Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Italy

Views: 1791 Posts: 11
Disapointed
wrote on 05-Jul-06 08:05

Yeah i will be watching it...Ill go for whoever the Azzuri are playing Go Portugal!! ( I hope..)

Anonymous User
wrote on 05-Jul-06 08:08

To Disapointed, I guess you wont be watching the Finale then.....?

Nutta
wrote on 05-Jul-06 09:03

Great to see Italy doing well. The better they go the more encouraging it is for Australia since we competed so well against Italy. By the way the diving jokes etc are getting weak now. It's frustrating but people shpould move on.

Phantom2000
wrote on 05-Jul-06 09:03

France to unlock them, if they make it through. Zidane to be too good for those diving italians...

PB
wrote on 05-Jul-06 09:06

Italians will be hard to beat now...only conceded 1 goal in their 6 games. Germany never ever really broke them down...

wrote on 05-Jul-06 10:08

Fair play to Italy, they started with 2 strikers and Totti, finishing with 2 strikers, Totti and DelPeiro all on the pitch - 4 forwards!!!! At least they were trying to win the game rather than their reputation of sitting back and counter attacking. I'm still sorry to see Germany go out, they are the hosts and have played good football.

Dino Zoff
wrote on 05-Jul-06 12:00

All Age, who was the other striker up front with Toni from the start ?? I thought it was Totti playing in behind in a deeper role. I didn't notice who the second striker you mentioned was. Could you name him as Gilardino was on the bench ???

Don Quixote
wrote on 05-Jul-06 13:03

Italy's starting line-up was: 1 BUFFON 3 GROSSO 5 CANNAVARO 8 GATTUSO 9 TONI 10 TOTTI 16 CAMORANESI 19 ZAMBROTTA 20 PERROTTA 21 PIRLO 23 MATERAZZI GILARDINO replaced TONI IAQUINTA replaced CAMORANESI DEL PIERO replaced PERROTTA

Gaz
wrote on 05-Jul-06 13:09

wasnt it that Iquinta bloke. did he start?

Le Dino
wrote on 05-Jul-06 14:07

So in fact they did NOT start with 2 strikers and Totti. And with thosesubs mentioned by Donny Q. it would seem that they never had more than 1 striker plus Totti until Del Piero arrived late. A very negative game plan with Germany failing to break us down. Viva Le France !!!

wrote on 06-Jul-06 08:02

Dino I was actually paying Italy a compliment, you shouldn't use an Italian legends name to remove a compliment about Italy. My appologises 1 striker and 2 close behind, still giving the illusion of 3 forward. TONI was striker and TOTTI and CAMORANESI were both in very advanced positions - hence why the game plan hardly changed when IAQUINTA replaced CAMORANESI.

Author:
Subject: