ITALY VS AUSTRALIA

Views: 2530 Posts: 14
Anonymous User
wrote on 23-Jun-06 07:07

Australia, its time to play a real team!

DMilligan
wrote on 23-Jun-06 10:01

Is Brazil not a real team?

Miben
wrote on 23-Jun-06 10:01

I'll be interested to see how the referee's manage the so called "toughest" playing team in the World Cup vs. the team who are traditionally the world's biggest divers... The refereeing so far has been nothing short of abysmal...

Mystikal
wrote on 23-Jun-06 10:03

Nice tackle (rugby league style) on viduka in the box as well. I reckon even a GHFA ref would have pointed straight to the spot for that one.

wrote on 23-Jun-06 10:06

croatia is not a real (?) team?

Anonymous User
wrote on 24-Jun-06 18:07

Here are some interesting facts going into Tuesdays game: 1. Australia have never played Italy in any form, friendly or competition. 2. Italy were knocked out at this stage in 02 buy a Guus coached team (S.Korea) 3. Italy have only conceeded one goal in this years WC and Italy scored it. 4. Australia go into the round of 16 as the worst qualifiers. (PTS + Goal Dif) 5. Italy have not been beaten in 90min at the knock out stage since 1986. 6. Italy are good.

wrote on 24-Jun-06 19:06

7. Australia will be better

Anonymous User
wrote on 24-Jun-06 21:08

Hopefully the best team on the night wins and is not marred by bad refereeing decisions. Should be a very close game, i,ll be happy either way.

patriot
wrote on 26-Jun-06 10:00

Gallo weren't you born here you unpatriotic scab? Have'nt you been living off Government handouts for the last few years. It's OK to cheer your fathers homeland but what about the country that you live in. Have you no respect? Obviously not!

DMIlligan
wrote on 26-Jun-06 11:06

Whoa back there Patriot.....fair go. Gallo said: 1. He hopes the best team wins 2. Refs don't ruin the game 3. He will be happy either way How does that make him a scab? He's a proud Aussie who still respects his ancestry. It sounds fair to me. What's your point Patriot?

olympics
wrote on 26-Jun-06 13:05

Australia played italy in the 2000 olympics and lost 1-0 to an andrea pirlo goal. 7 aussies were involved in that game from the current squad. and only 2 italians.

Anonymous User
wrote on 26-Jun-06 16:02

Olympics, yes you are correct, Italy did play Australia in the Olympics but that is a U/23s competition allowing 1 or 2 over age players to compete. Patriot, Its my "mother and fathers home land" and have passionately followed the Azzurri in every major tournament since i was born. Since Australia has never been in any of these i find my loyalties devided in this case even if i do have ITALIA in lights at the front of my house. Im sorry that you feel so hurt that you have to resort to bringing up personal matters but you obviously know me and have other issues appart from whom i support. Its just a game champ.

Anonymous User
wrote on 26-Jun-06 18:08

"Patriot" Such a proud representitive of your country you are bagging another persons culture and beliefs behind an anonymous name. Come on P, who are you again? Love Gallo.

Juice
wrote on 26-Jun-06 21:05

Gallo, if he's fair dinkum anglo aussie, his ancestors probably stole a loaf of bread to get to this country.

Author:
Subject: