All the goss

Views: 10458 Posts: 47
where?
wrote on 15-Mar-06 12:00

Where is Adam Leonardi?

Gordy
wrote on 15-Mar-06 12:00

This is a straight lift from the Normo site. What do you think about these appointments...any surprises?? The Normanhurst Premier League squad for 2006 has now been finalised. Congratulations to the following players who have made the squad Adam Frost G/K Craig Whitehouse G/K Dave Ochert Defender Nathan Gray Defender Chris Bull Defender Todd Ewart Defender Carlos Reyna Defender Sean Willcock Defender Mick Faber Defender Ben Norris Defender Peter Brady Defender Chris Willcock Defender Adam Parsons Defender Andrew Goldrick Midfield Ryan Ewart Midfield Darren McKee Midfield Andy Eylsee Midfield Jimmy McLaughlin Midfield Liam Woodman Midfield Rob Kralic Midfield David O’ Keefe Midfield Josh Ruttyn Midfield Adam Parfett Midfield Johnny Stinson Striker Lincoln Skerritt Striker Ian Hawkins Striker Nishad Kulkarni Striker Gareth Wright Striker Tim Calvert Striker Adrian Leonardi Striker

Blue
wrote on 15-Mar-06 12:01

Gray is playing... thought he was going to Wesern Rage? Leonardi gone... big loss for Normo.

Goooooone
wrote on 15-Mar-06 13:00

Yes, this should see them struggle up front again.....

Phantom
wrote on 15-Mar-06 13:09

Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see... As for them struggling... i dont think so. They will be fitter than any other team in the comp thats for sure.

Blues
wrote on 15-Mar-06 14:00

Gray was playing for Western Rage but got injured and couldnt commit to their extra training sessions. Leonardi didnt make the squad and either did Bevo.

Ball Player
wrote on 15-Mar-06 14:05

So they will do well in the end of year Marathon run. Big deal.. Can they play with a ball??

Confused
wrote on 15-Mar-06 15:02

Well strike me Pink. Maybe he will get free "Hot n Spicy" giblets after training.

Pinky

Well you look pretty dumb from where i'm standing. Confused, its confirmed that Leo didnt make the team. Now he's considering joining Boz at the mighty penno, which might be a scary though if it does continue. You can imagine the damage that can cause, you have Leo dribbling past 7 players, turning, stepping majestically. Oh and boz running fast. dangerous combo. Normo will struggle even more to score. did someone say outside top 4?

Confused

Are you saying that Adam Leonardi, the best striker Normo has ever had (I count Tim S as a midfielder) and last year, their ONLY strike weapon, didn't make their Premier League squad ????? How dumb do you think I look ???

Rubbish
wrote on 15-Mar-06 15:05

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Apart from Tim Simpson, he's their most dangerous player. Don't believe what you read.

pinky
wrote on 15-Mar-06 15:08

does that mean we dont believe you, or we do believe you, or we should believe what we believe is the truth in your post or not believe the post and read the other post but only listen and not hear, or hear and not listed. Hold on Rubbish, are you being tricky?? so apart from tim s, adam leonardi is or isnt their most dangerous player ? i dont know if your telling me to ... too confusing.

Rubbish
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:05

What I'm saying Pinky (and I think everyone apart from you understood what I said) is that Leonardi would be one of their best players and I find it unbelievable that they would get rid of him. They are not strong enough or have the talent in the squad to be able to afford to do that. Not even good enough for Normo Reserve grade?? I don't believe it and I bet that not many others would - even if you say so. If he's left it wouldn't be because he was dropped.

Rubbish
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:05

You are on the money confused about the "what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch" comment. I've heard that a number of times before from them.

Normo
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:06

Leonardi will not play for Normo. He has been left out of the premier league squad. Normo have cut 4-5 1st graders from previous years due to poor attitude and lack of committment. Normo will really do it tough by all accounts, especially looking at the trials form. They got beat by an 0/35's team on the wkd, and got spanked by a bankstown side the week prior 6-1. Normo for the Drop?

Confused
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:07

Mr Rubbish, I also was confused with your post timed 3.45pm but that may not say too much. Anyway you have clarified yourself and i agree with you. 'Leo' has been Normo's most potent attacker other than Tim S. for years. So either a) he is going overseas, as is a rumour that I heard, & DOK is runing the ship as tight as a Nun's nasty OR b) its a total Gee Up and he will be there. Maybe the Normo website has a tyop ni it and Adrian should read Adam. (I can hear the Normo crowd giggling from here). You know the ones. They give the opposition so much crap and abuse that the when players confront them after the game to sort it out and all you hear is "Oh come off it mate, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Leave it alone" Cowards.....

Pinky
wrote on 15-Mar-06 17:07

i dont know wether to believe you or not. i've been told not to believe what i read.

Confused
wrote on 15-Mar-06 18:01

Even though there is always a bit of sledging, they take it too far and personal. But whenever it gets personal for them, they chicken out nad play the "stays on the field" rubbish. Its just an excuse for cowardice. When you cross the line you deserve the consequences, but they hide behind cliches like that or "set a good example for the Normo juniors". Funny thing is these plonkers don't even play in Prems. They are not good enough. They are groupies or hanger-ons. Disturbing isn't it.

LiamW
wrote on 15-Mar-06 22:03

Correct me if I am wrong. On the old forum last year there was a story that it went off in the dressing room between Normo and EEW after a feisty draw towards the end of the season. If I remember rightly the story went that the Normo skipper ran into the Tigers dressing room swinging! You have got to love the passion in park football!!!

skip.
wrote on 15-Mar-06 22:08

wrong. normo skipper is a docile person. that guy ain't no normo skipper. as for leo being dropped for form - i don't believe it. >>>They got beat by an 0/35's team on the wkd, and got spanked by a bankstown side the week prior 6-1. <<< as for normo being beaten by west pymble over 35... i might believe it as they have no ptent striker(s) i think they will be competitive from the backen d this year. normo's best years are over. also their reserve goalie who should be their main goalie has dropped out.

Tiger
wrote on 16-Mar-06 10:05

Isnt it funny how people can sledge on the park and give a bit but they cant take it. Here we have some half-witts writing about wanting to take it off the football park and show off their (lack) of testosterone after the game. They then state that Normo players want to leave it on the pitch. Isn't that what its supposed to be like? play hard, sledge hard, shake hands and go home. Lads, lets get something straight here, if your going to give shit on the field then expect something back. Dont come on the forum and write up some "dear diary" crap. If you want to get it on after the game it just means that the other team are better seldgers than you and got under your skin and you cant handle it. Deal with it yourself. I had a run in with a normo player on the field 2 seasons ago, the blonde skipper. It was a hard battle and we kicked the crap out of each other, called each other everything under the sun. Shook hands reluctantly after the game and we ran into each other at the ping that night. We sat down had a beer and understood that it was a great game, great duel and it was over (at least until next round). Thats what this is about, being man enough handle all aspects of the game and not continue after the 90 minutes. Having said that, No leo, no semis. bye bye Normo.

Juice
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:01

Not even WPH has that privilege... that may come as surprise to some... :)

Batts
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:03

IS anyone else besides the 'Villagers' allowed to play trial games at Christie Park this pre season ?? They play a Manly comp team there this sunday. We were told that absolutely NO GHFA prem team could have it as the Spirit need it. Anyone else got special privaleges ??

Batts
wrote on 16-Mar-06 11:08

So your saying Juice, that Kenny Gower has more pull than Big Ross ?? Hmmm

Juice
wrote on 16-Mar-06 12:02

No Iredales in the squad anymore I guess... :)

pinky
wrote on 16-Mar-06 12:05

..more PULL?

Ben
wrote on 16-Mar-06 14:07

Where has Hayden Beverage gone? Did he get dropped for bad attitude or somehting more exciting??

Greeno
wrote on 16-Mar-06 15:08

considering a move to penno with leo, apparently didnt make the normo squad either.

browno
wrote on 16-Mar-06 17:02

looks like Penno is the Mecca of football... everybody is making pilgrimage.

Pele
wrote on 16-Mar-06 17:03

They are the USA league of the 70's

Night Watchman
wrote on 16-Mar-06 17:07

IS the Penno the graveyard for those not wanted elsewhere ?? A bit like Bolton I spose

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 16-Mar-06 18:04

If West Penno get relegated this year and after last nights game it could quite easily happen, all the boys that boycotted this for whatever reason will be hanging there heads in shame, not blaming the coach but themselves. At least they will have an All Age ones championship team...big deal. And those who have left to go to other clubs, your even worse.

Jason
wrote on 16-Mar-06 18:07

Marty Explain "boycotted" please

wrote on 16-Mar-06 18:07

Cant see us getting relegated but funnier things have happened in GHFA

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 16-Mar-06 20:04

Jason, "Boycotted" Hate Coach-Hurt Him-Prove Point-Leave Club-Take Everyone.

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 16-Mar-06 20:09

Sorry, i meant Hate Coach-Hurt Him-Prove Point-(LEAVE PL)-Take as many as i can. Then watch PL side fail miserably to my joy.

wrote on 16-Mar-06 22:03

> all the boys that boycotted this for whatever reason Marty, Marty, Marty... yet again, you are displaying your ignorance. I can't speak for those that chose to leave to play with another club as I don't know their individual circumstances, however, for those that are playing AA1 this year, there was no "boycott". I don't think there is any secret that Darren and Gus didn't see eye-to-eye, however, for you to suggest that the others, myself included, were brainwashed into leaving is just plain dumb. Look at the age of the players that are playing in our AA1 squad... 10 out of the 15 are over 32 years old, and ranging up to 39. At what age do we have your permission to stop playing PL? Please don't presume to lecture us on commitment. Come back and talk to me when you have played 15 years of Premier League for WPHC (plus junior soccer) like most of our players have. Maybe you should just worry about your own game, instead of trying to make up rumours about the AA1 team. -- Edwa

Mr Nosey
wrote on 16-Mar-06 22:03

Where did it happen in the other end of the shire prey tell ??

Jason
wrote on 16-Mar-06 22:05

Marty You know as well as i do thats a touch unfair on many of last years former players, most of whom have shown decades of loyalty to the club. I believe there are as many as 20 of last years squad not there this year. This is due to a combination of reasons, including natural attrition but also because of an overzealous coaching/management approach to an amateur football side. No one can remember such an exodus at one time and when it happens in any business you start looking at the top, not the bottom. It was the coach who first pushed for a new look west penno, not the other way around and he got it. But the change was not handled well and it is not one that many seasoned onlookers greatly admire. There is a definite lack of experience evident in how things were handled this year and little, if anything done by the nightwatchmen to heal the subsequent rift, apart from a few half-hearted platitudes. When these types of problems show up in just two appointments at both ends of the shire in quick succession, you gotta start to wonder. I dont believe this years WPH is that bad that relegation will be an issue, after all they have managed to keep quite a few of their good, younger emerging players. But if it does become an issue as we get down the track of the 2006 season, the coach will clearly have to carry the can, as he undoubtedly will if he pulls this one off, with his new group of mainly green youngsters.

Jason
wrote on 16-Mar-06 23:01

now that would be telling but the riddle can be solved by the well read

Phantom
wrote on 17-Mar-06 08:04

Thought i would put it in the more new topic, just like the always right Marty.. Your an idiot Marty... They wont get relegated not even close.. besides why have you turned on them??? When Damo didnt mention them as "the usual suspects" to be going for the trophy this year. You asked him how the hell could he think that it wasnt possible.. You were all for WPH 3 weeks ago and now your doubting/slagging them... whats your go?? Things get a little edgy and you abandon ship... You saw one match a pre season one at that! and you base everything on that.. what a joke...

timhill2000
wrote on 17-Mar-06 09:01

yeah suck my balls marty, you don't know shit and too scared to step up from behind the curtain of the internet so screw u

DAMIEN
wrote on 17-Mar-06 10:01

Marty MCFLY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If West Penno get relegated this year and after > last nights game it could quite easily happen, all > the boys that boycotted this for whatever reason > will be hanging there heads in shame, not blaming > the coach but themselves. At least they will have > an All Age ones championship team...big deal. And > those who have left to go to other clubs, your > even worse. McFly, I'd first look at why these players left before u start making judgements, and from where i stand, the root of all evil is Gus, your coach. He wanted to sweep out of old and replace it with the new, and thats what he got. As for the ppl who left wphc for another club... Who are u talking about here? Mitch Bingemann? Tim Hill? Well lets start with tim. You didnt mind when tim came from thornleigh premier league to play for wphc prems, so just remember, it works both ways. As for mitch, just look squarely at your coach, and ask him why he didnt consider him in his plans for the season!

timhill2000
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:02

"the root of all evil is Gus, your coach. He wanted to sweep out of old and replace it with the new, and thats what he got." - I'm not going into reasons on why I left the team, but it was not because of this. I'll be the first to say that I learnt quite alot under Gus and that I respected him as a coach. edwardaux was right on the money, "however, for you to suggest that the others, myself included, were brainwashed into leaving is just plain dumb."

Mitch Hell
wrote on 17-Mar-06 11:04

Ditto Tim and Wa. I had played for West Penno my entire football career, so it was not a decision that was taken lightly. I still support the team and believe they will continue to be competitive albeit not the force they were in previous years. But that comes with the territory in bringing a much younger squad through. Marty, I don't think it's fair of you to brand all the ex WPHC PL players the way you have. You're spitting in the faces of players who have shown incredible commitment and loyalty to the club over the years, players who I'm sure still feel passionately about the team. Just look at the turnout for the Continental Cup game. Just about all of last year's squad was there cheering the new Lions on. As Wa said, all you're doing is parading your ignorance by suggesting players were convinced to go elsewhere.

Common Sense
wrote on 17-Mar-06 12:06

It goes without saying, although by some of the posts on here it needs reminding/explaining, that squads must look toward younger members. A player can't play forever in Premier League. Regardless of comparisons with State Leagues etc, it is a fast decent local level. Older, slower players just cannot compete much past 35, and in some cases 30. So inevitably blokes who have served the clubs admirably in Prems for 10 years or more can in no way be blamed for wanting to train less frequently, less harder and simply enjoy a more leisurely friendly match on the w/e with less pressure and agro. ie. have fun. I am not from WPH but constant whining about a group of, as Edwards said, 32 to 39 year olds, going to play All Age is painful and without substance. GHFA has had clubs before who have literally disppearred overnight because their squad become too old and could not bring through enough kids to replenish stocks. To be honest, I didn't overly like a few of the new WPH All Age 1's and WPH aren't my favourite opposition but a club has to move forward and survive. They did what they had to do. So can we stick to other topics like winding people up.

Common Sense
wrote on 17-Mar-06 14:06

I just had a look at Normo's Prems site and they said it would be a year of transition for the Eagles as they blood some younger blood into the squad. Certainly doesn't sound the top 4 contenders that some are spouting on here.

Author:
Subject: