Zidane

Views: 2599 Posts: 16
Don Quixote
wrote on 10-Jul-06 08:09

What a great header by Zidane in extra time. The one Buffon tipped over wasn't bad either!

Gaz
wrote on 10-Jul-06 12:05

One of the italians must have said somehting pretty offensive to get a reaction like that out of zidane. He seems like about the most level headed bloke in world soccer, so to get a brain explosion like that there must have been something pretty severe said. It will be interesting to see the wash up on that incident in coming days....

Mystikal
wrote on 10-Jul-06 14:01

deffinantly a red card offence but fuck me those italians are good at milking penalties for everything they're worth. what a dive.

Mitch Hell
wrote on 10-Jul-06 14:03

Yeah something bad must definitely have been said. However, although Zidane seems level headed it's not the first time he's snapped. I remember a stomping incident in the 98 world cup which he was red carded and I'm sure there's been a couple other brain explosions from Zizou. Having said that, today's headbutt has got to be the best and funniest way to end an international career. Ever. http://imagesocket.com/images/zidane29b.gif

DAMIEN
wrote on 10-Jul-06 14:08

If only Materazzi wasnt so tall...

Anon
wrote on 10-Jul-06 19:07

And the frenchman's dive to get a spotkick?

Gaz
wrote on 10-Jul-06 21:05

Yeh, i wish i had a headbutt that strong, materazzi flew back as if he'd been shot... No way the fench goal was a penalty, malouda must have been blown over by a strong breeze! I didnt realise diving/acting injured/pleading with the ref for red cards was such a problem in football but after seeing the shenanigans in this world cup its cleary worse than ever! half the time players fall over rather than have a shot on goal or get a pass away, its a disgrace! the reason why soccer hasnt been accepted by the general public in australia over the years is because the australian way is to have a fair dinkum go! not to be carried off after getting a flick on the leg. i realise not 100% of players are at fault, but it is rife in the game worldwide. These players call themselves professional sportsMEN, they should bloody well start acting like it!

wrote on 10-Jul-06 21:05

France captain Zinedine Zidane has been named the FIFA Golden Ball award winner as the outstanding player of the 2006 World Cup despite being sent off in the final. ---------- golden ball should be withdrawn.

Big Nev
wrote on 11-Jul-06 08:05

ITALY defender Marco Materazzi has denied a report that he called Zinedine Zidane a "dirty terrorist" seconds before the France captain head-butted him in the World Cup final.

ZZZzzzzzzz
wrote on 11-Jul-06 09:06

doesn't matter what was said - alot of things are being said - on & off the pitch. there is no proof anyway. if your going to headbutt someone - at least aim for his nose.

Mystikal
wrote on 11-Jul-06 12:01

Anon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And the frenchman's dive to get a spotkick? yeah that was even more pathetic. I guess you just have to rely on the ref being in a good position to make the right calls...I guess in this case he wasn't. But then again France should have had another penalty given later in the match that wasn't so I guess it evened out.

Anon
wrote on 11-Jul-06 14:02

Video replays are definetely needed in certain circumstances. Spot on Gaz, and after every game there should be a board that analyses footage of any possible diving/faking incidents who can then ban players from games if they are found guilty. Harsh punishment is the only way to deter players from doing such crap and ruining the game.

Zidane
wrote on 11-Jul-06 14:02

He did call me a dirty terrorist!!

Mitch Hell
wrote on 11-Jul-06 14:08

I still don't agree with decisions based upon replays during games, but think there is definitely ground for retrospective replay and analysis.

Maverick
wrote on 12-Jul-06 12:06

Zidane World Cup Headbutt Animation Festival http://www.dashes.com/anil/2006/07/11/zidane_world_cu

Anonymous User
wrote on 13-Jul-06 01:05

Zinedine Zidane could be stripped of his World Cup Golden Ball award, FIFA chief Joseph Blatter has stated. The Frenchman pipped Fabio Cannavaro and Andrea Pirlo to the honour, but there is the possibility that FIFA could act to reverse the decision made by a panel of journalists after his head-butt on Marco Materazzi in the World Cup Final. “I’ve ordered our disciplinary section to open an investigation regarding the incident,” Blatter told the Repubblica newspaper. “We’ll await their findings before taking any action. “The winner of that award is not decided by FIFA, but by an international commission of journalists. “Saying that, FIFA’s executive committee has the power and the need to intervene when dealing with comportments which go against the ethics of sport. “But we have to wait for the time being. Being innocent until being proved guilty is a sacred principle.” Zidane shocked the footballing community with his gesture, one which Blatter has admitted was rather unexpected. “It hurt me,” he continued. “I’ve known Zidane for many years. Seeing him react like that was bad, for himself and for fair play. “He was so distraught after the game that when the French officials told him to go and collect his medal, he replied by stating that he didn’t deserve a medal.” The Italian newspaper also used the interview to ask Blatter why he wasn’t part of the ceremony in which the Azzurri were handed the World Cup trophy. “I was convinced that the honour should have gone to my Vice-President and UEFA President Lennart Johansson,” he explained. “The decision had already been taken after the quarter-finals when it became clear that the title would have gone to a European nation. I thought it was the right thing to do.” Meanwhile, Zidane is set to speak publicly for the first time after his controversial red card on French television this evening.

Author:
Subject: