Loyal to the game

Views: 528 Posts: 2
Nutta
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:00

I noted whilst watching the sports time slot on tv on the weekend and on sports tonight that world cup quarter final match reports came last. After our national football codes and tennis and possibly after tour de france. Anyways it was right near the end. Now it's the tv stations that decide that but it's indicative of the world game in Australia. It seems that most supporters of the socceroos are merely following the world cup cause Australia were in it. If the game is to expand in this country we need more than people like Frank Lowy getting behind it. The attitude of the nation has to change. Yes support the socceroos but the game needs to be enjoyed more for what it is. Otherwise we won't get past the last 16. I really sat there in disbelief, the world cup was like a sporting after thought on major tv stations.

frankie
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:03

yep i was able to extract 8 million from the federal government as a 'loan'... no other sports have as much funding as the socceroos. damn i was able to do it all by myself - without having to put in one cent of my own money. i am so proud. now let's see who see me pull another rabbit out of the hat by revealing Houllier as the new coach. no local rubbish.

Author:
Subject: