Sep-14 10:00

The sta team never made any COC final. Never have done well in champs of champs st Andrews.

Drawman
wrote on 02-Sep-14 10:01

What you don't want to see if your the YMCA next year under round two of your draw.... KEN v YMCA - KEN No2

Juice
wrote on 02-Sep-14 10:03

actually I think it may have been the semi they were knocked out

Penno Power
wrote on 02-Sep-14 11:00

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As far as comparisons between the STA and KEN > double doubles (DD) go, and speaking as impartial > as one can, whilst the end result on paper is the > same, I don't recall STA winning the premierships > as convincingly. STA did make the CoC final that > year however, and were a quality outfit. They beat > WPH ressies 2-1 and thumped 1sts 3-0 in the GF and > from memory they were strong in all departments > across both grades. The STA squad was a younger > one than the current KEN but like KEN, the core of > it had been together for a long time and had been > building to the 04 success like KEN has over the > past few seasons. Having said that, STA hadn't had > the prior success to the degree KEN has leading up > to their perspective DDs. Horses for courses, both > achievements are highly commendable. > > As for generational comparisons, a meaningful > dialogue can never really take place with so many > different variables that either did or didn't > exist between the generations. The Ys and EEWs of > the 80s and early 90s however didn't just dominate > association comps but also State wide competitions > with EEW or Y (can’t remember) representing at a > National amateur level I believe at some point in > their reign. If results is the only common > denominator then I'm afraid the current > generations, the PEN, KEN, STAs etc, are still a > long way off. I feel you would struggle to beat the Penno Over 35's in a one off game.

Fruit
wrote on 02-Sep-14 11:03

Pfft - whatever Penno Power. I asusme your comment is aimed at Juice and / or KEN current 1sts team? KEN would beat us hands down - any day - any game - even if it was only 20 mins per half. Simple. As parochial a PEN player that is still breathing (just), the difference between us and the KEN 1sts is volumous. We would compete as a team for a little while but not for the entirety. Player on player we certainly have about 4 IMO that could still play PL, but that is about it.

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 02-Sep-14 11:03

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pfft - whatever Penno Power. I asusme your comment > is aimed at Juice and / or KEN current 1sts team? > > KEN would beat us hands down - any day - any game > - even if it was only 20 mins per half. Simple. > > As parochial a PEN player that is still breathing > (just), the difference between us and the KEN 1sts > is volumous. We would compete as a team for a > little while but not for the entirety. Player on > player we certainly have about 4 IMO that could > still play PL, but that is about it. 5 minutes each half would be a good contest. That would give NG and myself enough time to take the piss out of each other and then swap ends. Morro vs Rude's would be a good contest and a couple of others in our team are fit enough to hold there own like Colos & Duck. I'd fancy our chances if it went straight to Penalties and Morro took our 5.

Fruit
wrote on 02-Sep-14 12:09

..... unless of course they 'ringed in' Joelly!

Peel Power Broker
wrote on 02-Sep-14 13:00

Fruit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ..... unless of course they 'ringed in' Joelly! The worst penalty I have ever seen taken at Peel De Stadium.

JH7
wrote on 02-Sep-14 14:03

Good call Fruit. PPB I am not sure what you are talking about....Kurt couldn't have hit it sweeter and it was heading for the top corner until....

Daffy
wrote on 02-Sep-14 17:03

Are you having a laugh? Duck couldn't hold his own in stiffs 5 years ago when he played..... If he is in the Top 4 players you have, you would by beaten by most, if not all reserve grade teams!!

Rick Gio # 22
wrote on 02-Sep-14 17:08

Daffy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you having a laugh? Duck couldn't hold his own > in stiffs 5 years ago when he played..... If he is > in the Top 4 players you have, you would by beaten > by most, if not all reserve grade teams!! One of the better defenders in Over 35's & would hold his own in PL.

NG4
wrote on 03-Sep-14 16:05

"5 minutes each half would be a good contest. That would give NG and myself enough time to take the piss out of each other and then swap ends. Morro vs Rude's would be a good contest and a couple of others in our team are fit enough to hold there own like Colos & Duck. I'd fancy our chances if it went straight to Penalties and Morro took our 5." Duck 5 mins each way long enough these days with our fitness and pace levels:)

Duck
wrote on 05-Sep-14 14:01

Got to agree with Daffy, never held my own 5 years ago and wouldn't now but appreciate the support Gio! Nath the 5 mins would be okay, fitter now than I was 5 years ago but still lack talent to play Prems. A huge gap between 35's and prem's and would need a mercy rule!!

I agree with Gio
wrote on 10-Sep-14 17:06

Duck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got to agree with Daffy, never held my own 5 years > ago and wouldn't now but appreciate the support > Gio! > > Nath the 5 mins would be okay, fitter now than I > was 5 years ago but still lack talent to play > Prems. > > A huge gap between 35's and prem's and would need > a mercy rule!! You would still hold your own in the PL in the right side DUCK on what I saw in 2014.

JH7
wrote on 11-Sep-14 09:06

Yep, every team needs a punters club Duck - hence where you fit in and hold your own!

Author:
Subject: