Boring boring Normanhurst

Views: 4542 Posts: 23
Lioness
wrote on 28-Jun-06 13:05

You could probably call Normo the Italians of GHFA. Class defence but boring as to watch and lacking firepower up front on top of their counter attack game. Wait till we get at them this weekend

Juice
wrote on 28-Jun-06 14:05

Lioness, you fairy, last thing we want to do is fire up their "class defence" and so called "lacking fire power". Am I wrong or are they leading the comp?

Phantom2000
wrote on 28-Jun-06 14:09

Hahaha lionees your going to get smashed... even more so now you said that....

sk00bs
wrote on 28-Jun-06 15:01

"normo lacking fire power" do you play soccer with your eyes closed?! what an idiot. normo paying $1.10 for the win this weekend.

n00b
wrote on 28-Jun-06 15:07

$5 says Lioness doesnt even play for WPH PL.

Batts'
wrote on 28-Jun-06 16:04

I hope Normo smashes WPH as when we beat Ravens we will be only 3 points behind them and we have them last round. Are you hearing footsteps Juicey ?? They are creeping up on you Count Dracula !!

Juice
wrote on 28-Jun-06 17:02

If it's you creeping up Batts it would sound more like a stampede. :)

Batts'
wrote on 28-Jun-06 18:03

Ouch !!

Covers
wrote on 28-Jun-06 23:06

Didnt that scenario play out 2 years ago batts with you needing to beat us to get 4th and we drew with you.

Josh
wrote on 29-Jun-06 12:02

And I can still hear Juice squealing as he fell to the ground after Scotty scored a legitimate header. A protected species are these goalkeepers. I'm not sure if we won that game if we would have gone through. You guys had won the comp anyway before the game.

Juice
wrote on 29-Jun-06 13:05

Ah yes Josh it was exaggerated, I was coached well in my junior days. However, I'm not the git that falls for the act, that's the bloke in black and white. You still had other good opportunities to score. :)

Minime
wrote on 30-Jun-06 14:03

With 3 teams sitting on 16 points who will do the better in the last 5 games.Will one of these teams make the top 4? and knock out WPH or are they to far out in front on points(WPH)

Don Quixote
wrote on 30-Jun-06 14:04

I would suggest that the top four teams now will be the top four at the end. They are the only teams with positive goal difference. The order might change though.

Juice
wrote on 01-Jul-06 21:00

Batts, "I hope Normo smashes WPH as when we beat Ravens we will be only 3 points behind them and we have them last round. Are you hearing footsteps Juicey ?? They are creeping up on you Count Dracula !!"... Sorry Batts, couldn't help you out. :)

Batts'
wrote on 01-Jul-06 22:01

You get no smiley face from me Juicey Loosey. I just wanted to make the point that if you get it wrong as a coach (big time) you should get the heave-ho (ala Jose Peckerman) Great name but at 1 nil up with 12 minutes to go, you don't take your play maker & best penalty taker off to add a 3rd midfiled tough guy to hold onto a slim lead. When will these "''putanas" ever learn. Messi for Teves or Crespo was the obvious choice for the same reason "Guus" put on Archie for Viduka against Holland. It can't be that hard. 5th place 4 years running goes to show it.

Batts'
wrote on 01-Jul-06 22:03

You forgot to mention the insult about the "Stampede"...... Alright, so it didn't go directly to plan. It's not like you have won the double in first grade like NER in '87 !!!!!!

Juice
wrote on 01-Jul-06 23:08

Batts, I was playing in the U13s in '87!... Sorry if I don't remember that one. If you say it was so, then well done. In anycase Batts, you were running around for Wollongong City back then weren't you?

Lioness
wrote on 03-Jul-06 10:06

Boring boring Normanhurst was just a i said. Let me tell you there defence though was very dicey and i take back my comment on them. There two wide defenders were weak as anything and cost them two late goals when Normanhurst looked to be in total control of the game. They only have Nath Gray back there who was the only one who looked like a footballer for them and saved them countless times. On that performance theres no chance Normo will win the comp

BAtts'
wrote on 03-Jul-06 11:07

Yes Juice you are correct. I was just rehashing some inane fact that I was told by some old Nerd when he learnt that St.A's won the double double. I should have stuck to more recent times. NERds double in 2002. In fact now that I think of it, there are NOT many clubs who have won the double. I know the double double is GOLD but I am just talking first grade double here; St.A's 2005 obviously, NERds 2002, Penno 2000 and those dastardly EEW in the early 90's. Is that it ?? Have I missed anyone ??. A very selective elite group indeed.

Rocko
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:00

Batts Not in this comp only in the MWSA when Brookvale not only won the normal comp but also the Champion of Champions 2 years in a row beat that girls in the GHFA

Juice
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:05

Indeed Rocko, a solid effort for a team that could probably compete successfully in State League div 1... oh, hang on, that's right wasn't that Brookie team predominately made up of State leaguies or at least could still be playing state league. Rocko, go pester your own association for an online forum where you can continually blow smoke up your 'living in the past' arse with your ex Brookie buddies and whoever will reply.

cub
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:05

>>They only have Nath Gray back there who was the only one who looked like a footballer for them and saved them countless times. On that performance theres no chance Normo will win the comp <<<< Lioness, i think you ought to eat your own shoes/boots if normo wins it. do u prefer tomato or mustard sauce?

Juice
wrote on 03-Jul-06 15:08

Yes I agree cub. Lioness, it's fair too say WPH is a bogy team for NOR, just as STA is ours. I wouldn't count them out of the title race as yet based on the weekend's perfromance.

Author:
Subject: