Views: 1 Posts: 167
Boz
wrote on 28-Feb-06 18:00

And yes... Woods team to beat as they are defending premiers and GF winners... so they should be, they have proved they were the best last year...

Luke R
wrote on 28-Feb-06 23:04

Hey, Im that dweeb! It was all in good fun though, nothing like a bit of bullsh#t push and shove between rivals. I tell you though Billy, i dont know what club you play for...who exactly, id probably kick your ass. Damn it feels bad to be playing first grade all season for a few now, plus winning both trophies...i must be sh#t. Dont worry though i dropped myself. Decided that Germany has more appeal to it. In any case i think it will be close this season but i heard that John Spitoni has signed for Eastwood and he is worth at least twenty goals this season.

PastieMan
wrote on 01-Mar-06 01:07

John Spitoni --- never heard of him. is he the right john spitoni?

Batts
wrote on 01-Mar-06 10:04

I have to agree with the Pie Man. The Blunder for the Top 4. My mate played against them in a trial for Lindfield and said they were "strong as" in both grades. I am not fancying the opening day of season, scene of the famous Xmas Cuddle Fest

DAMIEN
wrote on 01-Mar-06 11:02

Lindfield were strong in both grades, not us. We havent even picked our squad, so top 4 isnt an option just yet.

LiamW
wrote on 01-Mar-06 11:02

Batts What happened against Dee Why? I heard two different stories 1. That you blokes didnt play that well 2. You only had 18 players in both grades. Damo Have Lindfield got any decent players? We play them in two weeks. I know we have to keep an eye on Kai Lammert their player coach

Mitch Hell
wrote on 01-Mar-06 11:06

Not really any outstanding players. Just a very well drilled team. They knock it around nicely and build up strong from the backs.

Ben
wrote on 01-Mar-06 12:00

He is playing for AA1.

batts
wrote on 01-Mar-06 12:01

Liam, both stories are correct. Firstly for some reason most rangers didn't handle the heat at all (self included) even a few fit bods were left wandering around aimlessly suffering heat exhaustion. Doesn't help if you back up i spose. Its the same heat for both camps but they seemed to cope much better than us. It was the worst DY side I have seen and they still beat us in both grades. Says more about us than them. But if you are not hungry enough to bring a full contingent of personel you deserve what you get. I am finding it hard to get the numbers at sessions that other clubs are getting. One team close to us gets 40 to every session. I could really do some proper coaching then instead of using my mathematics skills to juggle blokes between 2 games. Them's the breaks. Speaking of camps, good luck this saturday night. I hear Roselea has put to gether a stunning float.

Phantom
wrote on 01-Mar-06 12:07

Is Grant Madigan playing for WPH this year? Im sure someone from WPH can fill me in on this one? Im loking forward to watching some chopping.

LiamW
wrote on 01-Mar-06 12:07

Batts We have got a bit of brokeback mountain theme going all cowboys hats,chaps and g-strings all in the two blue colours of Roselea. That is why we haven't got any trial matches this week. Don't worry we have saved you a bright orange pair of leather pants and a spot on the float. Make sure you book yourself in for back,crack and sack wax. Hicky still hasnt turned up for training but we are meeting him in the Midnight Shift on Saturday night!! YEEEHAAA RIDE EM COWBOY!!!

wrote on 01-Mar-06 12:08

Ben Wrote: > He is playing for AA1. But it isn't too late to cut him! -- Edwa

Ben
wrote on 01-Mar-06 13:00

When i say your post about Grant Wa, i say "cut" and automatically thought you made a typo... The "N" is next to the M and the B on your keyboard. Don't be afraid to use it.

Batts
wrote on 01-Mar-06 13:09

Count me in Liam. Sounds like a hoot !!! (or something that rhymes with hoot) Ben, You are dead right there old chap. That bloody Madigan got me yellow carded one day at Campbell for calling me a %#* The ref thought I said it to him but it was the other way around. Slim Muzza Lister nearly peed his pants laughing as I naturally went off at the ref for mistaken identity with Madigan. And he was a butcher by trade. He is the reason I am not following Budgie to All Age

Batts
wrote on 01-Mar-06 16:05

Did you ever play PL ??? is the question Welcome back from your honeymoon Mr Birdy Num Num. How was the Gondala ride ?? Romantic ?? I notice you came back purposefully in time for "The Gra". Maybe Liam can work a spot on the Rosebuds float for you. I got a late gig. Party on dude !!!

Birdman
wrote on 01-Mar-06 16:09

But Batts you begged me to get you a starting position to play All Age...... you don't have to worry about hard training you just enjoy the bumps (not just the on your legs but the pitches as well). Am I aloud to put a message on this as I no longer play PL.

Ben
wrote on 02-Mar-06 09:01

Someone feel free to correct me, but has any team in the last 10 years ever won the Premiership twice in a row?? I don't think so. If this is the case, STA would not be favourites, you must agree.

Batts
wrote on 02-Mar-06 13:02

Liam, I have got some tighter fitting club gear from the 80's which would go down a treat. I'll bring that. And I hope i get balanced against Shrek because I wouldn't cope with those other 2 fatties. You would need Haystax Calhoon for them Ben, You are spot old chap. The last team/club to win 2 1st grade premierships in a row was those blastard Tigers in '94 & '95. Well before my time though. So its the "Penno Poachers" for the title then eh ??

LiamW
wrote on 02-Mar-06 13:04

I still think STA are the team to beat. They have only lost Drummo from last year but I heard they are picking up another good player from the Northern Tigers. Pearso isn't going until just before the WC. It seems every other team in the top four bar Penno have lost important players. Birdy Always room for another one on the float.We needed another big bloke to balance the float. We have got Hicky on a corner, Shrek on the other one, Batts is helping out so we need a big man to keep it steady. Let us know your measurements we will get our costume designer to knock you up a nice yellow and black outfit. Batts, I was wondering if you still have those lovely skin tight orange shirts the Rangers used to wear? Bring em Saturday we need something to wear to the after party at the Hordern

Gane`
wrote on 02-Mar-06 21:02

Batts I still remember that day and still unsure how I got away with it.....must have been wearing my poker face when he turned around brandishing the yellow card.

Phantom
wrote on 03-Mar-06 08:07

PieMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damo, > > heard you managed to bagged 3 ex-west penno > players? > hehe nice work. > > Umm heard it may be 4 now......

Eggie
wrote on 03-Mar-06 09:00

Talk about going backwards!!!!

Eggie
wrote on 03-Mar-06 09:02

Names?? Keep in mind that a poach is only useful if they are good players!!! Other wise it may be a favour.

PastieMan
wrote on 03-Mar-06 09:07

>>>> Talk about going backwards!!!! u don't know if it is going forward or backward until say about June

Phantom
wrote on 03-Mar-06 09:07

I wouldnt call it poaching. I would call it leaving WPH.

Phantom
wrote on 03-Mar-06 10:00

I would definitly have to agree with Pastie there. Who knows what this season is going to bring.

Batts
wrote on 03-Mar-06 10:06

You are bloody well right Madigan, I don't know how you got away with it. One of the all time greatest con jobs. Calling an opposition a @*&$% and him getting a card for it. I hadn't even said anything back to you. I was naively playing paper, scissors, rock with Murray Lister over to the side. Although i did go slightly beserk after that. I take my hat off to you my son.

wrote on 03-Mar-06 11:04

Don't feel too bad Batts... one of the Ravens players once managed to exact a similar revenge. The Ravens player in question (Robbie) had been tussling with Gane all game and thought it would be funny if he lay down clutching his forehead in the box - the referee turns around, sees this guy on the ground, and immediately assumes Gane did it and shows him a red card. The irony is that it was probably a reasonable assumption on the ref's part - it just so happens that Gane didn't do anything in this specific case. -- Edwa

Gane`
wrote on 10-Mar-06 19:03

Yeah he claimed I head-butted him and the man in black (who had not seen anything) simply wandered over, flashed the card and awarded a penalty....not happy jan. To tell you the truth he could have gotten me for anything in that game...the irony was that he got me for something I didn't do!!

Batts
wrote on 10-Mar-06 21:03

Oh cut it out Ganes. Now you know how I felt that day at Campbell. You are at the centre of trouble in every instance. Go straight to All Age 1's. You are a menace.

Batts
wrote on 10-Mar-06 21:03

Oh cut it out Ganes. Now you know how I felt that day at Campbell. You are at the centre of trouble in every instance. Go straight to All Age 1's. You are a menace.

Shanty
wrote on 13-Mar-06 10:03

It has to be said thAt although thornleigh and penno have been talking themselves up more than anthony mundine this yr, Woodies have to be coming in as strong favourites. I havent heard much from NHM this year and west penno are being very low key. Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing. watch out for the North Epping special this year, we're looking good. we all got the same hair cuts last week and although the board wanted new shirts we insisted on keeping the very arttarctive Orange. I think its called "owranje". 1. North Epping 2. Sta 3. Penno 4. Nhm 5. Roselea 6. Gay 7. West Penno 7. Thornleigh

shanty
wrote on 13-Mar-06 11:00

the opposite of talking themselves up, is talkignm themselves down. I can assure you that not one of the thornleigh or penno players that i have spoken to in the last 3 weeks have talked themselves down. So on that count DAMIEN you are incorrect. The fact is, both teams are quit confident this year and i think unjustifiably. You dont turn from mediocre at best teams to contenders because of one or two players and some torrid "play the world game for thunder FC" signs.

DAMIEN
wrote on 13-Mar-06 11:04

Shanty, quite clearly, u are rooting batts. Also, ppl from penno and thornleigh havent talked themselves up. infact the opposite.

Phantom
wrote on 13-Mar-06 11:07

I dont think Penno have been talking themselves up at all, Other people have. Thornleigh... havnt heard boo from them, its just other people talking once again. information must be pretty twisted by the time it gets to your shanty town. NER to win, its more than possible. But unlikely.

Phantom
wrote on 13-Mar-06 11:08

some torrid "play the world game for thunder FC" signs. WTF??? Who what when where is that? Penno are more than mediocre, they made the four last year and you (NER) didnt, so not sure what your on about there, as the facts are staring you in the face.. You are saying Damo is incorrect about his own club?? Are you lost Shanty??

Shanty
wrote on 13-Mar-06 12:01

Phantom, cleary you are out of the loop. the mighty mighty orange! watch out.. And as a great man once said: once a phantom always an idiot.

fantoom
wrote on 13-Mar-06 12:05

>>And as a great man once said: once a phantom always an idiot. <<< never heard of that

Bunyip
wrote on 13-Mar-06 12:09

>>And as a great man once said: once a phantom always an idiot. <<< Ah yes a great chinese proverb by Wi Xing Chao. Clearly Shanty is a well educated man. One that should not be reckoned with.

Batts
wrote on 13-Mar-06 17:00

Which is where I step in to assure everyone (well those who are silly enough not to have noticed) that Shanty is in now way shape or form, a Ranger. For a start, we have certainly not been producing any pre-season form to warrant that outburst. And in fact if we were, we would definately not be yelling it from the roof tops like this plonker has just done. It only draws attention to yourself. Me thinks he is more likely from a team that is being lauded as a favourite and is attempting to deflect some of the dreaded pressure that goes with the tag of "favourites". Considering that the Thunder has had mediocre results in the pre-season (as have ourselves) and the Thunder busters that I have spoken to have NOT been talking themselves up I would be reasonably confident that Shanty is from Penno, and i actually have a good idea whom it may be. Seeing that I took the mickey out of a Penno player on the WPH site without anybody else knowing (bar him and a few penno players) i beleive he is a) deflecting & b) giving me a raz. Considering that they have won 8-1, 8-2, lost to the Spirit only 2-1 and yesterday spanked Asquith 7-1, I think a whole lot more deflecting is on its way.

fattie
wrote on 13-Mar-06 18:08

7-1 drubbing of asquith is really impressive. they 're the kings of Kuringai. here's the tip: organise your defense boys.

Ben
wrote on 14-Mar-06 08:09

I know a newly recruited Penno striker that hates the big hits... Put 2 or 3 on him in the first 10 mins. Game over...

LoveBatts
wrote on 14-Mar-06 09:05

SHould we call you detective Batts? It seems plausable that you a) have been watching too much Columbo b) like murder she wrote c) get off on Monk. A 7-1 win over Asquith is certainly a worthy result but us in the very attractive orange and black believe that too much cant be read into that. Surely the west penno players are not already sledging their old striker Bozman, instead of typing i'd be training WPH. You have no-one to carry the team anymore, might need some more help from the ref's. Batts, your a good bloke, you really are. honest.

Pete
wrote on 14-Mar-06 09:06

He's also got a signature move - lets the ball go through his legs and then turns to run on to it as he flicks his hair out of his face.

Boz
wrote on 14-Mar-06 10:00

Why are people so smart behind a fake name? You must be to scared Pete? Bring it on mate, you pussy. Talk about someone else you fucking wankers!! If you think you are that much of a man, tell me who u are and I will punch the fuck out of you.

Shanty
wrote on 14-Mar-06 10:06

There's some aggression there Boz, who are you actually upset at? Ben, Pete or LoveBatts? who knows anymore. Nice work Batts, you think you have things figured out? Its going to be a great season.

boost
wrote on 14-Mar-06 10:07

>> You have no-one to carry the team anymore, might need some more help from the ref's.<< there still some juice in that team.

Michael J Fox
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:00

Marty Mcfly please pull your finger out. A football team that cant keep their juniors says alot about the running of the team and the team itself. Why does everyone leave?? I have a very good idea.

Birdman
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:02

Hey Batts didn't you ask me to call you Shanty from now on.......? Ben is having a good laugh (as he always does) but Pete don't hide who you are if you have something to say.... Chin up Boz, no one worth their salt takes notice of people who say things and hide their identity.

wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:04

Fill me in on this very good idea because i seem to have no problems.

wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:04

They should be called West Penno 2 or as it seems on current trial game form maybe west penno 1

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:05

Fox and Covers, I'm not sure about the current crop of youth at Penno but blokes like Morrison and JJ (retired) and I know quite a few others but not sure of names we're the players that were originally from WPH. Boz, Johnno sparks, Shirty are a few of the more recent guys to swap the red white and blue for green and gold. Fox, as I understand it, the early leavers had something to do with the Iredale factor which comes as no surprise I guess. As for Sparks, the then moronic coach we had, cut him! (it was pleasing (to some extent) to see him knock the winner in against us at Penno 1st round that season and to hear Morrison constantly say "they didn't want you, they didn't want you"), Shirty liked the idea of training once a week and again the then coach was not flexible and then there's Boz, what ever the current rumour is for his leaving will do. So Fox, what's you take?... Do you play in either WPH or Penno squads and have some insight?????????

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:06

>>You have no-one to carry the team anymore, might need some more help from the ref's.<< I do believe the best year West Penno had was when Boz was overseas in 03 i think and the old Kev Iredale was up front and coach......

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:07

Ah.... Boz... Do you want to talk about it???? Cheer up mate, you're still a WPH junior as indeed was most of Penno.

Batts
wrote on 14-Mar-06 13:07

LoveBatts, Well at least you got the era of police shows correct, although I have to admit Night Stalker with Darren McGovern was my favourite. And why shouldn't I attempt to finger the culprit. Its obviously not a Ranger and any other team would not bother with 'deflection'. Unless I have a saboteur in the NERds ranks. Considering the past few trial games I have 2 definates. Shanty, I may not have figured it out correctly, but i am tipping I am close, you pond swimmer. What other team would try such a devious cunning stunt. To be honest I don't believe you have it in you, which is why I pointed the finger at the other chap, whom everybody loves. And you are correct in that its gonna be a great season. The cloak n dagger intrigue is far more interesting than simply abusing Boz.

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 14:01

I guess WPH is lucky given the number of juniors it has. If it's any consolation, like Batts, I'm a wombat junior.... This may be the only time I would publicly admit that...

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 14-Mar-06 14:02

Micky J bad Fax, Juniors from the 79 u/11s maybe, and some egos who couldnt handle being told they are not that good. Apart from that the WPHPL is action packed with WPH juniors, more than most teams.

wrote on 14-Mar-06 14:06

Well that explains alot now Juice!

Batts
wrote on 14-Mar-06 14:09

Hey steady on Coves. We are watching your every move. And i'm not sure I like your tone there Juice. Why would you not care to admit it in public ?? Its surely got nothing to do with the current crop of Wombat players as they all hail from west of the M2, which isn't really Beecroft/Cheltenahm at all. As with most really small clubs they have trouble even fielding teams in most age groups, let alone competetive ones for good players. One exceptionally good under 8 has left the Mighty Wombats, as we speak, and is plying his trade with those pesky WPH bozos. Oh, wrong choice of insult. Make it bufoons. So come out and be proud Juice.

Draw
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:01

Anyone know the 2006 draw?? Is it up yet?

Draw
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:01

Anyone know the 2006 draw?? Is it up yet?

Shanty
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:04

It will be tough to predict the winner of this years comp in both grades. One thing is for sure, the local darbies will finally be dominated by different teams. Pennant Hills will be the strongest of the penno teams and take over, Thornleigh look to be stronger than Normo and will at last get out of their shadow, if they dont now then they never will and the mighty Crew Cut Oranges to put further pain on the ugly Crew cut EEW. Woodies will still win the derby of the homos, againts themselves. so it might be a new look top 4, some of the old dogs seem to have lost their bite. Juice, i appreciate the explenation on players leaving and agree with you to an extend. But surely a club of such stature cannot ignore players leaving to thornleigh, penno and some juniors moving to normo in the same year. YMCA for the drop this year.

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:04

Yes the draw has been done. Your club rep should already have it.

Colonel Sanders
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:05

Is it true that there is only one of my old restaurants in the whole GHFA region, and it has been renamed Kurt's Football Club or KFC for short to appeal to the youth of the area. ??? Please Explain.....

Mitch Hell
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:02

"Thornleigh look to be stronger than Normo" How do you figure?? Normo have got the adept DOK in charge and are shaping up to be as strong as usual. Normo should continue their usual well-drilled performances.

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:03

Shanty, Lets not forget, there are only so many places in a squad. Tim Hill was a loss to Thorns I'll admit, but he has more mates at thunder than at WPH, and always has. That explains his departure. As for juniors, I can't remember a time when so many juniors made the squad as there has been this year - not even the '97 (I think) influx with the seales, bozs and the like. It's true to say that WPH are in a rebuilding stage... but I would say at least 90% of the new faces to the squad are lions juniors.

Jason
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:09

Wont be able to comment on the new WPH juniors until we know who they are, and more importantly how they perform. No doubt they will find this league a bit of a step up from what they are used to ..

Jason
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:09

Marty MCFLY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >>You have no-one to carry the team anymore, > might need some more help from the ref's.<< > > > I do believe the best year West Penno had was when > Boz was overseas in 03 i think and the old Kev > Iredale was up front and coach...... west pennos best year in the last 10 was in 04, not 03, when they won the premiership, Kev was up front and was the coach. Boz was also there up front, I think. It was a record haul of goals for the team in a single season, although it was also the year the comp was expanded to 10 teams and 18 rounds. the current coach has a lot to live up to

Batts
wrote on 14-Mar-06 17:00

Shanty, And we all wish you would join them.

shanty
wrote on 14-Mar-06 17:03

Batts, where is the love? surely i couldnt have got under your skin already?? the season hasnt even started. This is no way to treat a team mate. Us "Playschool Orange" shirts should stick together. we'll sort this out over a crew cut. Yours in relegation, Shanty

shanty
wrote on 14-Mar-06 17:05

one thing is for certain, we are all happy that northern HFC are goooone.

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 17:08

Jason/McFly, Having played in that team, the 04 team was playing very much the style of football that the 03 coach had moulded us into. Those who watch us play Normo in the 03 GF will remember that. The 04 team (under Kev) towards the end of the season was still playing well but seem to have fallen back into that ineffective long ball WPH has been known to play. Hence why STA deservedly cuts us to ribbons in the 04 GF. If you weren't aware Jason, the coach of 03 is, after coaching Hills United in 04, the current coach. Sure we bagged alot of goals, 3 4-0 wins in 3 of the first 4 rounds and a 7-1 drumming of Putney will add to that. The most consistent team deserved the premeirship that year (regardless of the EEW bungle) but that was largely due to the better football team we were in the 03 season, not one player 'carrying' the team.

Jason
wrote on 14-Mar-06 18:02

Juice I am aware of who the coach was who took over from gino mid 03 but he left west penno at short notice for perceived "greener pastures" at Hills in early 04, when it had been thought he had signed to continue with WPH that year. It is believed he then also left Hills before the 04 season had finished to eventually return to west penno in 05. Hills have an interesting tale to tell on that little saga. WPH definitely did not play as well in 05 as they did in 03 or 04. That coach is yet to show real staying power and I'd have to say the call is still out on the merit of his influence at west penno, especially in view of the drastic changes there this year. We are yet to see if he is in fact the true maistro that is being claimed.

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 21:05

No one is calling him a maistro. Since I have been at WPH there have been only two blokes we've had that have actual qualities as a coach, i.e. they know what they're talking about and have the cred to back it up... Callun and Gus. Under both these guys since 97 to current anyway, is when we have played our best football. ] Unfortunately WPH has always had a problem with coaches - I remember going through six in 5 seasons. Internal disapproval from certain senior players has always been an issue and I would imagine that a team with the quality of players that we have had over this time that has had in my opinion anyway had an average decade of results, would also be frustrating for a coach. Alot of this element has moved on. The younger ones coming through may lack in quality compared to some of the departed, but they more than make up for it in ticker and character. This lot certainly do have much more of a fighting spirit than the previous squads I've been involved in. I know I've said an average decade of results knowing full well we have played in four GFs in 1st, winning two, and one premiership and played in even more res and had similar results in the res GF, but like I said, from what I saw of the oppositions in these seasons, we should have had better premiership results at best.

Anonymous User
wrote on 14-Mar-06 22:04

Well said Juicer, Jason, you are correct, west pennos best year was in 04 but the fact is the current coach is the best thing to have happen to the club. As for success this year well its definately going to be hard but one thing is for shore, it will be a (TEAM) this year, success or not.

Batts
wrote on 14-Mar-06 22:04

And to think how close you came to having me as your player/coach way back in 1996. Scary really !!!

Jason
wrote on 14-Mar-06 23:03

Juice / Gallo, anyone would think you were on this bloke's payroll, honestly. Andrew Callanan was definitely a breath of fresh air and he got good results from some of you blokes back in 1999 but he didnt stick around. All I'm saying is 04 was arguably west pennos best in more than a decade (thank you Gallo) and your current coach wasnt there then. I would'nt get too far up myself by thinking you played some of your best football last year cause you actually played some of your worst, especially against Thorns both times and more so for most of the second half of the comp. The coaches job is to get the most out of his charges and this justnt wasnt done last year and from what I hear you cant necessarily blame "certain senior players" (is that a touch disloyal?). The younger crop of players have still to be tested both as to their ability and sticking power in this league. But I do defer to your experience on understanding a fighting spirit when you see one, and though a nice cliche, not sure this will be enough this year. Gallo, you got me on your reference to (WPH) being a team this year, isnt that a given?

Juice
wrote on 15-Mar-06 08:07

Jason, No, neither of us are on a payroll. From my perspective, just a loyalty to the coach, no matter who is... No one said 05 was a good year mate, though finishing 2nd and making the GF for the 3rd successive year in a row may constitute a good year for many clubs. We didn't play quality football in 05, that we know. There is no disloyalty towards any player, past or present. All of the senior players have given an enormous amount of service to the club, especially 'love them or hate them' the Iredales. However, for some of the guys that left, it was time perhaps for them to move on, both in their minds and others. Anyway, there's no point in continuing this course of discussion with you. You are not a member of the WPH PL nor as it sounds have ever been. Therefore you have no understanding of what dynamics have taken place over any period of time. All you have to go on is hearsay... and probably from the disgruntled.

Jason
wrote on 15-Mar-06 09:01

Juice Which way is it then? Go up a few posts and you say: >> Callun and Gus. Under both these guys since 97 to current anyway, is when we have played our best football. << Now you say: >> No one said 05 was a good year mate....We didn't play quality football in 05, that we know... << Methinks there is a little confusion apparent at WPH But hey, dont bother replying to this post as you are obviously working on something even bigger for this year. By the way good luck for tonight. May be a good pointer for the season.

Juice
wrote on 15-Mar-06 09:03

Jason, Sorry dude ... I'll be a bit more specific (padantic) next time. Tonight won't be a good pointer - we are missing three of the starting 11 and we are playing a different system. Hope it works! Cheers for the good luck. See you on the park

Juice
wrote on 15-Mar-06 11:01

Coves... haven't we be playing that for years??? :-)

Juice
wrote on 15-Mar-06 11:03

Sorry gordy... feel free to start some...

wrote on 15-Mar-06 11:04

Shh Juice, We are supposed to be keeping the super secret 'long ball' tactic quiet this yr. No one knows we play it so stop giving it away

gordy
wrote on 15-Mar-06 11:09

why all the talk about wph. isnt there any other goss about other clubs?

Roger
wrote on 15-Mar-06 12:00

Heard that Normo have lost a few players including Leo and Gray. Two of their strongest players.

gordy
wrote on 15-Mar-06 12:07

OK, I will. Go to new forum topic

Doc Freud
wrote on 15-Mar-06 15:00

Its a MAD House ! A MADHOUSE !!!!

Gustavo
wrote on 15-Mar-06 15:04

Why would we talk about anyone else? clearly WPH like talking about themselves and having conversations with each other publicly. PICK UP A PHONE. Anyway, its good how they talk up their history and their best season, oh it was 03, no it was 04 no sorry it was 03, blah, blah. Gus this and Iredale's are fat that, Seale's like pies, WHATEVER. It makes it sweeter when they lose to Penno or Roselea after they have done nothing but talk about themselves all pre.

Juren Klinsman
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:03

Even I don't wish my team to lose so that i can jump and & down in glee. I actually pick up the phone when a crisis looms myself and I MAKE THE CALLS, but then I live on the other side of the world. Plenty of my players are unhappy but none have joined the enemy, yet.

Jason
wrote on 15-Mar-06 23:06

Juice wrote: >> The younger ones coming through may lack in quality compared to some of the departed, but they more than make up for it in ticker and character. This lot certainly do have much more of a fighting spirit than the previous squads I've been involved in. << er, um, did you really say that?. just heard the results of tonite's Conti cup 0-4 drubbing. Not much fire up front I hear and well, wot can you say about the defence. Better have a heart to heart with your coach about that "system" you said he was trying.

Juice
wrote on 15-Mar-06 23:06

Jason, Post mortem carried out Jason... wasn't pleasant as you could imagine, but deserved nonetheless. Disappointing result sure, lots to take away. They do have spirit, just lack understanding and combinations as one may expect from so many new faces... Gustavo... not worth replying to...;-) See you on the park lads

JR
wrote on 16-Mar-06 09:02

Coves Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shh Juice, > > We are supposed to be keeping the super secret > 'long ball' tactic quiet this yr. No one knows we > play it so stop giving it away after last night, not much doubt on this score, it looks like the all age 6 experience has definitely had an impact

Jason
wrote on 16-Mar-06 09:05

I was talking about the comparative spirit bit where u said: >> This lot certainly do have much more of a fighting spirit "than the previous squads I've been involved in". << a big statement to make in the circumstances and i dont think so! But your trying and no doubt your heart is in the right place. Like i said before, good luck for the season

Juice
wrote on 16-Mar-06 10:08

Not really a big statement Jason, I've played in all those squads therefore have some idea. It's not hard to judge individual character.

fan
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:00

http://www.back-of-the-net.com/ this website has a review of last nights game... It was hardly a capacity crowd of 92 for the early game... and 50 for the 8:15 kick off.

wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:01

Was this guy watching the right game?? "however looks deceive as just 10 mins in a quick break by Salimaee and he slotted the ball past David Erwin in the West Penno goal." "West Penno came out with more organisation after the break and looked like they might make a game of it but a breakway goal when H Hitazi was free in the area, with four red & whites standing marking each other, and receiving a precision ball he slotted it home. The rout was complete in the Salimee getting his brace in the 79th minute when he totally beat the off-side with all but one West Penno player pushed up and he strolled down field to steer the ball past the keeper. 0-4" 1st goal i was over the top off the ball and the forward had both hands in my back and kept pushing me over th top of it so i couldnt get a good swing at the ball. I asked the ref if he was allowed to push with both hands in my back and he said "you were playing the ball so play on" The 2nd goal was very well worked, we did let him run from about the half way line before he gave a nice one two and he slotted it well The 3rd goal wasnt a break a away the guy had a shot and it hit my shin straight to their forward who put it away, The 4th goal the guy didnt beat the offside trap our fullback put a beautiful through ball to him when he was aiming for another one of our fullbacks.

Jason
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:02

goodnite john-boy goodnite juice

Juice
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:06

Yep, back-of-the-net sums up our game pretty well... :)

wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:08

Easily our best game of the year!!! We will be a massive force this yr :)

Kostya
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:08

sour grapes Coves. Be gracious in defeat, and get used to it.

Flat Lion
wrote on 16-Mar-06 12:04

Some serious lessons to be learnt young lions about playing above kindy and AA level (but not sure about the English translation of the game report at www.back-of-the-net.com). What does "throughfully mean? "...just 10 mins in a quick break by Salimaee and he slotted the ball past David Erwin in the West Penno goal. In fact that was the game, with Aurora playing fast and throughfully on the break and defending in numbers. West Penno for their part were much younger and played quite naively at times, especially at the back and their strikers, though lively, were largely ineffectual. If they had just used more discipline and kept ther shape they would have outplayed Arncliffe for more than the few minutes that they did...."

Pete
wrote on 16-Mar-06 13:09

"...If they had just used more discipline and kept ther shape they would have outplayed Arncliffe for more than the few minutes that they did...." Discipline is not hard to work on. Shape comes from discipline. Doesn't sound that bad...

Ben
wrote on 16-Mar-06 14:05

Gustavo "Gus this and Iredale's are fat that, Seale's like pies, WHATEVER" The pie i like the most is the one that you were born from. ...mmmmmmmmm.....Yummy.......

Gordy
wrote on 16-Mar-06 16:01

On evidence so far it certainly looks like being a tussle between Penno and Woodies at the top, with maybe Penno being able to psyche em out again; then maybe NMH, perhaps THL and NER fighting for minor positions. I definitely have WPH out of the hunt and this year more likely to be among the rest of the scroungers.

BJones
wrote on 16-Mar-06 16:01

Maybe we need a kiddies corner for ben and co, where they can waste only each others time. From what i've been reading, Leo and Bevo arent in the Normo Team. WPH have lost some important players (boz, Iredales and the good Seale) and are relying on youth and STA have also lost some players but not not as many as the above teams. On the other side, there has been some positive feedback about Thornliegh and Penno teams, there also seems to be someone talking NER up but i'm not taking it seriously for now. Is there going to be a change in powerhouses?

Phantom
wrote on 16-Mar-06 16:03

No there will be no change in any powerhouses..(besides maybe WPH) STA, NOR, PEN to still be the top teams as they have been the last 3 or so years.. I seriously dont know where the positive feedback has been coming from for thornleigh, their trial form is mediocre at best as batts has suggested earlier. Penno rightfully though seem to have a good team, but you can not go past STA to dominate again...

wrote on 16-Mar-06 17:09

Re: Who will win the 2006 comp? Posted by: Kostya (IP Logged) Date: March 16, 2006 11:48AM sour grapes Coves. Be gracious in defeat, and get used to it. No sour grapes they were definatley the better team on the night. Just thought that the right up made their so called run away goals look better. Beating the offside trap when we have the ball, cmon what game was he watching?

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 16-Mar-06 18:06

If West Penno get relegated this year and after last nights game it could quite easily happen, all the boys that boycotted this for whatever reason will be hanging there heads in shame, not blaming the coach but themselves. At least they will have an All Age ones championship team...big deal. And those who have left to go to other clubs, your even worse.

GHFA Fan
wrote on 17-Mar-06 08:00

Ladies, Ladies, theres no need to squable. A person is entitled to change their opinion, a little unwarranted after only 1 pre-season game, but thats his decision. We all know that this forum is now being used for mind games and to some extend childish antics (Ben, you are a classy bloke mate. Its good to see such fine examples being drafted into the police force....) Just in case you didnt pick that up it was sarcasm. You can find the definition of it in the dictionary. The simple facts are that WPH will not be relegated, Normo will be strong, as will Penno and STA. Thornleigh are generating some good football but not enough to be considered top 4 at the moment and even though they talk themselves down, NER will be a top 4 contender also. These are the bare facts and we all know it, West Penno will probably be only top 4 team that will show more change than the others this year but you can never count them out. The first 2 games of the season will indicate greatly how the season will go. Big games.

Phantom
wrote on 17-Mar-06 08:08

Your an idiot Marty... They wont get relegated not even close.. besides why have you turned on them??? When Damo didnt mention them as "the usual suspects" to be going for the trophy this year. You asked him how the hell could he think that it wasnt possible.. You were all for WPH 3 weeks ago and now your doubting/slagging them... whats your go?? Things get a little edgy and you abandon ship... You saw one match a pre season one at that! and you base everything on that.. what a joke...

Pete
wrote on 17-Mar-06 09:00

GHFA fan, You got the wrong seal in the coppers you goose... it's the other one who's signed up

Policeman
wrote on 17-Mar-06 09:06

Ben, Police force as well? I think someones confused.

Copper
wrote on 17-Mar-06 09:07

Besides, dont they have to do a fitness test to get in?

Phantom
wrote on 17-Mar-06 09:09

Wow everyone is quick to jump in and ridicule a guy for making a little mistake..get over it.. Copper where is your next standup comedy act at?

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:01

OK Ben, You are fat n old n love eating Pies. Love Batts

Copper
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:04

Rooty Hill RSL

Pete
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:04

One knee reco probably resulted from a bad tackle... the other recurring probably due to excess baggage. Ben, who cares about the number of amatuer junior titles who have won. Only PL ones, of which there is no state cups, and what, three championships or so.

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:06

NO ONE IS TALKING US DOWN !!!!! I am simply correcting the "Deflectors" who are wrongly talking us up. Nothing more nothing less. We have lost 3 players + a vampire and gained 3 players + a vampire. 2 from All Age. In firsts we have simply swapped a 34 year old for a 17 y.o. THAT'S IT!! All your old favourites are back. Stix loitering around up front, "The Mouth from the South" in goal sledging, Captain Josh kicking blokes & the human Pie Oven Jamie wants to play early so he wont miss out if the canteen runs dry. Oh and at 98 kilos (I have lost 2) you wont miss me. The NERds will be the same as last year. Not better nor worse. All I am hoping for is that other top 4 candidates self destruct by massive defections; or weaken themselves by not selecting their best players in their squad making them toothless; or select a coach who is clueless and hence wastes their young talent. That way we may break the 5th place hoodoo that Budgie placed on me with a voodoo doll and sneak into the semis behind the aptly titled "Grave Diggers" & "Magillas Gorillas".

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:06

A few more than that Pete. Who are you? please tell so i can throw some mud? As for you Batts.. You are also a fat Bastard!!! Thanks for the honesty.

Phantom
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:07

Pete what have you achieved then my friend?

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:07

All the monika's love to sledge. you have no idea GHFA fan. I wish people would have the kahoona's to use their real name. That way i can sledge fairly instead of reply about other forms of pie's. Perhaps all the monika's have pies not kahoona's??? I simply have a right to reply to the same OLD joke played on forum sites over and over. I may not have the silky skills and am carrying a bit more extra xmas cheer than most (and 3 knee reconstructons), but on the field i am a tough competitor and give 110% at all times. This helps the team get over the line and the amount of GHFA and state cup titles i have is a testiment to this. So, if anyone wants to sledge, have some balls, put them in the till and use your real names.

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:00

I let you off easy because you are honest and you are genuine. I am looking forward to some of the cowards coming forward though.

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:01

Ben, You let me off that lightly ??? I'm older, fatter and arguably like a pie or 3 more than you. I've gotta say, you have gone soft. Wa, you are just old.

Pete
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:03

Dont' play in your league... yet. Still running around in state league div 1 with Fairfield. I have a couple of buddies who play(ed) in your league... Epping Eastwood and Thornleigh - I've watched quite a number of games. So start throwin' some mud Ben... or as I gather from the rhetoric... some pies...

copper
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:07

Sob Sob, knee reco's , sob , sob , xmas cheer. have you heard anyone feel more sorry for themselves? junior titles dont count for crap and %110 is probably 40% effort and 70% foult play and cheap shots. There is alot of truth in what someone said in this forum earlier that west pennant hills players like ot talk about themselves at every opportinuty, past glories, so on. get over yourself, I know that might be a little hard for you ben, Use a ladder. oh and a knee brace and carry your u/13's most improved player award too, for luck.

Copper
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:00

Ta ta Benjamin, nothing but talk, and a quiter.

pinky
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:02

Batts, glad to know park football still gets you excited year in year out. especially after yiu have plied your trade in the 'highest level' in europe and local NSL.

Common Sense

Pete, Our Prem league comp has seen many ex State Leaguers come with big names and grand expectations only to 'not impress' and be deemed flops. Some have been successful, some have not. So could you please alert us when you lower yourself to our league so that we can appreciate you in all your glory. Oh and Ben never throws (and wastes) a pie.

pinky

no batts, no sacarsm - just respect for the display of enthusiasm/passion. (kneeling down prostrating....) r-e-s-p-e-c-t

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:04

Not quiting Copper (which happens to be a rather SOFT metal). Can only play 8/14 games in AA1, so that would mean 8/18 in PL. It's called letting some other people have a go. I just can't commit and wouldn't be fair on the team. In a few years the younger blokes that have been given a chance now will develop into strong experienced PL Players.

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:05

Pinky, Is there a problem with that ?? I am not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not. I get excited because I still have the passion. But i take park football so seriously that I regularly play in goals in the first half of the stiffs (much to Magilla's dismay). Not the ideal pre match preperation for a 40 year old, but you have to take in perspective.

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:05

A little low of self esteem Copper?? If it makes you feel better to sledge people behind a false name and come across as a wanker, keep going. As for 110%. I hope you end up in AA1 one day. There will be no 40% effort on you. Just 110% bad tackling!!! Pete, you have no idea about this league.

Gane`
wrote on 17-Mar-06 15:00

copper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > There is alot of truth in what someone said in > this forum earlier that west pennant hills players > like ot talk about themselves at every > opportinuty, past glories, so on. > > get over yourself, I know that might be a little > hard for you ben, Use a ladder. > This forum has been created to take the place of the now defunct "West Pennant Hills PL forum". It stands to reason that there would be a fairly high proportion of comment relating to West Pennant Hills on the old website as the site was for WPH. Same names on the forum here and same conversation now so why do you think it would be any different Copper? I didn't play in many winning teams through the juniors Copper so obviously I am not writing about it now. From the tone of your message I get the impression you did not either.

Copper
wrote on 17-Mar-06 16:07

Again with the west penno past, we had a forum, blah, blah. Geez gane, your either not the smartest bloke or you just like making yourself look dumb. Are you so bold as to guess how many junior titles a person has won by the TONE of someone's typed message? forget west penno, you should earn a living as a phsycic, alot of people would love to have a talent like that. can you explain the "Tone" of this entry? i recommend that you join Benjamin and have a "Dictionary Day", work out the definition of tone. Just a tip, Some people like to live in the past and refer to it when convinient, others prefer to look to the future and live for the current day. I find referring to past victories, especialy in juniors, as resignatinatory action. i would prefer to continue the conversation about this season and this years teams wiithout having to read west penno players comparing their 03 team to their 02 team. It would also be nice for some of the has beens (or never beens) who are not going to be involved PL anymore, to stop talking as they can no longer back it up on the pitch (not that they ever did) and leave with at least some dignity and not blame knee injuries for their lack of skill.

Gane`
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:03

I played in a team that scored one goal all year and the best result was a nil all draw....in the under 8's. Good times.

Ben
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:05

The only dic in Dictionary is most certanly you copper. What makes you assume that some of the guys won't be back in PL??? We are still waiting for your claim to fame. You have not mentioned the future, or the present for that matter. All you seem to be concerned with is WPH. Perhaps it is you who can't let it go. Perhaps we have performed better than your team in recent years and you can't handle that a bunch of fat blokes with no skill and bad knees have spanked you across the park many times!!! It does not say much for your skill level now does it??? You must be a soft cock to hide behing your name even when asked to bring forth your identity. Commonly refered to as an identity coward. I think it is you who should get over it.

Gane`
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:05

If memory serves me correctly my Dad was the coach that year....that should answer your question. I think he let me move up front for the last few games....needless to say I did not score the goal.

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:06

Talk about toothless Ganes. Were you playing striker then ??

Batts
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:09

I got relegated with the Mighty Wombats in under 8's back in '72.

Gane`
wrote on 17-Mar-06 17:09

With regards to me "not being the smartest bloke" I will leave you to your judgement. One thing you should know is how to spell psychic. The "tone" of my entry was simply to point out a quite obvious reason for a large amount of talk within this forum to relate to West Pennant Hills. Give it a little time and the talk may expand to more interesting topics like World Dictionary Day. Thank you for your tip - this is indeed true. Some people do like to refer to the past when convenient. Unfortunately we cannot all win the competition every year so sometimes people may delve into their past for their glory days. This is human nature and some may refer to it as "remembering the good times". As for your comment about WPH players comparing teams from 02 and 03 and 97 and whenever, you must remember that you have made the conscious decision to sit here and read these comments and that if you do not like the content then it is very easy: don't read it.

Retired WPH #11 long baller
wrote on 18-Mar-06 13:06

Copper.....u are a deadset wanker. i wish i would come out of retirement to play against u(thats if u still play) and snap u in a game legitimately. Its tough talking behind a computer screen champ.

Gordy
wrote on 19-Mar-06 21:04

With another reported good result from Penno today against Bankstown, Im stickin with pickin Penno as the team to beat. Anyone heard results from STA and WPH today?

Batman
wrote on 20-Mar-06 08:03

Now we have 2 old fat ex players wanting to get on the filed and "Snap" copper. Thats what footballs about. Idiots.

Fat Bloke on the Hill
wrote on 20-Mar-06 09:08

Batts, How did the Orange Boys go against Asquith Yesterday ?

Asquith Supporter
wrote on 20-Mar-06 11:07

After Yesterdays Performance i believe North Epping will need to be put up as favourites for the GHFA Comp. Awesome !!

Birdman
wrote on 20-Mar-06 12:00

So what was the result and what happened? Did Batts do any running?

Batts
wrote on 20-Mar-06 17:08

Fat Bloke, I am not Batman. Just another Deflector impersonating me. We went down in both grades to Asquith. 4-2 in stiffs and 2-1 in 1sts. Nothing much happened. GAme was a bit boring actually. Their official ref made it interestnig for both teams. Our supposedly newly acquired State Leaguers that I am keeping under my hat from anyone are gold. Yeah, Fools Gold.

John Wayne
wrote on 21-Mar-06 08:07

Batts, arent there bingo or bowls nights organised in your area? maybe you should mingle with people your age instead of trying to keep up here in the forum. And please stop talking your team up, enough.

Batts
wrote on 21-Mar-06 09:03

Listen here Duke, I am doing the funnies around here, so if you haven't anything intelligent or humorous to say, just worry about your passing game. It needs a little work. Geez, it seems that former NSL players who pose as coaches are a tad on the nose these days. Being able to trap a ball with their 3rd touch seems to go to some peoples heads.

BAtts
wrote on 21-Mar-06 11:03

Nice one Woody. Looks like we know who is deflecting now. Not enough brains to keep it quiet for long. If you are gonna time travel for me, go to the 70's n 80's. Seinfeld was 90's.

Clint Eastwood
wrote on 21-Mar-06 11:04

You must be old batts because these "funnies, Intelligent and Humorous" posts that you are adding arent even funny to me!! Maybe they were funny in your era but i'm pretty old so in must have been centuries ago!! lets all chip in and get batts the sienfeld DVD's for his 60th. Oh maybe we should start with D'ffrent Strokes and work him up, sounds like he needs a whole recap. Penno and North Epping top 2 and i'm willing to put money on it. Got my inside info.

Batts
wrote on 21-Mar-06 13:07

Is it hard slagging without your name ??

Jesse James
wrote on 21-Mar-06 13:08

Sorry Batts, Seinfeld First aired in the late late 80's. Although i dont expect you to remember, you could have already been senile by that stage. hows your shooting practice? is it hard kicking with a caine?

Jesse James
wrote on 21-Mar-06 13:09

obviously not Einstein.

Batts
wrote on 21-Mar-06 15:00

Don't have a swipe at my IQ, shit for brains, as it was a rhetorical question. You young blokes just ain't makin' it are you.

Jesse James
wrote on 21-Mar-06 16:01

Your head's rhetorical. P.S Aren't you old enough to know when you're being egged on and NOT bite? It should be the other way around, you should be egging and the young blokes should be biting. Looks like some people never learn............Its sad when your IQ is lower than your age.

Batts
wrote on 21-Mar-06 17:09

I am sorry to rain on your enjoyment parade but some rangers and a few others (a tiger & a wombat & a Villager for example) are having a right old giggle about this. I am not really upset at all. Its all a grand gee up. So don't suddenly worry about me young chap. We are having a wail of a time. Keep it up please because it gets boring on this site when no one is getting bagged out. I'll give you a tip, although you have heard it before; Rangers for the top 2...

Eddie McGuire
wrote on 21-Mar-06 18:00

How good is it when people hide behind a name....

No name
wrote on 21-Mar-06 19:06

Yeah, easy when your a nobody.

Maximus
wrote on 21-Mar-06 23:05

i havent seen full names on here by anyone. All i see is first names, what happens per say, if a person uses their real name but no one knows who it is? are they still "hiding" behind a name? and please would all you do gooders and forum "tough" guys give it a break. there must be 1000 posts i this forum alone about "hiding behind a name" or something alone those lines. what are you going to do if they give their names? go and beat them up? please. Batts, continue the antics, very amusing reads.

the Lock
wrote on 24-Mar-06 00:05

continue the antics....i would say .. boring as batts shit

iwantedthelongestaliasonthisforumandi
wrote on 24-Mar-06 13:02

Yeah…forums and alias posting just don’t go together unless you got an unbiased moderator who has nothing better to do than sort through posts of crap like the last 5\6 pages.

i
wrote on 24-Mar-06 13:07

>>Yeah…forums and alias posting just don’t go together unless you got an unbiased moderator who has nothing better to do than sort through posts of crap like the last 5\6 pages.<<< crap sorter?

Newton
wrote on 24-Mar-06 14:02

this is where the age old question comes into play, who is dumber, the person who writres somethng stupid or the dumbass who reads (and replies) to it.

The Lock
wrote on 24-Mar-06 16:02

I think its the person who Philosophises it

Phantom2000
wrote on 29-May-06 22:07

GHFA Fan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ladies, Ladies, theres no need to squable. > > A person is entitled to change their opinion, a > little unwarranted after only 1 pre-season game, > but thats his decision. > > We all know that this forum is now being used for > mind games and to some extend childish antics > (Ben, you are a classy bloke mate. Its good to see > such fine examples being drafted into the police > force....) Just in case you didnt pick that up it > was sarcasm. You can find the definition of it in > the dictionary. > > The simple facts are that WPH will not be > relegated, Normo will be strong, as will Penno and > STA. Thornleigh are generating some good football > but not enough to be considered top 4 at the > moment and even though they talk themselves down, > NER will be a top 4 contender also. > > > These are the bare facts and we all know it, West > Penno will probably be only top 4 team that will > show more change than the others this year but you > can never count them out. > > The first 2 games of the season will indicate > greatly how the season will go. Big games. Just thought i would bring this post up as whoever GHFA fan is, he has basically got it 100% correct..... So how does everyone see it turning out at the end of the season now? Who is going to be in the top 4? and who is going down? Macquarie UNI are 99% certain of being up nect year aswell, so a nice oval to play on next year perhaps? whats your take on it all???

LiamW
wrote on 30-May-06 11:05

The next few weeks are going to interesting with team line ups very differently from the first round. We have lost Hicky for the next few weeks after he scammed a work trip to the UK then extended it to go the World Cup. According to the gossip STA and Normo have both lost important players. I reckon its between WPH and Penno if the gossip is correct

Author:
Subject: